You know you're withdrawing from Benzos when...

[Ex...]

When the tiny shards of memory you have left try to convince you your pre-benzo self

was a zen master super ninja because you knew how to watch TV. :o

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Ex...]

• [az...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

When most of your family members are convinced you're an addict because they've  watched you sweating and freaking  out while you attempt to cut pills with a razor to very precise  measurements.

You stare at your feet because it feels like your toes just fell off.

You literally slap yourself across the face when you're driving to shake out of the benzodiazepine fog and stay alert.

You buy only prepared food that is easy to grab and eat, cuz you haven't actually cooked in months.

You now read children's books when you once prided yourself on reading complicated adult books, and even then you have to re-read the sentence again to get it. And two days after you've finished the book you don't remember anything about it.

It is 3am and you want to throw your clock against the wall.

You scrutinize tiny pieces of pills wondering if they're close to being the same size.

You spaz around your room looking for the mosquito to kill and realize it's your tinnitus.

You are much too intimately involved in the personal lives of the people on Grey's Anatomy.

Loved this, so many good ones. Especially good are the Grey's Anatomy one and the slapping face while driving. I'm obsessed with the recent episodes of Grey's Anatomy I've missed. I need to know!

This one isn't funny but when I first got sick, I put my sxs into sxs checkers and every weird disease under the sun came up but it wasn't until I entered the constant metallic taste in my mouth that drug withdrawals came up.

You know your in benzo withdrawal when you cant even shower because the faucet scares the beezwax outta you! Hahahaha....lol..😁

A couple times early in acute, I just couldn't shake the feeling that someone was in the bathroom with me and I had to shower with the curtain open. I also shampooed my hair without closing my eyes. Try THAT sometime!

When you get anxious because you suddenly noticed you are not anxious, but you become anxious because you know anxiety is right around the corner.

LOL!! Boy do I know this one! "Hey I just realized I haven't felt anxious today. UH OH, I shouldn't thought that! Now I'm anxious!"

When the tiny shards of memory you have left try to convince you your pre-benzo self

was a zen master super ninja because you knew how to watch TV. :o

This is a great thread! This one cracked me up. I'm glad we can all laugh at ourselves. :D

When the light bulb burns out in the shower and you are afraid to take a shower in the dimly lit bathroom.

When you walk into a crowded grocery store on a Saturday and begin to cry because you are so overwhelmed. When you have a panic attack because you know the person behind you is getting impatient at the checkout while you fumble to use the credit card machine to pay for groceries.

When you begin talking to the last two xanax pills in your prescription bottle but you can't bring yourself to throw them away.

When you start every morning with a mental body scan to see which way you're going to die today.

Hah, so sad. True. Sad. Hilarious.

When even the "Aunt Bea's new hairdo" episode of Andy Griffith is too emotionally taxing. Why, oh why, did she do that?

Haha.

(Too many good ones to note - great job guys !)