Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

That's what I did for three years.  Then Colin told me if I click the orange 'NEW' it takes you to where you left off last.  I'm a slow learner.  :idiot:

What orange NEW? (Slower than you! :idiot:)

When you click " show new replies to my post" , all your topics you've posted in will,show, right ?

Well, each one of them says " new" Behind the name of the topic/ thread.

I used to always just click the thread and then scroll to the last page . But if you click the actual orange rectangle that says " new" ,it'll show you the new replies Right away.

It'll go to the last one automatically. Took me only 16 months to see. Haha

Lightning fast compared to me!  :laugh:

Gardener… what Moodle said.  Click directly on top of the new at the end of the thread title.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

We all see it now! 

Aren't we so shmart? 

8)

I am amazed at the restraint shown by the real tekkies on this thread in refraining from commenting on how long it took us to figure this out. ::)

I am amazed at the restraint shown by the real tekkies on this thread in refraining from commenting on how long it took us to figure this out.

Yup. It's positively embarrassing to be so, erm, clueless.

But we aren't any more!!!

I am amazed at the restraint shown by the real tekkies on this thread in refraining from commenting on how long it took us to figure this out.

Katz , it's the Benzos. If not for that we would have known right away..

Right? Right?  ::)

Katz , it's the Benzos. If not for that we would have known right away..

Right? Right?  ::)

ABSOLUTELY!

Gardener,  I scanned over your log.  There is some great stuff in there.  You should put that in a blog instead of a log so people can comment on it and people can follow your posts. You would get more traffic and it would be fun!!

Sharkey

Gardener,  I scanned over your log.  There is some great stuff in there.  You should put that in a blog instead of a log so people can comment on it and people can follow your posts. You would get more traffic and it would be fun!!

Sharkey

Thanks, Sharkey. I actually thought about a blog, but I was afraid the drama crowd might show up.  :o  You seem to be in a better place than I am right now and better equipped to let the drama roll off of you. Although, when that new baby comes, all bets are off! ;)

I'll give it some more thought, though. Fun would be good!  ;D

Wait a minute! Is this just a ploy to get my off-topic blabbing off of your thread?!  :laugh:

Hey, any of you all ever experience depression when titrating off this benzo stuff?  I feel it. Stinks too. I've been on clonazepam for over two decades, but I didn't know whether or not depression is a side effect when titrating. I try to read almost all of your threads, but I don't remember seeing much, if anything, about depression.

Had to ask.

Hugs to the whole gang!!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I was reading on the Ashton Manual website that depression can be a withdrawal symptom.

I hope that it lifts for you soon.  I actually got depressed while taking ativan and would never make light of it.  Please hang in there.  This to shall pass.

Here's to our healing.

Sending good thought your way.

doodle dog

Thank you, Doodle!  You're a sweetheart  :smitten:

Hey, any of you all ever experience depression when titrating off this benzo stuff?  I feel it. Stinks too. I've been on clonazepam for over two decades, but I didn't know whether or not depression is a side effect when titrating. I try to read almost all of your threads, but I don't remember seeing much, if anything, about depression.

Had to ask.

Hugs to the whole gang!!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I was reading on the Ashton Manual website that depression can be a withdrawal symptom.

I hope that it lifts for you soon.  I actually got depressed while taking ativan and would never make light of it.  Please hang in there.  This to shall pass.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

IMO the titration isn't the culprit but the Valium itself. It sure isn't a happy drug. Yes, I've experienced depression and lethargy on it. I didn't have that before ever taking a benzo.

It's certainly a withdrawal symptom. I can tell you that, the lower I go, the more I feel it lifting. There are days, sometimes weeks where I don't experience depression at all. When still on a higher dose, I'd have it 24/7.

:smitten:

Wow, that's great to know, Moodle. I'm not on Valium (on clonazepam...generic for Klonopin), but it's still a dang benzo, right!!?? Benzo's do suck the big one. I'm super happy that your dep lifted as time went on. I'm hoping for the same.

Thank you, and have a super ramblin' day!!

Jeff

Hey doodle dog and Anne,

You are doing 2 days worth of batches at a time.  This is so you don't have to break a pill in half before making the solution.  That can cause inconsistencies.  So you will take one of your .5mg pills and make a 200ml solution.  So 100ml will contain .25mg which is your daily dose correct?

So your schedule will look like this:

100ml/.25mg solution

Day 1:  100ml (divide into 2 even doses)

Day 2:  99ml (divide)

Day 3:  98ml

Day 4:  97ml

And so on....

Each 1ml represents .0025mg.  After you start,  you can them decide if you want to keep this rate, increase it, or slow down some.

Anne, I glad someone is checking my math.  I do make mistakes so I'm glad I have someone to catch them.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Doodle dog,

So here is a sample schedule based on Anne and SG57's suggestion:

100ml\.25mg

Day 1: 100ml

Day 2: 99.5ml

Day3:  99ml

Day 4: 98.5ml

And so on...

They are simple suggesting to start slower and see how is goes before you start reducing a full ml a day. Make sense?

Hello MT Buddies,

So on Sunday I start my taper.  Please forgive if I am asking too many questions.

So on:

day 1 stay the same

day 2 reduce by 1/2 ml

day 3 reduce by 1 ml

day 4 reduce by 1 1/2 ml

day 5 reduce by 2 ml

day 6 reduce by 2 1/2 ml

day 7 reduce by 3 ml

day 8 reduce by 3 1/2 ml

day 9 reduce by 4 ml

day 10 reduce by 4 1/2 ml

day 11 reduce by 5 ml

day 12 reduce by 5 1/2 ml

day 13 reduce by 6 ml

day 14 reduce by 6 1/2 ml

So I am still making the 200 ml solution right?

Do I take the reduced amount out of my morning dose?

I guess that I should just toss the removed amount?

I apologize that my mind is not quite grasping it all.

Thank you kindly buddies.  I hope that your tapers are going well.

Have a nice weekend.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Doodle,

Yes, this looks good.  Please keep asking questions.  It takes some time to get used to this. Just to review.

You are on 0.25 mg/day

Dissolve the pill in 2 mg alcohol.  Add 198 mL of water.  This gives you two days worth of doses (a total of 4 50 mL doses). Divide the 200 mL of liquid into two ( this will give you 100 mL for day 1 and 100 mL for the next day).

Working with the first 100 mL, remove 0.5 mL.  Divide into your two daily doses.

Next day, working with the 100 mL, remove 1.00 mL, divide into two daily doses

Day 3, you will again prepare 200 mL of liquid as you did on day 1. Then divide into two 100 mL portions.  Remove 1.5 mL from the 100 mL and divide into two doses for the day. 

Day 4, remove 1 mL from the 100 mL (this is the one you saved from the other day) and divide into your two daily doses

You are preparing 4 doses which will last you two days. I hope this makes sense.

Anne

Thanks so much, Anne.  Yes, it makes sense all except for once I removed my cut for that day do I divide the into 2 equal doses?  If they have to be equal how do I figure this amount out?

Thank you kindly.

doodle dog

Excuse my ignorance, SG, but is 150 proof the same as Everclear? If not, what "brand" comes in 150 proof? ANY brand?  Sorry, I've just never been into alcohol, so my knowledge bank is empty when it comes to this. So far so good with dissolving in 80 proof Vodka, but I'm still on a mega dose of clonazepam, as you know.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think Everclear comes in 151 proof and 190 proof.  Someone correct me if I am wrong. The percent alcohol is 1/2 the proof.  So, 80 proof is 40% alcohol, 150 proof is 75% alcohol and so on. Vodka comes in 80, 100, and 150 proof.  I do not know which brands though.  From what I have heard, 80 proof is working for people. Just to be cautious, swirl your liquid before measuring your dose.  Once you drink your dose you can then add a bit of water to the empty container and drink it.

Anne

Yep. Thanks, Anne. That's what I do (swish around water after taking the dose and swallow the liquid again). So far, seems to be working pretty well.

I appreciate all you do!!

Hugs,

Jeff

Is anyone else here dry cutting the ativan using a scale? I feel like I'm making good progress I'm down to 5.6mg from 6 in a month's time. I will do the .01 cuts every ten days till I get down to maybe 4.5 mg then probably switch to daily tapering. I'm having a few good days but it's probably cuz they upped my methadone a few mg all I know is I'm going through terrible psychological waves that are not any less severe from my original ct. I think it broke something in my brain and could never stabilize and gotta get off this stuff as my liver is not doing well at all :(all my scale doesn't seem to be very accurate either it's not too bad but it bounces around a lot in terms of .001 it fluctuate a few numbers from pill to pill. Wish I could do the titration but it's too complicated and my living situation it's too hard. But Idk I could really use some friends I think I push a lot of people away on here cuz my constant complaining and talking about my symptoms they are so severe it's completely taken over every aspect of my life.

I have had to take some large doses of valium for wisdom teeth extraction cuz they are doing one at a time over this last month I hope it's not throwing me off on my tapers or a huge wave looming in the near future because of valiums long half life. I do know that ativan has lost all therapeutic affects for me and am basically only taking it to make the withdrawal from it manageable.

