Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

While things have gone well on my taper, I had a down day yesterday with an emergence of sxs.  Today is a new day and a fresh start.  Sometimes it's mind over matter.  Getting out and doing the things we enjoy is the best medicine!  Back on track! :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn so true, we rest, then we get back on the Horse....,

and do all we can, and just enjoy the day.

We all so deserve some good in our Life. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Ladies

Benzo headache for me today >:( >:(>:(

Still managed my 10 mins of mindfulness this morning though.

Just chilling and walking dogs.

Bit of a benzo celebration today.

Last 1 mg of Valium this morning in pill form.

Tomorrow resume taper using pharma liquid Valium.

So easy to use in the UK as it's 2.5 ml = 1 mg V

So taper tomorrow will be 2.4 ml for 3 days then 2.3 ml for 2 days and repeat.

Takes 2 months to drop 1 mg using this method.

My last mg that is

Hey jp,

Congrats on 1mg! :thumbsup:  I'm just getting ready to start liquid for the last bit (.094mg) and will be taking longer than 2 months.  Probably 4+.  Yikes!  It's a little scary to get lower for me.  I plan to take it pretty slow.

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats on 1mg" :thumbsup:[/glow]

Sorry you are having a headache have you had it checked out to sure it is benzo related, just do what you can.

Having the dogs makes you do things, and that is good, less time with worry.

Remember the lower we go the larger the %, but I trust your judgement to know not to go too fast.

So if you happen to have any problems, do you hold for a while or keep plugging along?

I would like to share with you and Lynn and the Girlz how long I have to go, but it is so many months, that I will just say.

"I still have a ways to go, before I sleep", I think that is a poem.

:hug::mybuddy::clap::socool: that you are close to Recovery. :thumbsup:

Thanks Lynn.

What's the Valium equivalent of your xanax. Just below 2 mgs?

Really enjoy your progress log by the way. Keep writing!

Begood. Def a benzo headache. Right across temples. Feels like my head is in a vice. Actual skull is painful.

Had it a bit yesterday and full on today.

Painkillers don't work either, which they would for a normal headache, me thinks.

Hopefully gone tomorrow, as it's my painting day in the city.

That's my only symptom, besides ever present tinnitus, which doesn't bother me, so can't complain.

Never got on with holds.

I figure when I get off it will be one long hold😀

Hey jp,

I think .094X =  .94V  So we are at about the same place. :)    Painting in the park sounds wonderful. 8) 8)  The weather here is pretty dismal today.  I need to get myself out of the house.  Thanks for the nice words about the plog.  :smitten:

Hi Begood Lynn

I am on my way down to 0mg of Valium.

I started my taper 19 months ago at 2mg of Ativan and spent a month switching to 20 mgs of V.

I did speak to a benzo support worker in Yorkshire who suggested I try 15mgs of V and see how I felt.

I was just so ill with interdose anxiety and scared on Ativan that I bottled it and started on 20 mgs.

My daily deep sadness and anxiety disappeared straight away.

If I had my time again I would try 15 mgs.

Hay ho, water under the bridge, can't go back.

Today I fell really good except as I go lower I am becoming increasingly fatigued.

A real effort to get up out of the chair and start walking.

My daily walking has dipped.

I have gone from 6-8 miles a day to 2-4.

I know compared to others on this site I am doing really well.

On that note I have decided for the foreseeable future to stop reading the scary horror stories.

I am not suffering. I practice mindfulness daily and have no reason to see why this should change when I finish this taper.

I am going to reduce all the way down to zero.

No jumping at .5mgs. Why risk this slow taper for .5 mg.

Is not a great problem if this fatigue lasts for a few months.

It only started at 1 mg anyway.

I am a semi retired artist after all.

I will read Begood, Lynn and moyas posts. I like Edzo posts as well. He does suffer the poor guy, but has a positive mental attitude.

How r my fellow buddie travellers doing today?

Hey you, good to hear that you are going to go on the way down to fumes, that is my plan also, I can not even think of walking off at the smallest cut, just like you said, why would I do that to myself, as we all know, even if our tapers have been good compared to others, we still have had to deal with things. I too have the fatigue that comes and goes, and I used to walk 13,000 steps a day, but if I get 10,000 that is wonderful, and I am climbing the stairs daily, only 81 or more, but hey I am trying right. Anyway I tend to just rest on those days that I am a bit more tired, as I do believe like our precious Brain that has been fighting the war on Benzo's, our body is  :'( for rest.

