Xanax to Valium crossover plan needed- finally got script

[Ki...]

Better today. Headache that wont quit which is probably from the constant tension but its better with the valium. Just spacey, nervous but no big deal. Happy today is much better than yesterday.

My only concern about valium is the more I read- low respiration? I already have low respiration. Im hoping the valium dose is considered low enough as to not be an issue...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ki...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [me...]

Better today. Headache that wont quit which is probably from the constant tension but its better with the valium. Just spacey, nervous but no big deal. Happy today is much better than yesterday.

My only concern about valium is the more I read- low respiration? I already have low respiration. Im hoping the valium dose is considered low enough as to not be an issue...

Do you feel ready to add more?  If so, I'd recommend using .5mg V as your swap amount as this is ~4% of your total dose.  You can trade this for .025mg X.  You can probably do this every few days as you feel ready.

And Im taking that off my night dose which last night was .5 so now I have to take it off of that pill- it weighs .130- probably just shave it off?

Thanks, a little at a time is probably good. Can I start a tiny bit of tapering during a long crossover if I have a good solid week?

And Im taking that off my night dose which last night was .5 so now I have to take it off of that pill- it weighs .130- probably just shave it off?

Thanks, a little at a time is probably good. Can I start a tiny bit of tapering during a long crossover if I have a good solid week?

No, I would not taper when crossing.  I think that would be a big mistake.

I would leave the other doses alone and chip away at the night dose.  It would be .025mg worth, whatever that is in pill weight.  I'd add the V in to both V doses, i.e., 10pm and 10am.  Or you could alternate night, day if you wanted.

Since v is so long acting is it just for convenience to do once a day dosing or does taking it at night help with sleep? I was splitting the dose now to help with idwds....

Ok I will stick with a very slow crossover to hopefully help minimize any breathing, extreme drowsiness stuff... thanks so much!!

Since v is so long acting is it just for convenience to do once a day dosing or does taking it at night help with sleep? I was splitting the dose now to help with idwds....

Ok I will stick with a very slow crossover to hopefully help minimize any breathing, extreme drowsiness stuff... thanks so much!!

There are people who need to dose V four times a day if you can believe it.  It is long-acting in general, but that can vary from person to person.  Two doses a day is common...every 12 hours.  Some people dose more at night, but I think it is more important to keep doses even.

This actually is not a slow crossover.  It will end up taking about the same time as larger steps, but will be more comfortable.

WHOA damn Im gonna have to go real slow with this. I didnt even add to my dose last night and could barely get out of bed. Is that normal on 1 mg? I know they say the sedation wears off some after a few weeks. Does going really slowly allow for adapting to this? I am a serious drug lightweight- xanax for some reason hit a sweet spot with me and seemed to be the one thing I could take in a normal dose- everything else they gave me I had exaggerated reactions to. My Mom was the same way. I dont want to mess this up- Im going to stay at 1 mg today and divide the day dose in half since some people need to dose multiple times a day- I dont know what mine should be yet... Then take the other half at bedtime?  I was really hoping to be able to start working again soon.  I do appreciate the lack of insanity, thats for sure. Just wondering if going slow means allowing for adaptation better

PS AMBIEN GONE

Did you replace the ambien with X?

You'll just need to go slow and see how you tolerate the sedation.  It should wear off.  As near as I can see it always does.

Sounds like the V is already curing the interdose symptoms?

Yes my night dose was an even 5.0 same as what we worked out for day before- removed A... I just kept the same schedule we worked out for the day before. The night before I did lick the ambien tablet then threw it away but last night I didnt lick any tablets. That makes me happy. Interdose symptoms are tolerable now- not gone but so much better. And I did sleep, half a calms forte and half a unisom when I took my 2 AM X dose. I guess right now I still need the 2 am x dose....

Thank you!!!!

X .03 6 AM

V .25 9 AM

X .03 noon

V .25 3 PM

X .03 6 PM

Bed dose .5 X .5 V

2 AM .03 X

So when I add in my next V can I add .5 to the night dose, then my next addition split it between the 2 day doses, alternating? And subtract total from night dose of X. Soon I will be able to move it back to where I take X and A same time but not yet. Modified Moo schedule, working my way there

X .03 6 AM

V .25 9 AM

X .03 noon

V .25 3 PM

X .03 6 PM

Bed dose .5 X .5 V

2 AM .03 X

So when I add in my next V can I add .5 to the night dose, then my next addition split it between the 2 day doses, alternating? And subtract total from night dose of X. Soon I will be able to move it back to where I take X and A same time but not yet. Modified Moo schedule, working my way there

So .62mg X and 1mg V.  That's equivalent to 13.4mg V.  And the ambien is gone.  Good.

