why cant she just pull herself together and go to work

[Be...]

Please don't compare yourself to Woof's story or anyone elses. Its a total waste of your time. You will get through this - you will be surprised at how strong you really are. Going through this makes us feel so helpless; we have lost control over ourselves and its scary. But, when you start to feel your healing, you will look back and be proud of yourself for getting through it. And you will heal, you will get through this.

east

:)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ea...]

• [Mo...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

As Eastcoast says you will get through this, you have to, benzos stole almost everything from you so don't let them win, every case is different and you only have to read the success stories to see that and also that time on makes no difference, once the receptor changes have been altered they will take your own unique time to revert..

I only feel like I will never heal cause of the duration but I have seen many others heal since I came here so why should we be any different, we can't help how we think as our brain chemistry is altered and it lies to us and tells us we are trapped this way forever..

As they all say everyone heals eventually, it's the not known when is the real torture..

My fiancée says I'm healing but cause I'm still in so much mental pain I can't see it but I'm not bed bound anymore so something must have switched but cause I'm not me I can't see or feel it but my fiancée says she sees the evidence so I don't see how she can be wrong..

Trust and listen to those who have made it as us who are still suffering can't see the light just yet but I know you will make it, you got to make it and take back everything that these drugs took from you, your Mum believes in you and so do we all here, we know and believe what your going through is real and with love, understanding and support you will make it..

Best Wishes

Woofs

Very nice post, Woofs. Germangirl is very suggestible right now. She absorbs everything she reads (at least, the negative stuff-) and assumes the same will go for her. We need to be positive with her, and let her know that YES we do heal, but our own unique rates. Im at two years, too. I am satisfied with my progress, which has been considerable. Yes, I still have some symptoms, but I can deal with them by now....I still do all those things that helped me get through that first awful year.

Glad you are doing better......and let the healing continue!

east

:thumbsup:

As Eastcoast says you will get through this, you have to, benzos stole almost everything from you so don't let them win, every case is different and you only have to read the success stories to see that and also that time on makes no difference, once the receptor changes have been altered they will take your own unique time to revert..

I only feel like I will never heal cause of the duration but I have seen many others heal since I came here so why should we be any different, we can't help how we think as our brain chemistry is altered and it lies to us and tells us we are trapped this way forever..

As they all say everyone heals eventually, it's the not known when is the real torture..

My fiancée says I'm healing but cause I'm still in so much mental pain I can't see it but I'm not bed bound anymore so something must have switched but cause I'm not me I can't see or feel it but my fiancée says she sees the evidence so I don't see how she can be wrong..

Trust and listen to those who have made it as us who are still suffering can't see the light just yet but I know you will make it, you got to make it and take back everything that these drugs took from you, your Mum believes in you and so do we all here, we know and believe what your going through is real and with love, understanding and support you will make it..

Best Wishes

Woofs

Ps, my first response was not to frighten you or anyone else, it was to validate what your going through is real, I went from a very successful businessman who feared nothing in business or life to an agoraphobic fearful wreck after only 2 weeks initial use so my story was just backing up outsiders disbelief, if this can happen to me then yes the drugs done it, nothing else..

I never took a prescription drug before and never in my life had any mental problems so how else in earth did I get like this, the drugs done this to you full stop, so now you got to keep fighting like me and get your life back, the man of your dreams will find you and life will be good again, we got to believe that, you can do it and you will do it..

Bless You

Woofs

Very nice post, Woofs. Germangirl is very suggestible right now. She absorbs everything she reads (at least, the negative stuff-) and assumes the same will go for her. We need to be positive with her, and let her know that YES we do heal, but our own unique rates. Im at two years, too. I am satisfied with my progress, which has been considerable. Yes, I still have some symptoms, but I can deal with them by now....I still do all those things that helped me get through that first awful year.

Glad you are doing better......and let the healing continue!

east

Thank you East

God if we can do it and get this far then our German friend will and for all she knows she could be well healed before us, no one but no one knows..

If I'm to be honest I have improved in some ways but I'm still not who I was before, I know he is in there as he tells me so for me I think the DP/DR is what tortures me the most..

But like you I have no choice but to make it, nothing ever best me before so this can't either, I'm too stubborn to let it win and more than anything I want my life back so I'm going to keep fighting until I get it, I'm hoping the next 3 months will see me back, the old me, the real me..

Best Wishes East

Woofs

also with the things they will let themselves try in order to get better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

couldn't stay away. lol 

come on german girl, stop trying to have the last word, :oXo::pokey::oXo::pokey::boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: please just stop looking at the computer for a bit…….. :nono:

What is so special about you that you are not going to get better :idiot: - I give up,  :stretcher:

I am really not going to come back to this thread for  a bit, you are giving me too much grief :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff::pokey::oXo::pokey::oXo::pokey::boxer::pokey::boxer::pokey: :pokey: :oXo: :oXo: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer::oXo:

:highfive::hug::highfive::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

:smitten:

thanks everyone.

she says she used be bearable in the evenings and nights. the past few days even this is not the case. she can hardly move the past few days and is in a terror horror fear ball in bed.

just to update.  :'(

Some of us don't have windows and it doesn't mean anything bad. Its just our way of healing...slow, slow and more slow. But we are healing every second of every minute, and don't ever doubt that.

Yes, distract. Sorry, but that really is your best bet. Sitting around thinking these thoughts over and over just makes them stronger.

east

I can hardly move. Distracting is impossible. I am crippled by everyone aroubd me telling me i am severly mentally ill..tellibg me i want to be ill. Why the hell should i want this. I want my life back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but yes you can distract even if you can "hardly move."  And you can choose not to be "crippled" by what anyone else is saying to you, or what you think they are saying. You can CHOOSE to do the things we suggest. Or, you can choose NOT to, and continue to feel miserable. We keep telling you the ways others before you (long before you!) have found to cope with these things. Because they do work!

You can have your life back...maybe it will be even better. It has been for me, and there is no reason I know of why you would be any different.

Start reading some Success Stories, please. You can do that in bed. There are hundreds of them, you cant have read all of them yet. Listen to what these people say, do what they did, to start feeling better. It is not impossible, but it will be if you don't try and keep trying, over and over.

Go on now, start reading....distract, woman, distract.

east

:)

I was able to distract a lot by daydreaming.  It's easy, free and very relaxing.  Close your eyes and imagine yourself somewhere else doing anything you want to do, I was able to relief myself of much pain and fear by doing this. It takes some practice at first but eventually I would daydream for hours daily for several months and it kept me alive. When a bad unbearable wave would hit I could instantly go to my happy place.  I'm now close to healed and no longer need that tool but it helped me so much while I was bedridden.

Molly :smitten:

Thanks molly. I try that alot too. I end up crying.

At 8 months i read them all. Except the ones saying 3/5 years out. I distract and distract and distract. I do. But the deadly feeling is bigger. Thanks east.

Nevermind.

Molly, what a lovely post! And a lovely suggestion, too. I think that call that "positive Imaging" or something like that. Its similar to what I do, which is to reverse any negative thoughts into the positive opposite. You are so right, its hard to do at first, but gets easier and easier until it slowly becomes natural and a god habit.

east

No need to be embarrassed about finding a way to cope with all this stuff! I think its great that you have found something that works, and that you do it.

east

we found a Dr that believes in the Benzo WD to take a long time months/years. He said IF it would be that with me, i would have physical symptoms.....like I said.

we found a Dr that believes in the Benzo WD to take a long time months/years. He said IF it would be that with me, i would have physical symptoms.....like I said.

Interesting, thats why i had asked you about the past, remember ? so what

does he think it is ? Did he give you a diagnosis ?