getting off the Diazepam

[Ol...]

Keryn,

Darn, got a new laptop and I wrote you a long reply which vanished somewhere.  I have to get ready for school.  Our professor will be there early and I have some questions and I just finally got the energy to run again on the treadmill for 45 min. straight.  Quick answers now, diazepam is not as sedating anymore but I got off most of it in a couple months.  I will only have the evening to contend with.  I have to take a bunch of math I took when I got my BA because my new school doesn't count it for some reason like they want 2500 bucks for 3 algebra classes and stats class.  Will you be my tutor??  lolol.    I always wanted to be a nurse but I had a BA and a good job so I just stayed doing it and my husband said take the time off and do what you really, really want to do or I don't think I could swing it.  We live fine without my check, just a smaller savings and one less vacation per year but when I am done, it will be worth it.  My mom is very ill and watching those nurses in ICU really put it into perspective for me.  I finally know what I want.  The test today is going to be killer but I got an A on another test yesterday.  I only get A's until today, it won't be one.  Oh, well.  I will write about my CBT tomorrow afternoon afternoon.  Have a great day.

Oleander

Sure, I'll be your Tutor lol.

Sounds like you have everything under control for the post part.

I'm sorry about your mother being ill.

Keep the A's coming and have a nice day.

Keryn.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ol...]

• [Pa...]

• [ro...]

• [as...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Keryn,

The CBT/biofeedback appt went okay.  They ask you questions your first 3 times and give you a statement of your problem and best course of action and you can stay there or you can have it and bring it where you want.  I am seeing Licensed psych, Ken.  I like him.  He is really soft spoken.  He asked me a lot of questions about my sleep and Benzos and then he gave me homework for the next week.  These breathing exercises.  He has all this stuff typed out.  "slow and low" is his motto.  He brings in psych, physiology, biology, spirituality all together.  I think he has some good ideas but I seem like the type that can walk all over him. 

I am happy I was easily able to go down 7 mg of diazepam this week so I am just left with my 20 mg at bedtime.  Now that is what we are going to work on me getting off of.  So I guess I learned to breath.  I'm not supposed to do it the "right" way while thinking about it but that is kind of hard.  Guess it's why it's homework.  I hope this guy works out.  But if not there are others that work there or I can go somewhere else.

Oleander

Hi Keryn,

The CBT/biofeedback appt went okay.  They ask you questions your first 3 times and give you a statement of your problem and best course of action and you can stay there or you can have it and bring it where you want.  I am seeing Licensed psych, Ken.  I like him.  He is really soft spoken.  He asked me a lot of questions about my sleep and Benzos and then he gave me homework for the next week.  These breathing exercises.  He has all this stuff typed out.  "slow and low" is his motto.  He brings in psych, physiology, biology, spirituality all together.  I think he has some good ideas but I seem like the type that can walk all over him. 

I am happy I was easily able to go down 7 mg of diazepam this week so I am just left with my 20 mg at bedtime.  Now that is what we are going to work on me getting off of.  So I guess I learned to breath.  I'm not supposed to do it the "right" way while thinking about it but that is kind of hard.  Guess it's why it's homework.  I hope this guy works out.  But if not there are others that work there or I can go somewhere else.

Oleander

Thanks for the update; and I may try it myself.

Keryn.

Wow, you're at 20 mgs now, only at night?  I'm glad you're working with someone, but it sounds like your will and your head will probably get in the way.  I'm sure you'll take on board whatever you feel is beneficial and leave the rest.  :thumbsup:

Pamster,

Yeah, I only took all the benzos at night until I started this Ashton type of thing.  I only took them for sleep.  I am good during the day.  I sleep okay but sometimes takes me a long time.  Hopefully this CBT and biofeedback psych will help me out.  Just working on breathing right now but if he doesn't I have to find someone.  It has been so hard school at night and mornings and studying the opposite.  It will only get harder.  I was just going to find a job where I didn't have to use my brain much but thought that would only last so long.  lol.  I have lived without sleep and I have a whole drawer full of drugs and don't take any, no matter if it's 2 am and I am awake.  I take my 20 mg and that's all I get.  Lots less than the 3 K and the 2 Xanax that I started with at night 3 months ago.  Glad I don't have side effects but the last 20 mg I am taking down slow.  I just have to be done before February.

