Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Nicole,

My pdoc rx'd liquid xanax so I don't have to dissolve the pills in vodka.  2ml of vodka diluted in 98 ml of water is a tiny, tiny amt.  I doubt anyone would notice it.

I'm not sure whether K comes in liquid(?) - also need to check on whether you can use water or need to use milk.  Some pills aren't soluble in water.  Builder and SG are very knowledgeable and the Titration Board is excellent.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy,

It's very easy.  And there is a great Board on "titration" where builder and sg answer tons of questions (and have a ton of patience!).

I just did the switch 5 days ago.  I switched at .090    very close to where you are on the K

You just need to dissolve 1mg K in 2ml of vodka and add in 98ml water.  You end up with 100ml solution.  Each ml solution equals .01mgs of your pill.  I'm at .090 so I drink 9ml of my solution.  I use the 10ml syringe to draw this amount out of my jar of 100ml solution.  I just squirt it into my mouth.  I plan to drop .001mg/day and this is .1ml - I will use the 1ml syringe for the fractions.  Ex. next I will be at 8.9ml and I will use the larger 10ml syringe to pull out 8ml and then use the 1ml syringe (lines are easier to see for the smaller amts) and draw out another .9ml for a total of 8.9ml  or .089mgs.

I plan to adjust down by .001mg per day which is a reduction of .1ml  It's very easy to make a small reduction each day.  I plan to be off in 90 days if things go well.  I may have to hold here and there is sxs ramp up.

Right now when I mix up 100mls it will last about 11 days.  I just keep it in an airtight jar on the counter.  Just open it and draw out the dose and put the top back on.  You have no weighing and the syringes are very easy to use.

You'll need a 100ml beaker, a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  I got them all on amazon.  I use a mason jar for keeping the solution and got some little 3oz bottles to take on trips.

I really thought this would be a lot of trouble but it's far easier and more accurate than cutting.  I had my pdoc rx the liquid xanax so I have no dissolving to do.

hi Lynn, are you using 80 proof vodka? How have you felt since you first started using the alcohol method? Thank you nicole

Thanks so much Lynn!  This sounds very doable and easy.  My scale started wigging out on my small cuts. They are very tiny cuts because I split my dose up twice per day.  Let me make sure I have this right.  Since I am now at .08 mg dose per day ( 2 x .04 mg morning and evening), the liquid equivalent would be 6 mg (or 3 mg twice daily if I continue to split my dose morning and evening), does that sound right?  If so that is super easy. Sheesh, if I had known that I would have been doing this weeks ago!  :laugh:

Nicole,

My pdoc rx'd liquid xanax so I don't have to dissolve the pills in vodka.  2ml of vodka diluted in 98 ml of water is a tiny, tiny amt.  I doubt anyone would notice it.

I'm not sure whether K comes in liquid(?) - also need to check on whether you can use water or need to use milk.  Some pills aren't soluble in water.  Builder and SG are very knowledgeable and the Titration Board is excellent.

oh I'm sorry I read your post and thought that's what you were doing, sorry. I've been on the titration board, I do have a plan worked out with milk, just looking for more confirmation. If you're on Xanax you might be able to answer a question that's been driving me insane. In one of my Facebook groups an admin told me not to use milk as she could not get accurate solubility. However she was on Xanax, I'm on klonopin. I've read a few times Xanax is not fat soluable and won't work in milk. This admin telling me this has been haunting me and making me doubt milk, but if Xanax isn't fat soluable I could stop obsessing about it. I've gotten conflicting answers on the titration board. I've been tapering for over a year now, cannot dry cut anymore. Alcohol and pg are not options for me. Thanks for any insight. Nicole

Freddy,

2 x .04mgs    would be  4ML  for each of your 2 doses (a total of .08 per day).  If you did 3ML each this would total .06mgs

I dose twice a day too.  I do 5ML in the morning and 4ML at night (9ML = .090mgs).  Tomorrow I'll do 5ML and then 3.9ML = .089mgs

I'm not sure whether K is soluble in water so you have to check with Builder on the Titration Forum.  Some have to be mixed with milk.  It really is very easy and lets you adjust your dose in pretty small increments. :thumbsup:

EDIT:  Per Builder, you can use water with K

Nicole,

Since I am using a pharmaceutical "solution" I don't have to worry about milk vs water, etc.  It's only when you are using a suspension (ie dissolving a pill yourself) that you have to worry about this.  I know that some require milk but I don't know which ones. :idiot:

Nicole,

Since I am using a pharmaceutical "solution" I don't have to worry about milk vs water, etc.  It's only when you are using a suspension (ie dissolving a pill yourself) that you have to worry about this.  I know that some require milk but I don't know which ones. :idiot:

ok thank you lynn.

Freddy,

It's very easy.  And there is a great Board on "titration" where builder and sg answer tons of questions (and have a ton of patience!).

I just did the switch 5 days ago.  I switched at .090    very close to where you are on the K

You just need to dissolve 1mg K in 2ml of vodka and add in 98ml water.  You end up with 100ml solution.  Each ml solution equals .01mgs of your pill.  I'm at .090 so I drink 9ml of my solution.  I use the 10ml syringe to draw this amount out of my jar of 100ml solution.  I just squirt it into my mouth.  I plan to drop .001mg/day and this is .1ml - I will use the 1ml syringe for the fractions.  Ex. next I will be at 8.9ml and I will use the larger 10ml syringe to pull out 8ml and then use the 1ml syringe (lines are easier to see for the smaller amts) and draw out another .9ml for a total of 8.9ml  or .089mgs.

I plan to adjust down by .001mg per day which is a reduction of .1ml  It's very easy to make a small reduction each day.  I plan to be off in 90 days if things go well.  I may have to hold here and there is sxs ramp up.

Right now when I mix up 100mls it will last about 11 days.  I just keep it in an airtight jar on the counter.  Just open it and draw out the dose and put the top back on.  You have no weighing and the syringes are very easy to use.

You'll need a 100ml beaker, a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  I got them all on amazon.  I use a mason jar for keeping the solution and got some little 3oz bottles to take on trips.

I really thought this would be a lot of trouble but it's far easier and more accurate than cutting.  I had my pdoc rx the liquid xanax so I have no dissolving to do.

hi Lynn, are you using 80 proof vodka? How have you felt since you first started using the alcohol method? Thank you nicole

Thanks so much Lynn!  This sounds very doable and easy.  My scale started wigging out on my small cuts. They are very tiny cuts because I split my dose up twice per day.  Let me make sure I have this right.  Since I am now at .08 mg dose per day ( 2 x .04 mg morning and evening), the liquid equivalent would be 6 mg (or 3 mg twice daily if I continue to split my dose morning and evening), does that sound right?  If so that is super easy. Sheesh, if I had known that I would have been doing this weeks ago!  :laugh:

klonopin is soluable in milk, creating a suspension. Also can use alcohol or pg which create a solution. None of them are completely soluable in water, but somehow people do use just water but it's not really advised.

Thank you for all of the info regarding liquid titration.  I think I am going to make the switch and go with your advice of 2ml vodka and 98 ml.  This takes the stress off of the tiny cuts!!  I hope everyone has a great weeks. Stay positive, appreciate the little things, and look forward to a benzo free life!  :)

Freddy,

Please check with Builder on the alcohol with water to make sure you don't need to use milk.  I'm confused now! :idiot: :idiot:

Thank you for all of the info regarding liquid titration.  I think I am going to make the switch and go with your advice of 2ml vodka and 98 ml.  This takes the stress off of the tiny cuts!!  I hope everyone has a great weeks. Stay positive, appreciate the little things, and look forward to a benzo free life!  :)

there's lots of advice on the titration board. Sg and builder swear by liquid. Pg and alcohol are preferred because since they're solutions you can keep them longer. Good luck!

there's lots of advice on the titration board. Sg and builder swear by liquid. Pg and alcohol are preferred because since they're solutions you can keep them longer. Good luck!

Thanks hopefree and lynn! I will make sure I check in with him before I start.  I already have my cuts for this week so I have a little time to gather exact info and supplies.  Thanks again ladies and have a great evening!  :)

Yes vodka in water works, some use ever clear. Some use tequila. It's a very small amount diluted in the water. The alcohol is what makes the pills soluable. Propylene glycol works as well to dissolve the pills and add to water. Alcohol and pg with water and milk are the only ways to titrate, I have heard of someone using applesauce and jello too but I don't know about that.  :laugh: but the benzos are not water soluable without the pg or alcohol. However, some people use plain water but you have to drink it immediately and it is definitely not recommended. I ordered some propylene glycol off of amazon but I think I'm allergic to it so I'm scared to use it. But a lot of people do. The Jouybans solubility chart shows how much alcohol or pg is needed to add to the water for complete solubility. Sg put the chart up somewhere on the titration board.

