Example of a Valium/Diazepam Daily Reduction Method

[Di...]

Builder,

Thanks for enlightening me about the strength of my liquid compound Diazepam. 

On the bottle it reads:  82 ML/165 and also Diazepam (Unflavored) 1.75 MG/ML

I am new at this and can't make sense relating mgs to mls.

Thank you.

Humbledone.  :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Builder,

Thanks for enlightening me about the strength of my liquid compound Diazepam. 

On the bottle it reads:  82 ML/165 and also Diazepam (Unflavored) 1.75 MG/ML

I am new at this and can't make sense relating mgs to mls.

Thank you.

Humbledone.  :)

OK, this is the key information:'

Diazepam (Unflavored) 1.75 MG/ML

That means each ml of your solution contains 1.75 mg of diazepam;.  So 3.9 mls would contain 6.825 mg of diazepam.  Just multiply your liquid (in mls) by 1.75, and that will give you the total dose of diazepam you are taking.  1.75 x 3.9 = 6.825.

If you want to determine how much liquid you need for a specific dose (in mgs) you would divide the dose by 1.75.  If, for example, you wanted to take 5 mg/day, divide 5 by 1.75.  5 mg/1.75 = 2.86 mls.

Most folks who are using liquid 1)  only take liquid for the "cut" portion of their taper, and 2) most folks using liquid dilute it with water to make it easier to accurately  measure precise doses.

Hello Builder or Whomever,

Thank you sooo much for enlightening me to mls as it equates mgs and the dose I am now taking after switching over to liquid diazepam. 

I believe my body is malnourished from years of taking this drug, stress, feeling hopeless and not knowing the cause of my seizures.  When I discovered MSG causes me to seize I had hope.  I had given up, literally. 

Learning the cause of my illness and a way to wean from Diazepam has given me a new life.  I know better than to celebrate, but I do see a light at the end of the long tunnel. 

No one doctor ever inquired about my diet.  It took me years of research to discover something so simple.  What's so sad is the fact that MSG is in so many foods and products and under hidden names.  MSG is a flavor enhancer.  The Big Corporations and pharmaceutical companies are aware of all the maladies MSG causes. $$$ is what they're all about.  I encourage everyone to take your health into your own hands.  Your body is always telling you when something is wrong. 

Thanks Builder for replying quickly. Thanks BB.

Humbldeone.

DP, I am using a 1ml syringe with 0.1ml increments.  I'm cutting 0.2ml a day, is that  2ml  :-\

I may be wrong, but I suspect your 1 ml syringe has 0.01 increments.

Does it have 10 marks, or does it have 100 marks?

DP, I am using a 1ml syringe with 0.1ml increments.  I'm cutting 0.2ml a day, is that  2ml  :-\

I'm a bit confused now. I thought you were making a mixture with half a 2mg tablet (1mg) and 100ml of liquid (presumably whole milk). Normally you would be using a 10ml syringe to measure your dose, because you would have to do too many fills of a 1ml syringe. Usually you only use a 1ml syringe if you were using liquid valium, or if you are using less liquid in your mixture (ie if you are using say 10ml instead of 100ml).

Sorry, I know this is probably very confusing for you, so if you could explain exactly what your process is, we can help sort out your question. If you're not sure what size your syringe is, a 1ml syringe is very thin (maybe only about ¼ inch across and about 3 inches long) and has a lot of tiny little marks with the numbers 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05, 0.06, 0.07, 0.08, 0.09, 1.0 along the side. A 10ml syringe is much fatter (about ¾ inch across and about 3 inches long) and has the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 along the side.

So, if you are using a 1ml syringe, and a 100ml mixture, and doing a daily reduction of 0.02mg (which would be 2ml of the 100ml mixture), you would actually need to reduce that 100ml by 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe on the first day. That would be 2ml, and you would throw that bit away.

2nd day - you would make a new 100ml mixture and reduce it by another 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe + plus another 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe (a total of 4ml - and throw that away).

3rd day - you would make a new 100ml mixture and reduce it by another 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe + plus another 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe + plus another 2 full fills of the 1ml syringe (a total of 6ml - and throw that away) ....and so on.

If using syringes are confusing for you, maybe you could invest in one of the 100ml graduated cylinders which I believe you can buy on amazon or ebay.

Builder, You are correct regarding the syringe I'm using.

DP, I am measuring 100ml of liquid using a measuring jug, the syringe is the thin  1ml you describe.

I want to do a cut and hold ,  I don't think I could keep cutting every day.

Could you explain what the equivalent is in mls and mgs,  that's where I get stuck.

Thanks for all the help.

IMO if you are going to be using liquid you will be much better using a daily taper because you will be able to make very small cuts, and in theory that should mean fewer side effects, but that's totally your choice. I can't really help you with how much to cut, as a cut and hold taper, because that is going to be very dependent on how you react to these cuts.

If you are using a 100ml mixture, quite honestly I wouldn't think too much about percentages or mgs. For doing daily cuts, you would take the 100ml and divide it by the number of days you thought you wanted to reduce that 1mg over (which is what the 100mls equals).