I am off for a few days.  I have an infection in my right cornea and my eye is stinging, watering, and lots of antibiotic drops going in it so going to take a couple days off until the eye is better.  It could have been worse.  I might get Lasix when this is all over.  I want to try the one where you can see close on one eye  and far on the other.  Need to research a bunch more but have too much else to research when this clears up.  If anyone has any info on that, please let me know.  Just started researching so not enough info yet.

Thanks buddies,

Oleander

Oleander,

You are making good progress..I'm sorry to hear about your infection. I had a Pink eye once, had to use this gel stuff, it got rid of it, but it itched..I could have clawed my eyes out, it was so bad.

I am currently looking for a therapist too, just to talk about things, I have a disorder, no it's real too..I can attest to that, was not mis-diagnosed, it takes many years of therapy in order to get to the bottom of what I have. I hate living with it, but I have no choice but too until I learn to cope. I'm not going to say what it is, it scares many ppl, but I'm doing ok at the time (somewhat.) ya know.

I had sessions of hypnosis before, it wasn't fun, also some CBT sessions in the past..It works, but in w/d I don't know if it does or not..maybe to some extent?

I hope your eye heals up; and I'm also thinking about school again, Math is what I'm good at.

Keryn.

Hi Keryn,

Yeah, can't see very well.  I have a class tomorrow but hubby is working from home and will drive me.  Good thing since these drops are brown and hard to see through and driving is a little scary.  Should be my last day.  I have an appt on Thursday morning.  I am holding my dosage at 20 mg at night for another week.  I am sure the CBT stuff works but I haven't had time to practice my breathing exercises.  I think I am going to give myself 2 weeks and see him again next week Friday.  I have been going down so quick.  I agree, CBT might not work with w/d sx.  I am lucky not to have any but that could change as I go down the last 20 mg diazepam.

What is the disorder you have?  Anxiety?  I only had panic attacks when I was put on a ton of benzos.  Those are scary.  I haven't had one since I decided to c/o and get off of these horrible things.  I can't do self hypnosis really.  I laugh too much.  lol.  Thanks for the hope on the eye.  I am hoping it will be better by the weekend.  I want my contacts back in.  I can't stand no peripheral vision and I can't keep changing my glasses for reading glasses.  The worst part is my doc said no more sleeping in them so need to get up earlier on my day classes.  lol  I guess I will get used to it but I have been wearing contacts since I was a teenager and I like having vision all over.  I am lucky it wasn't worse.  I used to get pink eye every year. (conjunctivitis) I hated it because it meant one week no contacts.  lol.  It's not being vain, it is really the eye sight.  I don't wear eye make up because my eyesight it the most important thing to me.  I am really thinking of Lasik Monovision.  I'm just not sure how good the reading would be with the sight far away.  I have a lot of research to do first.

I have had a bunch of psychologists and they all were horrible.  BUT I tested them all.  This guy, so far, has passed my tests.  I like to see if I am able to "take over the show."  If I can run it, why do I need him??  This guy can get me back on track pretty quick.  THAT is hard to do.  Good luck on finding someone good.  I usually pick a PhD but even social workers can be good.  I just like more degrees but that is just me, it doesn't mean they are better.  Let me know how it goes and I will keep you up to date.

Oleander

Orleander,

I would keep thinking positive, hopefully you won't have any Benzo w/d.

The disorder I have, well it goes back before Benzos or anything, ya panic is one of them.

You speak of vision, I have bad Astigmatism and Nearsighted, can't see faraway. I can't wear contacts at this time..

It wouldn't do over too well.

Sounds like you have a good psychologist, the CBT, I would still work with.

