Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Pamster, I’m taking it for anxiety meltdowns and sometimes for sleep.

My son says throw it into some brownie mix and eat it but that sounds a bit haphazard to me!

I’ve got an appointment with the cannabis clinic next week so I can ask there but they have one eye on the ££££££.

I know they have full spectrum oil that you put under your tongue so I might give that a try.

How’s your leg now? Hope the pain has subsided.

Hardy xx

Putting it in some brownies doesn’t sound like a bad idea because really, whenever you try something new you have to experiment with the dose even when you buy it from the store.  But then you’d have the extra hassle of decarboxylation and making your house smell funky. 

I’m glad you have an appointment with the clinic, but anything indica will probably work for you.  I’m sure you know that edibles and oils will mean a delay in the effect as it works its way through your digestive system and it is a different feeling so I’m told but I wouldn’t know because I slept through it for the most part. 

I didn’t have much pain with my leg and I just got rid of the cast on Monday so life is good.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I haven’t done the carboxylation thing before. I’ll leave that to the experts and buy direct.

Can’t really be eating brownies either, the Mirtazapine caused my middle to expand dramatically!

I’m hoping I can get the effect without nausea even, as you say, there is a delay.

It’s lovely to read that your life is good. One day I will say it! I will! I will!

Hardy xx

Pamster, my husband (so fed up of seeing me distressed) made me some cannabis brownies, putting ground herb directly into the mix. I had a portion before bed had great sleep and no nausea.

We just estimated the amounts.  Didn’t know we were supposed to decarboxylate but it worked anyway.

I’m looking forward to tonight!

Hardy x

Hi Everyone,

My physical suffering has become unbearable this week. I thought I was getting better, but now I am worse. I have not had any windows in close to five months.

What do you do when it comes to a point where you have to take SOMETHING to help? I can barely eat, drink, get outside, or sleep. This is inhumane, and there has to be something one can do to help oneself other than mindfulness.

There has to be something you can take and still heal. Is it cannabis? Where do you start? How do you know what to take?

I know the best course of action is to take nothing, eat right, etc., but when the physical suffering is this bad, and your distress levels and tolerance levels are maxed out, there has to be SOME solution to have a break and feel at ease.

Also, it is very hard to research, take time, and make an informed decision when you are in this much distress. You want relief.

Any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Have you got somewhere to buy it from?

They will give you some advice as to where to start.

I started by vaping. I bought a vapouriser for about £75 from Amazon. I really had no idea what I was doing!

The first prescription had no effect, the second does relax me but I get unpleasant nausea as a side effect.

I’m now trying edibles. Looking hopeful and I’m more confident to try various ways of getting the benefit.

I don’t think you’ve got anything to lose by having a try Rebecca. Really, really hope it helps.

Hard6 x

I've been using both marijuana (indica and sativa) and CBD for many years. So I'm going to make a suggestion.

Rebecca, my advice for you would be to start with CBD -- it's not psychoactive. It will probably just relax you and calm you down. I would go to your local dispensary with this in mind (you want relaxation) and buy CBD maybe in the form of an edible. Or you could vape it. A dispensary will sell you a vaporizer. Or a bubbler (water pipe). I started off with a $9 water pipe.f

In the  meantime, why not "research" cannabis on your own? The website Leafly is a good pace to start for Information. Lazarus Naturals is another good place to investigate. Remember . . . most of us got into the mess we are in with our benzos by being ill-informed. You can make a start on informing yourself about cannabis and the way(s) it might help. It certainly helped me on my taper. CBD especially.  Maybe make it a rule for yourself to not take anything whose potential effect you don't understand. If it were me in your shoes, I'd sure do that. I understood what I was taking indica for -- I'd researched it. So maybe do a little reading about CBD?

What do you think?

