Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I would just like to extend my thanks to Sharkey and Builder for their advice and words of wisdom. I didn't realize I was cutting too much until Sharkey pointed it out and it explained why I've been through the ringer lately for the last three days. I was decreasing by way more than 1% daily, math is even harder with benzo brain. Builder also encouraged me to dilute more and I learned about using propylene glycol as a solvent rather than alcohol by reading his past posts. So, soon as the solvent gets here from Amazon I will continue my micro taper from Xanax. Thanks to Gardener, Shannon and all the others who contribute to this journey we are on. I love reading the posts, I take what I can use or need and leave the rest Thx  :smitten:

P.S. Does anyone know if Xanax can be left at room temperature after it is dissolved with propylene glycol and diluted with water? And how many days will it hold? I know the pharma prepared Intensol is OK at room temp.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to extend my thanks to Sharkey and Builder for their advice and words of wisdom. I didn't realize I was cutting too much until Sharkey pointed it out and it explained why I've been through the ringer lately for the last three days. I was decreasing by way more than 1% daily, math is even harder with benzo brain. Builder also encouraged me to dilute more and I learned about using propylene glycol as a solvent rather than alcohol by reading his past posts. So, soon as the solvent gets here from Amazon I will continue my micro taper from Xanax. Thanks to Gardener, Shannon and all the others who contribute to this journey we are on. I love reading the posts, I take what I can use or need and leave the rest Thx  :smitten:

P.S. Does anyone know if Xanax can be left at room temperature after it is dissolved with propylene glycol and diluted with water? And how many days will it hold? I know the pharma prepared Intensol is OK at room temp.

Rdb. I'm so sorry you have had such a bad three days. I made the same mistake and didn't think I was going to survive. I did. Like you, I switched to micro tapering.

Right now I'm taking the intensol. What you're making is very similar. I would not refrigerate it because the intensol says NOT to.

Here's what the insert says:

ingredients: alprazolam, propylene glycol, succinc acid disodium salt, water

discard opened bottle after 90 days

store between 59 and 86 degrees F, away from light

Succinic acid is: "A water-soluble, colorless crystal with an acid taste that is used as a chemical intermediate, in medicine, the manufacture of lacquers, and to make perfume esters. It is also used in foods as a sequestrate, buffer, and a neutralizing agent." 

I think we need our chemist to explain that!

I wouldn't make a 90-day supply of the liquid. Probably a week at room temperature is safe. Right, Somebody-who-knows?

Best wishes! Better days are ahead! :smitten:

[57...]

Sharkey & MT Friends,

I'm thinking out loud as I plan my move forward. I've been "stuck", extremely symptomatic, and in a holding pattern at .62 mg, for many weeks, and feel weary and trapped.

My question is, I've been reducing at a conservative 2.5% every 7 days and my body & brain are on fire.  Much pain; both physical & mental, simply holding.

Reducing 1% per day will increase my weekly reduction rate. Will my symptoms increase?

I've read that others have experienced fewer symptoms with daily MT all the while increasing the taper rate. True?

Would like to hear your thoughts & experience with this.

Thank you!

Yes-store at room temp.  Do NOT refirgerate.

Sharkey & MT Friends,

I'm thinking out loud as I plan my move forward. I've been "stuck", extremely symptomatic, and in a holding pattern at .62 mg, for many weeks, and feel weary and trapped.

My question is, I've been reducing at a conservative 2.5% every 7 days and my body & brain are on fire.  Much pain; both physical & mental, simply holding.

Reducing 1% per day will increase my weekly reduction rate. Will my symptoms increase?

I've read that others have experienced fewer symptoms with daily MT all the while increasing the taper rate. True?

Would like to hear your thoughts & experience with this.

Thank you!

:therethere:

I really feel for you. I got stuck and held for several weeks from tapering too fast. I was absolutely miserable. Weary and trapped describe it perfectly. Then I decided to micro taper, figuring I was miserable anyway and being stuck was making me more miserable. I started with a few teeny tiny cuts just so I could see I was making some progress.

The cuts you were making before, 2.5% every 7 days, would be 10% per month. I have read that some people can only do 5% per month, especially as they get lower. I think that may be me. It could be you, too. I would suggest making very slow, small cuts if you are going to start up again while you are still so symptomatic. If it goes well, then you could try a little faster and a little faster. I can't say I recommend the faster and faster part. It seems to me that those who go the fastest end up with the most symptoms post-jump. That's just my take. I see exceptions to that, too. If you read the signatures, you see we are all coming from very different histories. And we all have different genetics, so, naturally, the taper is going to be different for everybody. But, generally, slower toward the end is what people need, not faster.

