Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Heart stuff ❤️

[Sh...]

[Sh...]

Anyone else having trouble with their heart? 
mine feels like a fish flopping around in my chest the last couple of days. This happens at least once a month and lasts a couple of days. 
exhausting 🙁

I’m nearly 3 years out x

[...]

Hey Shayna,

I also have heart issues. Mine sometimes flips around in my chest and it pounds so hard I can feel it in my feet. I wore a heart monitor for a week but the doctors said everything is normal. I totally understand how it can make you feel exhausted. I’m so tired of my body and brain behaving abnormally.

• Sad 1

[...]

Maybe try a little potassium when it occurs.

If that doesn't help, try a little magnesium.

Be sure you're getting enough salt.

• Love 1

[re...]

Hey there Shayna this is maybe gonna sound so counter productive, but exercise (not too intense right away, but definitely work up to it) will keep those things at bay. The more your heart is 'working' on a regular basis the better all around for the muscle of it and those nasty things you describe. I too get weird heart issues as I taper lower, but I find the exercise gives me a "well I worked out pretty hard today and didn't pass out so my heart must be good" It is kind of mental positive affirmation to me. And my BP/Pulse has been amazing thus far. Since you have been cleared by the docs you could really get some good cardio going. It may amaze you how good you will feel. Forget  just the heart the MIND too. 

• Love 1

[...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I can’t remember if we’ve spoken about this before? Okay so not just me. Sorry to hear u get it too mate. 
The last 2 days have been rough for me. I shed quite a few tears. Definitely having that feeling of defeat. I miss being well this week. I’m tired of the battle. 
when my heart plays up I feel breathless. It’s horrible. I’ve had heaps of tests too and they just say I have arrhythmia. But it can be hard to do anything on the days when it’s bad. 

I attribute my heart problems to a lack of sleep. Everything you read tells you that the body requires sleep to stay in good health. I feel the same way when my heart starts acting up. Breathless, extremely fatigued, chest is real tight. I hope you are able to get past this. It sounds like you’re well on your way. My sleep problems are mostly from these myoclonic jerks that I get as I’m falling asleep and they also happen when I wake up. Maybe someday they will go away and I will be able to rest peacefully again.

[Sh...]
5 hours ago, [[r...] said:

Hey there Shayna this is maybe gonna sound so counter productive, but exercise (not too intense right away, but definitely work up to it) will keep those things at bay. The more your heart is 'working' on a regular basis the better all around for the muscle of it and those nasty things you describe. I too get weird heart issues as I taper lower, but I find the exercise gives me a "well I worked out pretty hard today and didn't pass out so my heart must be good" It is kind of mental positive affirmation to me. And my BP/Pulse has been amazing thus far. Since you have been cleared by the docs you could really get some good cardio going. It may amaze you how good you will feel. Forget  just the heart the MIND too. 

U are 100% right Rev. I work out pretty hard but the last few days I’ve been so fatigued from the heart stuff I haven’t done much. But in my mind I’m thinking I have to go for a run to knock it back into the right Rhythm so thank u for reinforcing that.
I’m pretty fit generally it’s just knocking me hard atm 

• Like 1

[ka...]
19 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Thanks evn x 

I drink electrolytes every day so sodium and potassium are covered but I’ll try salt and magnesium x thanks for the tip.

what kind of magnesium do u reckon? 

I would do Mag glycinate easier on the stomach start small low dose and see if anything, if nothing I would not scrap it right away go low and slow. The one I use has turmeric and ginger  so a little immunity but not sure how u feel about it

https://www.amazon.com/Vimergy-Magnesium-Glycinate-180-ct/dp/B086PZNLTC

• Love 1

[Sh...]

Thanks kabobs! 
ok I think this one helps u poop too which is a bonus. Thanks honey x 

I took some of my hubby’s magnesium yesterday and had no problems so I think I should be ok to try this. 
I salted my water too. 
but the thing that helped was I made myself go for a run. Had a nice night with hardly any palpitations. This morning I’m not feeling great. Already a big headache. Sometimes it feels like I’m not getting enough blood/oxygen to my brain when I get these episodes. Then I get these crazy headaches 

[ka...]
5 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Had a nice night with hardly any palpitations. 

:smitten:

• Love 1

[az...]

I had some heart pounding stuff here and there during the taper and post taper.  I notice it's far more likely to happen after a carb and fat heavy meals.  Buttered pancakes with maple syrup, breaded shrimp with mayo based dipping sauce, burgers and fries, etc.  Those kinds of meals trigger it more often than not.  I'm 34 years old and maybe 15lbs over my usual healthy weight so it's probably benzo related more than anything else.