• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Rx...]

• [Ma...]

• [az...]

• [Jo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad told me that everyone gets depressed sometimes and to just pull myself up from my bootstraps.

He was a Midwestern man born in 1938. I'd say that it was just a generational thing, but my brothers have the same mentality. Never mind I have been chronically depressed since I was 13. It isn't a choice and it isn't something you can just "tough out." We do enough faking it to just get through the day!

And I don't wear boots!

???::):o

“Just believe you’re not depressed n it’ll go away.”

or

“Just think happy thoughts.”

or

“You’re mind can control it.”

😳

god gives you only what you can carry

that is my favorite killer.

agree with this one. Anytime somebody brings god into it as if he has some master plan I wanna rip my eyes and ears out. Have ya looked at the suicide rate in most countries lately.

I just heard that the suicide rate has increased worldwide by 30% in the last five years alone (psychologist Tal Ben-Shahar). The researchers link it to smartphone use making us more isolated and lonely.

But society's emphasis on money, status, achievement, appearance and individualistic thinking are all huge contributing factors IMO. We need to think of ourselves a human family and take better care of each other, across the board.

"I'm sure it's nothing that a few days at the beach can't cure". Recently got this from acquaintance when I told him I was going through hell due to a medication withdrawal. I wanted to punch him but I managed to control myself.