I like to keep doses even, but with V it is not as important.  I think it would be okay to add it all to the night dose this time.  But definitely keep all the X doses the same and remove all X from the night dose.

It seems like V is doing the job.  Things are looking up.

SG Oooh isnt that higher than what we had thought originally!  We came up with 12 V... And 11.25 on Moos plan...I didnt updose accidentally did I ? Maybe I was supposed to take that 2 am X dose off of my bedtime dose? Or maybe its from the ambien, that could be it. Just seems high on the valium equivalency..

Yes I will keep all the x doses except the daytime the same and remove only from the big nighttime dose. THANK YOU for helping me get off the short bus. I probably just forgot to include the ambien in that equation!

SG Oooh thats higher than what we had thought originally!  We came up with 12 V... And 11.25 on Moos plan...I didnt updose accidentally did I ? Maybe I was supposed to take that 2 am X dose off of my bedtime dose? Or maybe its from the ambien, that could be it. Just seems high on the valium equivalency..

Yes I will keep all the x doses except the daytime the same and remove only from the big nighttime dose. THANK YOU for helping me get off the short bus

It was the ambien.  Don't worry, you're on a good path here.

I followed doctors orders and did a straight crossover, (in fact raised to higher amount Valium) for 1 week, I've had no problems except sedation from Valium. I've also been able to taper 1mg a day since the switch with no problems. Once down to equivalent I was at Xanax I'm going to slow down taper but probably still go at least 1-2mg/week until I hit a problem. Everyone is different. My antidepressant is helping a lot and I have a pretty high tolerance for sxs, so each their own!

Good luck with your plan Hooefull- sounds like you found something thats working well for you- thats great!

I never mentioned this- I used to take tons of supplements- since this shit hit the fan I put a few back in the cabinet but I must say I think 2 are really helping with this- inositol and dopa boost. I left those off the other day- not sure if that added to my horrid day or not. But I think it might have. Today was ok except the sedation and dropping things, which I am trying to turn into some kind of game so as to not get annoyed by it.

Am I right in thinking we have to be careful not to sit too long at one dose because tolerance sets in again? Get steady just long enough to start moving down?

Am I right in thinking we have to be careful not to sit too long at one dose because tolerance sets in again? Get steady just long enough to start moving down?

I don't subscribe to that.  I'd hold as long as you want...no limit.

I see that all over the forums- I was just wondering if that was a general consensus. Glad to hear its not.

Adding .5 V, taking away .025x, making dose reduction from .5 x to .475. Pill weight was .127 now will be .120 ? Had husband do math haha

I hope that was right- I took 1 mg v at bedtime instead of .5, subtracted .025 x for a total of .475 x bedtime dose. Not sure if it was the switch or overeating a little because of valentines day but slept terrible, felt like I was having my breathing measured by an iron lung half the time and the other half just has trouble catching my breath. I did get maybe 3 hours sleep I think, the unisom is still with me. Anyway, not a total disaster but highly unpleasant. I probably should have waited or gone up in quarters.... Once you go you dont go back do you? I should have waited.

I don't see why you can't go back if you want to.  It is the opposite problem when going from a long-acting to a short-acting: your body gets MORE than it is supposed to for a little while.  If you feel you need to go back I'd do it.  You have control over this.

could anyone help me split the difference in my last 2 doses?

I did .5 x and .5 V one night- next night I did .475 X and 1 mg V. I think I need an in between dose to stick with for a few days. I came up with .4875 X and .75 V but not sure what weights would be

X .5 pill weighs .130

V 2 mg pill weighs .168

Did I get my dose right and can anyone help me with the weight?

Thank you if you can!

could anyone help me split the difference in my last 2 doses?

I did .5 x and .5 V one night- next night I did .475 X and 1 mg V. I think I need an in between dose to stick with for a few days. I came up with .4875 X and .75 V but not sure what weights would be

X .5 pill weighs .130

V 2 mg pill weighs .168

Did I get my dose right and can anyone help me with the weight?

Thank you if you can!

The dose is equivalent to 10.5mg V.  I get the same doses as you: .4875mg X and .75mg V.

X weight: (.4875/.5)x.130g=.127g

V weight: (.75/2)x.168g=.063g