Xanax to Valium crossover plan needed- finally got script

[Ki...]

I cant see how much I updosed. I just did bad math. I meant to take off an equivalent dose but subtracted my nightly " swap" reduction amount instead of my small dose eqivalency. To me it looks like its pretty close but my head hurts so bad I just dont trust my math other than the night swap which is a constant number.

I dont want to updose- Im really hoping the valiums " muscle relaxing" properties kick in and help the spasms.

I was at 13.6 V . I had originaaly been at 11.25 V but that was without the ambien , 2.5 so it looks like Im already updosed from where I was at the start.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ki...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [me...]

SG if you are on today can you help me see where Im at V total by my post above? I just want to make sure Im still the same daily total.

I guess for now instead of adding to night V I will take away from the night X total and divide that V equvalent between the day doses until I can figure out how to get the numbers into the way Moo described it. Thanks yall- I really do appreciate all the help!

Kitty

Yesterday

.017 x 2 am

.021v 4 am

.017x 6 am

.021v 10 am

.017x noon

.021v 3 pm

.017x 6 pm

Bedtime-

.175 v

.107x

So no wonder I slept better? I took an extra whole dose of valium (.021g) and only subtracted .0035 x

( the hours are off but the totals are correct)

Yesterday

.017 x 2 am x1.91mg/g=.032mg

.021v 4 am x11.7mg/g=.246mg

.017x 6 am x1.91mg/g=.032mg

.021v 10 am x11.7mg/g=.246mg

.017x noon x1.91mg/g=.032mg

.021v 3 pm x11.7mg/g=.246mg

.017x 6 pm x1.91mg/g=.032mg

Bedtime-

.175 v x11.7mg/g=2.05mg

.107x x3.86mg/g=.413mg

X: .128mg+.413mg=.541mg

V: .738mg+2.048mg=2.79mg

V equiv: 13.6mg

It looks fine to me.  You need to work harder at figuring this out for yourself.

One more question if anyone has time- Im switching from a 2 mg valium pill to a 5 mg pill. I have to use 2 different numbers in my xanax dose because I use my .5 mg pill for large night dose and a .25 pill to divide up my day dose.

My 2 mg v pill weighs .170 and my 5 mg pill weighs .158.  Can anyone work that out for me so I can have a new daily number to work from since thats a pretty big difference? I can work out the daily deductions and increases now that I had another night with some sleep. Thank you!

One more question if anyone has time- Im switching from a 2 mg valium pill to a 5 mg pill. I have to use 2 different numbers in my xanax dose because I use my .5 mg pill for large night dose and a .25 pill to divide up my day dose.

My 2 mg v pill weighs .170 and my 5 mg pill weighs .158.  Can anyone work that out for me so I can have a new daily number to work from since thats a pretty big difference? I can work out the daily deductions and increases now that I had another night with some sleep. Thank you!

Hi Kitty,

Old 2mg V: 11.8mg/g

New 5mg V: 31.6mg/g

So just use 31.6 where you used to use 11.8.

Hi KBB, how are you feeling with the Valium? Is it getting better? I'm on my first day of Valium and I felt pretty good this morning, but a bit tired this afternoon. I suppose that will improve? (also planning to reduce dose).

I have to say your math questions boggle my mind! You can't take everything a one time?

Math is not something I could do even before this mess.  Last time I tried to work something out o my own it was disaster! But having the newnumber sg figured out for me I will be able to get it straight- I will try to figure out the new numbers tomorrow with the 5 pills. I had weird day doses because I only took it for sleep and the tiniest amount in the day made me tired. But now Im adjusting so I can start working towards a normal schedule.

Going up slow Im not getting daytime drowsiness but Im not sleeping- last night I laid in bed till 5 and went in the other room and slept an hour. It gets old. Im still jittery so I cant make jewelry, so now Im going to be without insurance in a week but I can get into a health sharing thing so thats good.

No bad problems with the V. Hopefully I will be able to sleep once the dose gets higher.

