• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

How is everybody keeping?

I am monitoring how I have felt the last few weeks and fully expect to feel this way after I finish.

Low grade, feeling a bit fatigued.

Tinnitus a bit louder.

Some noticeable cog fog.

That's it. Nothing to write home about.

Mindfulness meditation and a good clean diet.

No sugar, bread, pasta etc. No coffee. One decaf coffee has been introduced. Didn't have that during first 20 months of taper. Any chocolate would result in not being able to fall asleep for a couple of hours.

Walking 5 + miles a day 98% of the time.

Finally I would say a positive mental attitude is key to a smooth taper.

Any sxs I have had, I have met with deep breathing and telling myself this is temporary and will not last.

This too shall pass.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.

This is not permanent!!!!

jp, "Great News" :thumbsup: so happy to read you are plugging along and doing very well. It just shows us that this does not have to be all doom and gloom, it is doable, but we must have a plan and take it "Easy". :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: 

[glow=red,2,300]"KNOCK KNOCK"[/glow] Just wanted to drop in today is day 5 of my 10 day taper, and going well, in fact when I am through next Wed will tell more.... Hope everyone is doing well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Ed

See you have had man flu!

Same here. Had to take cold remedy at night due to cough keeping me awake.

Haven't reacted to it fingers crossed.

As you said in your blog, what a time to get it.

Maybe we are run down anyway.

Hi Begood

Intrigued to know what the big reveal wil be.

Glad things are going well your side of pond.

My big reveal is;

1/2 a mg today👍😳😎😬🤓

Beside the man flu feeling good.

Tinnitus is a little louder but that's it.

Taper has definitely got easier at lower doses.

I have read and been told by Dr's that things get tough at 5mgs

Not true for me.

Then as you step off acute will happen.

Well I don't think so, but will report back in 4 weeks or less!!!

I have a mate who was an addict and besides other drugs tapered off 120mgs of Valium.

He had no acute.

But has forewarned me of physiological change after 20 months of obsessing about tapering and suddenly it's over and there is a big void in your life.

I think my mindfulness will see me over that hurdle.

Have a good day.

A bit of walking and watching sport on to for me today.

👍That is great news, .50mg is awesome, I think that the less we worry about the end the better we are, what will be will be and ruminating just puts us up for a rocky time. I think when it is over there may be a void, but I intend to stay here and try to help, but we will see,  My news is not earth shattering, but I will post on Wed. >:D

Now Mr. jp what is this about man flu.....so now we have a man flu and a woman flu...... :D :D :D, please let me know how it differs..... :). Did you feel like  :stretcher: to a 🚑 or did you "man it out"  :angel:

I am really thrilled for you, soon my friend I will be at .95mg and will only hold for a month. Have a great day over the Pond, sending you a few treats that do not mess with tummy enjoy. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

🥞🌭🍕🌮🍝🍔🍟🥗🍗🍿🍜🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Hi BG Thanks for the treats😁

Great work on tapering.

You have been here before and know what works for you this time around.

Ok, it's a British humour thing!!

Instead of having a common cold we call it man flu.

i.e; Women carry on regardless, but us men with our lower pain threshold have man flu.

In fact, my neighbour yesterday said, in his office they call it seasonal flu, which is even xqworse than man flu!

There was a great advert on tv with two women talking to each other in the street with streaming colds. One said to the other, "how is your husband"? She said, "he's at home in bed with a cold"

😩😩😩

Hi BG Thanks for the treats😁

Great work on tapering.

You have been here before and know what works for you this time around.

Ok, it's a British humour thing!!

Instead of having a common cold we call it man flu.

i.e; Women carry on regardless, but us men with our lower pain threshold have man flu.

In fact, my neighbour yesterday said, in his office they call it seasonal flu, which is even xqworse than man flu!

There was a great advert on tv with two women talking to each other in the street with streaming colds. One said to the other, "how is your husband"? She said, "he's at home in bed with a cold"

😩😩😩

Thanks that is Priceless..... :2funny::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Gang!

Glad to see people doing well on their tapers and very sorry about the Flu.  I've had a hard time knocking back a cold and still have it at day 8. :crazy:

Congrats to BG and jp on moving lower and feeling well. :thumbsup:  And it looks like Ed is getting pretty close to the end. :thumbsup:  I'm plodding along on the LMDT and it's going fairly well.  I'm anticipating a summer "walk-off", but we'll see.

Hope all have a good day! :smitten:

Hi Lynn, great news, I will be right behind you but it will be longer for me, but I intend to meet you at the end of the Tunnel when I [glow=red,2,300]"WALK OFF TOO"[/glow] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi John!

Great news about your most recent cut.  You're really getting there. Gotta update your siggy and own the success now.

Man flu, eh?  Pfft!  :laugh:  Naw, this one was the real deal with auditory hallucinations (??? Is this what one calls hearing things that aren't there).  I think most of us fellows who have survived through this are maybe a step or two above (in pain tolerance) our brothers who haven't had this lovely experience.

I have to say that outside of the "man flu", I'm in a pretty good spot. Tinnitus has cleared up. GI is the best it's been in a while. No real mental paid or strong physical pain.  Last night was just some mild anxiety, leg twitches, and short, pinching muscle spasms. I'm grateful to be feeling better.