I am glad that your sadness went away, it is new for me, seems to have come on board about the 2mg mark, and it ebbs and flows, but it is what it is and I just try harder when it hits, it does help me a lot to be here with buddies that are supportive and like minded.

I spent some time reading some of the new stuff that the newbies are taking away from reading posts, and I finally had to shut down, because it is not true. Builder posted many times trying to convince, but it seems once the seed is planted, it has a mind of its own. Oh well, just doing my thing, and reserving my posts.

I am so happy that the feelings you had dissipated when you got off of the Antivan, you are doing well and give yourself a pat on your back, and I am also patting your back, we are in good company here. Glad you have your Art, and wish we could see some of it. Cheerio my Friend. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey jp,

I think .094X =  .94V  So we are at about the same place. :)    Painting in the park sounds wonderful. 8) 8)  The weather here is pretty dismal today.  I need to get myself out of the house.  Thanks for the nice words about the plog.  :smitten:

Lynn33, I read your daily progress log on a regular basis, seems you are doing very well and not letting difficulties get in your way of tapering or living, i am inspired and always feel better when finished reading.

I though the equivalency of X to V was 20 to 1 same as K to V?

Best

2T

Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone.  It sounds like everyone is doing well with a few blips here and there.  I just wanted to report my progress and hopefully give some encouragement to others.  Today I am down to .08 mg of Klonopin.  I am still doing a daily microtaper.  My sfx lessen the lower I go. The last two weeks sfx are pretty non-existent. I am hoping to jump at either .06 or at 04 mg.  I believe for me the fear of jumping and cuts is what triggers my anxiety.  I am trying to keep the mindset of so what if I get side effects after the jump.  I can handle a couple of weeks of extreme sfxs and just knowing that they will get better, it helps me to stay focused and reduce my anxiety for the final push.  I hope all of you that are getting close can find the same hope. For everyone who is at the beginning or middle of their taper just know the more you get the poison out of your system the better you will feel. We all can do this!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Happy Sunday to you also, you are doing great, and only you can decide when you are ready to walk off, but you have had a good taper plan, and you know I have been reading that if you do not go too fast and are reasonable with our cuts, it may not be too bad, I like you will handle whatever I must at the end, having had two failed tapers, only because I was going too fast and cutting too much, I am wary of the final walk off, but so be it, I will like you and others before us, do the walk and handle whatever may come our way. Builder gives me a lot of hope because he did a slow taper and did well, and now he is here helping others, I read somewhere here that it may be just like some our sx's we may feel when we do our cuts, all I know is this time I have been blessed with only minor blips. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. Nice to meet you by the way. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone.  It sounds like everyone is doing well with a few blips here and there.  I just wanted to report my progress and hopefully give some encouragement to others.  Today I am down to .08 mg of Klonopin.  I am still doing a daily microtaper.  My sfx lessen the lower I go. The last two weeks sfx are pretty non-existent. I am hoping to jump at either .06 or at 04 mg.  I believe for me the fear of jumping and cuts is what triggers my anxiety.  I am trying to keep the mindset of so what if I get side effects after the jump.  I can handle a couple of weeks of extreme sfxs and just knowing that they will get better, it helps me to stay focused and reduce my anxiety for the final push.  I hope all of you that are getting close can find the same hope. For everyone who is at the beginning or middle of their taper just know the more you get the poison out of your system the better you will feel. We all can do this!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Great news and good for you.

I am at .039mg of K and plan to drop to .03 next week then make the decision to jump or go to .02 and then jump. The last couple of weeks for me have been pretty good also.

Reading about massive S/X and months upon months of problems after jumping is giving me fits and is the main stimulus for any anxiety I seem to get, I am trying to keep myself from reading problem threads at the moment.

We will get through this I am sure, its just so unknown and long.

regards

2T

Great news and good for you.

I am at .039mg of K and plan to drop to .03 next week then make the decision to jump or go to .02 and then jump. The last couple of weeks for me have been pretty good also.