Best,

Katz

This makes sense. I will try the CBD. Psych who’s helping me taper off Seroquel said he was OK with CBD made w hemp. I simply cannot withstand this suffering and extreme distress without something. I just hope it doesn’t increase tinnitus. I’ve read that can happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I wanted to pop in here and ask some advice. I got down to 1 mg V last summer and completely crashed. Hit a horrific wall and lost most of my mental and physical functioning. I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, felt suicidal at times, lots of swings of panic/anxiety and depression. It was a nightmare. I decided to hold and figure out a new plan for myself, which included starting broad spectrum CBD (0% THC).  I take about 40 mgs of that in an oil twice a day. It has helped me tremendously (along with trauma informed benzo wise counseling, daily neurofeedback, dietary adjustments, mild exercise, polarity therapy, and amped up social support). 

I feel much more stable now, and was able to return very part time to work. I even passed my licensing exam last month.

The question is now when do I pick my taper back up?  Only I can decide this of course, but I’m wondering if anyone has done what I am… after having hit a wall, introduced CBD and returned to their taper with better success?

I’m terrified to go back to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

As I get lower in my taper, I have found vaping CBD with low THC strains has helped at lot with relaxation and my appetite.  I have heard conflicting reports about THC interacting with GABA. 

It has been working for me, but I certainty don't want to slow my taper down or mess anything up. 

Thoughts on this?

Hello everyone,

As I get lower in my taper, I have found vaping CBD with low THC strains has helped at lot with relaxation and my appetite.  I have heard conflicting reports about THC interacting with GABA. 

It has been working for me, but I certainty don't want to slow my taper down or mess anything up. 

Thoughts on this?

Hello

CYP3A4 is an enzyme that the liver uses to metabolise diazepam, and perhaps other benzodiazepines.

CBD can inhibit the activity of CYP3A4, meaning that it can slow down the breakdown of medications that are metabolized by this enzyme. This can result in higher levels of the medication in the bloodstream, which could potentially lead to adverse effects.

Therefore, if you are taking medications that are metabolized by CYP3A4, it is important to talk to your doctor before using CBD, as it could interact with these medications and affect their effectiveness or safety. Your doctor may need to adjust your medication dosage or monitor you more closely while you are using CBD.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found marijuana in the form of an indica to be really good for helping appetite and for pain relief. I needed this on my taper as I lost 40 pounds. (Broke my tailbone, too). Sativa just makes me (and most people) goofy. I couldn't eat diddly on my taper. Indica saved my bacon. But it is definitely psychoactive. You absolutely do not feel "yourself".

As for relief from anxiety and help with sleep. I now depend on CBD. CBD is actually hemp -- it's a different plant, and is classified as hemp, not marijuana. To be able to be sent through the mail, it must contain less than .03% of any psychoactive compound. So if you're ingesting CBD, you're getting basically nothing in the way of a psychoactive compound.  I never found CBD to make me feel anything other than calm and a little stupid -- it's great for anxiety. Ommmm. And in doses of about 50 mgs it's very effective for sleep. For daytime usage, about 25 mg. For me. Others' "mileage" as they say, may vary.

I never did experience nausea. Interesting, and distressing, I'm sure,  that some ppl do. One thing to know about CBD is that it builds up in your system so you use it every you night, need to take a "holiday" every 3 weeks or so as it stops working. Lay off it for about 10 days, then start again . . . it will work better.

Be cautious about where you're getting your CBD. I get mine from a mail order dispensary in FL:  www.drstrainscbd.com. I'm very satisfied with them. You can get both edibles and flower bud from them. Do not buy CBD from your local 7-11 (yes, I've seen it there . . . edibles) as it will probably contain almost no CBD. Be discriminating.

fyi, I'm in my CBD holiday phase right now and use a sliver of a 1 mg melatonin pill for sleep. So far it's working well although melatonin makes me feel hangoverish in the a.m.

Best,

Katz

Is it best to take it at night. I’ve just got some from a reputable on line shop in UK. It’s the lowest dose, says to take half a dropper which is 13mg, wanted start low as quite sensitive to supplements. Does make me a bit dopey during day. Hoping it will help with anxiety. Interesting you say to take a break from it every so often. I’m just hoping it helps as don’t want take any more meds.

CBD can inhibit the activity of CYP3A4, meaning that it can slow down the breakdown of medications that are metabolized by this enzyme. This can result in higher levels of the medication in the bloodstream, which could potentially lead to adverse effects.

