Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

You are missing the point. If you want to do small cuts you need to dilute.  If you make a mistake without diluting it will hurt bad.  If you dilute first, you can much more accurately do cuts at whatever rate you want.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why is this such a difficult concept for many people?

Because our brains are fried!  :sick:

:thumbsup:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem to me that even if your brain is fried, you would still see its easier to measure by the gallon than by the milliliter!

:) :)

It would seem to me that even if your brain is fried, you would still see its easier to measure by the gallon than by the milliliter!

:) :)

When it is stated that simply, yes! Well, actually, probably!

Just a Dad - I had same issue as you did with liquid so now I am using a gram scale.  I suggest you come on by the Klonopin support group where many of us are micro tapering.

To start - buy gram scale on Amazon - best one you can afford.  I don't know if you dose 2 x's a day or one and that will make a difference in your weight but not how you much you cut.  You need to weigh 10 of your . 5mg pills divide by 10 to get your pill weight - most of us range between .170 to .173 but you will have your number. This is your base weight.

To start most of us cut .001 from our dose - so if you dose once per day that would be  for example  .172 start weight and drop to .171 next day etc.  then hold on day 4 and drop again and hold on day 4. If this is fine you can lessen your 4 day holds to hold every 7 days or if this is too fast then you can speed it up.  I would wait at least 2 weeks before you go any faster to see how you do. 

If you dose  2 x's per day you divide your pill weight in 1/2 so .172/2 =.086 for each pill by weight.  So your first cut is whichever dose you wish to start with either AM or PM

AM:  .086  PM  .085

AM  .085  PM  .085

until day 4 and then again you will hold. 

Again you can go slower - for example cut every other day if you wish to start and see how you do - and then you can speed it up.  Just listen to your own body.

To figure out how much klonopin you are on you take your total pill weight - for example .085 + .085 divide by your pill weight/.172 and multiply by .5

So:

.085 +.085 = .170/.172= .988 x .5 = .494

I hope this helps.  But again come to the Klonopin support board and Bennie and Clona will check my math.  I do stress that you will not be s/x free it just makes it more bearable but there are still good days and bad but not what I call the 'shock and awe' of a cut and hold. 

Some weeks I go w/o any holds and others like this week I slowed down and I am cutting every other day -that is the beauty of this you can still cut or hold depending on how you feel on that particular day.  I have  4 week pill holders and just move my pills down a day or two and then cut some other pills if I need to hold.

Is there another group that can answer questions regarding the numbers, measurements, liquid amounts, dosages, daily micro-tapering, etc? Not feeling comfortable asking any more questions here, don't want to be ridiculed because I'm not a math genius or don't understand a lot of this. I want to be able to ask a question and get an answer, that's it, nothing more.

Thanks to those who did answer my questions without trying to make me feel stupid.

Just a Dad - I had same issue as you did with liquid so now I am using a gram scale.  I suggest you come on by the Klonopin support group where many of us are micro tapering.

To start - buy gram scale on Amazon - best one you can afford.  I don't know if you dose 2 x's a day or one and that will make a difference in your weight but not how you much you cut.  You need to weigh 10 of your . 5mg pills divide by 10 to get your pill weight - most of us range between .170 to .173 but you will have your number. This is your base weight.

To start most of us cut .001 from our dose - so if you dose once per day that would be  for example  .172 start weight and drop to .171 next day etc.  then hold on day 4 and drop again and hold on day 4. If this is fine you can lessen your 4 day holds to hold every 7 days or if this is too fast then you can speed it up.  I would wait at least 2 weeks before you go any faster to see how you do. 

If you dose  2 x's per day you divide your pill weight in 1/2 so .172/2 =.086 for each pill by weight.  So your first cut is whichever dose you wish to start with either AM or PM

AM:  .086  PM  .085

AM  .085  PM  .085

until day 4 and then again you will hold. 

Again you can go slower - for example cut every other day if you wish to start and see how you do - and then you can speed it up.  Just listen to your own body.

