Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hello dear buddies,

Hope all is well with your tapers.

I am only on day 2 of my taper and am having sort of extreme withdrawal symptoms, like jaw and arms and legs stiff, irritability and of course tinnitus.

Do you think that I am making my solution incorrectly?

I only have a 5ml oral syringe and was wondering can I still make cuts efficiently with it.  When you say on day 1 to cut to 99.5 (the .5 equals 1/2 ml.....right).  Would it be easier if I purchased a 1ml syringe.

I realize that probably am one of the "dumb ones."  But I am honestly confused.

Thanks,

doodle dog

i think i read somewhere and maybe from one of Perseverance's post that klonopin may bind to more of the GABA sub nuits than other benzo's -- and one of the reasons it is a bit harder than say valium. but i do agree that the xanax and ativan bites the big one too.

Hello dear buddies,

I am only on day 2 of my taper and am having sort of extreme withdrawal symptoms, like jaw and arms and legs stiff, irritability and of course tinnitus.

I only have a 5ml oral syringe and was wondering can I still make cuts efficiently with it.  When you say on day 1 to cut to 99.5 (the .5 equals 1/2 ml.....right).  Would it be easier if I purchased a 1ml syringe.

Thanks,

doodle dog

Doodle,

Do you use the syringe to measure out the 2 mL of vodka plus the 98 mL of water? 

Thanks

Anne

Sharkey how are you doing as far as withdrawal symptoms.

Today was symptoms free for the most part.  I had a little Tinnitus but not for long.  In the last 10 days ive had just some mild anxiety, tinnitus, some fatigue, and that's about it.  Crossing my fingers because im feeling like im almost out the woods.

sharkey

Sharkey, I am very happy for you! You deserve the very best, you are so kind and helpful to everyone in this forum,

:smitten:

Hello dear buddies,

Thanks,

doodle dog

Doodle did hold at full dose? How long?

Yes, .5ml is 1/2 a ml and you can use the 5ml syringe.

Briefly tell me how you make your solution.

Sharkey

i think i read somewhere and maybe from one of Perseverance's post that klonopin may bind to more of the GABA sub nuits than other benzo's -- and one of the reasons it is a bit harder than say valium. but i do agree that the xanax and ativan bites the big one too.

You know, I also read about how the different benzos bind to different subunits, but I can't remember where.  :(

If I do switch to K, I should start right off with putting it into a dilution and using it at full dose, right?

Also, are there any K tapers on here? I made the mistake of reading on the Klonopin Klub thread and am totally freaked out. Not going back there!

If I do switch to K, I should start right off with putting it into a dilution and using it at full dose, right?

Also, are there any K tapers on here? I made the mistake of reading on the Klonopin Klub thread and am totally freaked out. Not going back there!

you should probably do a slow transition.  switching a dose at a time if you decide to switch.  I tapered K and so did SG so we are very familiar with it.

Hi BB's,

Sorry to those 2 who felt like you needed to leave. I would hope you could stay around. I have been here for a couple of months, and asked SO MANY 'stupid' questions. Please don't feel stupid. I can testify also that Builder helps many people and he is just one of those 'straight to the point/direct' people. His comments really were not meant to cause offense. And his apology further shows that. I hope you can stay.

And now for my question of the day:

Can anyone tell me which are the shortest acting benzos? I know Ativan is, but what are the other shortest acting ones?

Gardener, I was originally thinking about switching over too, but I figured because I am so sensitive, it would just make it extra hard on me, so I'm sticking to Ativan. I know I can do it. I just need to go slow.

Shan

Hi BB's,

Sorry to those 2 who felt like you needed to leave. I would hope you could stay around. I have been here for a couple of months, and asked SO MANY 'stupid' questions. Please don't feel stupid. I can testify also that Builder helps many people and he is just one of those 'straight to the point/direct' people. His comments really were not meant to cause offense. And his apology further shows that. I hope you can stay.

Can anyone tell me which are the shortest acting benzos? I know Ativan is, but what are the other shortest acting ones?

Gardener, I was originally thinking about switching over too, but I figured because I am so sensitive, it would just make it extra hard on me, so I'm sticking to Ativan. I know I can do it. I just need to go slow.

Shan

Ativan & Xanax are the most common.  There are a bunch of others but i haven't heard of most of them.  Look at the chart on the link below and you will see the whole list.  It is the ones with the low half lifes:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm

sharkey

Hi BB's,

Shan

Ativan & Xanax are the most common.  There are a bunch of others but i haven't heard of most of them.  Look at the chart on the link below and you will see the whole list.  It is the ones with the low half lifes:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm

sharkey

Thanks Sharky,

wow, I see one there that has a half life of 2 hours. imagine trying to get off that one :o

It must be so neat when you think about being benzo free now. I remember when I cold turkied back in the day. I was going thru hell, but it felt super cool to know I had no drugs in my body. I can't wait for that day again :))))))

Hi BB's,

Shan

Right now I'm considering staying with X, crossing to K, crossing to L. The dosing 6 times a day is what's really getting to me. I even need a middle of the night dose. I am really tired of every day revolving around taking all those doses at the right times.

I meant to ask my psychiatrist about it on Monday, but completely forgot! So now I have another week to mull it over. He wants to see me next week. Seems I'm stuck with him, because my primary won't prescribe psych meds for me. Totally bummed and wondering if I should switch to a larger medical group that has more doctors and psychiatrists. Unfortunately, that would involve driving to the next county through a huge 5-year highway rebuilding project. Aaaaagh! That alone could set me back on my taper a month.  :o

Hi BB's,

Shan

Right now I'm considering staying with X, crossing to K, crossing to L. The dosing 6 times a day is what's really getting to me. I even need a middle of the night dose. I am really tired of every day revolving around taking all those doses at the right times.

I meant to ask my psychiatrist about it on Monday, but completely forgot! So now I have another week to mull it over. He wants to see me next week. Seems I'm stuck with him, because my primary won't prescribe psych meds for me. Totally bummed and wondering if I should switch to a larger medical group that has more doctors and psychiatrists. Unfortunately, that would involve driving to the next county through a huge 5-year highway rebuilding project. Aaaaagh! That alone could set me back on my taper a month.  :o

Yes, the dosing is a pain. Do you think it would be possible to dose 4 times daily?That's what Sharky did, and it's what I do with Ativan. I take one at 7am, 1pm, 7pm, 1pm (so they are all 6 hours a part) and that really helps me.

Shan

Yes, the dosing is a pain. Do you think it would be possible to dose 4 times daily?That's what Sharky did, and it's what I do with Ativan. I take one at 7am, 1pm, 7pm, 1pm (so they are all 6 hours a part) and that really helps me.

Shan

I only doses 2 times a day. but 4-6 is what is suggested for ativan and xanax.

Shan

I dose three times a day.  It works for me.

Anne

Shan

oops. Sorry, Sharky. I have no idea why my brain thought you dosed 4 times a day. :oops:

******* liquid sensitivity verses solid microtaper*********

I really do have a theory why some people, no matter who hard or often they try don't seem to do well with liquids.

Having tried the liquid myself for 2 days and feeling the different affects, reading the experiences on here, being a long standing multi-psych med user, supplement user etc.

I really believe it has something to do with the liquid being absorbed more easily, therefor hitting the system faster, and leaving the system faster. ESPECIALLY, if alcohol is used. Alcohol is known to be used in herbal medicines to help the liver absorb the herb better and faster. Alcoholic tinctures are the preferred method, over teas or capsules to get the deliver the herb into the system more efficiently and faster.

So, when we mix our benzo with the alcohol, in addition to the fact it is in liquid form, I do believe it is absorbed more efficiently into the blood stream at a faster rate therefore having more of a medicine 'spike' affect over a slow release 'curve' affect.

If you could take blood concentrations of the benzo and map it on an x/y axis for time and concentration of benzo in the blood, I believe the liquids would be more spikey, and the pills would be more of a steady curve.

It is similar to blood sugar spikes with food. You can eat the same amount of carbs and sugar, but if you eat one helping of the sugar with protein and fiber, you will have less of a spike, and if you eat the other without the protein and fiber, the sugar will be released and have more of a spike effect

So you're getting the same sugar in your blood, but you can clearly see how the method in which is delivered, absorbed and circulating in your blood affects how you feel with it.

