Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[24...]

[24...]

Ins, Good Morning have any extra energy to share ? Any great plans for today? Huggs ~CD

CD,

My plan for the day is to get some errands run and possibly get to the park

for a walk.  It has cooled off a little after last evening's rain. 

It's actually a good day for resting, but I'm not

always successful when it comes to that. 

Do you have plans for today?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ins. this site is screwed up i write a message then it vanishes ? Anyway have a great day and yes getting out and about is always good ~Huggs ~CD

[24...]

Ins. this site is screwed up i write a message then it vanishes ? Anyway have a great day and yes getting out and about is always good ~Huggs ~CD

CD, I'm having connection problems.

Try to enjoy your day, my friend.

Hugs for you :mybuddy:

[24...]

“Which way you ought to go depends on where you want to get to...”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

[24...]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CvDCiEFbNy8/TO3Jmj_cHtI/AAAAAAAAdTw/ItjbRHOL72U/s640/Eastman%2BJohnson%2B%2528American%2Bpainter%252C%2B1824-1906%2529%2BThe%2BGirl%2BI%2BLeft%2BBehind%2BMe.jpg

It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing

while we are still alive.  There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good,

and we must hunger for them.

- George Eliot

[f9...]

This is the first time Ive been able to log onto this site today. So, HELLOOOO!!  ;D

"We can develop our minds infinitely-there is not limitation. Many of us are discontent with how many possessions we have, but we are content when it comes to our spiritual development. That is the mistake we make."- His Holiness the 14th Dali Lama

"When you're down, you come up again. So it's a roller coaster ride of shadows and sunshine...and that's the way I guess it's gonna be."-Arthur Motyer

[24...]

Helloooo Ingrid, ;D

I love the quotes you have shared!

So true, both of them.   

Hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs for you always,

Ins

:hug:

http://thewowstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Music-Feelings-music-quotes.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAAI4ov4SnnzH0wK0e9GNJFhF8QKJIve2PdCz6lav2PFolHS_n2g

MORNIN INSM, AND ALL WHO PASS THIS WAY,

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT ABOUT MUSIC, AND I KNOW YOU KNOW MUSIC!  IT'S EASY TO GET LOST IN...ISN'T IT :) 

SO....

LET THE MUSIC FIND YOU...

LET THE MUSIC GROOVE YOU...

LET THE MUSIC SOOTHE YOU...

LET THE MUSIC HEAL YOU...

WISHING ALL A MUSICALLY FULFILLING LIFE!

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

[24...]

http://thewowstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Music-Feelings-music-quotes.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAAI4ov4SnnzH0wK0e9GNJFhF8QKJIve2PdCz6lav2PFolHS_n2g

MORNIN INSM, AND ALL WHO PASS THIS WAY,

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT ABOUT MUSIC, AND I KNOW YOU KNOW MUSIC!  IT'S EASY TO GET LOST IN...ISN'T IT :) 

SO....

LET THE MUSIC FIND YOU...

LET THE MUSIC GROOVE YOU...

LET THE MUSIC SOOTHE YOU...

LET THE MUSIC HEAL YOU...

WISHING ALL A MUSICALLY FULFILLING LIFE!

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

Thank you, Fluter

Hope your weekend is relaxing. 8)

Hugs,

Ins

:smitten:

[24...]

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.      John Watson.

Marvelous quote, Gilly. :thumbsup:

I hope your weekend is coming along smoothly.

Hugs for you,

Ins

I know we are all struggling on this site. But tonight to cheer myself up a bit I have been looking up Oscar Wilde quotations. This is a cracker! Well, it made me smile...

The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated.

What a genius! Hope it made you smile, wherever you are. xxx

Hi ins, up and downer. Love to you and little Charlie (though you have not yet indicated breed. Could be a Great Dane!!!

Much love. Gilly xxx

[24...]

Hi ins, up and downer. Love to you and little Charlie (though you have not yet indicated breed. Could be a Great Dane!!!