Keryn.

sorry can't see well right now but wanted to say they have a new thing called LASIX MONOVISION.  I can't see far or close.  It is also for astigmatism.  Some insurance pays for it.  Fixes it all, no reading glasses.  my insurance doesn't pay for it and it's pretty expensive.  I have to pay 60 thousand for my last 2 years of school so I have to wait till that is paid off but hopefully we are going to do that quick.  I want to research more. 

Those panic attacks suck.  I only had them on the benzos but thank God they are gone.  Now I just have to get off the rest of the diazepam.  Going slower for the night time stuff.  Maybe 1 mg every other week.  I am chicken of the night time ones.  lol.  So glad to have my mind back for the day time and morning time.  I really needed it back.

I think the CBT guy is good.  But time will tell.  I will talk to you later when my eye isn't watering down my face.  It is so annoying to see if I spelled everything right so I am sorry if I didn't.

Oleander

Those panic attacks suck.  I only had them on the benzos but thank God they are gone.  Now I just have to get off the rest of the diazepam.

Diazepam is a Benzo.

I know it don't seem like it compared to Klonopin, Ativan or Xanax, but it is, just longer lasting.

I will be glad to get off this stuff..I have no use for them anymore.

Keryn.

Those panic attacks suck.  I only had them on the benzos but thank God they are gone.  Now I just have to get off the rest of the diazepam.

Diazepam is a Benzo.

I know it don't seem like it compared to Klonopin, Ativan or Xanax, but it is, just longer lasting.

Keryn.

sorry, wrote that wrong.  know diazepam is benzo.  meant never had panic attack until I went on first benzo.  was put on for sleep disorder for years.  Haven't had a panic attack since I got off of 4/5 of my benzos.  But they are scary.  good to know you can just relax and breathe instead of popping a pill.  lol.  Getting ready for eye dr. hope I can see better later today with contacts and no more antibiotic drops.

O

Diazepam is a Benzo.

Keryn.

sorry, wrote that wrong.  know diazepam is benzo.  meant never had panic attack until I went on first benzo.  was put on for sleep disorder for years.  Haven't had a panic attack since I got off of 4/5 of my benzos.  But they are scary.  good to know you can just relax and breathe instead of popping a pill.  lol.  Getting ready for eye dr. hope I can see better later today with contacts and no more antibiotic drops.

O

I see what you're saying now.. oh the eye doc, I wear glasses most of the time, bad bad Astigmatism.

Keryn.

PS- G'luck at the Optometrist.

Before you try monovision surgically, you might want to try it with contacts or glasses.  I did, it drove me nuts!  My brain couldn't seem to adjust to it and boy did it make me cranky!

yeah, Pam, they have to do a battery of tests to even see if my eyes will take it and they make you wear the contacts.  I have to wait until after nursing school so now we are talking 2 more years.  That's fine, maybe they will be better.  I like the doc but I might go somewhere downtown to see if I can find the BEST since I have to pay out of pocket..  our insurance sux.  lol.  I feel good but I am going another week with the 20 mg of diazepam.  I am scared of lowering the night time one plus i haven't had a chance to work on my new breathing exercises.  Too busy with cornea problem.  Will still be on antibiotics in the eye through Sunday.  I have a scar from the infection on the cornea but luckily not in my field of vision.  Got lucky.  But can't sleep in my contacts again.  If the infection was in the middle of cornea, I would see blurry and they can't do anything about it.  So I will do as doctor ordered.

Keryn,

yeah, my dad has a bad astigmatism.  He wears trifocals.  I want to stay away from bifocals at 41 if I can.  I love the contacts.  I will just get used to putting them in and taking them out EVERY day.  I guess it gets easier.  I really didn't take care of my eyes.  My fault.  After 20 years in them, no problem until now.

Oleander

Keryn,

Have you ever worn contacts?  I think they have them for Astigmatism now.  I have worn contacts and glasses and the glasses just annoy be because I lose half my sight because you don't have any peripheral vision.  I'm already annoyed with the reading glasses I have to wear.  They are a light prescription but sometimes I have to read so much everyday that I have to wear them.  My eye doctor said I don't really need them but he doesn't know the amount of reading I have to do so I just got some 1.00 and 1.25s.  They make it a little easier. 