Glad you are getting adjusted meowie!

This is probably just as stupid a question as all my questions but when I swap over from

2 mg v pill .170g

5 mg v pill 160g

Will the number I use to increase my percentage of valium change?

Presently Im adding .025 g in V and decreasing .0035 in xanax.

Will changing pill strength change the .025 number?

Im sure this is obvious to everyone in the world but me but I still cant do anything other than add or subtract one number from another. I dread changing xanax strengths, I might just refill the .5 so I dont have think about this stuff.

I madecit up to .283g v and .095x at night so im getting there keeping my day doses .068g x and .42 g v.

On a good note my husbands chemo seems to be working well so theres something good here

Thank you all again for holding my hand through all this shit. I know there arexa lot of people on here that need help and I really appreciate yall dealing with my stupidity. I know once I go downward I can do better, just one drug...

This is probably just as stupid a question as all my questions but when I swap over from

2 mg v pill .170g

5 mg v pill 160g

Will the number I use to increase my percentage of valium change?

Presently Im adding .025 g in V and decreasing .0035 in xanax.

Will changing pill strength change the .025 number?

Im sure this is obvious to everyone in the world but me but I still cant do anything other than add or subtract one number from another. I dread changing xanax strengths, I might just refill the .5 so I dont have think about this stuff.

I madecit up to .283g v and .095x at night so im getting there keeping my day doses .068g x and .42 g v.

On a good note my husbands chemo seems to be working well so theres something good here

Thank you all again for holding my hand through all this shit. I know there arexa lot of people on here that need help and I really appreciate yall dealing with my stupidity. I know once I go downward I can do better, just one drug...

It's not a dumb question, it's confusing.  What matters is mgs of V, right?  The 2mg and 5mg pills have a ratio of 31.6/11.8=2.68.  This means the 5mg pill delivers 2.68x more V per whatever the 2mg pill weight is.  So if the 2mg pill weight is .025g then only .025g/2.68=.0093g is required for the 5mg pill to equal that amount of V.  The new swap amount would be .0093g V for each .0035g X.

So your .283g of V with the 2mg pill would become .283g/2.68=.106g with the 5mg pill.

OMG I understand that! I think I do anyway, I will write it in my poor notebook that looks like something from one flew over the cuckoos nest

Thank you SG, I hope I can stay straight with that for a while 🌻

Ummmm well this is interesting. My doc thinks 10 mg is enough to swap over so thats all I get this month. I have some extra 2 mg pills, probably 30 or so and I still have a chunk of the 5 mg pills left. Right now Im about a third of the way swapped over. So thats shorting me 3.6 mg valium on my end point. . Since most ppl seem to drop real fast at first should I just hang on to as many of these for later so I can get close to 13.6 total then drop a mg every other week, it looks like I will be able to get kinda close to that? At least she seems ok with me staying on it for a while but I may have to try and drop down fast at first and hoard to taper slowly later on. Ugh! Could be worse and maybe it wont be so bad but aaaargh. I think this has happened to a lot of people....

But isnt that bad? I already did that a few weeks ago, one tiny rescue dose.

Im supposed to go down not up?

And how much of an updose was that?

I thought updoses were BAD.

I can take some X off today and add more valium in and even it up since it was only 11 hours ago

Im still a jelly legged fumble fingered spastic mess but I took my unisom and inositol and finally slept.

Which is nice. May have just been from updose.

Updosing is not necessarily bad at all.  It gets you farther from zero and may not help, but...it might have been what made you feel better.  That's a very good thing.  I'm just saying it might be worth it to try it.  This is not an addiction withdrawal where the only choice is to keep moving lower.  It's a CNS injury.  You are trying to manage damaged receptors.  You are trying to remove a poison while keeping your brain and CNS functioning normally.

SGthank you for posting that. I think that needs to be posted all over this board. It really is a hard thing to understand at first but once it makes sense, a lot of things start falling into place. Its ok to walk sometimes instead of running. Thank you!