Much love. Gilly xxx

http://107.21.224.118/www.allsmalldogbreeds.com/photos/plog-content/thumbs/breed/shetland-sheepdog/large/1241-shetland-sheepdog.jpg

Gilly,

He's a Shetland Sheepdog.    :)

He's 3 years old; I've had him since he was 7 weeks and cannot imagine life without him.

He's by far the most intelligent and loving dog I've ever had.

How is Tilly doing today? 

Are there any Sister Wendy fans here? If you have not seen Sister Wendy Becket, you can find her various art commentary clips on YouTube. I saw her one day on PBS (in the middle of a wave), and found her voice so soothing that I purchased her DVD set.

I loved the Ocar Wilde quote :)

Hope you are doing ok Ins, been thinking of you and wishing you the best...

Hello again insy, Tilly is fine thank you. I am at one corner and she is as far away as she can get without leaving the bed. Yes, definitely cat behaviour. But when I snuggle down later she will come and settle down for a tummy tickle. Charlie is absolutely gorgeous! What a stunning dog. I would send you a pic of the Tillster, but you know how technically adept I am!

Still can't wait for book to come. More than a month. Ludicrous. They will not get many stars for delivery! Hugs to you and Charming Charlie! xxx

[24...]

Hello again insy, Tilly is fine thank you. I am at one corner and she is as far away as she can get without leaving the bed. Yes, definitely cat behaviour. But when I snuggle down later she will come and settle down for a tummy tickle. Charlie is absolutely gorgeous! What a stunning dog. I would send you a pic of the Tillster, but you know how technically adept I am!

Still can't wait for book to come. More than a month. Ludicrous. They will not get many stars for delivery! Hugs to you and Charming Charlie! xxx

Tilly, sounds like a love!

What would we do without our pets.  They bring so much joy.

I cannot imagine what has happened to your book, Gilly. :(

That's maddening.

Hope you have a relaxing night, and I love the Oscar Wilde quote. 

Thank you.

Love, Ins :hug:

[24...]

Are there any Sister Wendy fans here? If you have not seen Sister Wendy Becket, you can find her various art commentary clips on YouTube. I saw her one day on PBS (in the middle of a wave), and found her voice so soothing that I purchased her DVD set.

I loved the Ocar Wilde quote :)

Hope you are doing ok Ins, been thinking of you and wishing you the best...

Tracy,

I'm not familiar with Sister Wendy, but will check her out of youtube.   

Thank you, for being such a great friend, and I hope you have a

peaceful night.

Hugs for you,

Ins

Hi who-am-i,  Really glad you liked the Wilde quotation. Was a bit more lighthearted than most of the quotations so wasn't sure about using it. Wilde was a complete one-off and most probably suffered depression too. A sensitive soul residing in Reading Gaol for something that is most correctly not a crime any more. He would be overjoyed at the huge strides made in Gay Rights.

I know who Sister Wendy is. And I am interested in art. What a good idea to look her up on YouTube. She has a real way of getting inside the paintings. I will most definitely look that up. It is midnight here, but will probably still do that tonight. Gosh what a rebel I am...not!  Thanks very much. Gilly xxx

Ps good idea ins eh? x

Sorry, I'm gabbing on tonight, but I found another exquisite Wilde quotation.

Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken

from you.

Beautiful, isn't it? 

[24...]

Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken

from you.

Beautiful, isn't it?

This is beautiful, Gilly :thumbsup:

Thank you!

[f9...]

from you.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Yes, this is a truly beautiful quote!  :smitten:

Why, thank you Ingrid!  Always in thrall to my hero Oscar. Such a wonderful wit but such a sad life. My daughter informs me that when he was in Reading Gaol he said  'If this is the way the Queen treats her prisoners then she doesn't deserve to have any! '.      So bittersweet......x

[f9...]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB-OfMCAzQVjmc3nYwjHO671CTk2jx-8dhipkSvR_iEZNXogrV

Woe is me...again. My son was here and gone...again. Back to college, back to his life. It's so bittersweet, really. I feel such a mix of pride and pain...searing soul pain, a homesickness feeling-and yet, Im home, and he's not... :(