I believe it is the same with liquid verses solid benzos (for many people).

It is also similar to many folks who are on a type of drug, verses the same type of drug in an sustained release version. Some people are fine dosing a drug a couple of times a day, because their bodies can handle the spikes and crashes more effectively. But other people must be put on an extended release form of this drug, so their body can have a steadier stream of it in there system without the spikes and crashes. The same drug, the same dose, just different ways its behaves in the body.

When I dosed the liquid doses for those 2 days. I could immediately notice it was hitting my system faster. It was having more of a spikey and then crashy like affect on me. Now, it's totally possible my body would get used to it. (fingers crossed it will)

But I just wanted to throw this out there to all the people who have tried and were unable to tolerate the liquid. You're not crazy. You are justified. You know your bodies. and I applaud you for continuing your tapers with the scales and solids.

hugs,

Shannon

Hi BB's,

Shan

Shan

I started with 5 and needed to go to 6. That improved things for a while, but now I'm off kilter again. It's just a terrible drug for me.  :(

Hi BB's,

Shan

Shan

I started with 5 and needed to go to 6. That improved things for a while, but now I'm off kilter again. It's just a terrible drug for me.  :(

OK, 6 it is. It's ok that 6 is what you need. It is a pain yes, but if it's what you need, then it you can still do this. I know there are many others who dose 6 times a day, too. 4-6 times a day is what is recommended, for Ativan and Xanax, like Sharky mentioned.

I noticed you said menopause was really hard for you because of hormones. Have you had your hormones tested via saliva or pee, to see what your levels are? I'm wondering if some natural things could help balance your hormones better, causing you to have better sleep and have an easier taper.

We can talk about it more on our 'second home' blog, since it's not really a microtaper issue. hehe

hugs,

Shan

hi everyone,

I just found this thread today. very interesting. I starte with the big cuts snd paid for it, then I went to smaller cuts of 10% but was still too much for me so I experimented.

I have been doing a version of the micro cut for 5 months and feel much better most of the time. I dry cut .02mg of Ativan every saturday. I started at 4 mg and presently im at 1.7mg. I use a gram scale. My .5mg pill weighs .5 g so it works easily. I dose 4 times a day and every 2 weeks I scrape and weigh the pills i need for the next 2 weeks.

I still work and run a household and help with taxi service for the grandkids when I can.

It's working well for me. Oh I took Ativan for 30 years.

Thanks,

Beth

hi everyone,

I just found this thread today. very interesting. I starte with the big cuts snd paid for it, then I went to smaller cuts of 10% but was still too much for me so I experimented.

I have been doing a version of the micro cut for 5 months and feel much better most of the time. I dry cut .02mg of Ativan every saturday. I started at 4 mg and presently im at 1.7mg. I use a gram scale. My .5mg pill weighs .5 g so it works easily. I dose 4 times a day and every 2 weeks I scrape and weigh the pills i need for the next 2 weeks.

I still work and run a household and help with taxi service for the grandkids when I can.

Thanks,

Beth

Welcome to the group Beth!

It will be nice to have your knowledge and experience here!

Stay strong!

sharkey

hi everyone,

Thanks,

Beth

Welcome to the group Beth!

It will be nice to have your knowledge and experience here!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks Sharkey,

Time to expand my experiences.

Beth

OK, 6 it is. It's ok that 6 is what you need. It is a pain yes, but if it's what you need, then it you can still do this. I know there are many others who dose 6 times a day, too. 4-6 times a day is what is recommended, for Ativan and Xanax, like Sharky mentioned.

I noticed you said menopause was really hard for you because of hormones. Have you had your hormones tested via saliva or pee, to see what your levels are? I'm wondering if some natural things could help balance your hormones better, causing you to have better sleep and have an easier taper.

We can talk about it more on our 'second home' blog, since it's not really a microtaper issue. hehe

hugs,

Shan

Thanks. Sounds good!

hi everyone,

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth!

Good to see you here, too!

Wow, you're last halfway now, Beth.

Just wanted to say hi. Hope Amy is doing better. :smitten:

Hi Beth,

Really nice to see you hear. I am glad you found something that is working for you.

hugs,

Shannon