To figure out how much klonopin you are on you take your total pill weight - for example .085 + .085 divide by your pill weight/.172 and multiply by .5

So:

.085 +.085 = .170/.172= .988 x .5 = .494

I hope this helps.  But again come to the Klonopin support board and Bennie and Clona will check my math.  I do stress that you will not be s/x free it just makes it more bearable but there are still good days and bad but not what I call the 'shock and awe' of a cut and hold. 

Some weeks I go w/o any holds and others like this week I slowed down and I am cutting every other day -that is the beauty of this you can still cut or hold depending on how you feel on that particular day.  I have  4 week pill holders and just move my pills down a day or two and then cut some other pills if I need to hold.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just a Dad, I have never tried liquid, but dry daily cutting is working for me, KGirl post is a very nice Taper plan  :smitten:

Is there another group that can answer questions regarding the numbers, measurements, liquid amounts, dosages, daily micro-tapering, etc? Not feeling comfortable asking any more questions here, don't want to be ridiculed because I'm not a math genius or don't understand a lot of this. I want to be able to ask a question and get an answer, that's it, nothing more.

Thanks to those who did answer my questions without trying to make me feel stupid.

enough2015, you can get help on the titration taper plans board.

Thanks, i was thinking the same thing.      I guess in their defense all I can say is that maybe they are having a really rough time and dont have the patience for us newcomers.    I try to give the benefit of the doubt but its really hard right now when I am about to embark on a very harrowing journey.    I really dont need to be told im stupid.  I may not agree with your diluting methods but that doesnt make me stupid.   

I think its best I just move along.

Sharky thank you very mich for answering all of my questions.

And to New Dad or whatever the name was, i personally dont believe a micro taper is the way to go.   

Set a time limit with a slow easy taper, dont be afraid to go a little past that time limit.  Remember that this is different for everyone and most forums have people who are suffering the most.   

If i were you, and this is what i am doing, i would get the math you need, dont taper for 2 years, dont switch to valium, and dont spend your days reading  about this stuff.    It is anxiety inducing. 

Get the info you need then set hour mind to just do it and go about your life.    Come back to ask questions if you have them, ask someone nice like that guy Sharky. 

Thats the best advice anyone will ever give you.  I can promise you that.

Good luck to you all. 

B

If you're referring to my post (about dilution and measurement) and it offended you, I'm sorry.  I meant no offense to anyone.  I made a simple observation about what seems to be a common issue with titration, and frankly, an issue that causes many people difficulty when they try to titrate.

If you scroll through this forum you will see MANY people have asked many questions and gotten lots of good answers.  You might even notice that I spend a lot of time and energy here giving advice and answering question.  I can't imagine any other forum where you could get so much GOOD advice about liquid titration and micro-tapering.

And regardless of who's posts have offended  you, I learned in the early days of message boards (ANY kind of message board) if your overly sensitive, you probably won't like message boards.

We don't always agree, but we share the best ideas we have.

Thank you for your honest response, builder.

And now I hope we can return to our regularly scheduled programming.

If you're referring to my post (about dilution and measurement) and it offended you, I'm sorry.  I meant no offense to anyone.  I made a simple observation about what seems to be a common issue with titration, and frankly, an issue that causes many people difficulty when they try to titrate.

If you scroll through this forum you will see MANY people have asked many questions and gotten lots of good answers.  You might even notice that I spend a lot of time and energy here giving advice and answering question.  I can't imagine any other forum where you could get so much GOOD advice about liquid titration and micro-tapering.

And regardless of who's posts have offended  you, I learned in the early days of message boards (ANY kind of message board) if your overly sensitive, you probably won't like message boards.

Not agreeing and sharing ideas is all well and food and great.

Howebver, remarking " why is this such a difficult concept for so many people" is not sharing ideas or agreeing or disagreeing.      It is making someone feel harrassed or stupid or less than.  And that my friend is NOT NICE.

Im out of here I cant deal with mean people.

Good luck just a dad and i hope yoy will take my sincere advice that i posted to you.    Staying on a forum all day and keeping yourself in a bad head space and in a place of pain will delay your recovery and healing, not help it. 

Again, thank you Sharky!!!  Your a very nice person. 

Enough and Barnone, I am very sorry you feel this way, some BBs made me feel real stupid when I started my taper, I just try to think that healing is a long process and they are not healed yet, I am becoming very irritable myself  :D

Not agreeing and sharing ideas is all well and food and great.

