3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I jumped last night at .12mgs of Valium.

Today I’m in a wave. Hoping it won’t turn into something unbearable. So many ppl told me to jump once I got to .5 and lower. So many said go to 0. I hope I did the right thing. Questioning everything today. Maybe I should go back on and taper to 0

Congrats CMZ! I agree with Mary, whatever you decide to do, we will support you. I'm sorry you are feeling bad. How are you feeling today?

Hi Tom,

That's great! Down to 1 mg.

I get what you feel like, when you say it feels like you're never going to get off.

I started at 10,75 mg a little over a year ago. Now I'm just below 3 at 2,9 mgs.  Boy, is it hard to get any lower. I too feel I will never get off this shit.

Questions :

How do you cut your 0,1.  Is it in a single cut or daily micro cuts?

Good luck with the rest of your taper.

Hi Tom,

I get what you feel like, when you say it feels like you're never going to get off.

I started at 10,75 mg a little over a year ago. Now I'm just below 3 at 2,9 mgs.  Boy, is it hard to get any lower. I too feel I will never get off this shit.

Questions :

Hi Troch

Looks like you've come a long way. Things got much more difficult for me around 3 mgs, then around 1.2 mg I started feeling a little better. I had two decent weeks and then the last couple of days I've been back in a wave, but I still think it's progress. Up and down as they say, and having more ups lately.

I am using liquid diazepam and a one millimeter dosing syringe. I just do a single cut rather than daily micro cuts. I like the liquid because I don't have to crush and dissolve pills, and I can make tiny reductions if I need to. I've been cutting .05 from the morning and night dose when I cut. If I need to I may start mixing it with water and doing smaller reductions nearer the end.

I feel like the last part of a taper is like landing a plane after a long flight. It's the part I really want to get it right after such a long trip. So many things to consider, like how fast to reduce and when to jump etc.

Good luck man!

I jumped last night at .12mgs of Valium.

Today I’m in a wave. Hoping it won’t turn into something unbearable. So many ppl told me to jump once I got to .5 and lower. So many said go to 0. I hope I did the right thing. Questioning everything today. Maybe I should go back on and taper to 0

Good luck CMZ. I hope you start healing quickly now that you are off, and that the post jump symptoms won't be too bad or last too long.

Saturday, March 21st was my last dose at 0.54mg. I stopped when I just couldn't put it in my mouth anymore.

That's so awesome ImComingUp! Congrats on jumping! I'm right behind you by a few days, just dragging this out a little longer so there are no nasty surprises.

Hi Tom,

Questions :

Hi Troch

Looks like you've come a long way. Things got much more difficult for me around 3 mgs, then around 1.2 mg I started feeling a little better. I had two decent weeks and then the last couple of days I've been back in a wave, but I still think it's progress. Up and down as they say, and having more ups lately.

I am using liquid diazepam and a one millimeter dosing syringe. I just do a single cut rather than daily micro cuts. I like the liquid because I don't have to crush and dissolve pills, and I can make tiny reductions if I need to. I've been cutting .05 from the morning and night dose when I cut. If I need to I may start mixing it with water and doing smaller reductions nearer the end.

I feel like the last part of a taper is like landing a plane after a long flight. It's the part I really want to get it right after such a long trip. So many things to consider, like how fast to reduce and when to jump etc.

Good luck man!

Well said!

Saturday, March 21st was my last dose at 0.54mg. I stopped when I just couldn't put it in my mouth anymore.

Congratulations!!  How are you feeling?  Really hoping you have it pretty easy !!    :smitten: :smitten:

Hi,

Just read that the 3,0 mark down to under 1,3 seems to be very hard for many people. I can tell you I 'm one of them.

So many physical symptoms. Dizziness being just one of them.

Good luck.

Two days ago, I said f#%&* it, I'm jumping...and I did! It seemed the lower my dose got over my ten-week taper, the better I felt. I had nothing left to lose.

Since October 2019, my entire experience with benzos and z-drugs was paradoxical. These drugs caused more anxiety and insomnia than I ever had originally. I've had some awful medical issues and emergencies throughout life and this was by far the worst experience ever. I honestly thought I was going to die either by my own hand or by the side-effects of these horrible drugs. I've never experienced suicidal thoughts until taking z-drugs and benzos. What an awful, miserable drug!

Since October, I've developed some powerful coping skills to restore my sleep and significantly reduce my anxiety including meditation and hypnosis. I'm also taking massive fistfuls of natural supplements to rebuild my brain and keep stress down. Never again will I touch another benzo or anti-depressant.

