Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

:);):D:thumbsup:

Great work Begood.

"Steady as she goes" :)

Going into third week with this cold.

Can't shake it off.

Spoiling what should be a celebration tapering toward fumes.

Practice acceptance and a day at a time is required here :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Begood.

Can't shake it off.

Thanks jp, did you know I am the "Mermaid Nurse 🚑" sending you much chicken noodle soup, extra strength and a shoulder if you need one, I am here for you and know that I had the same thing last spring and I do think some of the lingering is from the benzo's seem to take away our Mojo. Peace to you My Friend. :hug::mybuddy::hug:

Great work Begood.

Can't shake it off.

How frustrating for you to get a cold at the very end of your taper. Hope you feel well soon?

I am now really close and expected to drop to .01mg of K today but the benzo gods had different plans and after 14 pretty smooth days decided to throw me some pain yesterday and last night. If I sleep okay tonight I shall drop tomorrow.

2trusting

Hi Beggod send soup vial airmail asap please :laugh:

Yes Benzo flu is weird.

This is def a cold with usual sxs, but as you say maybe a bit of Benz flu mixed in.

Sneezing, runny nose, cough etc

2 trusting

All power to you.

No point rocking the lifeboat!

Stay where you are til you feel comfortable

Is .01 K = 2mgs V ?

When will you jump approx?

I have tinnitus and had it all the way thru taper.

To be honest one of the only times I hear it and it bothers me, is when someone mentions tinnitus on here. Then I hear it.

Or sometimes it suddenly screams and then I am aware of it, but luckily not often.

Yes Benzo flu is weird.

This is def a cold with usual sxs, but as you say maybe a bit of Benz flu mixed in.

2 trusting

All power to you.

Is .01 K = 2mgs V ?

To be honest one of the only times I hear it and it bothers me, is when someone mentions tinnitus on here. Then I hear it.

Or sometimes it suddenly screams and then I am aware of it, but luckily not often.

jp49  0.01mg of klonopin is equivalent to 0.2mg of valium so hopefully low enough that it is not a major shock to my system. I am at .02 k or .4 v now and thought I was doing well until yesterday, today is better but I am tired, the benzo tired where you can't sleep.

Tinnitus is the one thing that worries me about jumping. I got it when my doctor told me taper over 2 weeks last January.

2trusting

Yes Benzo flu is weird.

2 trusting

All power to you.

Is .01 K = 2mgs V ?

jp I have a special courier service called MC Critter, and it is on the way, look out for it. I think it is problably a normal cold, but the benzo causes it to last longer for some reason. Nurse on duty anytime, soup is at your door step as we speak..... :D

Thanks BG very tasy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2T

I am about .4V today.

I will be off around 20th  March.

Tinnitus is weird.

I honestly don't hear it unless I think about it.

It's definitely there, but In the background.

Have you tried any guided mindfulness using headphones.

A great one is sounds and thoughts.

Here is a link;

http://cdn.franticworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Sounds-and-thoughts-meditation-from-book-Mindfulness-Finding-Peace-in-a-Frantic-World-128k.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
[glow=red,2,300]"Knock Knock"[/glow] Just checking in and hope you are doing better jp, it is getting close to your "Walk Off", please know we are here for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hey Gang!

Wow, we've got some here that are very close to the end of this marathon.  Fingers and toes crossed for a mild "walk off". :smitten: :smitten:

I'm doing fairly well on the liquid micro.  I was planning to cut tomorrow - another .005mg xanax.  I am deciding whether to give it a few more days as the neck tension is still kind of bad and the T could be lower.  I really don't notice anything when I'm busy but maybe the better part of valor...?

Thinking of you guys and wishing you a relaxing Sunday with some happiness thrown in. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Gang!

Wow, we've got some here that are very close to the end of this marathon.  Fingers and toes crossed for a mild "walk off". :smitten: :smitten:

I'm doing fairly well on the liquid micro.  I was planning to cut tomorrow - another .005mg xanax.  I am deciding whether to give it a few more days as the neck tension is still kind of bad and the T could be lower.  I really don't notice anything when I'm busy but maybe the better part of valor...?

Thinking of you guys and wishing you a relaxing Sunday with some happiness thrown in. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that I finished my taper last night. So far I only have some ramped up tinnitus. This road can be walked and this road does end.

All the best,

Ed

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that I finished my taper last night. So far I only have some ramped up tinnitus. This road can be walked and this road does end.

All the best,

Ed

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats" Good for you, the battle fought, now just be good to yourself and may your Journey be spent with Joy and Wellness. Just Breath :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Folks!

All the best,

Ed

Way to go Ed!  Will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best! :thumbsup:

Hi Begood and folks

Well done Ed👍👍👍👍👍

I have had a rough month. Could not shake off cough, which was after effect of cold.

Pleased to say it has finally gone.