Take care,

Ed

Hi Ed

I'll update my sig👍

It's been a downer feeling ill. Knowing what's the cold symptoms or withdrawal.

Glad you have turned the corner and are on the up.

Not long before you are off!

I have read many times that surviving this will make us stronger.

I have survived cancer and this was longer and more protracted.

My wife is sixty in July and I have booked a trip to Cornwall.

Also her brother has booked a luxury hotel all the family in Aug.

I could not have done these trips a year ago.

Or should I say, I would not have wanted to go.

Hi Ed

See you have had man flu!

Same here. Had to take cold remedy at night due to cough keeping me awake.

Haven't reacted to it fingers crossed.

As you said in your blog, what a time to get it.

Maybe we are run down anyway.

Hi Begood

Intrigued to know what the big reveal wil be.

Glad things are going well your side of pond.

My big reveal is;

1/2 a mg today👍😳😎😬🤓

Beside the man flu feeling good.

Tinnitus is a little louder but that's it.

Taper has definitely got easier at lower doses.

I have read and been told by Dr's that things get tough at 5mgs

Not true for me.

Then as you step off acute will happen.

Well I don't think so, but will report back in 4 weeks or less!!!

I have a mate who was an addict and besides other drugs tapered off 120mgs of Valium.

He had no acute.

But has forewarned me of physiological change after 20 months of obsessing about tapering and suddenly it's over and there is a big void in your life.

I think my mindfulness will see me over that hurdle.

Have a good day.

A bit of walking and watching sport on to for me today.

My doctor had a conversation with me about filling the void when jumping off and advised me to over fill my days in advance for a few weeks if not longer, this seems like good advice.

glad to see your taper is going well.

2T

That sounds like very good advice- filling up the days with enjoyable things at jump time. Not only as a distraction, but as a reward to yourself for finally finishing a very hellish journey. A reward well deserved. Good luck to you!

Hi Ed

I'll update my sig👍

It's been a downer feeling ill. Knowing what's the cold symptoms or withdrawal.

Glad you have turned the corner and are on the up.

Not long before you are off!

I have read many times that surviving this will make us stronger.

I have survived cancer and this was longer and more protracted.

My wife is sixty in July and I have booked a trip to Cornwall.

Also her brother has booked a luxury hotel all the family in Aug.

I could not have done these trips a year ago.

Or should I say, I would not have wanted to go.

jp it is amazing what we can go through and survive, so happy that you survived the big "C" :thumbsup:

And very happy that you and Wife can enjoy a nice vacation, and another one in Aug, I think this is called Living a good Life.

You have made my Journey easier knowing that I too can enjoy and deserve a future. Thank goodness I have not rushed off

Of Benzo's :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Begood.

You have far more patience than me.

I have always liked the anology of a lifeboat in recovery terms.

You will be firmly in the boat steering the ship.

I will be the pathfinder for our crew!

I will report back from the other side.

After I jump ship!

Mind you Ed will be first.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Has anyone joined baylissa s group and found it to be helpful in anyway? I was going to join a few months ago but didn't. Do you have to call in, or email once you join or... ..?  Is it like a forum type group? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Begood.

You have far more patience than me.

I have always liked the anology of a lifeboat in recovery terms.

You will be firmly in the boat steering the ship.

I will be the pathfinder for our crew!

I will report back from the other side.

After I jump ship!

Mind you Ed will be first.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I love analogies,  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Has anyone joined baylissa s group and found it to be helpful in anyway? I was going to join a few months ago but didn't. Do you have to call in, or email once you join or... ..?  Is it like a forum type group? Any input would be appreciated.

Hi Hope, I do not know, just have her book, but an idea would be to start a new thread on Withdrawal Support. :smitten:

Hi Hope, I do not know, just have her book, but an idea would be to start a new thread on Withdrawal Support. :smitten:

hi begood i just found out shes not accepting any new clients right now so boo :( but ill keep looking for some type of online counseling. i found another group that might have it. illl go to the withdrawal support to see. thank you. :)

Hi All, I am now at .95mg of Valium, I have to say that I noticed some changes, good ones, the fatigue has lifted a lot, I feel good, I do not feel like a small heavy Man is sitting on my chest at times so the Gut Brain must be healing as I go down. I noticed that I have started having more dreams, and remembering, but still not like before, My sleep is a bit better, but not bad at all, but still better than none at all. I started feeling differently about 5 days into my taper, and it feels great, I can not say Normal for sure, but I feel like a cloud has lifted on my World and I have not had many blips at all. I will just hold for one month from now on, but always subject to change. Just choose a taper plan that works for you, and if it is not working try, try again, Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: 

Hi All, I am now at .95mg of Valium, I have to say that I noticed some changes, good ones, the fatigue has lifted a lot, I feel good, I do not feel like a small heavy Man is sitting on my chest at times so the Gut Brain must be healing as I go down. I noticed that I have started having more dreams, and remembering, but still not like before, My sleep is a bit better, but not bad at all, but still better than none at all. I started feeling differently about 5 days into my taper, and it feels great, I can not say Normal for sure, but I feel like a cloud has lifted on my World and I have not had many blips at all. I will just hold for one month from now on, but always subject to change. Just choose a taper plan that works for you, and if it is not working try, try again, Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: