• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ki...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [me...]

Ok that mid dose was ok. I hate increasing in the daytime butI know thats next. I know V is long acting but 1- 1 1/2,hrs after even that tiny dose I get that headache. But I am very grateful its working on those jello legs and spastic muscles.

Thanks again for holding my hand through this yall- Im so glad I didnt listen to the docs. Got an appt next Thursday to talk to her about long term plan.

Mid dose worked out ok again. Im wondering if its ok to swap a little more night dose x for night dose v and go slowly, maybe keeping it bottom heavy ( since my doses always have been night only) and my wd symptoms are minimal right now maybe just progressing forward this way for a bit might be good? Since the V seems to be very long lasting with me...any thoughts?

Mid dose worked out ok again. Im wondering if its ok to swap a little more night dose x for night dose v and go slowly, maybe keeping it bottom heavy ( since my doses always have been night only) and my wd symptoms are minimal right now maybe just progressing forward this way for a bit might be good? Since the V seems to be very long lasting with me...any thoughts?

every .5mg V is ~4%...every .25mg is ~2%.  Go by how you feel.  If you feel ready, inch forward.  I think the V is going to work out for you.

I think if I can keep it bottom heavy and go slow it might be that I can still work some. I hope so. If I swap V eqiv of 1 mg weekly thats 12 weeks to being off X. I think thats kind of average for a lot of folks? Thank you again for the help. I hope it keeps working- the only way to know is to try.

I think if I can keep it bottom heavy and go slow it might be that I can still work some. I hope so. If I swap V eqiv of 1 mg weekly thats 12 weeks to being off X. I think thats kind of average for a lot of folks? Thank you again for the help. I hope it keeps working- the only way to know is to try.

It is common for people to cross in 1-2 months (~2-4% a day).  12 weeks would be quite slow, but it takes what it takes.  Hopefully you will be able to go faster than that.

What is "bottom heavy"?

Night heavy. Not much in the day- like I am doing with the xanax. I spent all day frazzled and annoyed, impatient, bitchy, headchey and tired but still minimum muscle spasms....

I could try increasing 2% a day, maybe a little a day is a good way to do it?

I think it is the gentlest way.  You could try planning on 2% a day and hold if needed.

Im a wuss, so Im going to give it a shot. I can probably do the math on 2% as well. Ha.

Yesterday sucked but hopefully today will be better.

Thanks again!!

I guess since my scale isnt as precise as others am I safe going from

X .4875/ .5 x 130g= .127 minus 2% to now be .125

and

V from .75/2 x .168g= .063g plus 2% now .065?

I cant get a smaller number on my scale, bah.

Im going to have to liquid microtaper when I grow up.

If I did that right I can take off my training wheels until I change pill strengths....

I guess since my scale isnt as precise as others am I safe going from

X .4875/ .5 x 130g= .127 minus 2% to now be .125

and

V from .75/2 x .168g= .063g plus 2% now .065?

I cant get a smaller number on my scale, bah.

Im going to have to liquid microtaper when I grow up.

If I did that right I can take off my training wheels until I change pill strengths....

2% of total dose.  In terms of V your dose is 13.4mg.  2% of that is .268mg.  The amount of X that equals this is .0134mg.  These are your swap amounts.  The weights that equal these are...

X: .0134mg/(.5mg/.130g)=.0035g

V: .268mg/(2mg/.168g)=.0225g

So for each 2% swap you drop X by .0035g and increase V by .0225g.

It makes me very tired, but not sleepy. It is slowing my respiration a little, that was my main concern about valium. I will find out when I go to the doc next week if its too low. Not gonna put the cart before the horse though and just hoping that 12 mg isnt gonna lower my oxygen too much. I asked in a few places but didnt get any responses...

I never slept more on valium. It made me super tired and loopy but it did nothing for sleep for me.

I have  heard the same thing feom others when i was dealing with that, so it seems it is not uncommon.

Then others slept fine on it.

I just know, KB,that eventually sleep will return. Some days i suddenly slept long and then some nights, not more than a few hours,

I never slept more on valium. It made me super tired and loopy but it did nothing for sleep for me.

I have  heard the same thing feom others when i was dealing with that, so it seems it is not uncommon.

Then others slept fine on it.

I just know, KB,that eventually sleep will return. Some days i suddenly slept long and then some nights, not more than a few hours,

Since off the K and on V sleep is bad k is a better sleep aid but do not recommend it ! V seems to wear off fast feel calm for 3 hours then wham feels gone IMHO k and v are way different I bet a lot others feel this way also be interesting to hear! Thanks!!!!

I can ALMOST function where I am now if I slept a few hours more. I almost wish I could just stabilize here and start tapering off the xanax since the valium is working to keep those nasty wd symptoms down. Im hoping taking more benadryl helps. Unisom hasnt done anything the last few nights but it did work one night. Muscle spasms coming back a little but Moo, you said its usually not till you get halfway crossed before the wd sx come under control so hoping once I get there... There is that hope..

Moo, I hope things improve with your family- you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

CanDo, its interesting to hear valium didnt help you sleep much either...

I can ALMOST function where I am now if I slept a few hours more. I almost wish I could just stabilize here and start tapering off the xanax since the valium is working to keep those nasty wd symptoms down. Im hoping taking more benadryl helps. Unisom hasnt done anything the last few nights but it did work one night. Muscle spasms coming back a little but Moo, you said its usually not till you get halfway crossed before the wd sx come under control so hoping once I get there... There is that hope..

Moo, I hope things improve with your family- you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

CanDo, its interesting to hear valium didnt help you sleep much either...

It can take a bit of time , yes, to get fulky used tot he valium. Or actually, it needs a bit of time to build up in your system. And when it has, it should by then cover the withdrawal symproms of xanax and make you settle better. Thats kind of the idea. No inter dose withdrawal, etc.

I was also very surprised that i didnt sleep better on the stuff. I was loopy and super tired but no real sleep much at first. That came a bit later again.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I luckily didnt have to deal with muscle spasms too much .

Im slowly working my way up the valium scale and even at this low dose I see why people arent fond of it. My docs appt is Thursday and I will get her to check my oxygen levels. I cant believe this low a dose would be really making a dent in it but it feels like it is. If it is and she wont approve me increasing, Im up a creek and will need a different paddle. Hoping its just sedation but it feels like Im just not breathing as often as I was before and it was already low.

Last night X (weight) was .121 and V was .108. Cant work out what that is right off but its going in the planned direction.

Valium is nice for muscle spasms but everything else just swapped one symptom for another...

You might find an amount of V that is enough and stop there.  Crossing fully to V is not required.  But if V doesn't work out then you'll need to find another benzo.

I have seen a few people use valium as a way to hold down the wd symptoms and just taper off their original drug. I had asked around early on but couldnt find anyone other than someone who was on multiple drugs - wondering how it worked out for someone else. Its worth having as a back up plan I guess. I hate the idea of switching back and forth- seems like people that do this have more problems. I know everyone has to find what works for them and sometimes its trial and error. I will hold where I am for a day or two and see how it works. At least I had a good day Thursday, and I slept about 4 hours last night thanks to Advil PM and a piece of cake...

Thank you so much for listening/ helping/ everything....