Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Dose has went up!!  Shit!! Im all over the place! Im on about 50mg valium a day just now and I still feel a little shaky! WTF?? Will need to try and stabilise and then taper, but stabilise first. Hate these f......g tablets!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys! I love this group! I always look for the positives. The scary posts scare me! Can I join you? I had 2 really easy tapers off of K but this third time is very different. I have never felt good on it (depression mainly, anxious). I am making my next cut tomorrow -8%- and I can't fear it! I have a problem with that! I have had a couple of good days this cut - yesterday being one of them but don't feel that great today. I work full time and need to keep it together! I know that our sxs are not linear but really wanted another good day today! Thank you for being here and for this thread!  :smitten:

Hi bb, this is a good group. I am opposite of you I had two horrible tapers straight from hell, going too fast, cutting too much, now this is so much better just blips of sx that come and go quickly and I am functional. If you are not feeling good, why cut?, perhaps you need to just let your body let you know when it is ready, this journey can be horrible or it can be doable, just my thoughts, but glad you are here, jp and all the others are great buddies. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begone,

So you say hold? Even though I've never felt "good" on it? I'm cutting every 11 days now. Any insight would be so helpful. Thank you!

Begone,

So you say hold? Even though I've never felt "good" on it? I'm cutting every 11 days now. Any insight would be so helpful. Thank you!

I would hold till you felt better, then go back to your cutting, seems like if you haven't felt good, maybe you not letting your Brian catch up. I would suggest you go to The Long Support Group and read some of our posts. :)

Hey bb!  Welcome aboard!  Are your wd sxs manageable?  I've had a lot of trial and error (and error and error! :D) but things are going great.  It's a matter of keeping things tolerable/manageable and firmly applying the breaks if things start to go south. :thumbsup: 

Lynn, Hi and thanks! My sxs are manageable. I am able to get up every day and work full time. It seems like some days I just have this low, depressive, kinda anxious feel to me but I walk every day at lunchtime and that seems to help with those feelings a bit for the afternoon. I don't know what holding will really do for me but prolong the feelings. On the upside, yesterday was a good day. I just get discouraged when the low hits again. Maybe time for another cut? Who knows? Just don't want to screw things up.  :-[

BB, I am sorry I was not reading correctly, if you are doing OK, then no reason to hold, I was doing a couple of other things at the same time. Best to you. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are functioning very well and only having mild symptoms.  This is great!  I don't have your signature in front of me but I generally wait at least 2 weeks to make sure that I have seen all of the wd from a cut.  I don't cut unless I feel pretty good.  I hold if I am not doing well.  This has worked well for me.  If things get bad you can reduce your cuts and/or take more time between them.  Most people find that they need to slow down as they get lower.  I'm not having much trouble cutting .03mg every 30 days.  Don't worry too much about how much time your taper will take - the time really does go fast.  Being healthy and functional is so important.  This is not a race. :thumbsup:

Hi Begood

Bestie😘😘😘😁😁😁

All well thanks. Finally no headache today.😁

Today was frantic. Babysitting my daughters chocolate Labrador who was sick to say the least. It was coming out of both ends and had to take him to vets. After treatments he seems to have turned the corner.

Despite this, I had an entirely normal day. 15 mins mindfulness before the above drama.

Cooked dinner for my long suffering wife. Chicken in a cream a tarragon sauce.

Managed to walk 5 miles.

Welcome BB, Lynn and Begood have given you great advice.

Can't add to it. Just listen to your body and slow down if necessary.

I have been tapering for 18 months and the time has flown by.

Just got to make sure I don't listen to my head and rush of this last 1 mg😬

Please come back and let us know how you are getting on.

jp,chicken sounds yummy. :)

Just read your post, quote "Just got to make sure I don't listen to my head and rush of this last 1 mg😬"

Yes do not listen to the benzo lies, I just got through trying to do a mini rush to get to 1mg, and I almost put myself in jeopardy, so stay your ground, going slow and lo works, remember the dosage is higher as we go down, and we must stay strong, I keep reading builders words about his taper, and how he went slow and he had almost litttle sx or none, Hang in there. I am not going to go wild again and I felt the difference, but plowed through, I am just lucky it was not worse. :smitten:

Thanks Begood :thumbsup:

Read thru what you and Lynn were saying yesterday on your blog, about shouting out if you spotted each other trying to rush at the end of you tapers.

All three of us are at a similar low dose now.

Yes it would be crazy to undo my 18 month (so far) slow taper by rushing to get off the last bit!

Thanks again for watching out for me as well.

Lonely old buisiness this benzo withdrawal😳

I'm right with you folks about not rushing the last 1mg. I thought I had given myself a conservative timeline from which to taper off, but it's proven to be a bit too aggressive. So slow down I shall. Like you said, JP, why risk all the good we've done.

Best to all,

Ed

Thanks Begood :thumbsup:

Read thru what you and Lynn were saying yesterday on your blog, about shouting out if you spotted each other trying to rush at the end of you tapers.

All three of us are at a similar low dose now.

Yes it would be crazy to undo my 18 month (so far) slow taper by rushing to get off the last bit!

Thanks again for watching out for me as well.

Lonely old buisiness this benzo withdrawal😳

Yep, learned my lesson and was so lucky.

Hey we are in really good company here with everyone that is like minded.

We won't let you go through this alone, ever.... :mybuddy::thumbsup:

Hello all;

I'm learning the hard way about cutting too fast near the end of my taper.

I held at 3.5 mg for a couple weeks and was really feeling good, then

crashed hard (anxiety and depression) the day before I was about to cut to 3mg.

Today is my first day at 3mg. I feel pretty bad. I just don't want to go backwards.

-Justaman

Hi Justaman

Have you thought about doing a liquid daily taper of the last few mgs?

The best description I have read about the two methods of tapering is this;

Cut and hold is like falling downstairs. It hurts for a while but you get better.

Daily Micro tapering is like sliding down a children's slide. Fairly smooth all the way.

I found cut and hold brutal.

I see we both started tapering in June 15.

You started at a higher dose than me though.

Maybe your fairly quick taper is catching up with you.

Just a thought!

Hi Justaman, I totally agree with jp, and love the analogy about the "falling and sliding", I too am doing the Liquid with my own modifications and I love it. I am just "Sliding on down". I do agree that the pace of a taper is key, go too fast and it is brutal, slow down and allow all to settle and it is like the best thing. :thumbsup:

Lynn good for you, things will be much easier, I hated those bits and pieces of benzo's. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the advice; I will read about the daily taper technique.

I got my Doc to issue the 2mg V pills, so I can hold at 3mg without

messing with my scale, and stabilize for the final push.

-Jman