6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Ok buddies....send me all your strong thoughts.  On my way to school with Halloween treats.  First time in months....head pressure and mild anxiety...going anyway. I have read that head pressure can be a s/x that comes and goes for months.....I am not waiting months and months more for pre- entry.  Here I go.  Crosws your fingers. I will confess to taking 6 mg of propanolol and an excedrin.  Only staying through lunch.. but having some anxiety..  going with and in spite of.  coop

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Anxiety seems to be better, now back to the blahs and the blues...and so I continue, slow and steady!

Hope everyone finds relief today!

:smitten:

GMIT, I remember that kind of cycling.  It goes away like any other sx.  Although it's extremely unsettling when you have it.  Take heart.  It passes

Green...I needed to hear that more than you know!! THANK YOU!!! Feeling so desperate today!

Coop ... good for you Coop ... have a great time ... there is a difference between tolerate and enjoy ... the Rx for today is enjoy ...

:)

Green ... I have 38 synapses left ... counted them the other day ... and the cool thing is they re-charge overnight sometimes ... today I am working with 26 ... the other 12 are resting ...

:angel:

GMIT ... how are you doing? ... hope things settle down for you real soon ... we work so hard at this stuff ... we all need a break ...  :smitten:

Whoot ... so good to hear things are morphing into the "tolerable" for you ... sounds like you have "graduated" from acute ... you can be so proud of what you have accomplished ... a while longer and all this will be like one of those Saskatchewan blizzards that are hard in the moment and then fade from memory ...

GMIT ... how are you doing? ... hope things settle down for you real soon ... we work so hard at this stuff ... we all need a break ...  :smitten:

Hi Nova!

To be honest, I want to quit! That's honestly how I feel!! Of course, I know it's not an option...but I don't feel like it gets better than this, and THIS is not acceptable! That's the truth!!

So, I will just try to float through today, this minute or hour, pray it does get better!

I hope you're feeling better! I hope everyone is feeling better!

GMIT ... I know the "quit" place ... as do many others ... I have walked up to that "line" more times than I can count ...

And each time I walk away from it I always find myself so grateful that I am still moving forward ... that's the only direction I know ... the only acceptable possibility ...

We have all put so much into this journey ... and most days it does not "make sense" to me ... I know it will make sense when I complete this journey ... then I can look back and realize what a marvelous gift I have given myself ...

Hang on, my friend ... we will get there ...

GMIT ... I know the "quit" place ... as do many others ... I have walked up to that "line" more times than I can count ...

And each time I walk away from it I always find myself so grateful that I am still moving forward ... that's the only direction I know ... the only acceptable possibility ...

We have all put so much into this journey ... and most days it does not "make sense" to me ... I know it will make sense when I complete this journey ... then I can look back and realize what a marvelous gift I have given myself ...

Hang on, my friend ... we will get there ...

I truly want to thank you from the bottom of my heart (and more) because I appreciate you being there SO much!

Everyone..thank you!!

Ok buddies....send me all your strong thoughts.  On my way to school with Halloween treats.  First time in months....head pressure and mild anxiety...going anyway. I have read that head pressure can be a s/x that comes and goes for months.....I am not waiting months and months more for pre- entry.  Here I go.  Crosws your fingers. I will confess to taking 6 mg of propanolol and an excedrin.  Only staying through lunch.. but having some anxiety..  going with and in spite of.  coop

Yeah!! -- Good for you Coop!! Its only anxiety and panic -- we've been to the doc a bunch of times already for it, so we know nothing can harm ya! You GOT this, girl. Love to ya :)

Mrs. :smitten:

PS: I also have used small doses of propranolol for preventative helps, and have appreciated its assistance :) That's just me, of course :) I know that's not for everyone :) Looking forward to hearing about your day later on!! :)

Coop-- i am thinking of you, you are very brave! I think your gonna do fantastic today! BTW my head pressure has been gone for about 2 weeks now, of course it's been replaced with other sx  ??? But at least I'm getting some relief in that department. Can't wait to hear about your day.

GMIT-- I've had that blah feeling so many times, apathetic. It will go away for you, promise :). Feel better!

I just thought I'd throw this out there-- if anyone wants to start a 12-18 month thread??? Otherwise I think I might start one.  I need someone ahead of me to tell me it gets better. Kinda like the 6 monthers are on here. So if anyone wants to start it let me know, Garton-- I thought I read you say a while back you wanted to?

Coop-- i am thinking of you, you are very brave! I think your gonna do fantastic today! BTW my head pressure has been gone for about 2 weeks now, of course it's been replaced with other sx  ??? But at least I'm getting some relief in that department. Can't wait to hear about your day.

GMIT-- I've had that blah feeling so many times, apathetic. It will go away for you, promise :). Feel better!

I just thought I'd throw this out there-- if anyone wants to start a 12-18 month thread??? Otherwise I think I might start one.  I need someone ahead of me to tell me it gets better. Kinda like the 6 monthers are on here. So if anyone wants to start it let me know, Garton-- I thought I read you say a while back you wanted to?

