3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi everyone, I'm at 4 MG for the last 14 days. My next cut Is possibly tonight If I choose.  My next cut will be down to 3 MG.

Lonely that is a very big cut, it's 25%.  Are you sure you want to do that large?  You are getting very low and now would really be a big disappointment to set yourself back.  Please give it a good thought before cutting that much.  Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi,  Good point.. I'll cut 0.5 like I did last time Instead.  Be down to 3.5,  I might wait another week. I'll decide tonight. Hope all Is well Mary.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

new to the forum  :).

I am currently tapering off diazepam. I started on 20mg and its been a slow process but I am now on 2mg (been on this dose for 1x week). I have been dropping my dose by 0.5mg every 3 weeks. I found that the most comfortable for me.

I am now worried going from 2mg to 1.5mg in a few weeks, I think that maybe to much of a drop. I have withdrawals at the moment anxiety, body aches, feel distant etc. I find the withdrawals normal last a few weeks.

Is there any tips please guys dropping my 2mg does to another dose?

I have purchased some digital scales to see if i can lower the dose more accurately. Maybe cut the 2mg tablets into 6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Plasticman  :)

Hi guys

I am currently tapering off diazepam. I started on 20mg and its been a slow process but I am now on 2mg (been on this dose for 1x week). I have been dropping my dose by 0.5mg every 3 weeks. I found that the most comfortable for me.

I am now worried going from 2mg to 1.5mg in a few weeks, I think that maybe to much of a drop. I have withdrawals at the moment anxiety, body aches, feel distant etc. I find the withdrawals normal last a few weeks.

I have purchased some digital scales to see if i can lower the dose more accurately. Maybe cut the 2mg tablets into 6.

Thank you

Hi and welcome. I think you'll find that most people make smaller cuts as they get lower, even as small as 10% of their current dose. Many people switch to liquid to easily make smaller cuts, but some split tablets and weigh them. It can be done either way. If you want to know more about liquids, that is usually discussed on the  Titration Board.

This thread is not as active as it used to be, but I'm sure others will see your post and come back to give some support.

You might also want to check out the Easier Taper Support Group.

Best wishes to you!

Hey

thank you for your reply  :)

Yeah just watched a video on tapering with digital scales, which I found very helpful  :)

Think I will give that a try when I want to move on from 2mg.

Thanks for the links, will check them out. Can use all the help I can get.  ;)

Kind regards

Plasticman

Hi guys

Thank you

I am currently at 2 mg. It has been a bear these last few cuts so you might want to take it easy on your percentages. I am dry cutting my 2 mg into a half and then each half into 3. Its not that precise, but 6 more cuts and I can begin to really truly heal. Keep up the great work! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Good Luck!

:o so bizarre how you can go from feeling on top of the world to a shaking crying mess in seconds. I just keep telling myself, symptoms are clouds, they pass. But you are the sky....observing all, detaching the self from the symptoms that descend when you are tapering. Gosh i can barely wait for these last cuts to be over and done.😁😜 tgif everyone! Hang tough!

Thanks for the reply guys  :)

Yeah just waiting on some digital scales, but I think I will do the same with my 2mg tablets. Weigh the tablet, then divide the tablets weight by 6 and then cut off or file off a 6th of the weight, every 3 weeks. I was thinking of maybe doing at a slower rate of taking off an 8th of the weight and then reducing every 2 weeks, hmm not to sure which to do  :-\

Yeah the withdraws are very frightening sometimes. I woke up at 2am this morning having a nightmare covered in sweat. I feel as you say semi ok one minute then warped the next. I do some meditation every day which seems to help also.  :)

We just have to plod on and remember we will all get through this and to remember we will get better, just takes time guy  :)

Hi guys

Thank you

I am currently at 2 mg. It has been a bear these last few cuts so you might want to take it easy on your percentages. I am dry cutting my 2 mg into a half and then each half into 3. Its not that precise, but 6 more cuts and I can begin to really truly heal. Keep up the great work! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Good Luck!

Ditto keep it up, you are also doing well and stay strong.  ;)

If you don't have digital scales maybe worth getting some. Instead of cutting up the pill, why don't you weigh the pill, then divide by 6 then take that off the total weight and then cut or shave off a 6th of the total weight. Would be more precise  :)

How quick will you lower your dose? Every 2 or 3 weeks

Hi guys

Thank you

If you don't have digital scales maybe worth getting some. Instead of cutting up the pill, why don't you weigh the pill, then divide by 6 then take that off the total weight and then cut or shave off a 6th of the total weight. Would be more precise  :)

I like your weight divided by 6 idea, but cannot afford to waste the throw away. I just have to live with the imprecision of breaking a half a 2mg into approximate thirds.