All I have left to taper off is the mirtazapine, which I'll wait a couple of weeks, to allow the valium to get out of my body first. Luckily, I never experienced weight gain from mirtazapine, which is one of it's worst side-effects.

I'll wait a months or two before I write my success story, just to be sure there are no nasty surprises waiting for me.

Two days ago, I said f#%&* it, I'm jumping...and I did! It seemed the lower my dose got over my ten-week taper, the better I felt. I had nothing left to lose.

Since October 2019, my entire experience with benzos and z-drugs was paradoxical. These drugs caused more anxiety and insomnia than I ever had originally. I've had some awful medical issues and emergencies throughout life and this was by far the worst experience ever. I honestly thought I was going to die either by my own hand or by the side-effects of these horrible drugs. I've never experienced suicidal thoughts until taking z-drugs and benzos. What an awful, miserable drug!

Since October, I've developed some powerful coping skills to restore my sleep and significantly reduce my anxiety including meditation and hypnosis. I'm also taking massive fistfuls of natural supplements to rebuild my brain and keep stress down. Never again will I touch another benzo or anti-depressant.

All I have left to taper off is the mirtazapine, which I'll wait a couple of weeks, to allow the valium to get out of my body first. Luckily, I never experienced weight gain from mirtazapine, which is one of it's worst side-effects.

I'll wait a months or two before I write my success story, just to be sure there are no nasty surprises waiting for me.

Congratulations on being benzo free! I hope you heal quickly and uneventfully.

Anyone experience flushing? Lately I've been having headaches and my face gets very red. I've noticed the red color is worse when my waves are worse. I haven't had this before, and I think it started once I got down to one milligram.

I had a week where I felt better than I have in quite some time, and then the last week it's been back into a wave.

At 2,85 mgs.

Tapering off is really very hard to do. Need long holds after a minor cut. Going to take ages to get off. Ughh

At 2,85 mgs.

Tapering off is really very hard to do. Need long holds after a minor cut. Going to take ages to get off. Ughh

You are coming down though Trouch and the long holds, will hopefully give your body an opportunity to learn to stabilize without the drug, which is a huge thing.  ;).  LY.

Anyone experience flushing? Lately I've been having headaches and my face gets very red. I've noticed the red color is worse when my waves are worse. I haven't had this before, and I think it started once I got down to one milligram.

I had a week where I felt better than I have in quite some time, and then the last week it's been back into a wave.

I'm not that low yet, but my biggest cuts were the last few months and my face Is Red blotches.  People are commenting...looks like rashes.

Yeaaaa! Congratulations!

Hey everyone! Hope you're all staying healthy and reasonably sane!!  :smitten:

Question for you all:

I'm at .8mg. I've been cutting .1mg every 1-2 weeks or so, but slowing now to every 2 weeks. Am trying to balance out continuing to taper as planned with not unnecessarily taxing my immune system too much during the COVID surge. My worst symptoms are anxiety (which is not horrible) and insomnia (which IS horrible). After the cuts I don't sleep hardly at all for a few days.

So I'm wondering what if instead of cutting .1mg every 2 weeks, I cut .05mg and hold maybe 7-10 days. I guess I'm wondering if it's better to make the cut and just hold to stabilize or if smaller and more frequent cuts might be easier on my system. Any thoughts or experiences?

Tak, not sure there is an answer here, either one would be better.  Which one sounds like your body would adjust to it better?  I think I would prefer the one with the hold, but either one would probably work.  And if you don't like what you have picked after some time, try the other.  Just my thoughts.

Take care and be safe.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I do! I have been thinking about wether or not this is related to the Valium, but I bet it is. I have experienced it a lot the last couple of months. I haven't had the head ache but all of a sudden my face becomes red, and it usually stays like this for several hours. It almost looks like I am having an allergic reaction. So weird..

Hi,

It might have something to do with high levels of histamine. Just saw a posting on how Diazepam blocks the DAO enzyme. You could try finding it. It was first posted in Withdrawal. But was moved to Chewing the fat.  I discovered I was eating several bad things, high in histamine. Good luck.

At 2,85 mgs.

What kind of timeline are you looking at?

When do you aim to jump - 0.5 mg or less?

I'm aiming for 1 year from now to drop from 5mg.

It does seem to get harder but I plan to continue cutting at least 10% every 2 weeks.

If my maths is correct, that will be about a year.