• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [be...]

• [ro...]

• [ba...]

Megan, thank-you so very much. I am 17 months off Xanax after cold-turkey after 38 years of Benzos. I was feeling quite a bit better and have been hit by a HorRiffic Wave or I have MS. I still struggle to believe I will actually recover one day. I am so grateful to you and others who share and help us hold-on for a bit longer so we may experience true healing, too. Thank-you, Darling, Woman. I am 62 and am growing weary in spirit and body. Your experience is golden.  :smitten: Keep Sharing.

Megan, thank-you so very much. I am 17 months off Xanax after cold-turkey after 38 years of Benzos. I was feeling quite a bit better and have been hit by a HorRiffic Wave or I have MS. I still struggle to believe I will actually recover one day. I am so grateful to you and others who share and help us hold-on for a bit longer so we may experience true healing, too. Thank-you, Darling, Woman. I am 62 and am growing weary in spirit and body. Your experience is golden.  :smitten: Keep Sharing.

You're welcome!  I'm almost 66 now, and I hate to think how it would be if i was still on xanax.  You're very wise in getting off when you did.  As far as having MS, I'm sure you don't.  For one thing, that disease almost always shows up in in people well under 50. Stay strong!

;)

Love your story of hope and endurance. I hope I can be as brave. Going toward the finish but its sooo hard. Thanks for helping others now that you are off.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for this! You give me hope. You just replied to my post. I'm 31. I can't get paranoid. I checked out at my doctor twice and with the ENT! Lol ive gotta remember the good parts of my days and remember this is withdrawal. I'm not crazy. I'm not bipolar (hell I may be but don't diagnose me for a while yet! Lol) and I will be okay.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much, I'm struggling and this gives me hope.  I have finally found a doctor in my little bitty town that will switch me to Valium!  Here I had been looking at bigger towns all this time.  Haven't started my taper yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

Megan,

Being that Xanax is arguably the most insidious (something brought to my attention from others, not an original idea of my own. They're all horrible) this is great to reread. I love your SS! Thank you so much for what you do. I love that I'm in my 5th month and soon will be in my 6th. I have faith I'll continue to heal quickly. No more physicals, except for ear stuff.

God bless!!

Hello Megan!

Your story is very encouraging!  I'm in your shoes.  I've been off of valium for 8.5 mo and Zoloft 6.5 mo. My mornings are not good but after I eat breakfast I come out of this funk (panic) and am good the rest of the day.  Then it starts all over.

I have just realized that I'm starting to get over this ordeal except one last symptom I'm facing.  I have anxiety/panic in the morning before I eat....I've been studying Dr. Claire Weekes and her thoughts on Anxiety Panic.  From what I've realized from her is my morning panic isn't the usual adrenal surge panic but I've produced a panic thinking that what I eat is causing my stomach problems.  I get all sweaty and nervous before I eat.  Now I have to "unproduce" and break the cycle of this panic.  I don't have panic/anxiety at the other meals only breakfast.  Actually my stomach issues are going away and all left is IBS type symptoms that are mild with pain level of 1-2.  Just very annoying. 

I'm an artist and very creative type.  Musically talented too. My creativity has come back several months ago.  I guess I need to get busy and distract the blanky-blank out of myself.  It crosses my mind to go on an AD but I absolutely don't want to do that. 

I will follow your lead and may tap into you for Help from time to time!

Thank you for your encouraging success story!

V

Thanks, everyone!  Yes, healing can take a lot more time than we'd like, but we all get there eventually.  I'm  4 years off now, and will be writing an update soon.  If it wasn't for being on this forum, I'd hardly ever even think about withdrawal now.

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Your words are holding out new hope for me, Megan. I will be off Xanax for 2 years in August and am experiencing what feels like withdrawal and very poor health, yet again, after a brief window. I was 38 years on Xanax and Valium. I was cold-turkeyed.

Congratulations and so happy you are regaining your joy and returning to Painting. Did you relapse like this before you recovered? I am frightened I won't recover. I am 63-years-old, as well and so very weary. Hugs to you. You are so Brave.

