Healed after 12 years!

[Mr...]

Hello Robbed, You sound very familiar to me my friend. I had everything you speak of and so much more that I can't even begin to explain..  because a lot of it is unexplainable. Some of the symptoms I experienced are so strange and bizarre that I am amazed that the brain can be so messed up for so long and still recover..  but it does. Take some comfort in the fact that you will recover as I have, and you will enjoy your life again.. that is a promise!

Hello anongrl, I will tell you what everybody told me to do to get well:  Give it time, eat a healthy diet, exercise, drink lots of water, keep stress to minimum, and find a good distraction to escape the pain in your mind and body. I know at times this advice can sound like bullshit because of the severity of the symptoms, but this is the best advice that I got and it was given to me by many.

Kind regards all,

Mr B.

Thanks, Mr B. I just have a hard time imagining that something like this could all just one day go away, but that gives me hope. Thanks! My 6 day spell finally got manageable. All the same sxs basically, but the level got way more manageable. Even as is right now, it's hard to imagine getting well from this one day, but if you did, I have hope. Thank you, again!

Mr B, did you feel like the sxs possessed you in some way? I mean, did you feel that you had no control of your mind. Maybe a doc would say psychotic, but there was no way you could stop it even though you were fully aware of what was going on? I believe only the most severe wds would understand that this is not an exaggeration.

Hello anongrl, I will tell you what everybody told me to do to get well:  Give it time, eat a healthy diet, exercise, drink lots of water, keep stress to minimum, and find a good distraction to escape the pain in your mind and body. I know at times this advice can sound like bullshit because of the severity of the symptoms, but this is the best advice that I got and it was given to me by many.

Kind regards all,

Mr B.

Thank you for the advice! I think about reinstating so many times but I don't think I could go back to a pill that severely posioned me and ruined my life (and I was only medicated for one year!). Sorry to ask so many questions but another thing - did you lose your sex drive? My libido is almost non-existent and it's concerning me a lot now. I usually have a high sex drive but WD had totally killed it. Haven't had improvement at all in that department since I quit cold turkey. And another thing - did you ever have a symptom where you felt like electricity flowing through your entire body accompanied with burning pain?

Robbed, I had no control over anything and my mind was no longer mine and for a long time I was just in survival mode. I had to learn to ignore what was happening to me to survive. One of the things that helped me immensely was a very kind letter Prof. Ashton wrote to me. In my darkest hours I would read it over and over and it gave me the hope that I needed to continue. As I have said to you and others...  don't worry, you will get better.

anongrl, My sex life was destroyed for a very long time.. but like everything else it slowly came back to me and today everything is just fine. I also had electricity,  burning pain, and at times a sensation of being tickled internally with severe restlessness. I just wanted to jump out of my skin. Once again, distraction is key.

Kind regards,

Mr B.

Robbed, I had no control over anything and my mind was no longer mine and for a long time I was just in survival mode. I had to learn to ignore what was happening to me to survive. One of the things that helped me immensely was a very kind letter Prof. Ashton wrote to me. In my darkest hours I would read it over and over and it gave me the hope that I needed to continue. As I have said to you and others...  don't worry, you will get better.

anongrl, My sex life was destroyed for a very long time.. but like everything else it slowly came back to me and today everything is just fine. I also had electricity,  burning pain, and at times a sensation of being tickled internally with severe restlessness. I just wanted to jump out of my skin. Once again, distraction is key.

Kind regards,

Mr B.

Oh thank you Mr. B. It really gives me hope that this bullsh*t ends! I still can't believe you have endured all this for 12 years but at least we all know that this is temporary even though it takes a long ass time. I dunno if I can wait 12 years but I just pray that as time goes on, I will get better and better and not go backwards. This beast is too much for someone to handle. I am only 27 years old so I know I have a full life ahead of me but I never imagined by life to turn out this way. Ever! Are you 100% symptom-free now?

Hi Mts.B

Do you think that your recovery  is conected with some event or change in your life??

I still cry with tears and I beg for crying because it brings me relief .I feel like  small kid who only wants to linger.When you were crying did you feel like kid??

I would be gratefull for your reply Buddy

flavio

Hello anongrl, I am 100% symptom-free and then some. Not too much gets to me these days and my life now is a breeze after all the bullshit I had to endure for so long. Everyday is a gift and I now enjoy all the simple things in life that I never noticed before or just took for granted.

Hey flavio, For the longest time I felt no emotions at all and I was like a dead man walking. When I slowly started to feel again, I cried a lot of the time and yes I felt and acted like a little child. I lost all of my confidence and self esteem and I could not be held accountable for anything because I had the mentality of an 8 year old child. Slowly, very slowly I have became a better man than I have ever been in my entire life and it just keeps getting better.

Also, I don't feel anything other than time helped me in my own recovery. In good time, you will recover too flavio, just hang in there!

Kind regards,

Mr B.