Reading about massive S/X and months upon months of problems after jumping is giving me fits and is the main stimulus for any anxiety I seem to get, I am trying to keep myself from reading problem threads at the moment.

We will get through this I am sure, its just so unknown and long.

regards

2T

2T Good do not read, I try not either, and right now we have many new members and all the things we have gone through gets hashed back up, but it is what it is like we did they will also find their way. You have done well, what ever happens I have a feeling you will do just fine :thumbsup:

Thank you begood and 2trusting. I think the most important thing to do is listen to your own body.  It sounds like that is what each of you is doing and that is awesome.  Like 2trusting I used to read horror stories of jumping and would give myself panic attacks.  I stopped reading the forum with the exception of a few posts here and there.  If I notice anything negative I avoid it. I feel extremely blessed that I have had a smooth taper.  My worst side effects were very early on and even those were not too awful. Once I reached around .25 mg and under they were greatly reduced which is why I wonder if I can jump at .06 or .04. I will see how I feel next Sunday and make the decision then. Wishing you the very best!  See you all on the other side! :D:smitten:

Hey All,

It's very nice to see all the pleasant conversation going on.  I'm very glad to be a part.  I try to avoid the disturbing threads, too!

Hi Freddy!  Nice to meet you!  We are of a like mind in pacing our tapers.  Best wishes as you reach the end. :smitten:

jp,

I am sure that your energy will return once you are finished fighting this battle - it sure has to be tiring for our brains.  I wish that I could paint.  I wasn't born with any "artistic" genes.  I truly enjoy reading your posts and it's wonderful to have such kind people to "talk" to.  I think we are all going to do well as we finish up our last little bits. :thumbsup:

Hey 2T!  Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.  I think Xanax is 10 times as strong as Valium(?).  I think many of the charts vary.  It looks like you are getting very close to the end.  I've switched to liquid to micro-taper off the last bit.  It's going well and is surprisingly easy.

I think you'll do very well.  It's definitely a good sign that you have felt so well the past weeks. :thumbsup:

Hey All,

It's very nice to see all the pleasant conversation going on.  I'm very glad to be a part.  I try to avoid the disturbing threads, too!

Hi Freddy!  Nice to meet you!  We are of a like mind in pacing our tapers.  Best wishes as you reach the end. :smitten:

Nice to meet you too :)  Nice job on your taper!  It is exciting to be this close isn't it?!  At what point do you plan on jumping? I am dry cutting so I don't think I will have much of a choice past .04 mg.  It is getting harder and harder for the scale to read my cuts.  Fortunately my husband cuts for me so I don't have to stress on it!  :laugh:

Freddy,

I'm not sure how low I will go - probably down to .01.  I just switched to liquid because it became too difficult to cut the small slivers of pills.  I would have had to cut .03mg (xanax) again - a 33% drop.  Just too shocking for the old brain.  Have you considered the liquid?  I really didn't want to deal with it but it's surprisingly easy and very convenient.

Hi Begood and Lynn thanks for your kind words.

Been very cold and sunny here today and managed just under 5 miles today.

What a great thread this is today!

Ready Freddy and 2 trusting.

That's why I am not reading stuff at the moment all this talk of acute when you finish is just not true if you have done a nice slow taper with minimal sxs.

I honestly expect to feel exactly the way I do now.

Which is;

OK

Today I went to my daughters for her partners birthday cake and tea.

Walked the dog.

Watched some football.

No mindfulness, will have to do double tomorrow.

JUST HAD A PLAIN OLD NORMAL DAY!!

I remember I saw a psychologist a few months ago after a great painting session in the city and he said;

"How would your today have been different if you weren't doing a benzo withdrawal"

I thought for a moment and said "it would have been just the same"

Well today was one of those days too!

Don't listen to this acute xxxxxx it ain't going to happen!!

Hi Begood and Lynn thanks for your kind words.

Been very cold and sunny here today and managed just under 5 miles today.

What a great thread this is today!

Ready Freddy and 2 trusting.

That's why I am not reading stuff at the moment all this talk of acute when you finish is just not true if you have done a nice slow taper with minimal sxs.

I honestly expect to feel exactly the way I do now.

Which is;

OK

Today I went to my daughters for her partners birthday cake and tea.

