ONE productive thing you did today

[wa...]

Hi Everyone  :smitten:

Yesterday I complimented a girl at dance class, telling her her 'suspensions' were really beautiful. She lit up with a smile and thanked me. It might not seem like much, but you can really make someone feel good with just a few words. Even if you can't feel joy right now, perhaps you can give joy to someone else. You still have the power to make someone smile. And that is huge.

Healing Hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Went running in the park for 30 minutes last night, this morning have been pumping the water out of the backyard from the rain flooding that's been going on for weeks, the weatherman says it's the last of it, I hope so!!!!!

Hi Everyone  :smitten:

Yesterday I complimented a girl at dance class, telling her her 'suspensions' were really beautiful. She lit up with a smile and thanked me. It might not seem like much, but you can really make someone feel good with just a few words. Even if you can't feel joy right now, perhaps you can give joy to someone else. You still have the power to make someone smile. And that is huge.

Healing Hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

That is so true, a beautiful post Julz.  Love Mary☮️💜💟

Went running in the park for 30 minutes last night, this morning have been pumping the water out of the backyard from the rain flooding that's been going on for weeks, the weatherman says it's the last of it, I hope so!!!!!

I hate you have to do all that work in the backyard, but it has been beautiful today Ginger.  The sky was amazing this on the way to pt and then a little shopping.

Hope you are feeling good, love ya, Mary ☮️💜💟

Like WBB, Thurs. I was able to sit in the hair salon (normally anxiety producing) for two hours! woo hoo!!  :)

Oh I am so jealous  :D, I want to get my hair colored and highlighted  so bad but 2 hours in their chair is just too long for me.  I bet your hair looks fabulous  Mary :smitten:

Hello Buddies!

Went to work in full on DP/DR, anhedonia, full on anxiety this morning (I work as freelance so i’m part homebound, I work outside 3/4 days a month). I’ve barely slept since I was really anxious to go to work so I was also super tired/wired. But I must say that if you’re functional and not too sensitive to external triggers, working outside with people does really help.

While the sxs didn’t really left I felt more positive through the day and forgot about my most crazy intrusive thoughts.

Hello Buddies!

Went to work in full on DP/DR, anhedonia, full on anxiety this morning (I work as freelance so i’m part homebound, I work outside 3/4 days a month). I’ve barely slept since I was really anxious to go to work so I was also super tired/wired. But I must say that if you’re functional and not too sensitive to external triggers, working outside with people does really help.

While the sxs didn’t really left I felt more positive through the day and forgot about my most crazy intrusive thoughts.

That's great you were able to do that and come away with a good attitude.  Good job!!!  Mary  :smitten:

Finally sent in my submission to the Scottish Parliament Petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal.

Anyone from any country can send in their experience.

You can read other submissions here: http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651

You can send yours to petitions@parliament.scot

Up to three pages and use PE01651 in the email subject line.

Like WBB, Thurs. I was able to sit in the hair salon (normally anxiety producing) for two hours! woo hoo!!  :)

Oh I am so jealous  :D, I want to get my hair colored and highlighted  so bad but 2 hours in their chair is just too long for me.  I bet your hair looks fabulous  Mary :smitten:

Mary, looking at your awesome progress I bet you're back to the salon in no time! I'm a 'red' so I have to keep up - often I split the appts (like a benzo taper, lol) into cut and color appts.  Hang tough, highlights will come back to you!  :hug:

:hug::smitten:, that's a good idea though, I will be giving that some thought!!  Mary ☮️💜💟

Mary, looking at your awesome progress I bet you're back to the salon in no time! I'm a 'red' so I have to keep up - often I split the appts (like a benzo taper, lol) into cut and color appts.  Hang tough, highlights will come back to you!  :hug:

Well, a small success...

I got some work on the car done.. -Stuff I refuse to put it in the shop for.. (yes I have trust issues.. lol)

I struggled all day with motivation issues to get started, which is a long term "medicine" issue I have had...

I didnt finnish, but its close...

-looks like I will get practice, as there are plenty of other jobs to do yet...

:)

Julz, -That was great..!!

Very productive, rewarding and worthwhile..!!

Hi Mary, Your hair looks great that colour.. Very Madam Mim..!!

-and I hid your wand before I made that comment..!! -lest I go from turtle to toad...

Not exactly an accomplishment, but... last Saturday DH bought me a cookie.  Since I'm mainly off of sugar, I treated myself to a bite of cookie every day for a week  :angel:

Not exactly an accomplishment, but... last Saturday DH bought me a cookie.  Since I'm mainly off of sugar, I treated myself to a bite of cookie every day for a week  :angel:

That's so sweet of your husband!

Made an appetizer for a "friends-giving" party I went to today. I am not a cook and hate the kitchen so this was a huge deal for me! Recipe said it would take 35 minutes with prep. It took me 3 times that long. (In my defense, I made twice as many as the recipe calls for.) But they were delicious! And I didn't burn myself or anything!

Cranberry brie bites! Yum!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56610/cranberry-brie-bites-recipe/

Made an appetizer for a "friends-giving" party I went to today. I am not a cook and hate the kitchen so this was a huge deal for me! Recipe said it would take 35 minutes with prep. It took me 3 times that long. (In my defense, I made twice as many as the recipe calls for.) But they were delicious! And I didn't burn myself or anything!

Cranberry brie bites! Yum!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56610/cranberry-brie-bites-recipe/

Good job, I'm not much in the kitchen so when I do cook, if it's good, I want lots of compliments  :laugh:  so I wii give you a compliment.  Mary.  🍪🍮🎂

Physical therapy this morning, went really well, thinking it may be finally starting to untighten some of these hard muscles.  Giving me hope anyway, then ran to store.

Mary ☮️💜🙏