Sorry for rambling I know most of this is better suited for another board but  yadayada sorry

Thanks for all your support I'm trying to reprogram my brain to think positive and focus on other things besides symptoms but 8 out of 10 days it completely takes over and I'm so I'll I'm dying or going insane  just not sure what thenext step is. Keep cutting I guess ? it hard to tell when is right because I never stabilize except when I have these weird Windows that I think are directly related to my methadone dose so confusing and terrifying. But my doctor seemed impressed that I was able to taper nearly .5 mg in a month hope I can continue at this rate. Today is a good day

Hippo, I'm glad today was a good day. I know I can't relate totally to what you're going through, but I have a decent idea. I know it's easier said than done, but if I were you I'd try to do ANYTHING to distract what you're going through. Even find the tiniest thing(s) you can enjoy, and then fixate and focus on THAT. You're stronger and more in control than you think. Once you grasp that concept, I'm confident that you'll handle the entire situation a lot better. You'll feel like you're in more control of the situation, and life WILL improve. Keep believin', my friend!!

Jeff

Had to ask.

Hugs to the whole gang!!

Jeff

Yep, Jeff. When I tapered from 4mg to 1.5 mg I got depressed. But I evened out eventually. This time when I started the taper last Nov, I got depressed again. It's a common sx, but you will even out. Just hang in there, bud. Our systems are so used to having these darn drugs in them. and so we will have some symptoms, but you will level out.

hugs

shannon

Thanks for the support, Shannon. Yeh, it's been somewhat of a b*tch, but I'm sure that being on the benzo stuff for well over two decades at a mega dose hasn't helped either  :)  Not to mention all the other trash that docs had me on over the years. Looking back, every time I told a psychiatrist that I was feeling "this way" or "that way", they'd say "here...take this pill for this and take this other pill for that". Mercy!  The good 'ol western medicine logic of "one pill for every ill". Gee. Next!!

Hugs back atcha,

Jeff

Sharkey

Thanks, Sharkey. I actually thought about a blog, but I was afraid the drama crowd might show up.  :o  You seem to be in a better place than I am right now and better equipped to let the drama roll off of you. Although, when that new baby comes, all bets are off! ;)

Wait a minute! Is this just a ploy to get my off-topic blabbing off of your thread?!  :laugh:

Lol no!!!  I will know something is wrong if you not blabbing here!!  :smitten:

Sharkey

Lol no!!!  I will know something is wrong if you not blabbing here!!  :smitten:

You got that right!  :thumbsup:

Hippo, I'm glad today was a good day. I know I can't relate totally to what you're going through, but I have a decent idea. I know it's easier said than done, but if I were you I'd try to do ANYTHING to distract what you're going through. Even find the tiniest thing(s) you can enjoy, and then fixate and focus on THAT. You're stronger and more in control than you think. Once you grasp that concept, I'm confident that you'll handle the entire situation a lot better. You'll feel like you're in more control of the situation, and life WILL improve. Keep believin', my friend!!

Jeff

Hiphop, I see that Ultra either needs his eyes examined, or he has nicknamed you Hippo!  ::) 

Since he suggests you find something to distract yourself from your symptoms, I suggest you might do that by making a list of potential nicknames for Ultra. ;D <-That is supposed to be my innocent look.

Had to ask.

Hugs to the whole gang!!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Thank you, Doodle!  You're a sweetheart  :smitten:

You are quite welcome Jeff.

As Shannon would say:  we can do this!

doodle dog

Hey Shaky

How are you doing since you stop tapering?  Are you having any wuthdrawals?

Ive had a few good days and a few bad days.  I have some new symptoms that come and go like tinnitus and for a few days it felt like someone was tinkling me with a feather randomly at night and was hard to sleep but that has gone away.  Today I had no physical symptoms at all!!  My cog fog is lifting and I feel a little better everyday.  I have some anxiety but mainly under stressful situations and i think, as I am benzo free, i will get better at handling those.  I am not in the clear yet but I am definitely seeing that this journey was worth it.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I finally wrote my benzo free celebration post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=137882.0

sharkey

Hey Sharkey,

I just read your celebration post.  Congratulations!

You are an inspiration.  Without your Daily Micro Tapering group (you & all of the members) I would not be on my path to healing.

Here's to your continued  healing.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

I finally wrote my benzo free celebration post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=137882.0

sharkey

Hey Sharkey,

I just read your celebration post.  Congratulations!

You are an inspiration.  Without your Daily Micro Tapering group (you & all of the members) I would not be on my path to healing.

Here's to your continued  healing.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Thanks doodle!  So glad it is helping you.  You got this!

Sharkey