Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

[b4...]

Having a very good day symptoms wise...

Went to the gym and burned 800 calories on the elliptical in a hour.

Went in the sauna for 15 minutes after to sweat it out.

Went after to organic food place for lunch and had fresh greens juice blend and açaí bowl.

Best day in awhile all said and done....still a long way to go but here’s to healing  :thumbsup:

PS: Let’s try to just keep this thread to the victories no matter how small. We all need each other because we all know the brutal reality when symptoms ramp up.

latest?cb=20160313182405

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day at the gym!! Kinda down after but was real good during. I think the exercise really helps,our state of mind. Hopefully this is a pattern.

PS: I wish I could put up pics, that’s cool Bads!

Another day at the gym!! Kinda down after but was real good during. I think the exercise really helps,our state of mind. Hopefully this is a pattern.

PS: I wish I could put up pics, that’s cool Bads!

Hi Tommy,

I will be 6 months into my withdrawal tomorrow. I am still struggling as much as ever, have you noticed any changing in your symptoms at 6 months?

Just a quick note. I just got back from the ER. They found a kidney stone which explains the pain. Funny thing was I could barely talk but all I said was "No Benzos" over and over again until I settled. At first I thought this was WD kicking in but this time I can't blame it. There's no way I would have made it through this a month ago. I think it's important that we log our short term success on the forum so it's not always so doom and gloom. So with that said.... who's healing???

Wow. You passed a kidney stone DURING benzo wd without taking an offered benzo? Very impressive and i hope you keep the same determination through oit your wds duration.

Hellbutrin,

I felt better yesterday and for a small window today but if you asked me 4 days ago I would have said I was worse off than I’d ever been. Symptoms have changed yet they still get as debilitating as ever.

Windwalker,

Yes the kidney stone was a horror show but I just had to somehow get through it. I was in so much pain I was hyperventilating but I made sure to tell them no pills for pain. This is hell and the kidney stone made it a realistic nightmare but I figured if I wasn’t going to die I’d be better for it in the long run. I was so helpless and disgusting looking I remember telling myself as I got moved in a wheelchair “this is setting up for the biggest comeback ever!”

Keep sleeping on us benzo Warriors, we’re coming back better than ever!!!  :thumbsup::tickedoff:

Hellbitrin - try going w out the fish oil and magnesium for a few days and see if you're worse or better.

While they're both great supplements you just never know...

I made it back to the gym after a couple days off which is a win. Usually if I made it to the gym for a day or two I wouldn’t be back for a couple weeks/month. Hopefully this means I have my good to bad day ratio is getting better. I didn’t feel great but I pushed myself out and obviously the exercise definitely makes us feel better.

Once again about an hour on the elliptical and 20 min sauna.

Drove to fresh juice store earlier in day for green juice and açaí bowl. (Wish I had $ to buy more)

Driving was easier and less stressful than it has been.

I think I’m feeling about as functional as I was the first couple months rather than the “sophomore slump” wave that hit months 4-6.

It feels good to participate in life even though limited without a benzo in my body... hold tight gang let’s keep making our way to the finish line 🏁 together!!!

I made it back to the gym after a couple days off which is a win. Usually if I made it to the gym for a day or two I wouldn’t be back for a couple weeks/month. Hopefully this means I have my good to bad day ratio is getting better. I didn’t feel great but I pushed myself out and obviously the exercise definitely makes us feel better.

Once again about an hour on the elliptical and 20 min sauna.

Drove to fresh juice store earlier in day for green juice and açaí bowl. (Wish I had $ to buy more)

Driving was easier and less stressful than it has been.

I think I’m feeling about as functional as I was the first couple months rather than the “sophomore slump” wave that hit months 4-6.

It feels good to participate in life even though limited without a benzo in my body... hold tight gang let’s keep making our way to the finish line 🏁 together!!!

Hi Tommy,

That is so encouraging to hear your report of how much better you feel now compared to where only a few months ago. Keep up the good fight!

I think some of my  depression has lifted. While I was in the shower tonight I realized that I'm actually looking forward to somethings  instead of dwelling on everything that is bad.  The depression has been gone for about a week. I hope it stays away!

Cali that’s great to hear! Sometimes it takes awhile to even realize we’re feeling a bit better. Just keep putting more days together because you’re on your way.

I had another successful day as I was able to get out of the house to the gym for the second day in a row and kind of just enjoy some sunshine even in this cold weather. I’m hoping to be able to keep it up tomorrow even though I’ll probably just walk for exercise because I’m pretty sore from back to back days.

Looking forward to hearing positive trends from everybody  :thumbsup:

This site helped me a lot, happy to say that I'm recovering very well.  I just finished my 4th week of no Klonapin, and feeling much, much better. 

Also, I'm almost finished with my taper from a very short stint of taking Lexapro, in a few days I'll be done with it, which will have been a total of six weeks including taper, for the Lex. 

Thanks so much for the support and help, I would not have realized how fast dependence can set in with K, my use was relatively short, but increasing, and the posts and reply's on this site gave me the wake-up call to quit before it became much worse. 

Hi All,

It's now 3.5 months of no benzos. I would say that 30% of that time I've been in a window and the rest of the time in a wave. I have had some long windows but this last wave is lasting a week and it's pretty discouraging. I'm still taking 150mg Effexor and 100mg Trazodone. I've been going up and down on the Trazodone as I want to remove it but I start feeling more depression and anxiety. Two days ago I went from 75mg to 100mg and today my anxiety spiked. I actually took 200mg of Gabapentin but it didn't help my anxiety.

Last Saturday I felt pretty good. Had a quarter glass of wine and some sweets at dinner. On Sunday I was awful and that's when my wave started. But honestly, I don't know if it's my AD's, benzo withdrawal, the alcohol and sweets, or just the fact that i'm an anxious person?

Gym for the 3rd straight day as it seems my baseline has definitely bumped up after getting way worse months 4-6.

That sounds great, good job!  But listen to your body, adjust exercise if need be, you know your body best.  Very happy for you.

This entire forum is a godsend. Glad you're feeling better :)

quote author=Zeph link=topic=188735.msg2560848#msg2560848 date=1516910134]

This site helped me a lot, happy to say that I'm recovering very well.  I just finished my 4th week of no Klonapin, and feeling much, much better. 

Also, I'm almost finished with my taper from a very short stint of taking Lexapro, in a few days I'll be done with it, which will have been a total of six weeks including taper, for the Lex. 

Thanks so much for the support and help, I would not have realized how fast dependence can set in with K, my use was relatively short, but increasing, and the posts and reply's on this site gave me the wake-up call to quit before it became much worse.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just passed 20 months off and I can feel it. I'm not lying in bed as much, I am wanting to go out and do errands and get things done, and my tingling is reduced to incidental. My stomach plummets are only lasting a minute or two. The main problems are aging and cog fog, and we'll have to see what's nromal and what's not.

Everyone getting off these drugs is like James Bond and Spider Man combined. It's very hard and seems forever but it's not. You're just doing something most people could never imagine having to do.

Hello all! Im on my first ever CT in 5days past. I noticed that the more i read these kind a forums the more i find good advice AND sometimes frieghtening data about dangers like ct all in one lol. Even writing to here makes my mind to an ease its kind of joyful... Spreading my thoughs out feels good really so don't be upseat if i write bullshit plz  :angel: So things getting lil better but i made mistake yesterday party had few beers made me pull back from kinda weird tranq state of healing but the night is off!! i slept arounde 2 hours! And i'm ready to fight :) (again) soooo maybe tips bout when gonna be things go back to normal? 2 or 3 weeks maybe? Thanks guys for reading

Hello all! Im on my first ever CT in 5days past. I noticed that the more i read these kind a forums the more i find good advice AND sometimes frieghtening data about dangers like ct all in one lol. Even writing to here makes my mind to an ease its kind of joyful... Spreading my thoughs out feels good really so don't be upseat if i write bullshit plz  :angel: So things getting lil better but i made mistake yesterday party had few beers made me pull back from kinda weird tranq state of healing but the night is off!! i slept arounde 2 hours! And i'm ready to fight :) (again) soooo maybe tips bout when gonna be things go back to normal? 2 or 3 weeks maybe? Thanks guys for reading

Good luck drtre. No telling how long it will take. But yea avoid alcohol, it will make you feel worse. And caffeine. I failed my first CT, you've already made it further than I did! But you will learn a lot about what's happening to you here if you read around enough.

Good luck drtre. No telling how long it will take. But yea avoid alcohol, it will make you feel worse. And caffeine. I failed my first CT, you've already made it further than I did! But you will learn a lot about what's happening to you here if you read around enough.

HI Sicory,

Do you think that it's common to be 7 and half months into withdrawal and still not feel any fluctuation in symptoms? I'm getting scared that I may have permanently damaged myself with my C/T from Wellbutrin

Hello all,

Wanted to give everyone an update as it will answer some of the recent questions I read.

I C/T'd back on August 29th after 17 years on Valium, Lorazapam and Clonazapam. Valium was started last year to help me withdrawal from Lorazapam. During my last two years on Benzos, I became really sensitive and was suffering every day. I tried to taper but it just prolonged the suffering. Since being off it has not been easy but I would say it's 50% better. I have had some good windows. One that lasted a month. I have also had some bad waves. Overall I am now having more better days and less bad days. For example last week from Tuesday to Saturday I felt pretty good. I've been fighting a bit of a cold and yesterday it developed into a flu and this put me into a wave which is still continuing today.

So it's been six and half month for me and there's no question that I'm so much better and still healing. My mornings are better, my days are better and so are my evenings. I'm starting to get the courage to travel again and I've booked a few trips already.

I'm having a cruddy day today and it doesn't feel good but I know it will pass. For most of 2016 and 2017 I felt cruddy every day and I believed it was never going to get better. There's the difference. My advise, and I know everyone's different, but I would tell you get off benzos, never reinstate and slowly you will heal. Oh, and keep yourself busy, do something that gives you pleasure. I'm sure staying home today just made my anxiety worse. I will try to get back to work tomorrow.

God bless you all.

Thanks mate! A little update and experience to u and all;

I noticed that almost every gabergic supplement like valerian, kava, phenibut etc. will actually worse symptoms in the long run. Like when their effect wore off my paranoia and anxiety comes back even stronger. Avoid these except in the first days where maybe those help u even go batshit crazy. Same goes whith multivitamins and etc. avoid these too cos maybe ur body reacts them bad when on w/d. I found that exercising like looong meditative tempo walkings are vers helpful. Last night by the way i had my first sleep with diphenhydramine (150mg) It was great and i don't feel down.

Congrats, Paul!!! Great news.

I would say I feel better for the most part when I'm too busy to think about how crummy I feel :)

Thanks for keeping us updated!