~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Hi Prettydaisys, thank you for responding. I have been on here for quite a while and maybe it's just me. I try and be respectful of everyone and it just seems like there are clicks on here and if your not in the click, you get ignored. Perhaps it's just the withdraw that is making me so sensitive. I have been really having a hard time with cutting and I never seem to stabilize after a small cut. It just gets you down.Like everyone else, I just want to feel like I use to before K turned on me and through me into tolerance.

I hope that your feeling better and healing. Thank you again for your kindness in answering my post.

Jaddy

Jaddy

you know, i'm not sure what it is about some people and why they choose to talk with the same people or if it's clicks? but i know for me, it's hard to talk to everyone i still would like to only because of the way i still feel. i don't wish to become overloaded so that could very well play a part. but yes, i guess they are some clicks. oh well. ::)

pretty :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

http://flowerstobangalore.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/flowers_6.jpg

Hi folks

Thought I would come and cheer you all up with some pretty flowers.

They are in water so no need to do anything.  ;D

Today has been a miserable one for me so cheering myself up too.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

Hi everyone. Im wondering...can u tell me why u are stuck in bed? I assume most of it is energy and just not feeling well.

Could people start posting why?

For me, its two folded, its the energy and the depression. Im always so tired and so depressed..lethargic.

Take care everyone.

Hi all,

Just to let you know I was in bed for a year. I'm fourteen months off and still have to take an occasional bed day.

I'm not sure why we have to go to bed in withdrawal, but most people do. I think my brain overwhelmed by withdrawal makes me go to bed with all the symptoms.

As time goes by I spend less time in bed. I haven't had to lay down in over a week.

It does get better.

Hugs.

Hi Grooviejuice

I am not lethargic or depressed. I just feel physically ill when I get up. My brain is very fuzzy and the head pressure starts as soon as I start to do anything physical. In bed, I don't have that most of the time. Along with the head pressure comes nausea and within about 5-10 mins I have to lie down again. I could get up and lie on the couch in the lounge but prefer bed as it is more comfortable. I have to have my head propped up with a pillow.

In a nutshell, it is all in my head!!!

I can make stuff to eat as long as preparation is minimal (a few minutes). Can keep kitchen tidy and put on a load of washing. Not much more than that. On a good day (rarely) I can dust or hoover a little bit.

It really is most disheartening at 18 months off.

On the plus side, I have improved a lot and my suffering is minimal compared to many.

Hugs

Hi everyone. Im wondering...can u tell me why u are stuck in bed? I assume most of it is energy and just not feeling well.

For me, spending most of my time in bed seems to be the only place I can be comfortable, for several reasons.  I'm sensitive to any kind of sensory stimulation, so my bedroom is the environment I can have the most control over, I can limit light, noise and adjust the temperature.  My symptoms make me feel anxious and vulnerable because they are so overwhelming and unpredictable, so staying in my room feels 'safer' and more relaxing, not so stressful.

I no longer have any life outside of my home, due to being sick from withdrawal, so there's rarely any reason now for me to actually get up and get dressed.  I don't have the energy or stamina for doing household chores, but can manage light work for up to about 20 minutes at a time, so I try and do a few things a day, but then go back to bed.

For me, being bedridden isn't like being in bed with the flu, too sick to move or sit up, its like its just the most comfortable place where I can keep myself distracted with my laptop, while I recover.  I don't think its depression which keeps me in bed, but I'm depressed because my life has shrunk to having to be mostly lived from my bed.

Anhedonia adds to the lack of motivation for getting up and trying to do more.  I get no pleasure or satisfaction when I do push myself to do anything, I just get tired very quickly and am reminded how much I've lost, I used to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for life, but now, I only do what's needed for survival.

If my symptoms would go away and the anhedonia, I would be able to push myself to do more and get some pleasure and satisfaction from my efforts.  As it is now, its nothing but negative feedback loops.