Hi everyone,  I had previously posted in the Ashton taper support group, but I feel like I put a stop to the whole thread. I realized that I probably should have posted here, as my taper hasn't been too bad and I don't want to be discouraging to others. I started the taper at 60mg of V. I dropped down to 3mg from 4 after only a week because my doctor thought I was doing well. I plan on holding here while my hubby is out of town in February. I usually feel my symptoms 3 or 4 days after a cut but this last one seems to have hit the next day and I've been pretty much tied to the couch with flu like symptoms. I'm just scared that the waves are going to start catching up to me and I'm going to get slammed into a wall that I didn't know was coming. Just trying to stay positive,  but pretty terrified of the next drop even if I do .5 instead of 1. This thread has been so encouraging, so I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement... ?

Hi Miss Hopeful.

Glad that you have had a pretty good taper so far, if you are now down to 3mg of valium and are starting to feel the effects it may as you say be better to slow your rate of drop down.

Most on BB would say to drop about 10% of your last dose so that would be around a .3mg drop, I didn't do the 10% of last dose drop but did decrease as I went lower.

You never know though and you may be lucky and bounce back from this last drop and carry on. :thumbsup:

Wishing you luck, people on here are helpful and good natured with plenty of advise.

2T

Hi Miss Hopeful,

I'd probably hold where you are until you feel better.  Cuts have a way of catching up with you and it takes time for your brain to get adjusted.  People can get into trouble when they continue cutting while very symptomatic.  I'd have a talk with your doctor.  Even Ashton says to hold at times.  I don't know if cuts go lower at your level on Ashton(?) but .5 or .25 seems alot more reasonable.  Do you have a supply of V stashed just in case?  I'd def let the doctor know that you have been slammed and can't function at present.

Thank you both so much for the response. My doctor and I agreed that I would stay and hold at 3mg until the 3rd week of February while my husband is out of town. I have an amazing  4 year old to take care of so I need to be somewhat functional for her. If I have a rough month and am still not stable at that time, I believe he will.be fine with smaller cuts. I know better than to rush, I just would really like to be off before summer :). I want to enjoy my time with my daughter before she starts school and I've already missed too much life from benzos.

Hi Miss Hopeful, glad you are here, a great bunch of buddies here. I am thinking also to just hold like your Doctor said, there is no reason to keep tapering when you have sx's as they seem to not get better, but tend to build up and then talk about a  :brickwall: and it seems to do just that. I know you want what we all want to be off, but best to just go with the flow and allow your brain to catch up as Lynn has stated, and it does catch up, this journey does not have to be horrible it can be managed with thinking of the long term goal, to be benzo free and not have too many hard days and most of all to be functional in your life. There are too many stories here on BB of people that wanted to off by such and such date, and it does not happen without much strain on the mind and body, throw out you calendar and you will start feeling better when things settle down a bit and they will. Nice to have you here. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Miss Hopeful

Cannot offer any better advice than you have been given.

I know Begood and Lynn and myself manage our tapers so that we stay as symptom free as possible and hopefully get off these meds symptom free or as near as damn it.

My taper has been ok.

I have managed to carry on with my life fairly normally compared to a lot of unfortunate buddies on this forum.

If your sxs do ramp up and become intolerable you could talk to you doc about dropping .5 mg a month.

You could then daily micro taper that amount.

That would be 1mg every two months.

Quick maybe for some but a lot slower than you are going at the moment.

That is the rate that I taper.

Has anyone held longer than three months. I was at 6-7 klonopin in December 2015, dropped to 3-4 overnight, ten months later dropped to 2.5 klonopin and added 20 mgs valium (long story), did this drop overnight as well. I've been holding for a little over 3 months now and nervous about tolerance withdrawal. Have had some serious life stressor s throughout December and January , then caught flu. I know there's a whole tolerance withdrawal debate. But been on this dose now for over three months and it's making me nervous. Thank you Nicole

The long hold thread is full of people who have held over 6 months and it seems to have done a lot of them a lot of good!

hey kitty I accidentally posted in the wrong group. I posted there. Just symptoms that had abated have come back, just nervous about it. But thank you for the reassurance :)