This is exactly why I haven't tried any of this stuff. I take a heart med that inhibits CYP3A4, so my benzo serum level is already increased. Otherwise, I'd definitely try it to try and relieve some sxs.

Just had a really bad reaction from it, had a seizure, very shaky like I was going to pass out, the only other thing I’m taking is valerian, but it obviously can react with other meds, I felt the same after the flu jab, think I’ll just have stay off any supp,events.

Just had a really bad reaction from it, had a seizure

Wow, leann, sorry to hear that. What exactly did you take? And what dosage?

Katz

It was cbd oil think dosage was 13mg, am having lit family stress with son at moment so maybe combination both. Had a few seizures after flu jab, nit like epilepsy, more  case where whole body shakes uncontrollably  fir several minutes, sometimes almost howl, then suddenly stop. But have stopped it playing safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thoughts on this?

Hello

CYP3A4 is an enzyme that the liver uses to metabolise diazepam, and perhaps other benzodiazepines.

Therefore, if you are taking medications that are metabolized by CYP3A4, it is important to talk to your doctor before using CBD, as it could interact with these medications and affect their effectiveness or safety. Your doctor may need to adjust your medication dosage or monitor you more closely while you are using CBD.

One of the medications that can be influenced by CYP3A4 is the SSRI venlaflaxine.  So, keep that in mind if you are taking venlaflaxine (effexor), start dosing CBD, and then notice some change(s) that you are attributing to the CBD specifically.  It may be only that the CBD is influencing metabolization rates of venlaflaxine and subsequent blood serum levels.

-best.

RST

I wonder about Seroquel. I took a CBD gummy with 5 percent THC in it. Doctor said it was fine to take. Ended up in ER with seizure-like activity -- doc thinks it was a withdrawal dyskinesia or acute distonic reaction of some sort. Has resolved all but horrible muscle stiffness. Overall, the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to me. No more CBD or THC for me! I have taken gummies in the past without a problem.

Many drugs (over 50%) are metabolized by the CYP3A4 liver enzyme, so CBD can potentially increase the serum levels of any of these drugs. Alprazolam and Clonazepam rely entirely on this enzyme, and Diazepam relies heavily on it for metabolism. Lorazepam is metabolized differently by the liver. If it weren't for this complication of CBD, I would definitely give it a go. I already take a heart med that inhibits CYP3A4, so I don't want to make it worse by adding something else to increase the benzo in my system.

i picked up a joint at local shop that says it has 0.56 thc and 15% CBD. I am extremely sensitive to meds, like cray sensitive to thc. Does this sound like it would have any affect on someone? The THC level? Im afraid to try it lololol. Ive gotta come up with something that helps through the taper though, any suggestions of CBD gummies to try?

If you want to get started with CBD, to see if it will help you,  my advice is to go slow. Go to your local dispensary and pick up a gummie that has about 25 mgs of CBD in it. By definition CBD is very low in THC. THC never did calm me and was not helpful on my taper to give me that ommmmm feeling. 25 mgs should work fine. Do not take more . . . you will not "feel" anything dramatic from CBD. Give it a chance. If you want to order online I use lazarusnaturals.com. They have a great variety of products. Lots of gummies.

Best wishes,

Katz

• 3 weeks later...
I take two drugs that are metabolized in the CYP3A4. I didn't have good experiences with CBD oil (full spectrum). Do you think that smoking/vaping CBD flower could do the trick or would this option be dangerous due to the THC?

CBD by definition is "agricultural hemp".  It's classified this way so it can be sent through the mail. (I get my flower from a dispensary in FL). The THC %  has to be less than .3% . . . so if you're going to be smoking or vaping flower, you're getting very little THC. It certainly does the trick for me . . .I make gummie bears from the flower I receive. Helps me sleep like a baby.

Best,

Katz

Marijuans, CBD and such gave me VERY bad reactions.  I could not understand that at all.  It was true, and I used to best quality products from the dispensaries and health companies.  My wallet took a hit from they all these. THC and regular weed gave me horrid feelings, so I CT medical marijuana 2 years ago.  I'm so glad I don't use any of that plant, which used to be help me before tapering.  Something changed in me that just said NO!

Read Ashton on CBD use.