Hang in there. Even when you feel bad, you are still healing. Healing can hurt, but it is still healing, and you will be moving forward again soon!  :smitten:

Tomorrow I start my next 2 weeks of tapering .125 mg klonopin. Tonight's my last night of the first .125 mg taper. I was reducing at .0089. When I start the next phase, I'll be taking in tablet form 1.125 mg and dissolving the .125 mg. I feel no different now than when I started the daily micro-taper 2 weeks ago, which is good, not great, but good. I was thinking of doing the next .125 mg in 12 days, making that .01, only because I'm feeling good. That is if I did the math right. I take my dose at night.

From what I've read, I know I'll be slowing the taper a lot towards the end, I'm assuming somewhere between .25 & .50 mg. tablets. I'm just wondering what others experiences have been when doing the micro-taper from a larger dose. At what dose did others slow it down? I understand every one is different, but was hoping for some insight.

Thanks.

Tomorrow I start my next 2 weeks of tapering .125 mg klonopin. Tonight's my last night of the first .125 mg taper. I was reducing at .0089. When I start the next phase, I'll be taking in tablet form 1.125 mg and dissolving the .125 mg. I feel no different now than when I started the daily micro-taper 2 weeks ago, which is good, not great, but good. I was thinking of doing the next .125 mg in 12 days, making that .01, only because I'm feeling good. That is if I did the math right. I take my dose at night.

From what I've read, I know I'll be slowing the taper a lot towards the end, I'm assuming somewhere between .25 & .50 mg. tablets. I'm just wondering what others experiences have been when doing the micro-taper from a larger dose. At what dose did others slow it down? I understand every one is different, but was hoping for some insight.

Thanks.

Hi,

Well, I'm on Valium, so the amounts are a bit different. But I started Valium at 15 mgr ( crossed over from Ativan ) and went with 0.05 daily cuts, but I did holds every 4 th day.

I was able to cut 0.5 mgr every two weeks or so, this way, all the way from 13 mgr ( where I started to daily taper ) to about 3 mgr.

I noticed I did more holds from then on, picked it up again but that didn't go well, so now I'm just slowing down. I'm getting real low now. I can't cut every day and going with 0.025 mgr now when I do cut.

That's how I did it.

You go by a certain percentage so it makes sense the cut gets lower as you go lower in dose....

:hug:

Thanks.

I cut anywhere from 7 to 10%  of the current dose every two weeks.  Anything over 11 %  I feel symptoms.  I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the 2 week percent cuts.

Anne

Thanks so much, Anne.  Yes, it makes sense all except for once I removed my cut for that day do I divide the into 2 equal doses?  If they have to be equal how do I figure this amount out?

Thank you kindly.

doodle dog

Hi Doodle,

I apologize, I missed your post.  Once you remove your 0.5 mL from the 100 mL, you will have 99.5 mL for your two daily doses.  99.5/2 = 49.75 mL.  You could remove 49.7 mL for your first dose and then drink the remaining for the second dose. The second day remove 1 mL and you will have 99 mL.  99 mL/2 = 49.5 mL/dose and so on. 

What I do is keep track of how many mL for each of my daily doses (I take three).  For example today I put 1 mg into 200 mL.  Today's doses are 36.7 mL each.  I will measure out the 36.7 mL for each of my doses.  There will be enough left over for 2 doses tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will remove 36.3 mL for each of my two doses.  I then will discard what is left and make up another 200 mL mixture.

Hope this helps

Anne

Thanks so much, Anne.  Yes, it makes sense all except for once I removed my cut for that day do I divide the into 2 equal doses?  If they have to be equal how do I figure this amount out?

Thank you kindly.

doodle dog

Hi Doodle,

I apologize, I missed your post.  Once you remove your 0.5 mL from the 100 mL, you will have 99.5 mL for your two daily doses.  99.5/2 = 49.75 mL.  You could remove 49.7 mL for your first dose and then drink the remaining for the second dose. The second day remove 1 mL and you will have 99 mL.  99 mL/2 = 49.5 mL/dose and so on. 

