Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

Momof3

Oh yeah, that "teeth pain" thing...UGH! :-(

Mine has come and gone, off and on, and didn't hang on too long.  Something new all the time.

I'm not surprised about you having the teeth thing, since you've had the back of the head pain thing too...they seem to be linked.

this too shall pass! Hang on (and I will too!)

Yes the teeth thing is off and on but I have become overly aware of my teeth now (health anxiety) and nervous to have any work done to them.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom3

Would it be possible to get something part time to start? Not too demanding? It might actually be good for you to have the distraction - I find distracting is a big help to me. The more I sit around with too much time on my hands, the more time to think/worry.  I feel that sometimes things we have to force us to step up to do it. I'm thankful my level of symptoms now make it bearable for me to keep busy/work/etc even though there are bad times.

Mom3

Would it be possible to get something part time to start? Not too demanding? It might actually be good for you to have the distraction - I find distracting is a big help to me. The more I sit around with too much time on my hands, the more time to think/worry.  I feel that sometimes things we have to force us to step up to do it. I'm thankful my level of symptoms now make it bearable for me to keep busy/work/etc even though there are bad times.

That's what I was thinking.... I mean I could definitely try it. I just didn't want to send my body into shock or whatever you would call it. I can definitely tell I cant handle stress like I used too. So I know if I get a part time job it would have to be super laid back. Lol. I have been making myself get up and get out more and exposing myself to crowds of ppl to get over this fear that I developed for some reason. It's been working. Did you ever get dizziness or jittery when you went into a store or walked down a empty street?

[44...]

Mom3

That's what I was thinking.... I mean I could definitely try it. I just didn't want to send my body into shock or whatever you would call it. I can definitely tell I cant handle stress like I used too. So I know if I get a part time job it would have to be super laid back. Lol. I have been making myself get up and get out more and exposing myself to crowds of ppl to get over this fear that I developed for some reason. It's been working. Did you ever get dizziness or jittery when you went into a store or walked down a empty street?

Maybe consider a part-time volunteer position doing something you enjoy.  You could work out a schedule that works for you, and it might be a lot more mellow than taking on a 'real' job.

Mom3

Maybe consider a part-time volunteer position doing something you enjoy.  You could work out a schedule that works for you, and it might be a lot more mellow than taking on a 'real' job.

I'm going to check into that. Something light for now. Do you work?

[44...]

I'm going to check into that. Something light for now. Do you work?

I worked throughout.  Still do, although I'm very close to retirement.  I'm a research biochemist, so I work pretty independently (often by myself).  Easier to deal with chemicals, solvents and equipment than to deal with the public.  My boss was reasonably supportive.  I'd often drag in a little late and nobody cared (or even noticed probably).

Wow. I tried to work but didn't know what was happening to me. I see you're sig says your pretty much healed. Do you still feel that way?

[44...]

Wow. I tried to work but didn't know what was happening to me. I see you're sig says your pretty much healed. Do you still feel that way?

I'm fine.  I'm hoping all of you can say that soon.

Did you feel healed after 9 months?

I’m so worried that I haven’t seen any progress yet. I’ve been off for 9 months and I’m so much worse than I was in the beginning

15 months free today and I am still healing! Had a restless night sleep, I was sort of miserable when daylite came, but I made a choice not to be upset about the lack of sleep and as usual that made all the difference to my morning! Life has been stressful, but I have been managing pretty well and I am grateful for that, last year at this time I would have been so useless. This year I bailed a lot of water, moved under pressure (rains and a high water table made our road impassable) and found a new home. It is amazing to me that we really do heal from such a devastating injury. This is a great thread, thank you!

Love

[44...]

Did you feel healed after 9 months?

I’m so worried that I haven’t seen any progress yet. I’ve been off for 9 months and I’m so much worse than I was in the beginning

It doesn't work to compare rates or progress.  That just seems to add to anxiety/worry.  I was lucky in that I didn't have the fearful anxiety that keeps many people in their bedrooms.  Mine was more of a constant agitation anxiety, but without the fear.  I think it's easier to cope with annoyances and even pain than fear.  Seek and practice warmth/calm.  Seek and practice humor.  You'll get thru this.  :smitten:

15 months free today and I am still healing! Had a restless night sleep, I was sort of miserable when daylite came, but I made a choice not to be upset about the lack of sleep and as usual that made all the difference to my morning! Life has been stressful, but I have been managing pretty well and I am grateful for that, last year at this time I would have been so useless. This year I bailed a lot of water, moved under pressure (rains and a high water table made our road impassable) and found a new home. It is amazing to me that we really do heal from such a devastating injury. This is a great thread, thank you!

