Better than Ever at Two, now THREE Years off Xanax

[me...]

Megan

Thanks so much for this success story! I am six months off Klonopin and just started my tapper off Zoplicone. Like many others all my K sx have really improved except the horrible cognitive stuff. It i very scary and yes- it does feel like its permanent as there is really no progress there.  Would love to hear more about your cognitive issues and your cognitive recovery. I am searching for hope...

Thanks

Carem.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [be...]

• [ro...]

• [ba...]

• 1 month later...
Thank you Megan for your update ... I have along way to go yet but so glad you mentioned your lack of motivation l have'nt read much about that and that with the depression is the biggest things for me thank you again l too am looking forward to getting my creativity back X

• 2 weeks later...

What an uplifting story Megan.

I am your age and my primary doc wants me off benzos. After resisting I took her referral to a psychiatrist and am starting the taper.

I'm not there yet, but I can already feel the fog lifting. Thank you for sharing your story.

Best of luck to you 648THD! I recently tapered off xanax after 30 years of use- it was so challenging and I am still healing but I can tell you it is so worth it to be free of xanax after all those years! Stay focused on that goal- imagine life without that dependency...you can do it and you will be glad when it is over! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you 648THD! I recently tapered off xanax after 30 years of use- it was so challenging and I am still healing but I can tell you it is so worth it to be free of xanax after all those years! Stay focused on that goal- imagine life without that dependency...you can do it and you will be glad when it is over! :thumbsup:

You are proof that it can be done and that life on the other side is better. Thank you for sharing and for the encouragement! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Megan and all,

I needed to find this tonight....I may have read it before..maybe right at the beginning of my taper...it doesn't matter because reading it tonight brings me much hope.

The fact that you made it through a tough withdrawal and recovery period, suffering almost ALL of the sxs that these drugs (and the "taking away" of them) can cause is a testament to your strength but also to the possibility of healing for others, for me.

I used to be a person who enjoyed so much of life...I was a writer - not a successful writer in terms of money but in terms of setting goals for myself and achieving them : three feature length screenplays and a novel.  I surprised myself and there was so much joy in the process.  After four years of taking Klonopin and two more years of tapering off of it...I have lost not only the ability to concentrate (I have a hard time reading, or wanting to read a book, much less write one) but the desire to create.  I just don't care much about stuff.  I have given myself permission to do relatively little during this taper but in the process I have lost the confidence and optimism that allowed me to risk failure and attempt something I'd always wanted to do.

Reading your story tonight has given me hope - pure and simple.

Thank you for this and for continuing to support, encourage and guide people through your participation as an Admin on the forum.

Mana  :smitten:

Hi Megan, is so nice to see people recover from this hell. Congratulation, and wish you a happy healthy life forward.

I'm 5 months off clonazepam and I'm still suffering every day with burning brain and scalp. No window yet. I'm so worried I'm the only one who never going to recover. I'm 55 yeas old women and thinking maybe something to do with menapose not withraw. So scared.

Thanks again to share you success story with us.

Hugs

Hello my mana and 648THD,

Thanks for your kind words.  I know it seems like this will go on forever, but that's withdrawal talking, it's not reality.  Healing may take longer than we'd like (it took two years for me), but it does happen eventually.  Time is the healer!

:smitten:

Megan, I just stopped in to thank you for helping us all here at BB.  I'm not doing well today and am unable to find your latest update but I can tell from the last few posts that you have made a huge impact on others here.  Thank God for people like you dear one.

Megan, I just stopped in to thank you for helping us all here at BB.  I'm not doing well today and am unable to find your latest update but I can tell from the last few posts that you have made a huge impact on others here.  Thank God for people like you dear one.

Thank you Grandma D, you are very kind!  Early next year, I'll be celebrating my 5th anniversary off benzos.  Even though this was physically the hardest thing I've ever done, it was definitely worthwhile. 

I hope you feel better soon. :smitten:

Reading people's success stories are so liberating. I wish all continues good health and success. Since I am new here at BB, I am a little guarded but I truly think that's part of the emotional benzo w/d that we go thru. I feel a little bad complaining when I do read others w/d experiences since some are so much more than I am feeling (as of now, I have NO misconceptions of what the future holds, which does truly scare me) I am told by my Dr, my family, and a old friend that I reconnected with who's an R.N. and is so supportive, (explains so much and always there to lift me up) that I am doing very well. While I love them for their support, we all know what it's like to live in your head always feeling those toxic w/d symptoms.

I definitely believe this site is one of champions since nothing about this is remotely easy. Bless you all, and thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Megan,

Thank you for posting this. I feel inspired and hopeful that I will be OK, even though it truly doesn't seem like right now. I just hit my five months of no benzo, no antidepressant, no nothing! I am currently experience dp/dr, adrenaline surges, worry/racing thoughts, headache, and other minor symptoms. My worst symptoms are dp/dr, adrenaline surges, worry/racing thoughts, brain cognition such as brain fog, memory problems, confusion and slowness.  These symptoms sometimes lifted but sometimes worse and constant.  I am holding for 6 months mark. My goal for 6 months is so to pass the acute and reach about 50-60 Healed, hope to heal by a year mark. I honestly do not want to count the days like this but this is extremely horrible, beyond words can describe. I am trying to breath through the symptoms, hopeful, positive, etc. I think I'm a lot more calm, positive, strong than I was before benzo and even on benzo, I was not this strong and calm and confident. So these are very good that being off these benzo brought light.

Thank you so much again! Life is so hard but with Benzo Buddies I know I can beat this stupid benzo wd!

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...
I'm so happy to hear your story.  I think I'm about your age and really questioned my ability to be xanax free.  I'm new to this forum but it seems the best place for me to be.  I'm also not sure how to post things yet and have a question about making cuts on my taper.  I really have a hard time cutting the pills just 10%. Do others have that problem with xanax?  Is there a better place for me to post this?  Again, Megan, thank you for telling your story.  It's uplifting and gives me hope.   

I'm so happy to hear your story.  I think I'm about your age and really questioned my ability to be xanax free.  I'm new to this forum but it seems the best place for me to be.  I'm also not sure how to post things yet and have a question about making cuts on my taper.  I really have a hard time cutting the pills just 10%. Do others have that problem with xanax?  Is there a better place for me to post this?  Again, Megan, thank you for telling your story.  It's uplifting and gives me hope. 

Hi again,

Although I didn't do it, I know of members who've gotten .25 xanax tablets, the lowest dosage available, and tapered by cutting them in quarters.  The place to post questions about tapering technicalities is on the General Taper Plans Board:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome determined to the forum! You will find SO much good information and help here - I'm glad you found us.  :)

Thank you Megan :)

I read so many succes stories now.

Need  it when I'm in such a terrible place.

Congrats to your benzo free life ! :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi megan . I just read your story and its amazing and inspirational. I can totally identify with anxiety, which I have had since as long as I can remember, ( it runs in my family) and also the panic attacks and dreaded fear of them. To me valium was a godsend, a little tablet that helped me get through the day. If only I had known then about withdrawal and what it does to you. Maybe I would still have taken it, I don't know. But im gonna try hard and get off them and find other ways to beat anxiety. Thanks!!    :smitten:

I love this story, I read it over and over, day after day.... I now see why I lost my albility to paint and be creative and I now understand why... thank you :smitten: