Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You know you're withdrawing from Benzos when...

[Ex...]

Great thread!  I heard something like this somewhere:  " When you are watching a  Benzo drug commercial and you run at your TV set like a Silverback Gorilla".

" When you are watching a  Benzo drug commercial and you run at your TV set like a Silverback Gorilla move towards your tv like a sloth because it's all the energy you can muster but you fall asleep 1/2 way there."

fixed that for you

:laugh:

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Ex...]

• [az...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread!  I heard something like this somewhere:  " When you are watching a  Benzo drug commercial and you run at your TV set like a Silverback Gorilla".

" When you are watching a  Benzo drug commercial and you run at your TV set like a Silverback Gorilla move towards your tv like a sloth because it's all the energy you can muster but you fall asleep 1/2 way there."

fixed that for you

Ya, or you forget what you got off the couch for  :-\

When you go to a Benzo site and everyone seems to ignore you.  I just feel so all alone in this sometimes. You feel like this is never going to end.

When you go to a Benzo site and everyone seems to ignore you.  I just feel so all alone in this sometimes. You feel like this is never going to end.

Because people are too busy trying to figure out/find their "new" identities. :)

Try to see this site as a means to an end….that doesn’t mean you don’t reach out to help others if it’s in your power to do so….it just means we all need to be realistic and recognize what landed us here in the first place…desperately wanting to connect with others who understand.

Try to just go with the flow…take what  works and leave behind what doesn’t work for you. We are all aiming for the same goal… to get better… .persistence/patience will pay off. Seriously, where else is there to go to understand our misunderstood condition?

(Yep - i feel this way alot, too.  BB and FB can be like a training ground for self-soothing and self-care some days). 

I know I'm in withdrawal when I think, "I have to finish this container of ice cream so I won't eat it anymore".  And it makes sense to me at the time. WBB

Thank you wannabebetter.  It is good to be noticed  ;D

I felt that way too, at the beginning. You're all not alone. Known about the site for a while and I'm just unrelenting in this taper in that I jumped in an shared and kept responding and replying to posts, etc. because I knew I'd need to get comfortable since I knew I would need you guys really bad this time.

Just jump in and bare your soul. I've heard it said before, 'the more personal you are the more universal you are'... Like you shared about how you're feeling ignored, keep sharing- share and speak up as often as possible. We want to know you and hear from you. I don't think I'm anything too great and I remember feeling the same. Just be persistent and resilient. If you can manage to push through those initial feelings and make your experience yours then I think you'll notice you fit right in. We all do, sometimes it's a matter of being yourself no matter what and letting people get to see that. People are attracted to us when we are ourselves, full stop. You make a place for yourself whether you see one or not, you imagine one if you need or want it bad enough and it's there.

Thank you, Azalea32.  I guess another symptom during this whole mess is that you feel sorry for yourself.  Then you start thinking that no one cares, etc.  I am now trying to post more and ask questions and try to help others if I can.  Thank you so much for replying and the encouragement.  I still can't believe what this drug can do to a person.  It has consumed most of me and I am trying not to let it so much.  Have a great day! 

When you have the ablity to forget completely how loved you are. It's never on purpose, because you need it and to hear it so deeply and desperately... Your ears, mind and heart just cannot seem to absorb the words and actions coming from yourself or others shouting " YOU ARE LOVED ! ! ! "

I have asked my own mother, when I was very quiet  and isolating in the first attempt to come off (feeling like I did not want to be on the planet anymore) " Don't you love me !? " and she told me she had *just said* " I love you. "

I had it happen again, many times... Not just with her. People tell me they care and I do not hear it. It is like there is a glass wall as dense as could be, between myself and the outside world.

Honestly, love to all here. This is nothing short of unspeakably difficult. There are no sufficient words for how lonely, exhausting, painful, scary and challenging this all is. :-\

:smitten: hang in there, so many say it will get better.

Thank you, Azalea32.  I guess another symptom during this whole mess is that you feel sorry for yourself.  Then you start thinking that no one cares, etc.  I am now trying to post more and ask questions and try to help others if I can.  Thank you so much for replying and the encouragement.  I still can't believe what this drug can do to a person.  It has consumed most of me and I am trying not to let it so much.  Have a great day!

Really , truly glad you are here . Thank you so much for wishing me a great day. Hugs

Because people are too busy trying to figure out/find their "new" identities. :)

Try to see this site as a means to an end….that doesn’t mean you don’t reach out to help others if it’s in your power to do so….it just means we all need to be realistic and recognize what landed us here in the first place…desperately wanting to connect with others who understand.

Try to just go with the flow…take what  works and leave behind what doesn’t work for you. We are all aiming for the same goal… to get better… .persistence/patience will pay off. Seriously, where else is there to go to understand our misunderstood condition?

Thank you BlueRose - so true about how desperate we are to connect with others who understand.  Just knowing there are others out there like me gives me hope, especially those that have finished and made it thru.  Thank you for not ignoring me :)  :smitten:

You know you're withdrawing from benzos when you are hypersensitive to noise and ear plugs are your best friends.  ;)

I actually went to a Guns N Roses concert recently and wore earplugs during it.  I have been to tons of loud concerts in my life and never even thought about bringing ear plugs but this time I decided to and I'm glad I did.  It would have probably drven me crazy if I had not have been able to cut the noise level a little bit.

Just knowing there are others out there like me gives me hope, especially those that have finished and made it thru.

You're welcome LaHenz81! And I really can't hear this enough...'there is hope'!! Thank You :)