Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[58...]

[58...]

Like your card, ins. Can you get packs of twenty?! x

Ha!  I think each of us should have at least that many.

Love the Churchill quote, Gilly.

Thank you. 

:mybuddy:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite things is a poem. My wife trained for an Ironman (finished twice - 2007 - 2008) and she used to love watching GI Jane. So I got exposed to that movie a lot. Here's a clip.

In that movie is a poem that's quoted and then shown at the ending of that clip above. This is the poem.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough

without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Now in the context of the movie I think it's supposed to mean that wild things are to be appreciated for not having self-pity. For being tough and strong. I gave my wife a copy of the movie and a framed picture of this poem when I was helping to motivate her on to her first Ironman and that was my meaning as well. She was wild and daring and strong and had no self-pity, enduring all kinds of pain and setbacks on the way to her goal.

In the context of my taper and my future recovery I prefer to see it this way. That wild thing, unlike humans with our overactive minds, lives moment to moment. There is no other choice. We who are surviving withdrawal are similar. We endure and we have to be strong. There's no other choice. It's what we do. We're strong because we have to be and it's an impressive strength that deserves to be celebrated every bit as much as winning a race.

[58...]

Hi Ins, PD, CD and All.  :) Just wanted to say that. :)

Snowy

Snowy,

Have a most beautiful week, very kind friend.

:smitten:

Snowy

Snowy,

Thanks Ins. Many blessings to you always. :smitten:

[58...]

One of my favorite things is a poem. My wife trained for an Ironman (finished twice - 2007 - 2008) and she used to love watching GI Jane. So I got exposed to that movie a lot. Here's a clip.

In that movie is a poem that's quoted and then shown at the ending of that clip above. This is the poem.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough

without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Now in the context of the movie I think it's supposed to mean that wild things are to be appreciated for not having self-pity. For being tough and strong. I gave my wife a copy of the movie and a framed picture of this poem when I was helping to motivate her on to her first Ironman and that was my meaning as well. She was wild and daring and strong and had no self-pity, enduring all kinds of pain and setbacks on the way to her goal.

In the context of my taper and my future recovery I prefer to see it this way. That wild thing, unlike humans with our overactive minds, lives moment to moment. There is no other choice. We who are surviving withdrawal are similar. We endure and we have to be strong. There's no other choice. It's what we do. We're strong because we have to be and it's an impressive strength that deserves to be celebrated every bit as much as winning a race.

Stephen,

Welcome, and congratulations to your wife and to you.

I appreciate the movie clip and poem and absolutely love your outlook.

Thank you, for the inspiration. 

We are, indeed, strong.

Thank you, for joining us.

:mybuddy:

[58...]

Snowy

Snowy,

Thank you, Snowy.

Snowy

Snowy,

Thank you, Snowy.

[58...]

Good morning just wanted to wish everyone a good Monday ~Huggs ~CD

CD,

Wishing you a very nice day and week.

Summer is winding down ...

Will you be out on your boat again anytime soon?

I haven't had one cook-out this summer, nor done any of the summery kinds of things.

Well, I'm more of an Autumn person - and that beautiful time of year will be here before we know it.

Hugs for you

:hug:

[58...]

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb149/xo-eden/bestfriendsforever-2.jpg

:: Ingrid, Tracy, PD, Gilly, Lily, Fluter, Duckie, ABCD, Lapis, Nancy, Blue ::

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh239/12spencer12/CHILDREN/Children_Hugging_307-1.jpg

::  CD,  3,  Snowy,  Stephen,  Mr. Anderson, Tex,  LFree, Steve  :: 

CD,

I haven't had one cook-out this summer, nor done any of the summery kinds of things.

Well, I'm more of an Autumn person - and that beautiful time of year will be here before we know it.

Hugs for you

Ins. I have not done alot this summer myself been on the Boat some and hoping to get on it in the middle of the week. Not even taken my Harley out but once so kinda trying to tell myself it`s ok as this taper has to be seen thru so fighting the self guilt bit so i need to work on that as what`s done is done ! I have always been a Fall person myself i just hope it`s a nice long one! You have a great day and an even better week. Huggs ~CD

[58...]

CD,

Hugs for you

Ins. I have not done alot this summer myself been on the Boat some and hoping to get on it in the middle of the week. Not even taken my Harley out but once so kinda trying to tell myself it`s ok as this taper has to be seen thru so fighting the self guilt bit so i need to work on that as what`s done is done ! I have always been a Fall person myself i just hope it`s a nice long one! You have a great day and an even better week. Huggs ~CD

Yes, we cannot guilt ourselves into feeling bad about what we haven't done when we are fighting a war...

That really is it -- war.

You are doing a great job with your taper, CD.

And, for all of the support you give to me and others -  THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.

[3d...]

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/46/you-cant-buy-happiness-but-you-can-buy-coffee-and-thats-pretty-close.jpg

Coffee is a JOY every morning, for me!  :)

:thumbsup::smitten:

Ins, all going ok today i hope so talking of cofFee drinking a cup right now  :laugh: Itake mine black Ingrid~ Huggs ~CD PS: Iam sweet enough i don`t need any sugar  :P

CD Black coffee is probably much healthier than the way I drink it....lots of whole milk  :D And you are a sweety!  ;D

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb149/xo-eden/bestfriendsforever-2.jpg

:: Ingrid, Tracy, PD, Gilly, Lily, Fluter, Duckie, ABCD, Lapis, Nancy, Blue ::

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh239/12spencer12/CHILDREN/Children_Hugging_307-1.jpg

::  CD,  3,  Snowy,  Stephen,  Mr. Anderson, Tex,  LFree, Steve  :: 

Creative Lady...Ins :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvXZQl7Nmxj2swOTIwXRQuTvK3_QF04QLi8fxgjESDFtkFxj0q

I wish we could all walk this path together today.  :smitten:

Ingrid, That's beautiful. What a great idea!  :) I'll meet all of you guys there. 8):)

Snowy :)