• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Rx...]

• [Ma...]

• [az...]

• [Jo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops.  Is my current flu affecting my thinking?  I meant 2019 and 2018.  Not 2018 and 2017.  Sigh.  :sick:

RxDamaged

Flu?  Bummer!!  I hope you feel better soon, and thank you kindly, for the well wishes and prayers for the new year !!  Boy, do I need them !!

Kindly,

j

"what does your therapist have to say about your ..." (depression, lack of job in a shitty market, anxiety...)  >:(

RxDamaged, hope you're feeling better fast!

"what does your therapist have to say about your ..." (depression, lack of job in a shitty market, anxiety...)  >:(

Oh, God, I've heard that one so many times.  >:(

The "Are you taking your medication?" and "Can you share with me what medication you are taking?" are horrible, too. And these usually happen when I call a helpline and just want to talk to a friendly, understanding person. It's just a lot of scripted garbage that I abhor.

Oh, God, I've heard that one so many times.  >:(

The "Are you taking your medication?" and "Can you share with me what medication you are taking?" are horrible, too. And these usually happen when I call a helpline and just want to talk to a friendly, understanding person. It's just a lot of scripted garbage that I abhor.

Hey there LorazepamFree, yeah this one chaps my hide sometimes - my inner response is usually, 'well who CARES what HE thinks!' lol, since I was sharing - not looking for a clinical diagnosis  :laugh:

and you're right about the helplines - just like a trauma nurse by phone, identify, rule out, locate the immediate issue  :tickedoff:  and gee I was just looking for a warm friendly voice  :heavy sigh:

Thank you, Jozsef and PeacefulHope

And my best to all here continues.  Depression is some seriously rough stuff.  :-[

And my best to all here continues.  Depression is some seriously rough stuff.  :-[

Rx, I too have been in that rough place.  I'm sorry you're suffering.  :therethere:

"So, what's your plan B?"  --  I hate that!!

one of the sentences I am now able to answer with "

"become queen of the world"

or "finding someone who won't play question bingo with me"

"So, what's your plan B?"  --  I hate that!!

one of the sentences I am now able to answer with "

"become queen of the world"

or "finding someone who won't play question bingo with me"

That is brilliant!  I will have to memorize it!  ;)

Rx, I too have been in that rough place.  I'm sorry you're suffering.  :therethere:

I was actually addressing all here suffering, but thank you.  However, I've been battling major life stressors and physical issues as well which equals the blues too.  Going into further detail of such is not helpful for me, however. 

I have a good one: "It will not get better if you continue to sit on the sofa all day"

(suffering from severe pain that makes me bedridden again. Its not a decision I make in my mind you stupid idiot I just cannot leave the sofa. )

• 1 month later...

The doc that poured these benzos into me actually said to me: "This may be as good as it gets" after I complained of w/d symptoms. Never set foot in his office again after being with him approx. 20 years!

• 1 month later...
[7b...]

someone said fo me "Don't worry be happy" oh boy.

And people should not say things like snap out of it, go out and enjoy this nice sunny day...or that they say they get sad sometimes ...depressed people know it's a whole lot more than sadness or just choosing to be happy. 

someone said fo me "Don't worry be happy" oh boy.

And people should not say things like snap out of it, go out and enjoy this nice sunny day...or that they say they get sad sometimes ...depressed people know it's a whole lot more than sadness or just choosing to be happy.

if it was that easy, no one would chose to stay depressed :laugh:

• 1 month later...

god gives you only what you can carry

that is my favorite killer.

agree with this one. Anytime somebody brings god into it as if he has some master plan I wanna rip my eyes and ears out. Have ya looked at the suicide rate in most countries lately.

agree with this one. Anytime somebody brings god into it as if he has some master plan I wanna rip my eyes and ears out. Have ya looked at the suicide rate in most countries lately.

Well, I believe in God, but I don't think God gives depression to anyone.  "...God is love" after all.  More like straight from HELL.

Well, I believe in God, but I don't think God gives depression to anyone.  "...God is love" after all.  More like straight from HELL.

P.S.  Disclaimer:  People who suffer from depression don't choose it either.  It is ludicrous to think anyone would or that it is simply an attitude problem.  So, the "HELL" reference is no judgment (just to clarify).  For myself, pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical withdrawal had everything to do with my former HELLISH depression.  And this is not a blanket anti-med statement, just my personal experience.  And yes, as a matter of fact, my former doctor was the devil.  >:D