Hi guys

Thank you

I like your weight divided by 6 idea, but cannot afford to waste the throw away. I just have to live with the imprecision of breaking a half a 2mg into approximate thirds.

They don't cost as much as you think  :) but I totally understand.

Good luck with your tapering  :)

We can do this  ;)

Finally made it to 3 mg. 3rd day and bearable.

Good for you! I hope it continues to go well for you.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Today is a milestone. Day 1 at 1.66 mg. Valium, you are no friend to me. Time to break up. :-\ we will take it slow but we are breaking up!

Today is a milestone. Day 1 at 1.66 mg. Valium, you are no friend to me. Time to break up. :-\ we will take it slow but we are breaking up!

Congratulations! I am just behind you at 1.74 mg. This is definitely the slowest breakup ever.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice work guys  :)

I am just behind you guys at 2mg, then will go down to 1.75mg in a few weeks.

Keep on going guys, we can do this  ;)

Hi all. I've been on Valium and Ambien for over 10 years. Found BB about 5 years ago and starting tapering. Crossed Ambien to Diazepam and started tapering at 20 mgs D. Because of personal issues I've been holding at 1 mg for 2 years but am now ready (I think) to start again. At present I feel pretty good: very little brain fog, slight tinnitus. I do have a hard time finding the right words to say in a conversation and my sleep is not as good as I would like. I plan to do a liquid taper of .01 ml/day and hope to finish in 100 days. I'd like to hear your stories when you got below 1 mg and how you managed.

Hi all. I've been on Valium and Ambien for over 10 years. Found BB about 5 years ago and starting tapering. Crossed Ambien to Diazepam and started tapering at 20 mgs D. Because of personal issues I've been holding at 1 mg for 2 years but am now ready (I think) to start again. At present I feel pretty good: very little brain fog, slight tinnitus. I do have a hard time finding the right words to say in a conversation and my sleep is not as good as I would like. I plan to do a liquid taper of .01 ml/day and hope to finish in 100 days. I'd like to hear your stories when you got below 1 mg and how you managed.

I've found liquid micro tapering to be a godsend. Granted, I'm not on Valium, I'm on klonopin, but being able to have micro cuts at low doses is awesome (I'm at about .02mg/day). As said before, it's like taking a ramp downwards rather than jerky steps like a staircase. I sure couldn't handle .01 cuts per day, but k is a ton more concentrated than Valium, so I bet you'll be ok. Rock it all the way to the finish line!!! You'll do great because you said you're ready. That's more than half the battle!

Hi friends!  I’m also on the slow break-up train. I hit 1.50 on Sunday and I’m microtapering. My pace is slower than I thought it would need to be and there are days I wonder if I will ever see the end of this taper. I’m taking out .01 mg every 3 days. At this rate I’ll be off in 15 months. It’s already been over 5 years. I don’t know many people who had to deal with trying to come off as long as I have been at it, which makes me feel even more alone. I watch with amazement as people taper out at slow speeds my body cannot even handle. I’ve seen so many come and go on with their lives and I’m still here suffering. It’s getting harder for me overall, not easier, as I get lower. I keep praying I’ll hit a place where my body finally will be healed enough that I will feel better to speed this up.

I think this pandemic hasn’t helped. In the beginning in April, it did. And now it’s just misery here in FL. It’s too hot to be outside for any activities that are ‘safe’ and i don’t feel comfortable doing anything indoors with others because of the virus. I have two kids who are home with me 24/7 and they’re just bored to pieces. I also can’t drive because of my withdrawal (visual vertigo, plus unresolved PTSD from a last car accident which is now magnified because of the withdrawal).  I’m starting to lose some ability to cook meals- there are times my system just goes into overload and I literally feel like I’m going to pass out while trying to follow a recipe.

I keep reminding myself of the bigger picture. That this will pass. That I have good days. That there are still things I can do and I need to not take those things for granted. That this virus will eventually be resolved and we can go back to enjoying life again. (And I thought it was difficult before trying to keep up with soccer games and dance competitions... I wish we had those events to look forward to now!).

Thanks for letting me vent guys. I know you’ll understand  :'(

I could buy digital scales online for about £15.

Is it a good idea would you say?

Is it better to cut a little? I could cut 0.5 mg each time without scales, but maybe too much under 3 mg.