Hi Megan,

Just registered and read your story. My career before retiring, one year early due to benzos, was in art and I too have lost the desire to create. I dream about it but my year long struggle with tapering takes everything I have living from day to day.

Your story gives me hope for a senior creative future. Thank you, thank you.  :smitten:

Thanks, everyone!  Yes, healing can take a lot more time than we'd like, but we all get there eventually.  I'm  4 years off now, and will be writing an update soon.  If it wasn't for being on this forum, I'd hardly ever even think about withdrawal now.

:smitten:

Can't wait for your update! I just made 2 years off and I feel like the rocky boat sensation is getting uglier...I have good days and really rocky days :-( but I still push forward!

Many of your posts have been an inspiration to me! I have now read your story and it gives me even more inspiration!!

I am glad your creative side is back!! It helps to have our original stress reliever back.

Faith

your story gives me hope that I will make it till the end of my taper and will in time regain my life that has been lost to xanax all these years. thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Megan - this story means so much to me. Thanks so much for the constant hope I get every time I come across it. God bless!

Thank you so much for your response.  It really helps.  I have been told 18 months, too, and know all I can do is wait it out.  My meditation helps, particularly with the repetition of the phrase, "things are just as they are.  All things are impermanent."  But impermanence is with me in big way - I must move and rents have skyrocketed in my city.  My daughter is leaving for college in a few months (and is very angry with me...). The worst is head fog -- and I too have zaps (great phrase) almost constantly.  All senses seriously askew. 13-ish months to go, I guess.  I also am lethargic and kinda ocd with stupid distractions.  can't think well. 

But your story helps me know I am not alone and that brain will recover.  Who knew these drugs were somvicious?!

Many thanks again.

Thank you so much for your response.  It really helps.  I have been told 18 months, too, and know all I can do is wait it out.  My meditation helps, particularly with the repetition of the phrase, "things are just as they are.  All things are impermanent."  But impermanence is with me in big way - I must move and rents have skyrocketed in my city.  My daughter is leaving for college in a few months (and is very angry with me...). The worst is head fog -- and I too have zaps (great phrase) almost constantly.  All senses seriously askew. 13-ish months to go, I guess.  I also am lethargic and kinda ocd with stupid distractions.  can't think well. 

But your story helps me know I am not alone and that brain will recover.  Who knew these drugs were somvicious?!

Many thanks again.

Mrs. Doyle -

Regarding your move - Try your hardest not to worry about the future, until you have to. Just try and relax. I've been told countless times it gets better and better and better and better. Even if it does take 18 months, many function at a year, after feeling significant relief on their journey through out that year. I have faith you'll be able to handle anything life throws at you and that you'll get through it.

You sound like you have a good constitution and grasp on this. That helps. Keep on keeping on!

"All things are impermanent," I love that. Blessings to you!

Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this story. I'm so happy for you .really needed this as 5 months of and getting windows but still everyday is difficult to get through. I always feel this will never end .that it's permanent. But after reading your story I know this will come to an end.you are an inspiration to us all.thank you and God bless you always

I love this story. I'm so happy for you .really needed this as 5 months of and getting windows but still everyday is difficult to get through. I always feel this will never end .that it's permanent. But after reading your story I know this will come to an end.you are an inspiration to us all.thank you and God bless you always

You're welcome!  :hug:

• 4 weeks later...
That is rather inspiring. I am a few days into my wean, I tried last year and thought I was going to have a heart attack on cold turkey day 5. I wake up and have feelings of sheer terror that lessen as the day goes by. Find ways to distract yourselves is good advice that is what I am trying to do  here. 2mg at night with alcohol and now that I am close to rock bottom I want to be free of this. All those years of dulling my brain and then stopping is like have battery acid poured over an open wound, but this will pass with time. Very bad when I wake up, I wanted to go to the ER just shaking and jittery now audio distortions of chirping birds not as bad.

• Popular Now