I used to force myself to get up and go for a walk a few times a week, but it often increased my symptoms and it would be a relief to get back home.  So I stopped.  A couple of weeks ago I became so angry and restless and disgusted with myself for the way I've been living, in almost a state of panic, I went out for an afternoon and spent about 5 hours driving around to various places, trying to do things I used to do.  I was miserable and anxious and felt worse the longer I stayed out.  Nothing good came out of it and I've been in a bad wave ever since.

I'm physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted, so its just easier to stay in bed.

..... so yeah, I guess its energy and not feeling well.

Hello Serabear

I guess we are in much the same boat. I am lucky to have fewer symptoms.  I used to push myself too but it was no use. Just have to be patient.

I hope things turn around for you real soon.

Hugs

Hi Grooviejuice

I am not lethargic or depressed. I just feel physically ill when I get up. My brain is very fuzzy and the head pressure starts as soon as I start to do anything physical. In bed, I don't have that most of the time. Along with the head pressure comes nausea and within about 5-10 mins I have to lie down again. I could get up and lie on the couch in the lounge but prefer bed as it is more comfortable. I have to have my head propped up with a pillow.

In a nutshell, it is all in my head!!!

I can make stuff to eat as long as preparation is minimal (a few minutes). Can keep kitchen tidy and put on a load of washing. Not much more than that. On a good day (rarely) I can dust or hoover a little bit.

It really is most disheartening at 18 months off.

On the plus side, I have improved a lot and my suffering is minimal compared to many.

Hugs

This is me plus the horrible nerve pain, vertigo, rashes, hot and cold flashes, brain zaps, light and sound sensitivity and many more.  I can't believe this is still happening.

For me, spending most of my time in bed seems to be the only place I can be comfortable, for several reasons.  I'm sensitive to any kind of sensory stimulation, so my bedroom is the environment I can have the most control over, I can limit light, noise and adjust the temperature.  My symptoms make me feel anxious and vulnerable because they are so overwhelming and unpredictable, so staying in my room feels 'safer' and more relaxing, not so stressful.

I no longer have any life outside of my home, due to being sick from withdrawal, so there's rarely any reason now for me to actually get up and get dressed.  I don't have the energy or stamina for doing household chores, but can manage light work for up to about 20 minutes at a time, so I try and do a few things a day, but then go back to bed.

For me, being bedridden isn't like being in bed with the flu, too sick to move or sit up, its like its just the most comfortable place where I can keep myself distracted with my laptop, while I recover.  I don't think its depression which keeps me in bed, but I'm depressed because my life has shrunk to having to be mostly lived from my bed.

Anhedonia adds to the lack of motivation for getting up and trying to do more.  I get no pleasure or satisfaction when I do push myself to do anything, I just get tired very quickly and am reminded how much I've lost, I used to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for life, but now, I only do what's needed for survival.

If my symptoms would go away and the anhedonia, I would be able to push myself to do more and get some pleasure and satisfaction from my efforts.  As it is now, its nothing but negative feedback loops.

I used to force myself to get up and go for a walk a few times a week, but it often increased my symptoms and it would be a relief to get back home.  So I stopped.  A couple of weeks ago I became so angry and restless and disgusted with myself for the way I've been living, in almost a state of panic, I went out for an afternoon and spent about 5 hours driving around to various places, trying to do things I used to do.  I was miserable and anxious and felt worse the longer I stayed out.  Nothing good came out of it and I've been in a bad wave ever since.

I'm physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted, so its just easier to stay in bed.

..... so yeah, I guess its energy and not feeling well.

I am exhausted too.  Will this ever end? 

When the physical symptoms lift, I will be able to do more.  I can push through the mental ones if I am not physically disabled.  This bedridden shit sucks. 

I have all the physical crap plus the terrible depression. I sure hope the depression lifts someday, i can take the physical stuff its the depression i cant stand.

TY LF...if i werent so depressed, i could handle all the other stuff. Aches, pains, tinnitus, fatigue, brain stuff. I have em all but the depression is what kills me the most.