Walked the dog.

Watched some football.

No mindfulness, will have to do double tomorrow.

JUST HAD A PLAIN OLD NORMAL DAY!!

I remember I saw a psychologist a few months ago after a great painting session in the city and he said;

"How would your today have been different if you weren't doing a benzo withdrawal"

I thought for a moment and said "it would have been just the same"

Well today was one of those days too!

Don't listen to this acute xxxxxx it ain't going to happen!!

What a great attitude JP!!  I love your spirit.  You are right, we aren't going to hit acute.  Just like anything in life, remaining positive does a world of good.  Aren't normal days just the best!? If nothing else this whole benzo experience has made me appreciate the little things more than I already did. 

2T keep up the great work and try to stop thinking about the final cut.  I know it is tough but you will get through this like a champ. I can tell you have great strength by reading your blog.  Our minds are often our own worst enemies. I find mindfulness helps greatly.

Lynn how did you switch to liquid?  Any tips would be appreciated :) Or if you can link me to a place that explains it that would be great too! :)

Freddy,

It's very easy.  And there is a great Board on "titration" where builder and sg answer tons of questions (and have a ton of patience!).

I just did the switch 5 days ago.  I switched at .090    very close to where you are on the K

You just need to dissolve 1mg K in 2ml of vodka and add in 98ml water.  You end up with 100ml solution.  Each ml solution equals .01mgs of your pill.  I'm at .090 so I drink 9ml of my solution.  I use the 10ml syringe to draw this amount out of my jar of 100ml solution.  I just squirt it into my mouth.  I plan to drop .001mg/day and this is .1ml - I will use the 1ml syringe for the fractions.  Ex. next I will be at 8.9ml and I will use the larger 10ml syringe to pull out 8ml and then use the 1ml syringe (lines are easier to see for the smaller amts) and draw out another .9ml for a total of 8.9ml  or .089mgs.

I plan to adjust down by .001mg per day which is a reduction of .1ml  It's very easy to make a small reduction each day.  I plan to be off in 90 days if things go well.  I may have to hold here and there is sxs ramp up.

Right now when I mix up 100mls it will last about 11 days.  I just keep it in an airtight jar on the counter.  Just open it and draw out the dose and put the top back on.  You have no weighing and the syringes are very easy to use.

You'll need a 100ml beaker, a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  I got them all on amazon.  I use a mason jar for keeping the solution and got some little 3oz bottles to take on trips.

I really thought this would be a lot of trouble but it's far easier and more accurate than cutting.  I had my pdoc rx the liquid xanax so I have no dissolving to do.

Freddy,

It's very easy.  And there is a great Board on "titration" where builder and sg answer tons of questions (and have a ton of patience!).

I just did the switch 5 days ago.  I switched at .090    very close to where you are on the K

You just need to dissolve 1mg K in 2ml of vodka and add in 98ml water.  You end up with 100ml solution.  Each ml solution equals .01mgs of your pill.  I'm at .090 so I drink 9ml of my solution.  I use the 10ml syringe to draw this amount out of my jar of 100ml solution.  I just squirt it into my mouth.  I plan to drop .001mg/day and this is .1ml - I will use the 1ml syringe for the fractions.  Ex. next I will be at 8.9ml and I will use the larger 10ml syringe to pull out 8ml and then use the 1ml syringe (lines are easier to see for the smaller amts) and draw out another .9ml for a total of 8.9ml  or .089mgs.

I plan to adjust down by .001mg per day which is a reduction of .1ml  It's very easy to make a small reduction each day.  I plan to be off in 90 days if things go well.  I may have to hold here and there is sxs ramp up.

Right now when I mix up 100mls it will last about 11 days.  I just keep it in an airtight jar on the counter.  Just open it and draw out the dose and put the top back on.  You have no weighing and the syringes are very easy to use.

You'll need a 100ml beaker, a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  I got them all on amazon.  I use a mason jar for keeping the solution and got some little 3oz bottles to take on trips.

I really thought this would be a lot of trouble but it's far easier and more accurate than cutting.  I had my pdoc rx the liquid xanax so I have no dissolving to do.

hi Lynn, are you using 80 proof vodka? How have you felt since you first started using the alcohol method? Thank you nicole