• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,I was just talking to a friend of mine and she said indica trips u out pretty bad. Is that true? I have never really been into weed, and only had it maybe 10 times in my life (I’m 42) one thing that I have never liked is that really out there stoned feeling. Like... so stoned u are scared and paranoid. Does indica do that? Coz I seriously don’t think I could handle that right now? How much should I try to begin with? I am virtually a novice so any advice would be great. Should I vape or smoke? Or make gummies? Thanku x I’m getting to see cannabis dr next week x

Hi guys,I was just talking to a friend of mine and she said indica trips u out pretty bad. Is that true? I have never really been into weed, and only had it maybe 10 times in my life (I’m 42) one thing that I have never liked is that really out there stoned feeling. Like... so stoned u are scared and paranoid. Does indica do that? Coz I seriously don’t think I could handle that right now? How much should I try to begin with? I am virtually a novice so any advice would be great. Should I vape or smoke? Or make gummies? Thanku x I’m getting to see cannabis dr next week

Well . . . I suppose if you used a really big dose of indica it would "trip you out". But between the two, indica  and sativa, I've always found sativa trips me out. Even in small quantities. Indica makes me mellow. Not "stoned". But then I've been using mj for quite a few years, since our state legalized it, and I had do do a lot of trial and error.

How much should you use? If you're smoking or vaping, I'd take a puff and see what happens. (If you're going to smoke, I'd advise a water pipe. Small glass ones are inexpensive and drawing the smoke through the water in the pipe cools it so it's not so harsh. That's how I started with mj about 6 or 7 years ago). You will most likely feel something right away. If you get the feeling you're seeking (maybe best to know what feeling you ARE seeking) then that's the right dose for you.

Should you make gummies? Sure. Then you'll  know exactly how much mj is in each gummie. It's a fiddly process but once it's done, you have enough gummies for a month.

I think you're going to have to tolerate experimenting, Shay. And start small. If you do, I doubt if you'll get "stoned".  You're going to use this for sleep, right? If I were you, I'd take a small hit (smoking or vaping) just before bedtime and see how it goes. I would expect you'd feel mellow. Indica tones down my anxiety . . . about sleeping . . . about everything . . . so I can drift off.

You seem awfully anxious about this, Shay. Really, if you start small, I think things will be okay.

Best,

Katz

[ef...]

Hi guys,I was just talking to a friend of mine and she said indica trips u out pretty bad. Is that true? I have never really been into weed, and only had it maybe 10 times in my life (I’m 42) one thing that I have never liked is that really out there stoned feeling. Like... so stoned u are scared and paranoid. Does indica do that? Coz I seriously don’t think I could handle that right now? How much should I try to begin with? I am virtually a novice so any advice would be great. Should I vape or smoke? Or make gummies? Thanku x I’m getting to see cannabis dr next week x

Indica for me did not give me any stoned feeling at all. All it did was make me feel drowsy, like a good shot of Unisom. I started with 5mg to test it, but that quickly rose to around 20mg, and I find I need around 20mg-25mg to knock me out now. I have never smoked it. I tried Sativa once like 5 years ago in a drink, and I didn't like it. But Indica I'm using as a tincture along with CDB Oil, and only get sedation with it.

[2d...]

Shayna, I had smoked a little when I was younger (I am 48), and never liked the feeling of paranoia I got with smoking and rarely did it as a result. I was really, really nervous when I first got my indica this time since anxiety is my main withdrawal symptom and took a tiny little puff (I have a vape pen and use it on the low-medium temperature setting). I waited a full 30 minutes to make sure I had reached the full effects (with vaping it takes only 10 minutes) since I am pretty sensitive.

I definitely felt different - a bit like having a couple of glasses of wine (though it is a different feeling, this is how "mind altering" it felt). I didn't get any paranoia or fear. I worked my way up to 2 medium sized puffs, and that is all I need to sleep. I mostly feel relaxed and maybe a bit spacey. I think if I used more, I might start to feel anxious but I'm not sure. I also use a little sublingual CBD (15mg since a ratio of 1:1 is supposed to be good), which seemed to help smooth it out. The first time when I forgot, my mind was racing a bit (not in a bad way, but not great for sleep).