It's really strange how we are all different.  When I get back to my meager baseline of 30%, my mood becomes almost euphoric.  "Yes, this will end someday!  I am healing!"  Then , I get slammed by another wave of physical symptoms.  Don't even try to make sense of the damage these poisons can cause.

I'm so sorry you all are suffering. 

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

I seem to have turned a corner. After 18 months, I really feel a bit better. The nerve pain, head pressure and brain squeezes have more or less stopped. My brain is a bit less fuzzy and I can concentrate a bit better.  My body is less numb.

Just waiting to see how long it will last.

I hope others will get some positive changes soon.

Hugs

Hi folks

I seem to have turned a corner. After 18 months, I really feel a bit better.

That's great news LF, I hope it continues, it gives me some hope too.

Yesterday I finally gave up and ordered groceries online and had them delivered.  I've been pushing myself to get up and go shopping about once a week, but for some reason, I realized its just not gonna happen this week.

Thanks, SeraBear.

I think you just have to do what your body and brain allow. Every time my brain clears a little I can do a little more. Any attempt to force myself makes me feel sooooo ill. The pressure in my head just gets worse.

It is a strange state of affairs.

Take care.

Hugs

Hi folks

I am wondering how others spend their days. I know some Buddies are too ill to do very much. Although many of my symptoms have gone, I still can't function. My brain is too fuzzy.

I listen to Radio Scotland in the mornings. News, chat, discussions. In the afternoons, I watch tv, mostly comedies.  I always try to have a meal at about 6.00 pm. In the evening I watch tv again but about 9.00 pm I put on music to listen to. I continue to listen to music until I fall asleep.

I suppose I divide the day into different phases. It helps to have a bit of structure.

I log onto BB at any time or do puzzles.

Late afternoon or early evening are my best times for having a shower or doing little jobs in the house.

That's about all I do, day after day!! Sleeping fluctuates so my schedule is very flexible.

It sounds so very boring when I write it down.  It does not feel boring. I can't do much else.  Boredom will set in when I feel a bit better, I'm sure.

Hugs everyone

i've been doing the same thing every day and every night for 26 months sadly enough.

i get into bed at 2am but just lay there for 3 hours like a moron and fall under for sleep around 5 am. then i get broken sleep until about 1:30pm and get up and have something to eat and do my connected breathing. if on a good day i will go out for a short walk. very short. then i get back into my bed (couch) and read some books and listen to my hypnotherapy CD's and try to fall under for a nap but haven't been able to in over a month -- new s/x i guess.

then i get up around 6:30pm and take a shower and eat and come on here then i try to distract with the HIMYM TV show and then i do my connected breathing again and watch The Office. between 1-2am is really the only time i get any relief at all so i like staying up until then and watch The Office. then i get into bed (Couch) at 2am and lay there for another 3 hours like a moron. :sick::idiot::crazy:

I gotta ask people in the club here...how is your body holding up being in bed so much? Describe your aches or pains u think are from being bedridden. My back is KILLING me. Im obviously weakened in my legs and overall core strength is also so weak.

have absolutely no glute muslces and my tushy is flat as pancakes. no muscles anywhere for that matter. not too good but i can hardly walk still!!  this is so f'cked~!

Ya muscle waste is common in wd without being bedridden so for us its twice as bad. All my muslces seem to be effected.

Sorry PD i know its a fkd up situation. Walking shouldnt be hard to do. Taking the garbage out is like an act of God.

that's what i keep saying Groove! when i'm walking around in the kitchen i yell out to God " are you sure?" "because you gave me this body so i could walk and here i am, can't really walk all that well"

i didn't take out my trash's for a whole year the first year and now it's so damn hard. it is like an act of God.

:( sigh...people dont understand the dangers these meds posses for many of us. Im surprised I havent fell down and broke a hip like an old person yet. I feel like im 99 yrs old. Its impossible to take care of things around the home. My yard looks like hell, everything i own has gone to shit. Body, mind and possessions.