3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hello.  I am suffering so much...  can I jump at 1 mg?

Long story, but 3.5 years of suffering since Mirtazapine short term somehow pushed me into acute.  Tried to slow taper, switching from clon to valium.  Nonfunctional and just took part of valium dose and it increases the vibrating, pressure, lack of focus.

If current meds are 1 to 1.4, estimate mg  and about 6 mg ambien,  but I know valium is a culprit, can I cut it in half for a few days and stop it?  Keep the ambien for now?

Just in awful shape.  Not sleeping for years makes it all worse-- body can't take all the stress.    Thanks.

I second the motion about not jumping at 1 mg. I plan to do a micro-taper of .01 ml liquid Diazepam which will take me 100 days. Slow and steady wins the race, BYW, I crossed my Ambien over to Diazepam

Hi friends!  I’m also on the slow break-up train. I hit 1.50 on Sunday and I’m microtapering. My pace is slower than I thought it would need to be and there are days I wonder if I will ever see the end of this taper. I’m taking out .01 mg every 3 days. At this rate I’ll be off in 15 months. It’s already been over 5 years. I don’t know many people who had to deal with trying to come off as long as I have been at it, which makes me feel even more alone. I watch with amazement as people taper out at slow speeds my body cannot even handle. I’ve seen so many come and go on with their lives and I’m still here suffering. It’s getting harder for me overall, not easier, as I get lower. I keep praying I’ll hit a place where my body finally will be healed enough that I will feel better to speed this up.

I think this pandemic hasn’t helped. In the beginning in April, it did. And now it’s just misery here in FL. It’s too hot to be outside for any activities that are ‘safe’ and i don’t feel comfortable doing anything indoors with others because of the virus. I have two kids who are home with me 24/7 and they’re just bored to pieces. I also can’t drive because of my withdrawal (visual vertigo, plus unresolved PTSD from a last car accident which is now magnified because of the withdrawal).  I’m starting to lose some ability to cook meals- there are times my system just goes into overload and I literally feel like I’m going to pass out while trying to follow a recipe.

I keep reminding myself of the bigger picture. That this will pass. That I have good days. That there are still things I can do and I need to not take those things for granted. That this virus will eventually be resolved and we can go back to enjoying life again. (And I thought it was difficult before trying to keep up with soccer games and dance competitions... I wish we had those events to look forward to now!).

Thanks for letting me vent guys. I know you’ll understand  :'(

I think you're doing it exactly right, going as slow as you can and holding when you have to. We're not in a race. Sometimes going too fast will mean paying for it down the road.

I am paying for it now!  I have to hope I don't have to go ambien to valium because I can't.  Valium is horrible.  I don't have options.  Huge symptoms and my body is worn down this has gone on so long.

Desperate, really

I am paying for it now!  I have to hope I don't have to go ambien to valium because I can't.  Valium is horrible.  I don't have options.  Huge symptoms and my body is worn down this has gone on so long.

Desperate, really

I'm so sorry Barbara. I've only been on Valium so I don't have any experience with the newer generation benzos (klonopin thread maybe?). Before I found BB I tried to CT and it was hell on earth so I know, maybe in a small measure, what you're going thro. Have you tried to find a benzo wise doc?

Yes. 

3 1/2 years of this I just don't know how to keep going. 

Sorry to complain but so hopeless and feel so helpless and alone.

Yes. 

3 1/2 years of this I just don't know how to keep going. 

Sorry to complain but so hopeless and feel so helpless and alone.

Hang in there.

The only way out is through.

It will pass.

Long story, but 3.5 years of suffering since Mirtazapine short term somehow pushed me into acute.  Tried to slow taper, switching from clon to valium.  Nonfunctional and just took part of valium dose and it increases the vibrating, pressure, lack of focus.

If current meds are 1 to 1.4, estimate mg  and about 6 mg ambien,  but I know valium is a culprit, can I cut it in half for a few days and stop it?  Keep the ambien for now?

Just in awful shape.  Not sleeping for years makes it all worse-- body can't take all the stress.    Thanks.

Barbara I would no way jump from 1 mg. If you're determined to come off, I'd taper 0.10 mgs a month and you'd be off in ten months. Remember it's just my take. You're already unstable so jumping would most likely make you feel much worse. Rooting for you 🙏

Barbara I would no way jump from 1 mg. If you're determined to come off, I'd taper 0.10 mgs a month and you'd be off in ten months. Remember it's just my take. You're already unstable so jumping would most likely make you feel much worse. Rooting for you 🙏

Just curious, how do you taper at . 10 mg/mo? Long holds?

Hi jwl. I'm a dry cutter. I have a jewelry scale available on Amazon. I cut once a month or longer. I crashed, updosed and held 7 months. You can see my signature. Now I'm cutting at turtle speed (and still feeling it). But my brain is very messed up, you can see my ziggy.

Oh jwl, the past June 4th my doctor switched me to two different brands : a 2mg leo pill plus liquid for the remaining 0.20. The change of brands feels worse than a cut for me. I wish I'd kept dry cutting Valium.

Hi jwl. I'm a dry cutter. I have a jewelry scale available on Amazon. I cut once a month or longer. I crashed, updosed and held 7 months. You can see my signature. Now I'm cutting at turtle speed (and still feeling it). But my brain is very messed up, you can see my ziggy.

So you make a one time cut of . 1 mg every month? The thing I like about about daily titrations is you make a small cut every day (or 2-3 days) so your body has time to gradually adjust. But everyone has to find what works best for them.

So you make a one time cut of . 1 mg every month? The thing I like about about daily titrations is you make a small cut every day (or 2-3 days) so your body has time to gradually adjust. But everyone has to find what works best for them.

I’m sure Vali will chime in, but I’m pretty sure they’ve mentioned that daily titrations were too much for them and decided to taper via dry cut.

I’m sure Vali will chime in, but I’m pretty sure they’ve mentioned that daily titrations were too much for them and decided to taper via dry cut.

Yes we're all so different. That's why I tend to ignore those who have the perfect method. I can see how when you make a one time cut every month you get hit with sxs and they gradually go away whereas if you make daily cuts youre having sxs throughout the taper.

Hi guys. It's a matter of preference I guess. Valium is a long life drug and has a long half life. I want to feel the effects of the cut before deciding if I can make another one. I fear with daily micro tapering the cuts could pile up on each other and I could suddenly crash. I've seen this happen to many buddies. So I know it works for many but I'm scared of it. Also, the whole jar business is simply too much for me. When I crashed, it wasn't the system that failed. I simply sped up and went too fast at the end because I read the Ashton manual and it says to cut much faster than I needed to go. So now I don't follow manuals, I follow what my own brain tells me.

Hi guys. It's a matter of preference I guess. Valium is a long life drug and has a long half life. I want to feel the effects of the cut before deciding if I can make another one. I fear with daily micro tapering the cuts could pile up on each other and I could suddenly crash. I've seen this happen to many buddies. So I know it works for many but I'm scared of it. Also, the whole jar business is simply too much for me. When I crashed, it wasn't the system that failed. I simply sped up and went too fast at the end because I read the Ashton manual and it says to cut much faster than I needed to go. So now I don't follow manuals, I follow what my own brain tells me.

I totally agree, listen to your body not some manual.

Hi there,

I’m about 7mg now but Seriously having WD sxs.

Do Most of you have bad WD at this point?

How fast do you go?

Hi there,

I’m about 7mg now but Seriously having WD sxs.

Do Most of you have bad WD at this point?

How fast do you go?

Hi Holly, I've been waiting for others to chime in  as I've been gone from BB for about 3 years. A taper is a very individualized thing because we all respond so differently. I think the rule of thumb is to not reduce more than 10%/month but that was way too fast for me. It looks like you dropped 13 mgs from 20 in a little more than 4 months. That to me seems kinda fast and probably why you're having bad WD sxs. Did you ever stabilize from your CT and reinstatement? I think it would be helpful if you held at your present dose until the symptoms become manageable

Holly I agree with everything that Jwl said.

Jwl, was 10% too fast for you? At what rate would you plan to resume taper now? 5%?

Jwl, was 10% too fast for you? At what rate would you plan to resume taper now? 5%?

I'm tapering at 1%, in other words it'll take me 100 days to reduce 1 mg. I wish I hadn't lost my taper profile because I know I tapered a lot more aggressively early on. I think it was 10%/2 weeks then about halfway 10%/month. I think I started micro tapering at around 5 mg

I'm tapering at 1%, in other words it'll take me 100 days to reduce 1 mg. I wish I hadn't lost my taper profile because I know I tapered a lot more aggressively early on. I think it was 10%/2 weeks then about halfway 10%/month. I think I started micro tapering at around 5 mg

Hi Jwl. I think if you taper 10% a month and you start off with 1 mg, that would be aprox 0.10 a month (rounding it up), and it would take you ten months. That means that if you're coming off in 100 days which is a bit more than three months, you're tapering at more than 10% a month. Nothing wrong with that if you can handle it. Many people do.

You're right I get a little confused about the percentages. I'm glad you mentioned that. I might shoot for tapering the last 1 mg in 6 months. First I have to C/O to liquid and hold for awhile

I guess I'm confused. If I taper my last 1 mg at a rate of . 01 mg/day how is that not a 1% reduction?

Dear it will be 1% a day, which would be 30% a month, that's why you'd be off in a bit more than three months, unless I'm missing something.

I guess I'm confused. If I taper my last 1 mg at a rate of . 01 mg/day how is that not a 1% reduction?

Dear it will be 1% a day, which would be 30% a month, that's why you'd be off in a bit more than three months, unless I'm missing something.

That makes sense. What is your taper like? What method?

That makes sense. What is your taper like? What method?

It's cut and hold remember? Currently trying to cut around 0.10 a month after a long long hold after a very bad experience. You can check it out in my signature. Though my psych dr. has just told me to please hold till september as I'm quite symptomatic and he doesn't want to see me again like I was last summer I suppose.