Howebver, remarking " why is this such a difficult concept for so many people" is not sharing ideas or agreeing or disagreeing.      It is making someone feel harrassed or stupid or less than.  And that my friend is NOT NICE.

Im out of here I cant deal with mean people.

Good luck just a dad and i hope yoy will take my sincere advice that i posted to you.    Staying on a forum all day and keeping yourself in a bad head space and in a place of pain will delay your recovery and healing, not help it. 

Again, thank you Sharky!!!  Your a very nice person.

I'm gone too. Thanks sharkey for the info and good luck. I think I have enough information to get me to the end.

Bye!

Simmer down people.  I have helped a lot of people with builder and I guarantee there was no personal attack in his words.  He dedicates a lot of time on these boards with taper plans.  He is some times too direct for some people but his intentions are always to help.  Sorry to see you 2 go but if it gets you off benzos then do what you must.

Stay strong people! :smitten:

Sharkey

Well put Builder, I think getting off benzos can make people over sensitive and that needs to be realized. It's a normal thing that happens from these drugs. I have never got the impression from you that you were out to make people feel stupid. You are to the point and don't beat around the bush. I for one appreciate all the bits of knowledge I have gleaned from reading these MT threads, and the help you and others have given to newcomers.

Well put Builder, I think getting off benzos can make people over sensitive and that needs to be realized. It's a normal thing that happens from these drugs. I have never got the impression from you that you were out to make people feel stupid. You are to the point and don't beat around the bush. I for one appreciate all the bits of knowledge I have gleaned from reading these MT threads, and the help you and others have given to newcomers.

DITTO

Sharkey, I see at some point you quit X and started K. Did you go directly from X to K?

Gardner

Yes i did.  it was a long time ago but i dont remember a difference.  Just please note that they are different and people do experience differences.  I was hoping someone else would chime in with an opinion on the subject.

sharkey

Sharkey how are you doing as far as withdrawal symptoms.

Today was symptoms free for the most part.  I had a little Tinnitus but not for long.  In the last 10 days ive had just some mild anxiety, tinnitus, some fatigue, and that's about it.  Crossing my fingers because im feeling like im almost out the woods.

sharkey

Today was symptoms free for the most part.  I had a little Tinnitus but not for long.  In the last 10 days ive had just some mild anxiety, tinnitus, some fatigue, and that's about it.  Crossing my fingers because im feeling like im almost out the woods.

sharkey

That is so wonderful to hear!

sharkey

That's good to hear Sharkey.

Here's to your healing.

doodle  dog

sharkey

Sharkey,

This is great news. I was reading where K is the hardest benzo to get off of and I just do not want to have that be the case for me. I just want to taper off of the Clonazepam and be done.  You're situation gives me hope. And you worked too.  I focus on these positive situations. 

Keep strong!

Shaani

sharkey

Sharkey,

This is great news. I was reading where K is the hardest benzo to get off of and I just do not want to have that be the case for me. I just want to taper off of the Clonazepam and be done.  You're situation gives me hope. And you worked too.  I focus on these positive situations. 

Keep strong!

Shaani

Shaani, I have never heard that about K. Everything I've read says X is the hardest. I'm thinking of switching to K because the X is so hard. The general rule seems to be the shorter acting the harder the withdrawal. K is somewhat short but nothing like X or A.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2172250-overview

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

Shaani, I have never heard that about K. Everything I've read says X is the hardest. I'm thinking of switching to K because the X is so hard. The general rule seems to be the shorter acting the harder the withdrawal. K is somewhat short but nothing like X or A.

It may be anecdotal.  That is what I get for reading other threads. I was told K is supposed to be easier than X by the PDoc years ago.  My sister quit X ct with no WDs.  After more than 5 years of using it. Granted, I have been on K a lot longer, and truly think it was being on Seroquel in the past that made my CNS more sensitive.  I have mild tolerance WD due to a supplement I took in early May, but have stabilized for the most part.  Sleeping normally will be a relief some day.  Thanks for sharing.  I am going to believe I can taper from the K and not worry about what others may say. 

Take care.  Hang tough! 

Shaani

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2172250-overview

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines