Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

I, too, like this thread. We all have so much in common and yet we are all so different. Anyone who has gone through benzo wd and survived it is a strong person. The waiting, the waiting, the praying for improvements, the counting the minutes in order to get through another hour...…..this takes guts and determination.

Brain gaps  are just normal for us until we do heal. I used to feel so spacey, so unconnected to anything. I am still amazed I did not reinstate. I am also so glad I did not. Not feeling normal and feeling SO disconnected from normal things is truly unbearable. But we do get through this, with a little help from our friends on BB.

Stick with it, guys., Its worth the wait.

east

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Still on Benzos, but crashing this thread anyway. Trying to taper, but feeling worse now than I did back when I tried to C/T. I am 99% sure the meds do more harm than good. I made it 2 months off and only reinstated because I tried smoking some weed during a wave and panicked, so next time... no weed, and no alcohol (had some setbacks from that, too). I have an appointment with my NP on Monday, and I think I am going to have her fill out my medical leave forms, take the rest of the year off and just be done with this junk. I am so done with this poison.

It seems like gabapentin is helpful for a lot of people? I might ask my NP for a script, but can't decide if I want to muscle through without. Should probably mention that I take 20mg of propranolol a day as well, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyway, a lot of these posts are encouraging.

Crash away Hearsay!!  It's been a couple months since I posted here.  October was a little rough with a longer wave than usual.  Nov didn't start too well either but sxs are leveling off again.  Feel good the past week.  Right when I think I can take my seat belt off, the road gets all curvy and full of pot holes.  SXS are so much more manageable.  I am super grateful for this.

We sill support you Hearsay, no matter what you and your doc decide is the best route for you.

Just checking in here. I jumped on 6/16 so I have over 3 years. I have had a lot of stuff to deal with, so I am just getting around to tapering off the other drugs I am on.

I just finished a month at 3 mg remeron and start a month at 2 mg tomorrow. I'm on a schedule and I'm going to keep it as far as I am able.

Next on the list is the Gabapentin.

I'm glad to be off benzos but it's hard to tell anymore when I am on 3 other drugs and have to deal with them too, just where the anxiety comes from.