Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

Second day of meds, was doing better but pressure, burning back some.  It isn't bad in the morning, which is weird since your bladder is fuller during the night but as the day goes on it worsens.  I just hope it gets better, I'm so scared now its w/d and not a real infection or a combo of the two.  Seems if I shower or wipe too hard it makes it hurt worse.  Oh, don't know if I could stand this for any length of time, I have been dealing with it a week and I'm so exhausted and depressed.  I pray this ends for us all.

[65...]

Freeme, if you have an infection then the Macrobid should clear it. Give it time to work. If you still have the pain after you complete the round of drugs, you should get another culture or buy test strips...if it's negative then it could be withdrawal sx. Mine is starting to ease up, thank God. I won't get hopeful until its gone for a few weeks. Burning pain is a withdrawal sx, sadly some if us have it in the crotch. Its ghastly, I know. Causes anxiety and fear. Do you have anxiety? Anxiety makes it worse, IMO. Certain foods can aggravate the urethra burning. Stay clear of gluten if you can, and chocolate, caffeine, citrus, tomatoes, gassy food. Baking soda in water can give fast relief for burning urethra.

Hoping you feel relief tomorrow.

Denise

Second day of meds, was doing better but pressure, burning back some.  It isn't bad in the morning, which is weird since your bladder is fuller during the night but as the day goes on it worsens.  I just hope it gets better, I'm so scared now its w/d and not a real infection or a combo of the two.  Seems if I shower or wipe too hard it makes it hurt worse.  Oh, don't know if I could stand this for any length of time, I have been dealing with it a week and I'm so exhausted and depressed.  I pray this ends for us all.

I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

when u say baking soda and water do you mean drink it?  how much baking soda to water do you use?  Still having burning etc. this morning but a little better, don't want to jinx it though. Seems I have a good day then a bad day then a good day.  Prob. w/d which makes me so sad and anxious and yes, I have terrible anxiety now since 2011 when I developed a life threatening case of cDiff that I had to be hospitalized for.  Its been all downhill from there.  That is when they put me on the Ativan and kept me on it for 4 yrs.  Who knew?  Now I'm dealing with the spine surgery coming up, taking these pain meds and now this burning.  Oh God let it please end for us all.

when u say baking soda and water do you mean drink it? how much baking soda to water do you use?  Still having burning etc. this morning but a little better, don't want to jinx it though. Seems I have a good day then a bad day then a good day.  Prob. w/d which makes me so sad and anxious and yes, I have terrible anxiety now since 2011 when I developed a life threatening case of cDiff that I had to be hospitalized for.  Its been all downhill from there.  That is when they put me on the Ativan and kept me on it for 4 yrs.  Who knew?  Now I'm dealing with the spine surgery coming up, taking these pain meds and now this burning.  Oh God let it please end for us all.

Yes sweetie , put a  half to a level teaspoon in 8ozs of water stir let the fizz die down as it can upset your stomach and drink it every two hours if needed . Also be aware that it may have a laxative effect in some people as well.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It turns out my Vaginal problems are ALSO Benzo related, its moving and changing and going and coming  ::) typical WD sxs.

I had to stop drinking the cranberry after only 3 doses as I revved up and wasn't sure if it was just because or because of the Cranberry juice and I had only drank one dose of Apple Cider vinegar in water. My antibiotics( now unneeded  :thumbsup:) were delivered by the pharmacist after the crap with Doctor dick head , his name is Dr Richards so the name fits,  :laugh: so along with everyone else its just a case once again of riding it out. I also want to say that if anyone does actually get a bacteria diagnosed if it was me personally I'd ask what the bacteria is and do my own research, Like Denise said inflammation will give a Leukosyte positive  reading which is what happened in my case  :sick:

Yeah, they told me two bacteria grew out so don't know which two.  Who really knows what is what at this point.  I think that is what makes it so much scarier.  It was so bad yesterday.  It should be responding to the antibiotic I would think after two days but I'll give it some more time.  I'll also try the other suggestions.  I'm scared to take a shower now, as when I took one Sat. it made everything worse it seems.  I only have regular soap in the house so can't get out to get something else.  I'm scared to cut the Valium down again after holding since Aug. 11.  Maybe I should try a small cut and see how i do.  I'm at 15 mg.  still a pretty high dose.  Holding seems to be making things worse at this point but if cutting is going to make it worse also I can't take it right now. Oh the decision. 

Yeah, they told me two bacteria grew out so don't know which two.  Who really knows what is what at this point.  I think that is what makes it so much scarier.  It was so bad yesterday.  It should be responding to the antibiotic I would think after two days but I'll give it some more time.  I'll also try the other suggestions.  I'm scared to take a shower now, as when I took one Sat. it made everything worse it seems.  I only have regular soap in the house so can't get out to get something else.  I'm scared to cut the Valium down again after holding since Aug. 11.  Maybe I should try a small cut and see how i do.  I'm at 15 mg.  still a pretty high dose.  Holding seems to be making things worse at this point but if cutting is going to make it worse also I can't take it right now. Oh the decision.