Thank you Buddy

All the time I look for mistake which I make.I go on therapy and I try to find the key to loose anxiety.But I dont find.

flavio

Mrs.B I have another question.Most of my symptoms decreased but thightness in my solar plexus and chest is bigger and bigger.invades bigger and bigger parts of my body thats why I think that I must do someting wrong-not resolved childhood problems for example.

As if cancer in my brain eats me up day by day-more and more.

Do you have simillar experience??

I would be gratefull for your reply

flavio

Hey Mr. B-

Thank-you so very much for coming back after twelve years & posting your success story. I REALLY  REALLY needed to read this today.

I have been off poison & all other meds. since March 24th 2013. I still suffer with horrible nerve pain, skin burning & other symptoms. The nerve pain is the worst right now. Many other symptoms have gone away. The remaining symptoms are to a lessor degree & mostly tolerable now. When I become extremely stressed out PTSD triggers then everything intensifies & becomes unbearable. On a positive note the duration of intense symptoms seems to wane now as well. So it is mainly getting through the rough patch. Feels like I'm riding a never ending merry-go-round  :(

How long did it take for you anger & agitation issues to resolve? I have this right now & it has become out of control. I am facing jail time because of it. I have isolated myself once again to avoid stimuli & ignorant people who trigger my anger. It is all I can do right now.  :-[  :-\

Your story is indeed an inspiration to those of us who still struggle with this horrific crap. It gives me hope. I am very grateful to have come across this thread today. Hope it doesn't take me 12 years to heal...arghhhh... :tickedoff:

Have a GREAT day & thanks again buddy!

Mr. B,

My heartfelt thank you for taking time to come back and post your success story. For those of us still walking the path, this gives us so much inspiration and hope to know that HEALING DOES HAPPEN.

I am fairly new to the site and cling to success stories.

Question. Do you consider your sleep now as restorative sleep? If so, when did it happen? Tried to research within the forum and have not have a lot of them that I found. Currently, most of my sleep are REM with lots of wake ups and dreams. I am seven months off short time Ativan user ( .5 mg about 35 days, off and on) cold turkey. Also took low doses of Trazadone (2 weeks), Mitatzapine (2 days) and Remeron ( 7 days).

Thank you so much again and more blessings to your new life!. Oh! I am a senior citizen, age 67.

flavio,  it is a good sign that most of your symptoms have decreased. They will continue to improve for you as time passes. Also..  lots of things from my childhood and early adulthood came back to haunt me in withdrawal. I have moved on from these problems and I suspect you will too when your brain recovers from this trauma. Hang in there!

Bella, knowing how long it took for my anger & agitation to settle down can not help you. Everybody's recovery is so different that we can not tell how long a particular group of symptoms will last. You could wake up tomorrow and feel back to your old self. I can tell you that I too had to isolate myself out of fear of what I would do because the rage I felt was out of my control. Any little transgression set me off and I was scared of what I would do. Truly tragic this whole mess is, but there will be an end to it. Good luck!

Pi236, I sleep better now than I ever did. I learned how to clear my mind before bed and relax and breath. Before the benzos and during withdrawal I took all my problems to bed with me and I was a wreck. Now I have learned to turn off and let the day go. So yes.. I consider my sleep a very restorative sleep and I wake up very refreshed and ready for the day. As I have said to others.. knowing when my sleep improved will not help you, it took me a very long time to recover and your recovery could be right around the corner. I can tell you that your sleep will return when the time is right for you and you will make up for all you are missing out on now.

Thank you all for all the kind words and wishes!

Mr B.

My fellow longterm sufferers,

Today, I am moving forward with my life and I'm not looking back. I'm officially putting this benzo nightmare behind me, and I'm moving on with my new life. I will no longer read or answer questions on this thread; for I feel at this point I have said all I need to say, and moving on is the best thing for me right now.

Each and  'EVERYONE'  of you.. my fellow longterm sufferers.. have very good things coming your way. Just keep holding on for now and don't let this bullshit get the best of you. The other side is wonderful, and it is now time for me to resume my life and put this terrible thing away forever.

In  'TIME'  you will all do the same.

Best wishes all,

Mr B.

My fellow longterm sufferers,

Today, I am moving forward with my life and I'm not looking back. I'm officially putting this benzo nightmare behind me, and I'm moving on with my new life. I will no longer read or answer questions on this thread; for I feel at this point I have said all I need to say, and moving on is the best thing for me right now.

Each and  'EVERYONE'  of you.. my fellow longterm sufferers.. have very good things coming your way. Just keep holding on for now and don't let this bullshit get the best of you. The other side is wonderful, and it is now time for me to resume my life and put this terrible thing away forever.

In  'TIME'  you will all do the same.

Best wishes all,

Mr B.

Enjoy your life!!

This is the best thread I have seen here.  I am a long term sufferer and thanks to you my hope as been amplified.  Thank you sir.  Best wishes to you and all that life brings you.

Good luck Mr B. I hope you will enjoy the rest of your life. Hopefully i will be healing fully soon and moving on too. Your freedom was hard won.

• 1 month later...
Not many things are able to make me feel touched these days but this is beautiful.  It's been such a long journey for you and I wish you all the best.

• 2 weeks later...