Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

I haven’t been around much but I’m getting out of the house like every day at this point. Hopefully it stays but things have definitely gotten easier.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go tommy566... Glad your feeling good enough to go out. I'm the opposite at the moment but thankful to be here today.

I’ve been going out of the house more often, too… Definitely every day. I’m still dizzy when I turn left or right quickly, my heart still pounds when I go from sitting down to standing up or squatting to standing up. I’m sure withdrawl gave me pots.but I’m Definitely in better shape than I was six months ago. Just letting everyone know I thought I was gonna die six months ago...

I actually am seeing gradual improvement even though I'm still very early. Heartrate normal (was 120 resting), BP normal (was 190/110), sleep is coming slowly. I'm so thankful for this site, I would have had no idea that so many people are going through the same thing as me ( and healing). Great topic!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys sorry for being a complete dickhead but I'm pretty much 97% healed at this point at month 18 at just got random twitches and tingling in my body but nothing compared to the first year. And slightly elevates anxiety.but it's nothing.I'm expecting to make full recovery by 6- 12 months from now. Moral of the story? Don't fuck with benzos.

Beans thanks for coming back around. That’s so great to hear man as you know we need to hear it and that hope.

Tommy566- Man your posts are a relief to a very troublesome mind. Why? You are the only signature that I have seen with Xanax XR. I was beginning to think that I was the only unlucky person to be put on such a damaging Benzo. So glad to see that you are recovering and that gives me hope. I am a couple of months behind you with some bumps in the road.

This site gives me hope that I am not going completely crazy, :idiot: That someday I will feel normal again...

• 1 month later...
Another kidney stone!! Unreal, it’s been hell but I’m still here. My back went out a couple weeks ago when I was starting to really get through days. Keep fighting the good fight it isn’t easy for victory is guaranteed with patience.

Kidney stones...oh, I have been there, too. I had a gastric bypass in 2003 for morbid obesity. One result of that surgery is a strong tendency to have kidney stones. I have had 3 or 4 so far. I passed all but one on my own. The very first one was "blasted". After that, I decided NOT to trust physicians so much and each time I had the symptoms (urine was reddish color) I just waited it out. I had no pain with mine, which is weird.

I have not read all of this thread, Tommy. Why are you prone to kidney stones???

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this. Just wanted to say hi.  I’ve been working, driving on my own - small distances, swimming, socializing, and where i used to think that everything was the end of the world I really don’t care about much these days-which is a good thing, I think. Just want to let everyone know that I’m about a year out and at this exact time last year I was pretty sure I was dying -  bedridden, houseridden, unable to function and in great pain.  I owe a lot to this site And the members, and I hope we all continue to get better.

• 5 weeks later...
Since quitting Klonopin, my insomnia is gone, my racing thoughts seemed to have lessened since July ended, and just recently, I've noticed my vision is getting a little bit better. Most of the pain in my body is gone. Basically all physical symptoms are gone.

Since quitting Klonopin, my insomnia is gone, my racing thoughts seemed to have lessened since July ended, and just recently, I've noticed my vision is getting a little bit better. Most of the pain in my body is gone. Basically all physical symptoms are gone.

That is so good to hear!!!!! I can't wait till these last 2 symptoms go away.

Waiting on shakes in brain and internal tremors to go away and also for my nervous system to get stronger.I am still sensitive to stress and exercise. Still trying to start driving on the highway again. I keep chickening out when I feel that anxiety in the pit of my stomach. I am able to drive BACK home when someone else drives me to the destination, just cannot drive from home TO the destination.

SO typical. Many people who take benzos do not realize how much they are affecting them...until they stop taking them. Over time, benzos cause a

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump. What’s up gang? Anyone “still a mess but a little better” ? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve improved in many ways but still struggle daily with derealization among others. If I could feel connected I’d be a happy camper.

I like this thread. I think it's important to pay attention to the little things we are able to do.

I am sleeping more regularly. One or two weeks out of the month are pretty bad but then two of the weeks are good. I'll take it.

I am feeling more positive and hopeful at times. A few windows of light through the clouds.

I feel like I am setting goals for myself which I haven't done in a very long while because I didn't know if I would survive this..or want to.

I can take on more amounts of stress which I couldn't even tolerate before.

I am studying for board exams which I couldn't do one month ago.

Good to hear Warrior.  You are making a lot of progress.  I am trying to figure out what my baseline is.  Before I c/t'd, I was in tolerance so that's not it.  I have been comparing how I feel to my acute stage.  In that case, I am at least 75%.....but then I am not when a wave hits...?  My waves are shorter and less intense this month.  Hope that continues and I expect it will.  I feel blessed to be as well as I am!  Keep on healing everybody. 

How's the studies going Warrior?  I still have some processing and memory issues.

Good to hear Warrior.  You are making a lot of progress.  I am trying to figure out what my baseline is.  Before I c/t'd, I was in tolerance so that's not it.  I have been comparing how I feel to my acute stage.  In that case, I am at least 75%.....but then I am not when a wave hits...?  My waves are shorter and less intense this month.  Hope that continues and I expect it will.  I feel blessed to be as well as I am!  Keep on healing everybody. 

How's the studies going Warrior?  I still have some processing and memory issues.

Some days I can go over the information quickly and I seem to absorb more. But then for the last week, I can't absorb anything and I keep staring at the pages. It makes me feel so dumb. I think I would be doing so much better if not for the Derealization I get. I hate it so much. But...this is a positive thread, right??  ;)

Sounds like you are making steady progress, Dove. That makes me so happy for you. Keep it up!

It's seems difficult to keep positive threads going.  Bumping.  Warrior,  The brain gaps have been concerning to me too.  I am not studying for exams but do a lot of reading and research on brain stuff.  I have to re-read..or even worse, forget that I read it in the first place.  It's brain farts all day long like this.  But...It is improving..or maybe I am getting better at compensating for my challenged memory!

There are days where this doesn't occur so ...I think these cognitive sxs will pass too.  Best to ya!