Who has had improved tinnitus? We need a positive master thread

[Sw...]

As it says in the title, who has seen their tinnitus improve? Some days mine is better and some worse. Curious about people’s experience with seeing improvement over time. 

thanks everyone!

• Like 2

[ns...]

Sweetsurrender, hi.

I have severe tinnitus. Mine used to come and go buy has been on autopilot lately. It's seems to be associated with tension.

I use earplugs when I'm irritable and it helps. Also for sleep I use one. 

The more relaxed you can be seems to help.

For me, benzos withdrawal has caused intensity and escalated this symptom. I know it will get better because it did before. 

I'm sorry you have this, I know it's pretty miserable!

Get some earplugs ok, hopefully they'll help, just don't become too dependent on them.

Take care 

Ns

• Like 2

[Nu...]

Mine has resolved quite a bit. It returns, at times, but in general is much better. I'm about 11 months off.

• Like 6

[Al...]

Mine cycles during the week. I travel on Fridays and that exacerbates the level of intensity bc of road noise and car vibration.  Sleep has improved and I’m starting to come to terms with my T.  4 months off 25 mg v.

i believe it will resolve 🙋‍♀️🤞🙌

• Like 4

[Th...]

My T started during my taper, constant high eeeeee ringing, drilling, oscillating and loud,  all in one ear only. Behind all this racket was/is a hum that runs in the background all the time. Early on I had severe pressure in my left ear, my ear was hot and sometimes I had stabbing pains in the ear, everything was muffled.

I am 3 months out from my last dose of Xanax. The pressure and muffled sound has reduced greatly, but its still there, no more pain. The ringing is more quiet and less oscillating however the hum in the background is still there. BUT...I am starting to get days off from this infernal sound, every 3 days like clockwork, the ringing stops completely, (although the background hum is still there) and I get 24 hours with NO ringing!!!! Its absolute heaven!! Last week I even had a 48 hour reprieve, so I THINK over time this god awful sound MAY disappear! 

Praying all of you suffering with T are seeing some improvement as well! ♥️

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I have had tinnitus since I was 13 (not medication related). 

I have experienced an uptick in intensity tapering, but now it comes and goes. It seems to overall be decreasing again. I don't think too much about it,  since I am used to it.

• Like 3

[Gr...]

I am 18 months, benzo, free and med free tinnitus, was terrible the first year I just tried to occupy my mind with other things, if all possible, The last six months it has slowly improved. I’m at the point now maybe one or two days out of the week it will totally go away which is a tremendous blessing. The other days are quite manageable. I could live like this but I’m sure it’s gonna continue to improve as it has over The last six months. I can’t tell you how much better life is then it was 18 months ago for all y’all still tapering or just making the jump it is so worth it I have began to heal and sleep is slowly returning what A blessing.I’m still struggling with some symptoms but sure these will pass in time. wishing all of y’all the best in recovery your fellow buddy.

Edited by [Gr...]
Wording
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

[or...]

I've had improvement, again, yesterday.  That's 2 times I have had hours without ringing in my ears.  The first time was only 3 hours, but this time way more.

First of all, I've had steady ringing for going on 9 years, but in the last couple months or so, I've had zero twice mentioned above.  I cannot tell you any reason it's changed except there is possible healing going on after just a year into a slow dry micro taper off 1mg tablet of Clonazepam for 35 years, 1 a day.

Last night was so almost unbelievable but saw the thread and wanted to share it.  From about 4 o'clock pm until this a.m. around 6 when I got up I had no Tinnitus, it's started back when I sat down to have my decaf concoction and get on my PC.  During the night was particularly unbelievable because I woke up 3 times, but when I came back to bed, I still had zero ringing.

It's the first night I never had to use my white-noise app on my phone if at least 8 years.  One added note, I was in Tolerance wd for most of that 35 years, and had never even heard of Tolerance WD.  I never asked for more C because I never knew, or looked into the drug until much later when I did a CT, and was reinstated, oregonlady, see my history here ;)  Taper History for Oregonlady

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1

[Al...]
21 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I've had improvement, again, yesterday.  That's 2 times I have had hours without ringing in my ears.  The first time was only 3 hours, but this time way more.

First of all, I've had steady ringing for going on 9 years, but in the last couple months or so, I've had zero twice mentioned above.  I cannot tell you any reason it's changed except there is possible healing going on after just a year into a slow dry micro taper off 1mg tablet of Clonazepam for 35 years, 1 a day.

Last night was so almost unbelievable but saw the thread and wanted to share it.  From about 4 o'clock pm until this a.m. around 6 when I got up I had no Tinnitus, it's started back when I sat down to have my decaf concoction and get on my PC.  During the night was particularly unbelievable because I woke up 3 times, but when I came back to bed, I still had zero ringing.