I have been much better at taking out and putting in my contacts everyday.  I thought that would be a pain but losing my sight due to a damaged cornea scared the heck out of me so it got much easier much faster.  lol.  'All he had to do was scare me so I would think I couldn't be a nurse.  He just used words like Petri dish and stuff and freaked me out.  I do have a scar on my cornea for life but lucky it didn't ruin my vision.  I got lucky but not taking the chance of sleeping in them.  I just put my glasses on before bed and then put my contacts back on in the morning.  It's getting easier.  I used to leave them in so long.  Bad idea but I got lucky. 

I'm sticking with just night time 20 mg of diazepam right now.  Sometimes it takes 2 hours to fall asleep but I'm surprised it works at all with all that I was on in the beginning of the summer.  I am thinking of taking away 10% next week Friday but going to think about it.  I want a lot more gone before the end of the year but not going as fast as I did in the summer because my schedule it harder right now.  How are you doing with the cutting down??

Oleander

Keryn,

Have you ever worn contacts?  I think they have them for Astigmatism now.  I have worn contacts and glasses and the glasses just annoy be because I lose half my sight because you don't have any peripheral vision.  I'm already annoyed with the reading glasses I have to wear.  They are a light prescription but sometimes I have to read so much everyday that I have to wear them.  My eye doctor said I don't really need them but he doesn't know the amount of reading I have to do so I just got some 1.00 and 1.25s.  They make it a little easier. 

I have been much better at taking out and putting in my contacts everyday.  I thought that would be a pain but losing my sight due to a damaged cornea scared the heck out of me so it got much easier much faster.  lol.  'All he had to do was scare me so I would think I couldn't be a nurse.  He just used words like Petri dish and stuff and freaked me out.  I do have a scar on my cornea for life but lucky it didn't ruin my vision.  I got lucky but not taking the chance of sleeping in them.  I just put my glasses on before bed and then put my contacts back on in the morning.  It's getting easier.  I used to leave them in so long.  Bad idea but I got lucky. 

I'm sticking with just night time 20 mg of diazepam right now.  Sometimes it takes 2 hours to fall asleep but I'm surprised it works at all with all that I was on in the beginning of the summer.  I am thinking of taking away 10% next week Friday but going to think about it.  I want a lot more gone before the end of the year but not going as fast as I did in the summer because my schedule it harder right now.  How are you doing with the cutting down??

Oleander

I have tried contacts, not for me really. My glasses look like coke bottles, they are thick..

I don't see how you are cutting so quickly..Yes! considering what you were on, but hey you're makin' progress, all that matters..and feeling ok.

My sleep, I have to wait sometimes late late in the night to fall over.. I understand.. lol ya know the longest anyone has ever went without sleep was 11 days.. I couldn't imagine.

Keryn.

PS- what kind of nurse?

I worked as a CNA for a long time, not a nurse, but an assistant.. ya know what that is lol..I wanted to become a Doctor at one time, not anymore. Think I'll go for Mathematics, Engineering.

Keryn,

I actually took a nap today so my sleep is so off today.  lol.  I working on finishing my BSN.  I have a BA but it's worth nothing really for this science degree.  I stayed away from all the anatomy and and chemistry and junk.  I am actually still waiting for my acceptance letter from the school 'I am transferring to.  They accepted me last year but I said no because it's really expensive so I had to go to my community college and pick up the science there, cheaper.  Since I had the summer off I had no choice but to go down on the benzos quick.  I am just so lucky that I didn't have any s/x, really.  The last 20 mg I take at bedtime and I can go slower and still be off by the time I start the new school.  That's my plan.  I didn't really think I could get down this low with how much I was on in one summer but I am stubborn.  lol.  If I had s/x, I was going to have to deal.  I really thought I would after a c/t 4 day but the c/o really worked well for me and I tweaked it a bit.  I did what I felt which was what Ashton said to do.  I could still have s/x but I will hold as long as I have to so I can get through this rough period of time.  I have a friend that is a PCT.  She's been that for 25 years.  She just got days here.  I have another friend that is a CNA, probably about the same amount of time.  She does a lot of training.  But both really love their jobs.  I decided not to take it when I decided to switch schools.  They don't ask you to take it and I am paying enough taking all the other ones, including classes I already took because they make sure it's not EXACTLY the same so they can make me pay for it again.  I am just doing it because I have a pretty good chance of a job with the BSN and I already dd so much. 