According to the research, a low amount of THC (I think the range was 2 - 10mg - I will try to find the study again to post here), decreases glutamate, while high amount (over 15mg with 10-15 being variable I believe), decreases GABA. This is believed to account for the different effects.

I tried edibles once and personally did not like them. The onset of action is variable - from a few minutes to a few hours. An empty stomach helps, but it's more unpredictable. That said, many like it because it is slow and sustained - I have been tempted to try it again for that reason since I still wake up in the night. I had a bad product that gave me horrid stomach cramps and diarrhea, so I am a bit traumatized by it, haha.

So, overall, I think you will be fine. Just go slow. Did you get it already?

Shayna, indica is way more calming/sedating than sativa. I find CBD does nothing for me, but THC and CBN work wonders. You’ll find that most calm/sleep edibles have THC, but not CBD (at least from what I’ve seen). The website Leafly is a great place to look for strains that help with insomnia, I would start there. As Katz said, start small and you’ll find the right mix for you. I’ve been consuming edibles regularly since last July, no paranoia or anxiety. My edibles use hybrid or indica strains and they work perfectly.

Thanks guys x I appreciate ur feedback. I’m not really anxious to try it Katz it’s just The last vape I tried made me feel really wierd but I have to idea what kind it was. I’m going to the dr this week hopefully so I should have some this week to try x

For me , indica is all I can have . I was glad when they legalized it here so that I knew what I was getting . Sativa caused me to be paranoid and frightened  long before benzos ever entered the picture .  I am just not a stimulant person .

Indica just eases me down . unless I smoke a huge amount of it then it knocks me out . No fear no paranoia .

I just got my gummies last night from the delivery man .

I did it even though I am afraid .

I am worn out and my therapist really wants me to go back on cannabis anyway because she says that sometimes I have to be "peeled off the ceiling " .  Plus the insomnia .  She understands its from the benzo injury but still .  Actually  I got one CBN/THC 2.5mg  and 2 types of mints one with 2 and the other with 2.5 THC , I am starting very low as its been 2.25 years since I have had even an aspirin.

I am 58 and really want to have some sort of quality of life again . I am just not into pharmaceuticals at all anymore after this experience .

Thanks blue. Ok I feel good about it now, the thing is people who buy street here could end up with anything really plus because it’s illegal it’s probably pumped full of chemicals to grow it indoors. But as I am going the legal way it should be the real deal. Funny tho I asked my dr if I’m drug tested (cops do drug and alcohol tests here if they pull u over) I will still be fined even tho I have a letter saying I have a chronic condition. When I was polydrugged with high doses I was less safe to drive yet because those meds are legal it was ok!?! Crazy. Australia is so backward

Hi everyone!

I'm looking into using THC for intense nausea. I'm already taking as much nausea medication as possible but my nausea is still quite intense a lot of the time.

I have never tried marijuana in any form (CBD or THC in oil or capsules or anything).

I know I don't want to smoke anything (I can't stand the smell tbh), so I was thinking I would look into getting a tincture or capsule. But I have no idea where to start, other than wanting something Indica dominant since I have bad anxiety, or if it would even be helpful.

Any recommendations for forms/dosages/strains? Are there possible side effects? How can I get relief without feeling "high" (if that's possible)? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I used indica for nausea on my taper and it was very helpful. It's a good choice! I suggest you look into edibles -- maybe Gummi Bears. Phone around to your local dispensaries to see what they have. I started small (I made my own tinctures and Gummies so it was easy to titrate the dose) -- maybe 10 or 15 mgs of THC and see if you get relief. Remember with edibles you will not feel anything right away. But after 45 minutes or so, you should. Be careful -- don't take another Gummi thinking nothing's happening. The effect is slow.

Just an aside -- I use my indica Gummies now for sleep and I love the slow slide into zzzzzzland that the edible gives me.

Best to you.

Katz

P.S. If you decide you want to make your own Gummies, just PM me and I'll send you the recipe.

Thank you for the reply, Katz! I'll definitely send you a PM to get that recipe. I'm so glad indica worked well for you during your taper (and now :))!

Do you happen to know if THC interacts with drugs for mental illnesses? I'm doing a lot of research, but I feel like I don't even know all the things I need to be looking up to determine if it's safe. I'm definitely going to ask another doctor outside of my state that knows a bit more about possible interactions though!

I've also read that CBD can help nausea, too, but isn't as effective as a full-spectrum (I think that's the right term?) or something with THC as well.

And thank you for the head's up about the edibles. I'll make sure to try them very slowly!

[ef...]
I have never tried Cannabis for nausea. That really wasn't one of my symptoms. So far from Indica and CBD all I get is sedation, which I guess is similar to nausea, so it's interesting that it can be used for that as well.

golden, I never tried CBD for nausea. When I was so sick on my taper, I read about indica helping cancer patients who were being made nauseous from their chemo treatments, so decided to ty it for my nausea. It worked. This makes sense as indica is well known to give you "the munchies".

I have since tried CBD and it seems to work for anxiety. As far as I can tell it lowers my bp. It does not help me sleep, however. Indica does that.

Ah, marijuana . . . an herb with many possibilities.  ::)

Katz

[ef...]

golden, I never tried CBD for nausea. When I was so sick on my taper, I read about indica helping cancer patients who were being made nauseous from their chemo treatments, so decided to ty it for my nausea. It worked. This makes sense as indica is well known to give you "the munchies".

I have since tried CBD and it seems to work for anxiety. As far as I can tell it lowers my bp. It does not help me sleep, however. Indica does that.

Ah, marijuana . . . an herb with many possibilities.  ::)

Katz

Same here with CBD. Even at 150mg it doesn't do much for me except reduce anxiety just a little bit.

But I found if I stack it with THC it extends my sleep from 4hr to 6hr

Yes Indica works for nausea for me also .

I have both the WYLD Elderberry gummies @10mgs of thc per gummy( they are indica )  and I will be starting back with only 1/4th  of one . I had to stop all cannabis the day I stepped off into acute because it was making my symptoms insane . So I have to take it easy .

Also The Petra Blackberry CBN ( not CBD) Mints with 2.5 mgs of THC .

Alot of people here on the thread know that w/d has frightened me so badly that I am now afraid of my old indica love and am trying to get the nerve to go ahead with it. Even my therapist wants me back on cannabis . 

[ef...]

Started my 2 weeks of Cannabis again. 20mg THC and 60mg CBD knocked me out pretty good. I'm definitely healing, since I woke up 6hr later (I slept an entire 6hr run, that's unheard of for me), and I went back to sleep for another hour.

And the Cool Drift machine is halving my sleep onset. I fell asleep in about 40min to boot, this is also unheard of for me. Ironic that on these 2 things, I am getting more efficient sleep than I ever did naturally.

Yes Indica works for nausea for me also .

I have both the WYLD Elderberry gummies @10mgs of thc per gummy( they are indica )  and I will be starting back with only 1/4th  of one . I had to stop all cannabis the day I stepped off into acute because it was making my symptoms insane . So I have to take it easy .

Also The Petra Blackberry CBN ( not CBD) Mints with 2.5 mgs of CBD .

Alot of people here on the thread know that w/d has frightened me so badly that I am now afraid of my old indica love and am trying to get the nerve to go ahead with it. Even my therapist wants me back on cannabis .

I have the Wyld Elderberry gummies and Marionberry gummies. I like them, they work really well. My only complaint is having to cut them up. I prefer Kiva gummies (they make the Petra mints you mentioned). Their Chill & Sleep gummies are my favorites.

Thank you for telling me about the Kiva gummies , my delivery service has those but I could not find enough reviews on each to be confident enough to order . I think I will try those actually . I know what you mean about cutting the others up  They sure smell good though !

Thank you all so much for your replies! Glad you have found things that help :)

I did a lot of research into CBD vs. THC and what was available nearby. But then I looked up if either interacted with medications... and pretty much every medication I'm on had an interaction that could or would be harmful. Until I can get off of those, I don't know if it's a great idea to try either, but I'm planning to talk to my doctor about it. If not for the interactions, I think it would really help me though!

I’m going to the dr today. Geez I’m a bit worried about going now, I don’t want it to cause a setback, I’m being paranoid and I haven’t even had any weed yet!  :-[

I’m going to the dr today. Geez I’m a bit worried about going now, I don’t want it to cause a setback, I’m being paranoid and I haven’t even had any weed yet!  :-[

You’ll be fine. Just start low. ❤️ Then get some zzz’s!