You can hold up to eight week's Then try a cut,  some people hold longer but its deemed that at eight week's the dose is then pointless holding due to metabolizing  it and probable tolerance again to sitting too long at that dose. I have held a few times and will continue to do so as and when I feel I should, I also cut with sxs if they've been around for while with no change as I'm doing now as to me its pointless dragging it out if its not helping any with sxs.

Sounds like a good approach, Nova.

I have off and on urethra burning during my period. Hoping it goes away when period is done. This is new for me.  :( diet is already non acidic. Other issues besides this just makes for being overwhelmed. Enough already. May we all be well.

Bennie

Just touching base.  My symptoms aren't really getting better, in fact the tongue burning is worse and the bladder, etc. pain is still bad.  I guess I'll have to ask Dr. but I"m sure he will be clueless as he kind of discounted that it could be the Valium.  He went more towards the spinal issues if it wasn't an infection but they gave me the ATX  and said two bacteria grew but how much, they didn't say.  I really don't know how much of this I can stand, I'm so depressed and down and in pain.  Does anyone have anything that gives them some relief?  The thought of suffering this for months is unbearable.  Sorry to be such a baby but it just seems it gets worse and worse and I have so long to go.  I hope you all are having a better day than me. 

You are not a baby, freeme, you are just fed up with all of the crap that does not quit, if isn't one thing its another.  Unfortunately some people including me have suffered many, many months but it does eventually get better, a little bit at a time.  Just hang in there.  That's what we are all here for, to support each other.

I found massages made me a lot worse going from functioning to having to spend a week or more in bed yet others swear by them. I had mine when unknown to me my agony was  Tolerance WD.

Love Nova  xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing.  I'm still sick, can't eat, diarrhea, nausea, burning tongue,arms, chest and naturally V area.  Stopped the ATX after 7 days, it wasn't doing anything except making me worse.  I am almost bedridden at this point and still holding at 15 mg. of v.  Oddly, the pain meds and muscle relaxers help but sure let me know when they are wearing off.  I have lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks.  So weak and depressed.  Hope you all are doing better than me.  Don't know if I can go on if its the valium, might have to go on a different benzo.  So worried and this is the 3rd Sunday I can't make it to church.  Hate that.  Hope everyone feels better today. 

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing.  I'm still sick, can't eat, diarrhea, nausea, burning tongue,arms, chest and naturally V area.  Stopped the ATX after 7 days, it wasn't doing anything except making me worse.  I am almost bedridden at this point and still holding at 15 mg. of v.  Oddly, the pain meds and muscle relaxers help but sure let me know when they are wearing off.  I have lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks.  So weak and depressed.  Hope you all are doing better than me.  Don't know if I can go on if its the valium, might have to go on a different benzo.  So worried and this is the 3rd Sunday I can't make it to church.  Hate that.  Hope everyone feels better today.

Hi FM  :hug: Certain painkillers and muscle relaxers are cross tolerant with Benzos besides the dreaded antibiotics being risky and will make WD a whole lot worse than it could be and should be avoided, Benzos their self are 'Muscle relaxers'' thats why they cause so much pain and other problems in tolerance WD or WD.  I was even given a Medical Heroin injection ( Diamorphine)in Hospital and that was before I knew I was in tolerance withdrawal for the intense burning and pain and no painkiller helped and things kept getting worse. They even gave me more Benzos to try help with the pain and worsening muscle spasms, Now I know why I was sinking faster and faster :D

Beside effecting receptors they effect every muscle in our body and we got muscles everywhere, and GABBA helps controls muscle activity, so we're 'caught in a brain storm'' so to speak. Benzos mess up the GABBA receptors and our muscle control so theres  all sorts of havoc trying to sort its elf out and boy!! don't we all know it> Talk about 'They who feel it know it'' no one thats not been or going through this can really understand or fathom the tiniest amount of how sold destroying body battering hell  mental anguish causing this is. I hope you and all of find some relief or progress soon.

Hi FM  :hug: Certain painkillers and muscle relaxers are cross tolerant with Benzos besides the dreaded antibiotics being risky and will make WD a whole lot worse than it could be and should be avoided, Benzos their self are 'Muscle relaxers'' thats why they cause so much pain and other problems in tolerance WD or WD.  I was even given a Medical Heroin injection ( Diamorphine)in Hospital and that was before I knew I was in tolerance withdrawal for the intense burning and pain and no painkiller helped and things kept getting worse. They even gave me more Benzos to try help with the pain and worsening muscle spasms, Now I know why I was sinking faster and faster :D

Beside effecting receptors they effect every muscle in our body and we got muscles everywhere, and GABBA helps controls muscle activity, so we're 'caught in a brain storm'' so to speak. Benzos mess up the GABBA receptors and our muscle control so theres  all sorts of havoc trying to sort its elf out and boy!! don't we all know it> Talk about 'They who feel it know it'' no one thats not been or going through this can really understand or fathom the tiniest amount of how sold destroying body battering hell  mental anguish causing this is. I hope you and all of find some relief or progress soon.