It is so hard to do this when I don't know if I will get s/x.  I have gone about 3 nights with no sleep in the past but 11 is scary.  lol.  Hope I don't get that.  I get a fever after 3 days.  Plus not too fun to be around.  Luckily my hubby is 100% on my side and really, really gets it and has gone to my doc with me.  I got lucky because in the beginning with the 4 day c/t he freaked out a bit until we learned that can't be done easily.  I found I can do pretty fast with the c/o but without, wasn't doing well doing it fast and for sure not with the c/t.  That was really scary.  Don't want to live through that again.

Well, better try to get to sleep.  Glad I can sleep in tomorrow.  But then I try not to ever nap and keep a schedule.  The CBT seems to be going okay but haven't learned too much new yet.  Seems to be slow.

Take care,

Oleander

Keryn,

I actually took a nap today so my sleep is so off today.  lol.   I working on finishing my BSN.  I have a BA but it's worth nothing really for this science degree.  I stayed away from all the anatomy and and chemistry and junk.  I am actually still waiting for my acceptance letter from the school 'I am transferring to.  They accepted me last year but I said no because it's really expensive so I had to go to my community college and pick up the science there, cheaper.  Since I had the summer off I had no choice but to go down on the benzos quick.  I am just so lucky that I didn't have any s/x, really.  The last 20 mg I take at bedtime and I can go slower and still be off by the time I start the new school.  That's my plan.  I didn't really think I could get down this low with how much I was on in one summer but I am stubborn.  lol.  If I had s/x, I was going to have to deal.  I really thought I would after a c/t 4 day but the c/o really worked well for me and I tweaked it a bit.  I did what I felt which was what Ashton said to do.  I could still have s/x but I will hold as long as I have to so I can get through this rough period of time.  I have a friend that is a PCT.  She's been that for 25 years.  She just got days here.  I have another friend that is a CNA, probably about the same amount of time.  She does a lot of training.  But both really love their jobs.  I decided not to take it when I decided to switch schools.  They don't ask you to take it and I am paying enough taking all the other ones, including classes I already took because they make sure it's not EXACTLY the same so they can make me pay for it again.  I am just doing it because I have a pretty good chance of a job with the BSN and I already dd so much. 

It is so hard to do this when I don't know if I will get s/x.  I have gone about 3 nights with no sleep in the past but 11 is scary.  lol.  Hope I don't get that.  I get a fever after 3 days.  Plus not too fun to be around.  Luckily my hubby is 100% on my side and really, really gets it and has gone to my doc with me.  I got lucky because in the beginning with the 4 day c/t he freaked out a bit until we learned that can't be done easily.  I found I can do pretty fast with the c/o but without, wasn't doing well doing it fast and for sure not with the c/t.  That was really scary.  Don't want to live through that again.

Well, better try to get to sleep.  Glad I can sleep in tomorrow.  But then I try not to ever nap and keep a schedule.  The CBT seems to be going okay but haven't learned too much new yet.  Seems to be slow.

Take care,

Oleander

Oleander, I have a question..

Does the Valium sedate you, make you tired?

I'm glad the CBT is doing well for you, I may try this later on..I wrked as a CNA back in 98,99 and 2000..some in 2001.

Keryn.