It's the first night I never had to use my white-noise app on my phone if at least 8 years.  One added note, I was in Tolerance wd for most of that 35 years, and had never even heard of Tolerance WD.  I never asked for more C because I never knew, or looked into the drug until much later when I did a CT, and was reinstated, oregonlady, see my history here ;)  Taper History for Oregonlady

Thats amazing!  Youre healing. :).  Pray we all get there.  This AM my T is barely audible but last night was very loud.  No real reason for the change except healing.  Congrats OLady.

• Like 2

[or...]
21 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I'm here but let me know what is going on, are you tapering, cold Turkey, or where are you with your benzo?  Maybe I can help, but others will be here as well :) oregonlady

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Thats amazing!  Youre healing. :).  Pray we all get there.  This AM my T is barely audible but last night was very loud.  No real reason for the change except healing.  Congrats OLady.

Yes, I've seen a lot of folks with Tinnitus here that have it much differently than my 24/7 ringing, so I know mine is changing for the better, I do so hope it happens for all of us for sure, oregonlady :hug:

• Like 4

[Sw...]

Hi @[ns...] thank you for your post. I would say my T is a 5/10. It’s been severe but has settled. I had bad Tinnitus before also, then it got better then I started benzodiazepines again and coming off them (again) made it worse than it’s been in years. Would just love to get back to that comfortable baseline. 

when you say it got better before how do you mean? Is this your second time quitting also?

• Like 1

[Sw...]

@[Al...] that’s really interesting as noise once made mine worse and took time to settle down. Noise doesn’t do that anymore so hopefully that will be the case for you too! My brain definitely tuned it out a lot except for this high pitch chirping which is most bothersome for me. 

I also believe the tinnitus will get better for you and me! Mine has been better before. And I have read so so so many stories on here of people healing from their T. I’ve had mine a long time but it got so easy to tune out that 85% of the time I didn’t even notice it. That’s as good as not having it for me because it’s true you get used to it. 

but I totally believe yours will go away or be nearly as good as gone. It’s the way tinnitus usually goes. 

• Like 1

[Nu...]
7 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[Nu...] when did you notice it was lessening and going away while on your journey?

Some people say they notice things go away all at once, but I'm in the camp where things lessened every so slightly over time. So it's been very gradual. Hard to define a time frame...

• Like 3

[Sw...]

@[Nu...] I feel the same with most of my symptoms. They have waxed and waned but over all just very gradual improvement as time crawls forward. 

[Sw...]

UPDATE: 4 months benzo free (klonopin)

All my symptoms have improved since my final dose. I look back and can see improvement but it doesn’t feel as noticeable in the moment. 

But specifically to tinnitus I had 5 awesome days in a row this week where my tinnitus was very mild compared to its usual range. I heard it less, I generally felt happier too so my brain felt like it was working better. This 5 days was my biggest window with T. 

It is now picked back up and bothersome again. It seems this is the general pattern. But I feel like my good days are stringing together more than my bad!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ca...]

I’m almost 3 months off of 5mg of V now. The tinnitus was severe after jumping off the last .5 my of V. It has slowly gotten better but sometimes it is worse than others mostly when in a mast cell flare. I often have a sound machine going or a fan on low to help drown it out. It’s worse when it’s dead silent for me. 

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 2

[Sw...]

@[Ca...] Yeah I feel you I was severe then I improved to livable, just had a nice window, now really loud again. But I mean change is a good sign. My chiropractor said change, even if it’s better than worse, is a better sign than no change at all. 

• Like 1

[Al...]

Im hanging with this thread but have nothing really to contribute yet.  Bad few days here because I pushed myself to travel in my car Friday and Monday.  Hoping it eases off but reading of the experiences of others here.  Praying for us all.

• Like 4

[Si...]

Distraction definitely provides the best relief from tinnitus for me. But what also temporarily helps is doing this: 

Press the palms of your hands hard over your ears. Release slightly, press again, and repeat several times. Then while pressing your palms over your ears, rotate your hands a few times clockwise, followed by anti-clockwise. After that, do the first part again. 

I'm also finding relief from head tapping exercise; just search for them on YouTube.

• Like 2

[Sw...]

Hi @[Al...] I remember being so overstimulated by driving it would ramp my tinnitus is to being very loud when I got out of car and take a few minutes to settle. It does get better! I really don’t have that anymore. You said it’s been just a few months for you?

I woke up today with such peaceful tinnitus. Sometimes it’s so loud and high pitched. It’s been a nice few hours of softer tinnitus this morning. I hope all this up and down trends toward a definite and gradual improvement :)

• Love 1

[Sw...]

@[Si...] that’s awesome that the YouTube videos work for you. I’ve tried them but found no change 

• Like 1

[mr...]

the less sleep i get the worst it seems to be for that day

happens when im trying to sleep as well

Edited by [mr...]
  • Like 1