New 12-18 Month Buddy Group

[so...]

I just discovered this thread, but it has not been updated lately, so I wonder if people are still on it. I'm at 14 months off and having all the terrible symptoms I've had since tolerance withdrawal four years ago. I'm so discouraged. Contact pain, anxiety, frequent fear, little sleep, confusion, agoraphobia, and more. Is this common this far out? I'm feeling desperate. Will I ever heal? How will I get through the day? I know I will have my usual five hours of total hell this afternoon, when I feel like I'm losing my mind and the nerve pain is horrific. I'm exhausted. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MirandaJane

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [MT...]

• [...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just discovered this thread, but it has not been updated lately, so I wonder if people are still on it. I'm at 14 months off and having all the terrible symptoms I've had since tolerance withdrawal four years ago. I'm so discouraged. Contact pain, anxiety, frequent fear, little sleep, confusion, agoraphobia, and more. Is this common this far out? I'm feeling desperate. Will I ever heal? How will I get through the day? I know I will have my usual five hours of total hell this afternoon, when I feel like I'm losing my mind and the nerve pain is horrific. I'm exhausted. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MirandaJane

It all sounds par for the course to me Miranda. Just hang in there and use this time to become stronger mentally through meditation/mindfulness etc.

• 1 month later...

Hahaha,

Uummmm, yeah, sorry about that.....not old timers as in "old" age wise but, old as in older and previous, more experienced, and plenty of healed or moved on type of old timer!

Maybe I should shut up now!

• 1 month later...
Sofa, how are you doing?  Just found this thread after leaving the 12-17 month thread, Tuesday I'll be on month 18 of recovery with very little improvement.  Never had too many physical symptoms except for jelly legs and extreme fatigue, some days the fatigue is awful and others not so bad.  Still have brain fog but its not as bad as it once was.  My one big improvement is my ability to breathe better and not struggle to catch my breath, there for a while I was struggling with this on a daily basis.  My biggest remaining symptom is fear and doom. I'm still not able to go many places, can't believe I can't go where I want to without fear or anxiety and panic.  I don't like who I am, this isn't who I was before Xanax.  When I'm at work I know I'm easily irritated and I tend to snap on coworkers.  I hate it!