Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

A year ago i was still in bed the same. Ive been this way for a year and 7 months now. My body is so weak. Dont you guys feel weak from it? My God!

So sorry to hear that.

I don't know if I am weak. I can't get up for long so don't try to do much.

I just feel ill when I try to do more than my brain will allow.

It is all to do with the fog in my brain, my body is ok. I will take some time to get fitness back I am sure. It is a worry at my age (60). Don't recover as quickly in general, PAWS seems to be an exception, age is no advantage.

H6gs

LF  :smitten:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing ok till 2 weeks ago. I've been bedridden for over 2 weeks now with sx worse than acute ever was. Constant panic attacks, tinnitus, adrenaline surges, dizzy, pounding heartbeat and insomnia. At 14.5 months out! I barely move, eat or sleep. How can this happen this far out? The fear I have is unreal. I also have this shaky weakness and can barely move at times.

Cool, please try to get up as much as you can. Being in bed too much is just so terrible on the body. I know your weak, sick all that. Im just saying try as hard as u can. I wish i would have tried harder...now its fruitless and even harder.

I know, it is so hard.  I probably get up 2-3 hours a day all in all.

this is all i can do too.i only get up for 2-3 hours than back down again and i've been this way for 28 months now.

Cool,

i have a lot of fear too lately.

Hi Cool

Sorry to hear you are in such a bad way.  Don't worry.  These waves happen. Not sure why. You will soon be doing ok again. I have just come through a really bad time but feel the best I have done so far in 20 months. It j6st means your brain is working extra hard to fix something.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

I know, it is so hard.  I probably get up 2-3 hours a day all in all.

this is all i can do too.i only get up for 2-3 hours than back down again and i've been this way for 28 months now.

Cool,

i have a lot of fear too lately.

We will all make it!! We are just taking a long time to get there.

The brain has an amazing capacity to heal. Keep faith.

Hugs LF  :smitten:

Wish I could give everyone a real hug.  ;D

Hey, Cool, don't worry.  14.5 months isn't so long. Months 15-17 were 3 of my worst months. It passes.

Things will turn around for you too.

Just hang in there.

Hugs

Thanks lookingforward. It su j's that there is nothing to ease the pain. At least everything I've tried does nothing when it's this bad. All I do is moan and roll around in bed.

Hi cool

I know what that is like. My whole body was partially numb for almost a year. This was why I had to endure unbearable nerve pain for a few months until the numbness went. It was all over my body but worst inside my anus and vagina. Genitals were so painful. The nerve pain  was accompanied by awful head pressure and brain squeezes. Episodes lasted 4 hours then stopped only to start again a few hours later. I just curled up in my bed and moaned and groaned which helped a little bit. I thought my brain would burst or I'd have a stroke.  All gone now, and I feel the best I have been in 20 months.

I don't have anxiety or panic which helps me a lot. Only physical symptoms.

It will get better.  It is awful though, my heart goes out to you.

Hugs

I have that burning in my genitals and backside too. Never had it before and it is miserable. Sometimes it feel like i rubbed icy hot all over my body but worse. I could handle it if I didn't have the mental stuff with it. The anxiety/panic is the eorst.

i also have the numbness in the genitals - mostly vagina and it just has a weird and un-normal sensation there all the time. it feels like it's wet and has a discharge all the time when it reality it doesn't. major sensory distortions. also have major sensory distortions in my feet and no slippers feel comfortable.

i have literally -- literally -- and i mean literally lived in my nightgowns & PJ's for 28 months with the occasional getting into sweats when i go to grocery store. isn't that unbelievable!!! :tickedoff:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my bedridden buddies

I had a good day. Was up for a few hours as I managed to have visitors.

I only manage this about once a month just mow.

I have noticed a number of improvements in the last two weeks.

Sleeping has improved a lot.  ;D

The need to keep eating carbs has gone.  :D

Nerve pain continues to diminish in intensity and frequency. ;)

I hope this pattern continues.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

Hi Groove

I am sorry you are still so depressed. Not being able to sleep is just awful.

I so wish you would get some windows.

Hugs, my friend

Same here. No sleep, constant sx and now I'm in excruciating pain from doing something to my lower back. All I can do is lay on my back on the couch on the heating pad. Four days of this pain now. Every time I move I get a stabbing pain and it knocks the wind out of me. What's better is my new insurance doesn't kick in till February lol! Let's see what else can go wrong.

Hello my friends

I am so sorry that you are still suffering so much.

The pain and suffering caused by these drugs are too much.  :'(

I hope you all find some peace very soon.

Hugs

My new problem, from being bedridden is i have a frozen shoulder. from laying on it for over a year and a half.

It hurts like hell even when im not moving my arm.

I have trouble taking my shirt off and on or my coat. That bed is going to be the death of me.

groove,

i had the frozen shoulder for the first 9 months and maybe even more. it was extremely painful. i went to physical therapy for it for a few months. it's so much better now. i literally couldn't lift my shoulder for months it was so painful. if you can have some physical therapy for it, that would be good.

and by the way, it may not all be from being bed ridden. i don't think mine was from that even though i was bed ridden, i really think mine was from my brain pressure because i could feel the correlation. there were a lot of other's who also had the frozen shoulder when i had it. i had put up some posts about it because it was that bad for me.

pretty