What I do is keep track of how many mL for each of my daily doses (I take three).  For example today I put 1 mg into 200 mL.  Today's doses are 36.7 mL each.  I will measure out the 36.7 mL for each of my doses.  There will be enough left over for 2 doses tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will remove 36.3 mL for each of my two doses.  I then will discard what is left and make up another 200 mL mixture.

Hope this helps

Anne

Hello Anne and all MT Buddies,

I am so confused.  My syringes only show half way from ml to ml not point this and point that.  Should I buy a graduated cylinder?

So how do most of you do it when removing their daily cut:  from the entire solution or from one of the doses?

Please help me.

This is day 1 of taper and according to the schedule it looks like I stay the same.  Should I not make a cut on day 1.

I would so greatly appreciate any info.

Have a healing day.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey gang, Sharkey suggested I turn my sort-of-progress-log into a buddie blog so others could join the conversation. I confess that I originally chose a progress log to avoid getting responses. I didn't want to deal with lots of depressing, scary posts while I am still so far from the end of my taper. I also worried that I wouldn't be able to carry my weight on a blog if I have another series of waves. Since I'm so new to tapering and still working the kinks out, I know that could happen.

But, I would love to get to know the people on this thread better! I decided that the opportunity to do that outweighed the risks of going to an open blog format, so I'm going to give it a go. If some of you join me, you can help me carry the blog and keep it solutions-focused, low-drama, and friendly.

I started my sort-of progress log with my How I Got Into This Mess and How I'm Getting Out story. I will tweak that a bit and move it over to the blog to get the ball rolling. I hope to see many more HIGITMAHIGO stories soon so I can get to know my fellow micro-t's better.

Before I can start a blog, I need a name for it. I want something inclusive so everybody feels free to post their own stories. I came up with a few dull names and a few weird names but didn't really like any of them. I need some ideas! Weird, dull, whatever, I'm open to any suggestions.

Gardener

:smitten:

Hello Anne and all MT Buddies,

I am so confused.  My syringes only show half way from ml to ml not point this and point that.  Should I buy a graduated cylinder?

So how do most of you do it when removing their daily cut:  from the entire solution or from one of the doses?

Please help me.

This is day 1 of taper and according to the schedule it looks like I stay the same.  Should I not make a cut on day 1.

I would so greatly appreciate any info.

Have a healing day.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

If you have a 1ml syringe, then every mark is "point something". 

For example, the 5 mark is .5ml, the 2 mark is.2ml, etc. 

No, you do not need a graduated cylinder.

Hey gang, Sharkey suggested I turn my sort-of-progress-log into a buddie blog so others could join the conversation. I confess that I originally chose a progress log to avoid getting responses. I didn't want to deal with lots of depressing, scary posts while I am still so far from the end of my taper. I also worried that I wouldn't be able to carry my weight on a blog if I have another series of waves. Since I'm so new to tapering and still working the kinks out, I know that could happen.

But, I would love to get to know the people on this thread better! I decided that the opportunity to do that outweighed the risks of going to an open blog format, so I'm going to give it a go. If some of you join me, you can help me carry the blog and keep it solutions-focused, low-drama, and friendly.

I started my sort-of progress log with my How I Got Into This Mess and How I'm Getting Out story. I will tweak that a bit and move it over to the blog to get the ball rolling. I hope to see many more HIGITMAHIGO stories soon so I can get to know my fellow micro-t's better.

Before I can start a blog, I need a name for it. I want something inclusive so everybody feels free to post their own stories. I came up with a few dull names and a few weird names but didn't really like any of them. I need some ideas! Weird, dull, whatever, I'm open to any suggestions.

Gardener

Gardener's seeds of inspiration?

Gardener

Heya,

I like what Sharkey came up with.

You know, when you create a blog you can set the tone for it. You could state in your post that it's a positive blog, inspiration blog, things like that.

On some blogs people don't talk about tapers at all.

Some are music blogs, or quotes and poems. Some just silly or what have you.

It's your blog. So if you don't want anything scary or depressing or whatnot, people would keep to that, I'm sure.

You could always put people on your ignore list of they post stuff you don't like and their posts don't show to you anymore. ( I had to do that a few times recently , since I doth want to be confronted with depressing things right when I start my day either, it makes me feel bad myself and I can't taper like that ).

