Important Survey - Please Participate ×

New 12-18 Month Buddy Group

[so...]

Stay on the path, Judy and geek...as I know you are!

Woke up again today feeling so close to me again. Sometimes the changes are so subtle, its hard to see and feel them. This is OUR year 12 monthers! Just imagine where we will be this coming Christmas. I remember telling myself that last year at this time...thinking I could never make it to Christmas 2015, now it's past. I know you all can relate. Just look how far we have come without those evil pills!

One thing is for certain, T I M E is what it really takes and we have some significant time behind us now, that we will NEVER have to do, ever again! Bye bye benzos, we won!  :thumbsup:

Love and hugs to every one of you!

:smitten:

Lysa

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [MT...]

• [...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow members of the 2016 is our year club.

Today has been a weird one. I had a better night and felt windowish physical symptomwise. But cognitively I've been a mess--I've had a hard time tracking, getting lost and confused in conversations, and I feel so fraking stupid. Being at work like this felt embarrassing and scary but it's also little things. Like I couldn't back my car up in the snowy driveway for the second day in a row (tried for 30 minutes yesterday and even used a shovel) but my husband can just go right up. Argh. I have no confidence and once I get that feeling that I can't think my brain shuts down, further decreasing my confidence, which messes up my thinking and so on. To quote a fellow scarecrow, "I wish I had a brain."

Bubbles - Thank you for welcoming me here :)

MT - One symptom lets up and another one surfaces.  Just think 'recalibration'  your cognitive abilities are connecting though its really frustrating to ignore them as the healing process and be patient with them, its the only way.

The day you can back your car up again its another check mark. 

All our faculties and muscles, emotions, cognition will finally start to work in harmony as in a beautiful symphony.

Hello fellow members of the 2016 is our year club.

Today has been a weird one. I had a better night and felt windowish physical symptomwise. But cognitively I've been a mess--I've had a hard time tracking, getting lost and confused in conversations, and I feel so fraking stupid. Being at work like this felt embarrassing and scary but it's also little things. Like I couldn't back my car up in the snowy driveway for the second day in a row (tried for 30 minutes yesterday and even used a shovel) but my husband can just go right up. Argh. I have no confidence and once I get that feeling that I can't think my brain shuts down, further decreasing my confidence, which messes up my thinking and so on. To quote a fellow scarecrow, "I wish I had a brain."

I so understand this MT. Its been a while since I had this, but when I did, it was SO BAD!! I just could NOT think, concentrate, or reason to save my life! It just gradually got better and I still will have an off day, but it only lasts a day or 2 now, instead of weeks on end. It will get better  :hug: Given enough time, we know everything will and YES to 2016!!

Hey 12-18 Buddies,

I hope everyone is having a symptom-free day, especially Geek CUZ IT'S HIS BUFFDAY!!!!  WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So we shipped the kid off to his grandparents house for the night.

We went to see Star Wars at a VIP theater.  :oXo:

Man, my ears are a ringin' now.    I was getting a lot of palps and muscle twitching near the end.  Not sure if I'm gonna sleep tonight but I happy I got to go see it in theaters.

Judy, your just too funny!  :o

Happy birthday Geek! So great you got out for a date night! I hear ya on the sensitive stuff with action, loud movies and such. I just try to ignore it and be as normal as I can  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is doing well today...busy day wedding planning. Looking forward to catching up on some rest and chilling out this weekend.

Hey, we are are still here and plugging along!

Much love & hugs  :smitten:

Lysa

Happy Birthday, Geek! What did you think of Star Wars (other than loud and overstimulating)? I thought it was a great flick but I'll confess I'm a sci-fi geek. Yes, I have more spaceships on my Christmas tree than any other kind of ornament.

I actually had a better day today. A, what's the word, oh, "good" day. Still wasn't a great thinker but what a relief to feel like a normalish person with wicked distracting paresthesias. Perhaps I'm gonna live afterall ;)

Happy Birthday, Geek! What did you think of Star Wars (other than loud and overstimulating)? I thought it was a great flick but I'll confess I'm a sci-fi geek. Yes, I have more spaceships on my Christmas tree than any other kind of ornament.

I think I'm going to PM you my response to this.  I don't want to taint or spoil the movie for anybody who hasn't seen it yet, but I will say that I give it my thumbs up.

Hey friends,

Well today is a depression day.  It seems when my anxiety and physical stuff is waning, the mental stuff takes a front seat.  Does anyone else get this pattern?

I kind of get this. 

I think it's because when your physical sx subside they don't distract you as much, your brain starts to wander and contemplate the events that led you to this point and then emotions start flowing.

I have noticed that when sx become more tolerable, sometimes anger boils out.  I try to keep busy on the better days.

Thanks Geek,

Today I also got the vibrating bed thingie.  This time a light flutter, less intense, lasting about 10 seconds.  I get it once a month.  Weird, huh?

Sofa

Lysa,

Thanks for letting me know it's "normal."  So so strange.  It's like WD is poking me saying, "I'm still here."

Love, Judy