Keryn,

Yes, it can be sedating.  Using generic diazepam but was also c/o and tapering the K at the same time.  I was lucky to have the couple months to have a rest while doing it.  Lots of naps and not working out wasn't good for me physically but I bought myself a new treadmill and try to run on it everyday now that I don't take too much diazepam.  The 2 mg of Xanax and the 3 mg of Klonopin per Ashton method equals 100 mg of valium.  I just blew that off and started with 60 mg at the end of May or early June so I could get down quicker.  It might not seem fast but I just looked at others here and it seemed a little fast so it scared me that I would get some s/x.  I still could but everyone is different.

So you have your CNA and now are going to get a bachelor's or you have one in Engineering or Mathematics?  I can't remember if you told me.  My roommate in college had a degree in math when I was in my 20s.  She was going to be a doctor but didn't do so awesome on the MCAT.  She has her PhD in physical therapy, I guess she loves it.  There are so many jobs out there, even with the economy being so horrible, in health care.  It's moving so fast because of the baby boomers getting up there in age and the new technology.  I just hope I get a job I like after I graduate.  I have a few friends working in hospitals I like so I won't just be a number.  That might help me.

The diazepam doesn't make me as sleepy but the breathing exercises from the biofeedback/CBT is helping a bit.  I am holding at 20 mg at night until Friday.  Then go down 2 mg to 18 mg.  I will lose some sleep I am sure but hopefully that will be the only bad part.  I don't want to feel like I did for 4 days of c/t on my max dosage.  THAT was scary. 

Take care.

Oleander

Keryn,

Yes, it can be sedating.  Using generic diazepam but was also c/o and tapering the K at the same time.  I was lucky to have the couple months to have a rest while doing it.  Lots of naps and not working out wasn't good for me physically but I bought myself a new treadmill and try to run on it everyday now that I don't take too much diazepam.  The 2 mg of Xanax and the 3 mg of Klonopin per Ashton method equals 100 mg of valium.  I just blew that off and started with 60 mg at the end of May or early June so I could get down quicker.  It might not seem fast but I just looked at others here and it seemed a little fast so it scared me that I would get some s/x.  I still could but everyone is different.

So you have your CNA and now are going to get a bachelor's or you have one in Engineering or Mathematics?  I can't remember if you told me.  My roommate in college had a degree in math when I was in my 20s.  She was going to be a doctor but didn't do so awesome on the MCAT.  She has her PhD in physical therapy, I guess she loves it.  There are so many jobs out there, even with the economy being so horrible, in health care.  It's moving so fast because of the baby boomers getting up there in age and the new technology.  I just hope I get a job I like after I graduate.  I have a few friends working in hospitals I like so I won't just be a number.  That might help me.

The diazepam doesn't make me as sleepy but the breathing exercises from the biofeedback/CBT is helping a bit.  I am holding at 20 mg at night until Friday.  Then go down 2 mg to 18 mg.  I will lose some sleep I am sure but hopefully that will be the only bad part.  I don't want to feel like I did for 4 days of c/t on my max dosage.  THAT was scary. 

Take care.

Oleander

Oleander, thanks, the Valium is sedating but not like it was at first for me..maybe I forgot to take a dose yesterday--I think I could have cause sleep last night was not good, I took a 30 minute nap today and I hate that I accidentally fall asleep.

I am going to go for Engineering, but you know that includes a lot of Math.. a lot of Math indeed. lol

My roomy has a degree or something in Trigonometry, which he's good at..

I c/t 5mg of Klonopin back in 2007, it was a nightmare and hell..not again..NOOO!

I was going to go for MD, but I don't think I want to be a Doctor now.

Keryn.

Hope you sleep tonite.