Whatever you do, it'll be YOUR blog, so you decide. Your own little corner to connect to your friends on bb. :thumbsup:

Gardeners blog for inspiration

Gardeners summer yard

Oh, also... If you plant carrots in January, you'll make sure you'll never have to eat carrots. ;D

Gardener

Oh dear, I need to be inspiring??   :o

*********MATH QUESTION***************

OK guys,

Sharky suggested the dissolving 2 of my 0.5 mg (1mg) pills into into 2 ml of vodka, and add 98 ml of water to make a 100ml solution. This makes the math easy: each ml of solution would then equal 0.01mg Ativan. Right?

So, if I decided to just one of my 0.5mg Ativan pills into 1ml of vodka, and then add 49ml of water to create a 50ml solution, would this yield the same result of each ml equaling 0.01mg of Ativan?

Since my daily dose is 0.5mg X 3 pills/day = 1.5mg Ativan daily, my OCD head finds it less anxiety-producing to make up 1 solution for each of the pills and then add them all together.

So I just want to check to make sure the 0.5mg into the 50ml solution would still yield the same -- each ml equals .01mg Ativan--- as the 1mg into the 100ml solution makes.

Can Sharky or another good math person help me out?

Thanks so much,

Shannon :smitten:

Gardener

Heya,

I like what Sharkey came up with.

You know, when you create a blog you can set the tone for it. You could state in your post that it's a positive blog, inspiration blog, things like that.

On some blogs people don't talk about tapers at all.

Some are music blogs, or quotes and poems. Some just silly or what have you.

It's your blog. So if you don't want anything scary or depressing or whatnot, people would keep to that, I'm sure.

You could always put people on your ignore list of they post stuff you don't like and their posts don't show to you anymore. ( I had to do that a few times recently , since I doth want to be confronted with depressing things right when I start my day either, it makes me feel bad myself and I can't taper like that ).

Whatever you do, it'll be YOUR blog, so you decide. Your own little corner to connect to your friends on bb. :thumbsup:

Gardeners blog for inspiration

Gardeners summer yard

Oh, also... If you plant carrots in January, you'll make sure you'll never have to eat carrots. ;D

Thanks for the ideas about blogging. :smitten:

Hmmm, now that comment about planting carrots in January is inspirational!  :laugh:

OK guys,

Sharky suggested the dissolving 2 of my 0.5 mg (1mg) pills into into 2 ml of water, and add 98 ml of water to make a 100ml solution. This makes the math easy: each ml of solution would then equal 0.01mg Ativan. Right?

So, if I decided to just one of my 0.5mg Ativan pills into 1ml of vodka, and then add 49ml of water to create a 50ml solution, would this yield the same result of each ml equaling 0.01mg of Ativan?

Since my daily dose is 0.5mg X 3 pills/day = 1.5mg Ativan daily, my OCD head finds it less anxiety-producing to make up 1 solution for each of the pills and then add them all together.

So I just want to check to make sure the 0.5mg into the 50ml solution would still yield the same -- each ml equals .01mg Ativan--- as the 1mg into the 100ml solution makes.

Thanks so much,

You mean alcohol, right? Not that I have an answer or anything like that!

OK guys,

Sharky suggested the dissolving 2 of my 0.5 mg (1mg) pills into into 2 ml of water, and add 98 ml of water to make a 100ml solution. This makes the math easy: each ml of solution would then equal 0.01mg Ativan. Right?

Thanks so much,

You mean alcohol, right? Not that I have an answer or anything like that!

Opps! Good catch. I just edited it. And I like Sharkey's name for your blog. :) Just living your life, and keeping it positive while going through this taper is inspirtation, Gardener.  :thumbsup:

For those daily tapering Valium... can I get some people chiming in at what pace they are tapering? I've been going about .02mg/day for a while now... between .5-.6mg/month... and I'm considering upping the speed a bit... would just like to get a read where everyone is at with that.

Thanks.  :)

Moodle, Sharkey, I like the word Inspiration. I do want to set a positive tone and, you're right, a positive title will be the best way to start. I'm leaning toward Seeds of Inspiration. It references my ID but invites all the micro-t gang to plant seeds. That's what I want. An open garden being planted and tended by many people who are sowing good stuff, not weeds. I'll have to figure out how to phrase that in my introduction. I don't want to deny that people are hurting, dealing with a lot of weeds in their lives right now. I just don't want the weeds to take over and choke out the good stuff. We are all in need of gardens full of flowers, vegetables, and perhaps even some strawberry plants. In fact, it's strawberry season here right now, and I believe I shall go have a bowl of strawberries and cream while I mull this over. :)