Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Translator.

I want to stop them! I will stop them!

But I had to reinstate. If I hadn’t I would be dead.

Please stop going on at me.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Hi,

Glad I found this thread.I'm in pain now,shoulder.. :-[..I am old.But, my past ativan usage does contribute to my muscle pain issues.

Sorry you are in pain Cakemaker. It’s not fun.

I am amazed at how much pain the Diazepam has been covering the last 20 years.

Cake: I read this in Ashton's manual: If, for example, you have a little pain before, then it gets worse during the healing. But if you had no pain before, there is plenty of hope that it will go over. So hopefully, this will go away when everything is over. I also belong to the elderly here on the forum, but together we can do this! :)

Okay, so someone suggested that I try a turmeric supplement.  So I have made my own tea, with turmeric, ginger and black pepper and some unpasteurized honey.  Will this help?  I have no idea, but I am giving it a shot. 

I had a headache yesterday, that spanned about 10 hours of my day, and it was definitely caused by my neck and shoulder tension.  I had a massage the day before and I think it caused the headache, by stirring everything up.  I still think the massage was beneficial, but just maybe too much. 

GreenCup: We are in a very difficult situation, and get aches and headaches of both healing and tension. I often feel bad, in the abdominal fat, it`s like a very hard "plate" over the stomach area. It hurts when I press, but understand that these are very hard tensions in the muscles. I think, it's probably the same for both you and me, getting massage can make it much worse at the moment. Our body, and nervous system, are so sensitive right now. But if we massage, and stretch very carefully every day, it will probably be better with time! :)

AJUSTA!  I meant nothing bad! That's the last thing you need, you're feeling bad enough anyway. But Benzo gives the symptoms you already have, it's double. And therefore, you'll never get better, but maybe even worse, if you don`t  want to stop the tablets. It's heavy and difficult, and I've gone through hell. But, all the symptoms, and diagnoses I received with Benzo, have now passed. And I know your problems. So I didn`t mean anything bad.

I know. I do want to stop them but I need to do it slowly.

Managed accupuncture today but shoulder is still agonising. Can’t use arm apart from lying down.

I posted about DMSO sometime ago and will throw down the link again just in case anyone's interested in trying it. 

Just a thought, though.  I really don't know if it's a good idea to try it whilst still on meds, in terms of whether or not it could potentially increase the potency.  I haven't tried to research this myself, it but it might be something to consider.

Here's the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=191080.0

I know. I do want to stop them but I need to do it slowly.

Managed accupuncture today but shoulder is still agonising. Can’t use arm apart from lying down.

Hold on A......we care and want you to feel better :smitten:

Thanks!

I want all of us to be okay...

I’m lying in bed and the tightness around my whole mid and upper body and neck and head and face are driving me nuts.

I’m thinking of splurging on. Starecta Rectifying splint to see if sorting my TMD will help with other stuff.

Ajusta: I’m

Freezing too. Always in gloves, esp in market, and I live in California! Eating more helps, as does moving around. For me anyway. Stay warm!

Blue

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone doing?

My muscles are just getting tighter and stiffer with each day.

I try to do some exercises and stretches but it just gets worse.

Even the muscles in my face are tight and squeezing and pulling.

Mountain Girl - how are you?

I’m still guzzling mint tea as you recommended.

I was doing some research and found that there is evidence showing peppermint blocks Substance P so I am also sniffing the oil a lot.

Cool!

It’s more my core that gets freezing. It’s summer and I’m lying on a heat pad with a jumper on. Later all my muscles will go really hot...

[66...]

Ajusta,

We went camping Monday and I've been cramping bad, from sacrum down to ankles, nerve pain horrible from tight muscles/ligaments.  I ended up throwing out my low back, and was in some of the worst pain of my spine history last nite.  I ended up caving and taking 3 ibuprofen.  Still bad today but a little better from doing acupressure points, rubbing magnesium oil on bad spots. 

I'm thinking my calcium channels are messed up worst than most ppl.  I've always had bad spasms with my spine.  Trying to figure out what to do.  I also get bone spurs bad in spine and everywhere, now I have one on collar bone near sternum.  I'm wondering if I have too much calcium or too little?  Calcium can cause muscle tension & cramping.  Any brainiacs reading this thread with some knowledge on this?  My Acupuncturist says bone spurs mean we don't have enough calcium.  I have no clue.  My iron is high, My Vitamin D low, and bone spurs are everywhere.

We are supposed to go across country for a month camping starting in July, if I'm this bad we can't do it, and we have to!  I want out of the SE USA, want to go home to Mt's out West, we are going to look at land on this trip.

I hate these cramps & nerve pain with a passion, it's the bain of my existence, and without them I would be functioning so well.  Does this freaking pain ever end?  I'm 4 yrs out June 14, and yeah I had surgery setback, flu setback, then food poisoning setback, but for real?!?!  So tired of this.

Hope everyone is getting a break today. 

Hugs & love, MG :smitten:

How is everyone doing?

My muscles are just getting tighter and stiffer with each day.

I try to do some exercises and stretches but it just gets worse.

Even the muscles in my face are tight and squeezing and pulling.

Mountain Girl - how are you?

I’m still guzzling mint tea as you recommended.

I was doing some research and found that there is evidence showing peppermint blocks Substance P so I am also sniffing the oil a lot.

Just thought I'd drop these off.  There's one with standing postures and one lying down (in case anyone's bedridden).  At one time, I was doing the lying one religiously for months, it's wonderful, I used to so look forward to it, very calming/relaxing ... plus the satisfaction, of course, of seeing the benefits down the road.

Mindfulness Movements (Lying Down) - Jon Kabat Zinn

https://youtu.be/Y_L9MUVEmx8

Mindfulness Movements (Standing Postures) - Jon Kabat Zinn

https://youtu.be/3YP9fAw8RD8

Sorry to all still struggling, hoping we all start seeing a little relief soon.  :-\

:smitten:

I just found this group. I have been tapering for 2 1/2 years and I am at. .45 mg Valium right now.

I have been through the gambit  of all kinds of wdsx but not muscle pain in my arm ever before. (Muscle pain in my NECK has been quite awful for over a year, on and off and I have had muscle cramps in my  calf’s for a while. They come and go.

But this thing with my left arm is awful.

The doctor checked me and he can not find the cause.

I feel like a band has been put around my upper arm, and it is being blown up or pulled tight on my arm For about a minute or two,  and the it stops. Sort of like a blood preassure cuff is being put on me and getting blown up tighter and tighter.

Can anyone tell me....is this a benzo related withdrawal side effect?

I don’t know what to do.

I read that someone here said to try heat. So I will. But please tell me, does this sound like it’s from withdrawal?  I don’t want to start going to doctors again a nd do that run around thing, if it IS BENZO WITHDRAWAL.

SOME ONE, PLEASE RESPOND AND STRAIGHTEN ME OUT.  THANK YOU FOR ANY ADV8CE, REASSURANCE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN TELL ME!

HEATHCLIFF

I just found this group. I have been tapering for 2 1/2 years and I am at. .45 mg Valium right now.

I have been through the gambit  of all kinds of wdsx but not muscle pain in my arm ever before. (Muscle pain in my NECK has been quite awful for over a year, on and off and I have had muscle cramps in my  calf’s for a while. They come and go.

I feel like a band has been put around my upper arm, and it is being blown up or pulled tight on my arm For about a minute or two,  and the it stops. Sort of like a blood preassure cuff is being put on me and getting blown up tighter and tighter.

I don’t know what to do.

I read that someone here said to try heat. So I will. But please tell me, does this sound like it’s from withdrawal?  I don’t want to start going to doctors again a nd do that run around thing, if it IS BENZO WITHDRAWAL.

SOME ONE, PLEASE RESPOND AND STRAIGHTEN ME OUT.  THANK YOU FOR ANY ADV8CE, REASSURANCE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN TELL ME!

HEATHCLIFF

I was told benzos are a form of muscle relaxer.  When you stop taking them, you muscles can tighten up.  My doc was indicating that when I was having chest pains and arm tingling.  He checked me out with many tests for heart problems and then decided it was just anxiety withdrawal muscle problems.  He gave me Buspar which I took for about 2 weeks and the problem did go away.

I also think the muscles tighten in different areas for different people - perhaps based on where you have a weak point.  I know I have had lower back troubles and sure enough, I also get withdrawal pains in my lower back.

Try not to sleep on that side of your body - give that arm much rest and try to stretch it a few times a day and perhaps do some weight training on it?  I know stretching and exercise help me.

I don’t know what to do.

HEATHCLIFF

I was told benzos are a form of muscle relaxer.  When you stop taking them, you muscles can tighten up.  My doc was indicating that when I was having chest pains and arm tingling.  He checked me out with many tests for heart problems and then decided it was just anxiety withdrawal muscle problems.  He gave me Buspar which I took for about 2 weeks and the problem did go away.

I also think the muscles tighten in different areas for different people - perhaps based on where you have a weak point.  I know I have had lower back troubles and sure enough, I also get withdrawal pains in my lower back.

Try not to sleep on that side of your body - give that arm much rest and try to stretch it a few times a day and perhaps do some weight training on it?  I know stretching and exercise help me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bob7 and Mary 5588,

Thank so much for your replies about my cramps in my left upper arm.  Makes me feel less scared.  I will try stretching and not sleeping on that side. Hope it goes away pretty quickly!

Bob, you said you took Buspar? What is Buspar?

Heath

Bob7 and Mary 5588,

Thank so much for your replies about my cramps in my left upper arm.  Makes me feel less scared.  I will try stretching and not sleeping on that side. Hope it goes away pretty quickly!

Bob, you said you took Buspar? What is Buspar?

Heath

Buspar is used to treat anxiety but it is NOT a benzo.

Some people say that have zero effect with Buspar - I wonder if they have other issues?

But for people like me, who have anxiety induced symptoms, the Buspar gives me a break from the anxiety and allows me to continue my taper.  I only take it once in a while when my symptoms are real bad.  I think I have used it twice, each time for no more than one or two weeks.  Both times it clams me down within a week - it kind of breaks the cycle of anxiety.  Then I stop the Buspar with no Buspar Withdrawals.

People claim it takes weeks to feel the affect of Buspar but that was not true for me.  I felt it within 30 minutes.  It is like an odd high feeling - not really seasick but along those lines.  The odd feeling last about 2 hours and then everything feels normal again except my anxiety is much lower.  That last all day.  I do not take at night because the one time I tried that, I had poor sleep.  I don't think if it was the Buspar but I don't take any chances.  So I just take in the morning and I only take like 1/4 of the normal dose because it feels so strong to me.

Heathcliff-  Stretching is the best natural way to take care of this.  Also, I have found sleeping with a pillow at my side, and propping my bad arm up on the pillow can help, so the arm doesn't get into that weird position while I am sleeping.  And YES, that completely does sound like withdrawal.

Last night, I dreamt that I guy poked me in the back with a pitchfork, multiple times, and when I woke up, the pain was still there!!!  My son was in my bed and had curled up to my back, with his hands poking me, but not poking me hard but damn, it felt terrible cause my back was already a mess. 

All I can say, is at least I am able to sleep at this point.  LOL.  Gotta be grateful for what I can get.