Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Final Healing: Many of us who tapered in 2014/15/16 just did a micro taper using our own pills and the gram scale.  We did not use compounding pharmacies.  For a lot of us changing to liquid didn't work - why I have no idea - so we stuck with the gram scale.  I think you have the right idea - go back to your regular pills, hold until you feel ready to start tapering again and just use your own pills.

I don't think you really need to be that concerned about how accurate your pill cutting is as long as it is consistent.  I know Builder posts about this with more scientific knowledge than I have - but again since so many of us did fine with this, including the errors in the pill weights - I would not obsess about it.

Just keep in mind that many of us have been where you are now - and we all got off, are doing fine and rarely ever post here.

Final Healing: Many of us who tapered in 2014/15/16 just did a micro taper using our own pills and the gram scale.  We did not use compounding pharmacies.  For a lot of us changing to liquid didn't work - why I have no idea - so we stuck with the gram scale.  I think you have the right idea - go back to your regular pills, hold until you feel ready to start tapering again and just use your own pills.

I don't think you really need to be that concerned about how accurate your pill cutting is as long as it is consistent.  I know Builder posts about this with more scientific knowledge than I have - but again since so many of us did fine with this, including the errors in the pill weights - I would not obsess about it.

Just keep in mind that many of us have been where you are now - and we all got off, are doing fine and rarely ever post here.

Kgirl10,

You have brought tears to my eyes.  That makes me feel so hopeful even though I made a mistake in my transition to weighing the pills today.  Its fixable but was due to a horrible night on the compunding pills. Good to know others have made mistakes as well along the way. 

Everyone on this thread has been so kind and supportive.  I want to stick a method as best I can and move off of this medication. I do emember reading  Builder saying something about consistent cutting as opposed to accurate cutting.

Please keep stopping back on this thread. I know all of us on this journey need the reassurance from those who have made it off. 

Final.

Can’t the daily microtaper also catch up with you?

From my understanding a micro taper does not mean tapering everyday without paying attention to our bodies.  I think it can catch up if it's too fast and too automatic.  I want to chip away a few days in a row and then hold.  Then start again. 

I'm sure others with more experience can chime in. 

Can’t the daily microtaper also catch up with you?

It is symptom based, pretty sure (since I haven’t been doing it for long, or correctly) it can creep up, but makes it easier to make adjustments based on the last dose or two. Many people still stick with the same 10% or 5% reductions and instead of doing one large cuts they just make the equivalent cuts over the course of the time. It’s a good way to check to make sure you aren’t overdoing it week in and week out sticking to a similar reduction plan, just doing daily cuts.

Libertas,

I did a one time cut of the 2.5%.  Then after feeling ok for a day or two, I cut again another 1%.  I am sucked into tolerance so bad already from already being in tolerance prior to taper, tapering fast and holding.  Symptoms were continuing to pile up while holding,and trying different methods to taper.  I don't want to trigger anyone here so if you want to see some of my symptoms, you can search my posts. 

After seeing so many on here in tolerance like I was and kindled when starting taper, I only wish I would have just continued the taper, but of course, slowed down some but trying to get off as quickly as possible.  I think and hope that this may be a lesson for anyone who is in tolerance, to KEEP going with their taper and not to hold long.....which is what Professor Ashton recommended.  I didn't know what "tolerance" meant or that I was in it and getting sucked further into it and that going back to tapering would be so hard.  I knew I would have to take it slower when I picked my taper back up, but had no idea that it would be like this.  I am an extreme case, though, and not the usual.  None of the psychs I have seen have seen anyone as symptomatic as I am.  What this medication and withdrawal has done to me, and stolen from me, is inhumane. 

Also many helpful people who can help in the liquid section. Builder is very helpful. And Lilyann has thrown in a lot of info my way ass well

Greetings, MO7Bs.  I’m sorry you are having such a difficult time and hope you will soon find a reduction rate that works for you.  L

Hey Libertas. That weird dosage I have is left over from my old daily dose schedule. I cut all the day doses CT and now left over with 6:30 and 10:30

Hello again, G.  Ah ha! Thanks for the clarification.  Does taking the two doses four hours apart help you?  I ask only b/c it’s an unusual dosing schedule.  Based on what I’ve read here on BB, most folks take clonazepam either one time a day (often at night) or at regular intervals (e.g. every 12 hours, every 8 hours). As I’m sure you know, these are also the dosing schedules recommended in the patient and physician info sheets for clonazepam.  L

I don’t feel my 6:30 dose of quarter mg. My 10:30 dose knocks me out. I don’t remember sleeping. I haven’t stabilized since before I cut my original dose of .5 that I was put on in February. What should I do now? Leave schedule the same and microtaper? Am I screwed? Should I wait a little while to see if I stabilize a bit?