Heya Jenny,

I believe there already is a 12-18 month thread on here. Its small starting thus far, but it could grow w/ a couple 'graduates' heading over that direction, I'm sure. Its found here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=112800.0

Take care,

Anxiety seems to be better, now back to the blahs and the blues...and so I continue, slow and steady!

Hope everyone finds relief today!

GMIT, I remember that kind of cycling.  It goes away like any other sx.  Although it's extremely unsettling when you have it.  Take heart.  It passes

Green...I needed to hear that more than you know!! THANK YOU!!! Feeling so desperate today!

I heard that desperation.  I remember that desperation.

And even though I have waves now, it's nothing like the crazy, unbearable symptoms in months 6-9.  Six months was a milestone for me, I had decided I should be better by then, and that made the ride that much harder.  Even though the one year ppl carry on some, there's no comparison between then and now, it gets better, it gets bearable.  Slow and steady.  You'll get there. :smitten:

[move]SKY IS ONE YEAR NEW TODAY  :clap:[/move]

THanks Nova, thanks GMIT !

May I just say that wd for the occasion, decided to remind me what this wd is all about ! In case I had forgotten !

I was hit by brutal anxiety, and have been having worse IBS.

As Nova said,

Never had even the smallest inkling what this drug "changed" in me ... finding out now ...

and we have come a long way, haven't we ?

YOu know, I feel like time has been both slow and fast, it is hard to explain. Where did the time go, right ? So many things have changed that only we and our loved ones know about.

Who would have thought all this would have happened ?

Many questions to which we are slowly figuring out some answers. A year ago I suffered from  crippling insomnia. I suffered from many things but this is the one thing that really has changed radically, and I have worked so hard at it. I studied sleep hygiene very carefully and left no stone unturned.

I know many buddies are still plagued by lack of sleep but I am telling you, if I got better, you can too !

This has been a lonely process for me but I have found some friends on the way in the most unexpected places and that gives me hope.

Hope is one of the many victims I suffered in my benzo war. Benzos change you in ways that are beyond our imagination.

They changed my health, and I started to believe what people said, it was age, I was delicate,  la-di-da

Another great quote from Nova :

I remember vividly not so long ago just wanting to be "numb" and "disconnected", actually wanting to stay "disassociated" figuring that was the best I could get out of this ... surprise Nova ... we can do a little better than "numb" ...

I never want to be disconnected again. :smitten:

Let's keep the healing going. Have a peaceful day everyone !

Happy 1 Year Off!

http://davidantoine.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CAKE.jpg

LM, let me just say, you make one hell of a cake!

Hi Mrs!

Yes, thank you I have posted over there a few times, but that thread is a little dead... Not much posting.. Maybe I will try bumping it. Thanks, Jenny

Hi guys

Trying to keep up with all the posts.  Me and my guy have the cold/flu and that has been tough.....along with benzo stuff.

Everyone here has been very up and down it sounds like....sorry guys.....me too.  OMG only we can understand this crazy ride.

Nova glad you are better and I love your posts and GMIT, Coop,.....others

Sky....hold on and Congrats.....

Everyone else here...have a good benzo day. :smitten:

Feel better, Whoot.

WAY TO GO, COOP!!

Green ... I have 38 synapses left ... counted them the other day ... and the cool thing is they re-charge overnight sometimes ... today I am working with 26 ... the other 12 are resting ...

Nova!  I'm laughing out loud.  I'm also having major health concerns re my own synapse count.  I know I'm walking around all day missing synapses, cylinders, whatever.  Thank God I don't need to be smart right now.

You know, I was reading that during w/d it's almost impossible to multitask.  (I'm sitting here wondering what multitasking is, lol.)

Nova!  I'm laughing out loud.  I'm also having major health concerns re my own synapse count.  I know I'm walking around all day missing synapses, cylinders, whatever.  Thank God I don't need to be smart right now.

You know, I was reading that during w/d it's almost impossible to multitask.  (I'm sitting here wondering what multitasking is, lol.)

If its the ability to walk, breathe, talk, work, etc AND feel symptoms all at the same time, well my friends I'd say we've MASTERED the art of multitasking!! :P

Hi Nova!

To be honest, I want to quit! That's honestly how I feel!! Of course, I know it's not an option...but I don't feel like it gets better than this, and THIS is not acceptable! That's the truth!!

So, I will just try to float through today, this minute or hour, pray it does get better!

I hope you're feeling better! I hope everyone is feeling better!

GMIT, you've been strong, been a trouper all this time.  You don't want to quit.  You're just very tired.  You're allowed to have meltdowns and tantrums.  In fact, I highly recommend 'em.

Jenny, I think that's a wonderful idea. 

If its the ability to walk, breathe, talk, work, etc AND feel symptoms all at the same time, well my friends I'd say we've MASTERED the art of multitasking!! :P

Mrs., That's a very good point!

COOP, hoping today at school is wonderful.  Hope you saved some candy, Nova and I are coming trick or treating!