Heres some info from another thread on here that expalsin some things about how and why other meds cause problems for us..

The Gut...our second brain http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=23476.0;topicseen

There is a natural symphony of chemicals in the stomach region that balance our emotions, sleep, pain and energy. Benzodiazepines cause profound alterations throughout the brain and gut and an eventual reduction in GABA levels. Dose tolerance and abrupt withdrawals may be accompanied by uncontrolled release of Dopamine, Serotonin and other neurotransmitters. Lower GABA levels cause an increase in Norpinepherin that encourages quick emotional responses such as anger, and discourages deliberate logical thinking. High Norpinepherin causes adrenalin to be released, which can cause the heart to beat faster and harder. This also causes red corpuscle reserves to be placed in the bloodstream, which in turn causes energy sources, nutrients and oxygen to be diverted from organs and into the muscles. This is where high blood pressure occurs.

But low GABA also causes a decrease in Serotonin, which makes sleep difficult and causes depression, irritability and a lack of rational emotion. The benzodiazepine receptors are also involved in the regulation of pain perception, modulation of the immune and inflammatory systems, and the protection of cells from damage by free radicals. This helps to explain why continued use of benzodiazepines can increase pain and cause a breakdown of the immune system, while also inducing anxiety and insomnia.

Often a painkiller is added. But pain medication lowers natural Opioid levels, resulting in abnormal pain perception - causing an increase in Dopamine release that leads to anxiety. Continued Dopamine release causes emotional fatigue. But low Opioid levels also cause the lowering of GABA, which can increase anxiety, insecurity, unexplained panic and depression.  And low GABA causes a decrease in Serotonin, which makes sleep difficult and causes irritability and a lack of rational emotion. The Serotonin reduction further decreases Opioid levels, and the Stress Cycle repeats with increasing intensity. Every time one neurotransmitter is altered, it starts a chain reaction in the remaining chemicals.

Because many medications stimulate sensory nerves in the stomach, they can also cause nausea, constipation or diarrhea. Even some antibiotics act on gut receptors, causing cramps and nausea. Drugs like morphine and benzodiazepines attach to the gut’s GABA receptors and produce constipation. SSRIs work by redistributing neurotransmitters such as Serotonin and Norepenephrine, which can also cause constipation or diarrhea. Therefore, a healthy stomach is essential to keep the precise balance of chemicals for optimal mental and physical health.

That's why I  have been taking a good probiotic that you don't have to take everyday for the reasons above and because of other on going  issues before I knew about Benzo withdrawal, also don't use soap near your Vagina as it messes up the bacteria down there as well, its self cleaning and plain water is all you need to wash it and not cause irritation or infection :)

Thanks so much for this, Nova! I'm going to print it out.

Yes! to not using soap near vagina. Many years ago when I first started college, the women got welcome packets in their mailboxes. Can you believe that we all got sample packs of douche? As if we hadn't been cleaning ourselves enough, we now were rinsing out our insides! Hundreds of college aged women being indoctrinated into a worthless and harmful personal hygiene practice: Crazy. How many times was this initiation repeated? We don't need douche, or soap down there.

Yes! to not using soap near vagina. Many years ago when I first started college, the women got welcome packets in their mailboxes. Can you believe that we all got sample packs of douche? As if we hadn't been cleaning ourselves enough, we now were rinsing out our insides! Hundreds of college aged women being indoctrinated into a worthless and harmful personal hygiene practice: Crazy. How many times was this initiation repeated? We don't need douche, or soap down there.

Feminine sprays ...  AAARRRGGHHHH!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Feminine sprays ...  AAARRRGGHHHH!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously. Aaaaaargh!  >:(

Yep, nothing like having your crotch smell like a "fresh flower bouquet"  or " fresh morning scent". I've never tried a spray. Never seemed appealing.

Yep, nothing like having your crotch smell like a "fresh flower bouquet"  or " fresh morning scent". I've never tried a spray. Never seemed appealing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never 'Gladed' ( Glade air freshener) my Lily , I didn't fancy it a pealing either ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never 'Gladed' ( Glade air freshener) my Lily , I didn't fancy it a pealing either ;)

:):laugh:

I like my lily ungladed.

Best of wishes for your appt.  These womens issues are just awful, arent they.  I have  also been reading your other posts on the Poly drugging thread and so feel for you.  I also am on three drugs but two aren't benzos.  ONe is Norco, a painkiller and the other Soma, a muscle relaxer.  I think those and the Valium are causing most of my problems.  I wish you luck and prayers to find answers, I will need spinal surgery but don't see how I can even contemplate getting this major surgery in the shape I'm in.  Hopefully you won't have a prolapse and they can do something for your issues.