New issue. 

Starting to have lots of physical aches and pains. Didn't have this with my previous medication tapers but now a lot of physical pain is happening. I havent been very mobile in the past 9 months.  I used to walk every where. 

I'm trying to walk a little more but I guess I want to know if the physical aches ease as we go lower or get of the meds completely.

I don’t feel my 6:30 dose of quarter mg. My 10:30 dose knocks me out. I don’t remember sleeping. I haven’t stabilized since before I cut my original dose of .5 that I was put on in February. What should I do now? Leave schedule the same and microtaper? Am I screwed? Should I wait a little while to see if I stabilize a bit?

G: Given what you’ve shared, you might consider combining your 6:30 pm and 10:30 pm doses.  You could do this by moving the 6:30 pm dose 1 hour later over 3 days while carefully noting any changes in your sleep or daytime symptoms.  My rationale for suggesting this is twofold.  First, if nothing else, combining the two evening doses will make your taper less complicated (i.e. you’ll only have to taper one dose not two).  Second, it will give your body a consistent dose of the drug at a consistent time (consistency is a good thing while tapering). 

Re: your questions about microtapering and holding to stabilize, respectfully suggest you might get more readers/responders if you post them to the Withdrawal Support board. 

Also respectfully suggest you consider “tweaking” your signature (which is already quite helpful) a tad before you post.  That way, Buddies will have all relevant info at their fingertips and you won’t have to keep repeating yourself.  You’ve already shared most if not all of these important info bits in your previous posts (e.g. your 10 day rapid taper off followed by a reinstatement; variations in your dosing schedule).  Another helpful info bit to include would be the method(s) you have used to taper as well as your reduction rate(s). Sending all best wishes your way for a successful taper, L

Thanks everyone for your support on letting go of the compounding pills.  I have switched back toy regular tablets and I think it's going to be better.

I'm going to hold at this dose but also move a little of my evening dose to my daytime doses to get things a bit more more even with my 3 doses.  I been too lopsided for awhile. 

Want to keep supporting everyone on this thread. 

What a generous, thoughtful, and uplifting post. Thank you, Final!

Wise decision to hold your daily dose constant (after waiting a few days to verify that all is well with your “switch back” of course ;)) while experimenting with moving some of your evening dose to your daytime doses. 

What a generous, thoughtful, and uplifting post. Thank you, Final!

Wise decision to hold your daily dose constant (after waiting a few days to verify that all is well with your “switch back” of course ;)) while experimenting with moving some of your evening dose to your daytime doses.

Thank you.  I unfortunately had a terrible nigjt last night. I dont think it was due to switching back but more with moving some of my evening dose to the daytime.  The night before, no issue in fact a feeling of not feeling such drugged sleep.  Yesterday, my day was more solid with more medication spread our in the day. 

Last night, horrible insomia with trembling.  I feel so trapped on this medication and exhausted today. I have to hold still but then I know I need to start cutting again to ever free myself. 

Final,

I am sure that you are right on target that the issue was moving more of the evening dose to the daytime. I hope you settle soon.

Final,

I am sure that you are right on target that the issue was moving more of the evening dose to the daytime. I hope you settle soon.

Thank you NJstrength,

I hope things settle down too.  With my benzo brain I full force I blame myself for trying to take care of myself.  Switching back to my tablets felt right and trying to have more stability in the daytime felt right too.  Unfortunately, my nervous system is so sensitive at this point that a breeze could set me off. 

Another long day with the hope for sleep tonight. 

Hope you slept better last night Final.

I did sleep NJS and it was on a lesser night time dose.  Of course I was so exhausted that I'm sure it helped.  Will hold with the doses I have right now till the end of August.  They are uneven but not the way they were and I can work on evening them out when I start to taper again.

How are how you doing? 

Hello, Final!  That’s great that you got some sleep.  How much of your nighttime dose did you move to your daytime doses?  Or, to ask it another way, how many mg’s are you now taking at night?  L

Hello, Final!  That’s great that you got some sleep.  How much of your nighttime dose did you move to your daytime doses?  Or, to ask it another way, how many mg’s are you now taking at night?  L

Hi Libertas,

Yes, it was a relief.

I'm trying to figure out in mgs, how much I moved.  I havent gohied out yet how to convert my pill weight to milligrams yet. 

So I was at 166 pill weight at night, which i knew was  0.415mgs.

I'm now at 146 pill weight at night and have moved those to the daytime doses. 

So my pill weights for the day are:

34 9am

44 3 pm

146 9:30 pm

I have asked someone to help me with the math so hopefully I can answer your question and mine soon.

How are you feeling Libertas?