Hi friends!  I’m also on the slow break-up train. I hit 1.50 on Sunday and I’m microtapering. My pace is slower than I thought it would need to be and there are days I wonder if I will ever see the end of this taper. I’m taking out .01 mg every 3 days. At this rate I’ll be off in 15 months. It’s already been over 5 years. I don’t know many people who had to deal with trying to come off as long as I have been at it, which makes me feel even more alone. I watch with amazement as people taper out at slow speeds my body cannot even handle. I’ve seen so many come and go on with their lives and I’m still here suffering. It’s getting harder for me overall, not easier, as I get lower. I keep praying I’ll hit a place where my body finally will be healed enough that I will feel better to speed this up.

I think this pandemic hasn’t helped. In the beginning in April, it did. And now it’s just misery here in FL. It’s too hot to be outside for any activities that are ‘safe’ and i don’t feel comfortable doing anything indoors with others because of the virus. I have two kids who are home with me 24/7 and they’re just bored to pieces. I also can’t drive because of my withdrawal (visual vertigo, plus unresolved PTSD from a last car accident which is now magnified because of the withdrawal).  I’m starting to lose some ability to cook meals- there are times my system just goes into overload and I literally feel like I’m going to pass out while trying to follow a recipe.

I keep reminding myself of the bigger picture. That this will pass. That I have good days. That there are still things I can do and I need to not take those things for granted. That this virus will eventually be resolved and we can go back to enjoying life again. (And I thought it was difficult before trying to keep up with soccer games and dance competitions... I wish we had those events to look forward to now!).

I'm right there with you as far as it being a long haul. I've been pumping klonopin into my system for 25+ years and tapering for 5+. Super, super slow due to my mega-high sensitivity to meds (anything, actually) and the stressors of working full-time, surgeries, wife cancer, yada, yada, yada. I started the taper at 6mg klonopin/day which is equal to about 120mg of Valium/day. So, I get your point. Just try not to look at the big picture...take a day at a time, do what you need to do that day, then forget about things and move on with daily life. You'll get there! I still have a ways to go, but hopefully to be completed by the end of the year, who knows?! Today is the first day of the rest of your life :)

Bless ya!

Jeff

I could buy digital scales online for about £15.

Is it a good idea would you say?

Is it better to cut a little? I could cut 0.5 mg each time without scales, but maybe too much under 3 mg.

Dry cutting is the least accurate way to taper. Using a scale will improve accuracy and allow you to taper more incrementally. Amazon has the Gemini-20 jewelers scale, that is what most people use.

Congrats on making it to 1.5 mg! We all do what we have to to get to the finish line. Begood, another member tapered very slowly off a “low” dose and is doing well at almost 8 months benzo free. I have been trying to taper off benzos since about two weeks after I started taking them in 2017. It takes some of us a while, but we will all get there. Being a parent and dealing with benzo withdrawal seems impossible sometimes. I get it. My son is 5 and trying to keep up with him is so much harder now. It sounds like you recognize the good things you have in your life and gratitude will help.

Hello.  I am suffering so much...  can I jump at 1 mg?

Long story, but 3.5 years of suffering since Mirtazapine short term somehow pushed me into acute.  Tried to slow taper, switching from clon to valium.  Nonfunctional and just took part of valium dose and it increases the vibrating, pressure, lack of focus.

If current meds are 1 to 1.4, estimate mg  and about 6 mg ambien,  but I know valium is a culprit, can I cut it in half for a few days and stop it?  Keep the ambien for now?

Just in awful shape.  Not sleeping for years makes it all worse-- body can't take all the stress.    Thanks.

Hello.  I am suffering so much...  can I jump at 1 mg?

Long story, but 3.5 years of suffering since Mirtazapine short term somehow pushed me into acute.  Tried to slow taper, switching from clon to valium.  Nonfunctional and just took part of valium dose and it increases the vibrating, pressure, lack of focus.

If current meds are 1 to 1.4, estimate mg  and about 6 mg ambien,  but I know valium is a culprit, can I cut it in half for a few days and stop it?  Keep the ambien for now?

Just in awful shape.  Not sleeping for years makes it all worse-- body can't take all the stress.    Thanks.

Ambien acts on the brain in a similar way to benzos. You will likely not feel better even if you stop taking the Valium because the ambien is still on board. I don’t have any wisdom there to help, but I do want to say that you can and will do this. You have already gotten so far. Hang on to each and every glimmer of hope you get, they will keep you going.  :smitten:

Barbara, I am so sorry you are suffering so, but jumping at 1 mg can be taking a big chance.  Can you try to get down to at least .5.  I know it's hard but I believe it would be better for you.  Good luck.  Mary 💜💜😷