Love

Hey Lovewins!

Haven't seen you around for awhile!  I don't have anything to add to this thread as I'm a still a taperin'.... But wanted to pop in and say hey to you!

and anyone else but this thread is still outta my reach ....for now!

SS

Just put this on my buddy blog...

I just want to note that I had a full, almost 95% window last night after a pretty rough morning.  I could think clearly, laugh, talk easy, make decisions, and even be able to think of my intrusive/weird thoughts and see them for what they where, weird, and honestly laugh at them.  I felt confident, where normally the smallest tasks would give me fear, like watching my daughter, or going to work, or anything really.. while in this window.. nothing bothered me. 

I'm back to a bit of confusion, fear, head stuff today.. but that window gave me some hope. 

this was all after a rough morning of intrusive thoughts and confusion, then severe fatigue.. then the window

I just want to note that I had a full, almost 95% window last night after a pretty rough morning.  I could think clearly, laugh, talk easy, make decisions, and even be able to think of my intrusive/weird thoughts and see them for what they where, weird, and honestly laugh at them.  I felt confident, where normally the smallest tasks would give me fear, like watching my daughter, or going to work, or anything really.. while in this window.. nothing bothered me. 

I'm back to a bit of confusion, fear, head stuff today.. but that window gave me some hope. 

this was all after a rough morning of intrusive thoughts and confusion, then severe fatigue.. then the window

So glad you had such a wide open and wonderful window.... It's what's in store for all of us!

May it open again for you soon and stay open.

:)

SS

Way to go!!! So happy you got your window!!!! Praying you have many more to come

Mornings gs are so very hard. Early afternoon too. Head feels like it's wrapped in wet wool. Windows/feel better in the evening. To the point I don't want to go to bed sometimes because I wake up every morning with the reality that I am still in this nightmare and need to fight through until evening again.

I'm going through the whole morning being hard. Especially when I'm home alone. I slept pretty good last night after 2 nights of 2-3 hours of sleep. Did you get up and move around  this morning?

Yeah. I have to get up and work (from home). I haven't even turned the TV on yet and it's 1pm. It's starting to bother me more. I don't know why. I've gone for two walks. Paid the monthly bills. I should eat but nothing sounds good. My stomach is a huge knot from anxiety.

The joys of benzo wd. I haven't done anything today. Been really sleepy for some reason. I'm going to send you a PM

I’m In the best window I’ve had since Month 7. I woke up without this cast-over fear, anxiety. I can think clearly, tinnitus is low, head ache is low...everything is less. And I’m happy... I can talk to people and pay attention. It’s amazing. Things can turn in a minute, but I’ll take it.

I’m In the best window I’ve had since Month 7. I woke up without this cast-over fear, anxiety. I can think clearly, tinnitus is low, head ache is low...everything is less. And I’m happy... I can talk to people and pay attention. It’s amazing. Things can turn in a minute, but I’ll take it.

All this when not even a week ago I had constant intrusive suicidal thoughts and black depression, life sucking fatigue, screaming tinnitus etc, crying fits....

Hold on tight. Things can change in a hurry. Hopefully this lifts yiu all up a bit and gives hope.

All this when not even a week ago I had constant intrusive suicidal thoughts and black depression, life sucking fatigue, screaming tinnitus etc, crying fits....

Hold on tight. Things can change in a hurry. Hopefully this lifts yiu all up a bit and gives hope.

Yes thank you! I am also a type 1 diabetic. On an insulin pump. I've been meaning to say hello when I read your signature but haven't seen a good opening. I guess this is one so HELLO!  :)

Way to go T1D!!!!! That sounds amazing!!!!! I haven't had any let up/ window since week 3. Still the same symptoms just not as intense (fear, anxiety, head pressure/tension, shortness of breath feeling, slight tremor, muscle pain here and there)

:thumbsup: type 1 I assume? I'm coming up on 31 years.. doing okay.  I have the omnipod/dexcom 5.  PM me if you'd like... Diabetes is challenging by itself, nevermind with this WD monster on top of it.

Yes thank you! I am also a type 1 diabetic. On an insulin pump. I've been meaning to say hello when I read your signature but haven't seen a good opening. I guess this is one so HELLO!  :)