Keryn,

Could be the reason for the bad sleep.  I thought 'I forgot once but didn't want to accidentally take it if I already did.  just couldn't remember.  duh!  So had a bad night sleep.  probably forgot.  I put the 2 pills out at night now so I know if I took them.  My roommate is a wiz at math.  But he's also my husband, lol.  Not always the best teacher.  lol.  HAve you thought of NP or PA instead of MD, less time and still awesome jobs.  I want to get my MSN after my BSN but going to wait a bit so I can get a hospital to pay for that one.  Engineering pays well.  I have a bunch of math to take but I remember liking it but freaking out I wouldn't do well when I got my BA.  It was fun to get the right answer.  Much more black and white than some of the papers that were graded so subjectively.  I am still waiting for 3 grades from one teacher right now.  she is so slow but we better turn them in on time.  HA!    I was thinking I would have to go down 2 mg to go down 10% on Friday.  I wish I wasn't so chicken for the night one.  The morning and afternoon I got rid of pretty quick and I just chucked the Xanax away c/t.  But doing the X and K c/t was CRAZY.  I thought I should be in the loony bin.  lol.  That's when I found lots of scary stuff online on s/x but also when I found the Ashton Method and it really made sense.  I like that she said you could basically make it geared towards your own problems.  Mine being SLEEP, so I take it at night and got rid of the morning and afternoon.  It was just too much to stay awake with all that.  But the amt I am on now doesn't make me sleep that quick.  The breathing exercising might be helping.  'who knows.  My hubby thinks acupuncture might help.  Not too sure about that.  I think I read for some it does and for others, not.  Who knows how much that would cost.

Get some good sleep for the week tonight.

Talk to you soon,

Oleander

Keryn,

Could be the reason for the bad sleep.  I thought 'I forgot once but didn't want to accidentally take it if I already did.  just couldn't remember.  duh!  So had a bad night sleep.  probably forgot.  I put the 2 pills out at night now so I know if I took them.  My roommate is a wiz at math.  But he's also my husband, lol.  Not always the best teacher.  lol.  HAve you thought of NP or PA instead of MD, less time and still awesome jobs.  I want to get my MSN after my BSN but going to wait a bit so I can get a hospital to pay for that one.  Engineering pays well.  I have a bunch of math to take but I remember liking it but freaking out I wouldn't do well when I got my BA.  It was fun to get the right answer.  Much more black and white than some of the papers that were graded so subjectively.  I am still waiting for 3 grades from one teacher right now.  she is so slow but we better turn them in on time.  HA!    I was thinking I would have to go down 2 mg to go down 10% on Friday.  I wish I wasn't so chicken for the night one.  The morning and afternoon I got rid of pretty quick and I just chucked the Xanax away c/t.  But doing the X and K c/t was CRAZY.  I thought I should be in the loony bin.  lol.  That's when I found lots of scary stuff online on s/x but also when I found the Ashton Method and it really made sense.  I like that she said you could basically make it geared towards your own problems.  Mine being SLEEP, so I take it at night and got rid of the morning and afternoon.  It was just too much to stay awake with all that.  But the amt I am on now doesn't make me sleep that quick.  The breathing exercising might be helping.  'who knows.  My hubby thinks acupuncture might help.  Not too sure about that.  I think I read for some it does and for others, not.  Who knows how much that would cost.

Get some good sleep for the week tonight.

Talk to you soon,

Oleander

Ya, for me I fight the drowsiness of Valium, what little it still gives me.. yesterday I forgot to take 20mg in the am I do believe, not sure..it's so long lasting, hard to tell for a few days.

My Math was much more better before Klonopin, well no I take that back, Klonopin did not take my Math skills, but it did take some of my speed of solving a simple H2CO3(aq)  →  H2O(l) + CO2(g) Equation/Formula, I'm also into Chemistry Science and Math are my best subjects, Social Studies sucked lol.. I graduated in 1997..

Engineering deals more w/ Trigonometry and Statistics..

My c/t from Klonopin ended up giving me a seizure, 5 days out..I hate Klonopin, Xanax..I took a few times, it was bars 2mg I believe.

I take most of the Valium in the morning, may have to switch that around.

Keryn.

Hi Pam!!

you aren't intruding a BIT!  Love to hear from you.  I am thinking of going down 10% on Friday but it's my first drop at bed time so a little nervous.  I have my CBT appt that day so maybe I will feel a little better doing that.  It will be 2 weeks of a hold.  I sleep some nights and some are lousy but don't think I am working the breathing stuff that well yet.  I think it will take some time.  STill not sure about him yet.