I am due to finish my taper in 10 days time. maybe even next Sunday!

As of today I am on a 1/5th of a mg.

Besides benzo belly and tinnitus I am symptom free at this stage.

Hi Begood and folks

Well done Ed👍👍👍👍👍

I have had a rough month. Could not shake off cough, which was after effect of cold.

Good to hear you are doing well. I am on .01mg of klonopin that I think is about 1/5th of a mg of valium so the same as you and expect to jump from this next Thursday with Friday being my first drug free day. Sitting here I also have tinnitus and a stiff neck and shoulders but nothing else at the moment.

2trusting

2T

I would join you, but off to the theatre to see Ruby Wax next Saturday afternoon.

Prefer to slide off after that!

Tinnitus has ramped up a bit.

Hi Begood and folks

Well done Ed👍👍👍👍👍

jp :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:  2trusting :thumbsup:

[e1...]
Just posting here to follow. I really appreciate the positive threads, especially when things are at the worst of tapering. The tone of many threads scare the living popcorn out of me. Won't post what I am going through, sure don't wanna change the tone of the thread. You can read my signature below for that. A little positive reading does the heart and mind good! Keep on keepin' on. And for those of you sharing positivity... THANK YOU! KEEP UP GIVING HOPE!!!

Hi Pumpkin.

Don't know your back story.

When I switched from Ativan to Valium I felt so much better.

The interdose anxiety immediately lifted.

The daily crying stopped instantly.

Weird I know, but it worked for me😁

[e1...]

Hi Pumpkin.

Thanks jp49!

Mine is a much typical story like many...I am looking over your signature line now. I have considered maybe crossing over to valium, particularly when I maybe get to 1 mg. I am hoping to go as low as I can on ativan, then maybe a cross over to ease maybe withdrawals, Not sure. I still sit on the fence. I know finding individuals that are directly tapering ativan are rare. And crossing over to valium itself might be tricky. My doctor is retiring this month, so now I have to find a new one. And when you call their offices and say, "I need a new doctor, my doc is retiring, oh by the way, I am tapering off ativan" They aren't exactly receptive.

Hi Pumpkin.

Thanks jp49!

Mine is a much typical story like many...I am looking over your signature line now. I have considered maybe crossing over to valium, particularly when I maybe get to 1 mg. I am hoping to go as low as I can on ativan, then maybe a cross over to ease maybe withdrawals, Not sure. I still sit on the fence. I know finding individuals that are directly tapering ativan are rare. And crossing over to valium itself might be tricky. My doctor is retiring this month, so now I have to find a new one. And when you call their offices and say, "I need a new doctor, my doc is retiring, oh by the way, I am tapering off ativan" They aren't exactly receptive.

I don't know that I would tell anyone that I was tapering off anything.  You just need your rx continued until you are off.  Even my pdoc is of little help in this process.  I don't ask his advice (at the beginning he told me that I need to be on for life) as he seems (?) clueless on wd sxs.  I talk to him every once in a while (2 or 3 times per year) and I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy (crazier?) with this taper.  I find all the advice I need right here on BB.

[e1...]

Hi Pumpkin.

Thanks jp49!

I don't know that I would tell anyone that I was tapering off anything.  You just need your rx continued until you are off.  Even my pdoc is of little help in this process.  I don't ask his advice (at the beginning he told me that I need to be on for life) as he seems (?) clueless on wd sxs.  I talk to him every once in a while (2 or 3 times per year) and I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy (crazier?) with this taper.  I find all the advice I need right here on BB.

I have been doing this, but also when I get my prescription filled month by month since it is so controlled here. I have no choice but to discuss with my doctor, especially since I am also type 2 diabetic and throughout this my blood sugars are very erratic at best. Most doctors in my area will not prescribe unless we are seen in office first, discuss our symptoms, and concerns. I am very blessed that my doctor, though he was the one that reinstated me at a higher dose in order to stabalize, then we began tapering has listened to my concerns and would make suggestions which we would discuss and proceed. Somethings we have tried have worked, others not so much, but he has listened to me and never ridiculed me in anyway. The only time I ever had difficulties is when he got sick and was out of the office and the nurse practitioner could not prescribe them, so she had to battle to find a doctor that would. I simply don't want to blindside any doctor I might replace him with..I want them to know my situation, and as I have my first appointment I have requested my medical records so that they can see fully what I and my previous doctor have been doing, and hopefully develop a similar repor with one another. I am almost down 1 mg from my original dose, and so I am feeling very positive that my current doctor and i are onto something with our last change. BB is great, but overall, they can't give me the ativan I need to completely taper.  :) :) :) So far so good and I really love the positivity of this thread in a forum of horror stories of our struggles. We all need a little positivity! :) This is where I have been coming along with the faith board, to seek the good instead of ingesting all the bad.