If you decided you wanted to reduce 1mg over 100 days that would be a 1ml reduction each day (100ml ÷ 100 days = 1ml). If you decided on 50 days, that would be a 2ml reduction each day (100ml ÷ 50 days = 2ml). If you decided on 66 days, that would be a 1.5ml reduction each day.... etc.  Or you can decide on any number of days by just dividing the 100ml by that number of days. My suggestion would be to start with 1ml daily reductions and work your way up, depending on how you feel.

To do these reductions you would probably be better off getting a 10ml syringe (the larger fatter one) from your pharmacist or you can buy them on ebay/amazon.

If you really want to do a cut and hold taper, you'd have to work out what sized cut you wanted to do, and I can't really offer too much advice there, because I think you should keep your cuts as small as possible, but that's just my perspective because I prefer daily cuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Great info. I just wanted to post on here so I can find it later. Thank you so much for this Diaz-Pam. Much Love Roaddog....

[c3...]

Hi Diaz,

Thanks for being so helpful to all of us! :smitten:

I'm going o start a liquid daily taper after the weekend. The dry cut of 0.5 off. my 14 Mgr. Was to much and it took me there weeks to feel even human again.

I want to reduce my dose by About 0.5 every 15 Days or so. With probably a hold here and there in beween.

I'm going to take a good look at you're schedule, make a plan and post it if you dont mind looking over it and make sure i got it right?

Ik confusen About the 1:100.

I Hear people using compound and then i Always see 1:1 or 2:1

I'm not really sure if is houd just disgard that.

This is a different method, yes?

Thanks so much for being here and helping Everyone out! Very much appreciated!

Moo

Hi Mom

Sure, post your plan and we can have a look at it and make sure you've gotten the hang of things.

The different ratios talked about are probably a bit confusing. If you are using standard pharma grade liquid valium, prescribed by your doctor, the ratio will probably be 1mg:1ml (ie 1mg valium = 1ml liquid). Sometimes it's shown on the bottle as 10mg:10ml, but that means exactly the same thing as 1mg:1ml.

If people are using a liquid valium made up by a compounding pharmacist they could have all sorts fo different ratios, but if you are going to be using a pharma grade one you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Then the 1:100 ratio comes into play with the dilution method I use. That just means that you are putting 1ml of the liquid valium (or 1mg) with 99ml of water to make a total solution of 100ml. So 1ml of valium actually now equals 100ml (just in a diluted form).

You don't have to use the 1:100 ratio if you don't want to. Some people prefer to use a 1:10 ratio, which just means you make up a mixture of 10ml instead of 100ml. There's no reason why you can't experiment with different ratios of dilution, but wait until you get the hang of one method first, and then you can play around with things then.

[c3...]

Hi Mom

Sure, post your plan and we can have a look at it and make sure you've gotten the hang of things.

The different ratios talked about are probably a bit confusing. If you are using standard pharma grade liquid valium, prescribed by your doctor, the ratio will probably be 1mg:1ml (ie 1mg valium = 1ml liquid). Sometimes it's shown on the bottle as 10mg:10ml, but that means exactly the same thing as 1mg:1ml.

If people are using a liquid valium made up by a compounding pharmacist they could have all sorts fo different ratios, but if you are going to be using a pharma grade one you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Then the 1:100 ratio comes into play with the dilution method I use. That just means that you are putting 1ml of the liquid valium (or 1mg) with 99ml of water to make a total solution of 100ml. So 1ml of valium actually now equals 100ml (just in a diluted form).

You don't have to use the 1:100 ratio if you don't want to. Some people prefer to use a 1:10 ratio, which just means you make up a mixture of 10ml instead of 100ml. There's no reason why you can't experiment with different ratios of dilution, but wait until you get the hang of one method first, and then you can play around with things then.

Thanks DP!

I'm going to have to use pills so I will be dissolving 1 mgr ( half a 2 ) in 100 ml of fat milk.

I'm doing the 5 ml reduction.

With possible holds when needed.

I'm going to try tonight but without reductions. Just drink the whole 100 ml with a 1 mgr pill and take the rest of the dose in pills. My night time is still 5 mgr, so I drink the 100ml and take 2x2 mgr with it.

Thanks so much!

[c3...]

Hey, I'm back....( sorry)

I just did 1 mgr in milk and I drank it. I figured it doesn't matter much, because I took the whole dose anyway just For trying.

But it did take a while before it was dissolved. In fact, after 5 minutes, there was still a clump on the bottom.

I just rinsed it with water a couple of times and drank that too.

But I can't see if I take my dose out next time.

How long before taking the dose do you all let it sit? Or stir or shake?

I'm a bit worried now...

Thanks...

Moo

The tablet should break down fairly quickly, but you will always see a clump of stuff at the bottom. They are the fillers in the tablet and they will never dissolve. The idea of using the whole milk though is that the valium will be "suspended" in the fat. So provided you make sure you mix the milk mixture well you should be okay.

[c3...]

Hi DP,

Well, my benzo brain got so worried with the residu that I went to see my doctor and she gave me liquid Valium.

I'm going to make that 1 ml V and 99 ml water,

That's the 1:100 solution. And then take that whole dose for a couple of nights, together with my pills and get used to it.

Then I will start making reductions.

Does that sound okay?

Is that the right way? I tought I might as well bite the bullet and make it as simple as I can or I won't handle it well with worrying about it.

:smitten:

Yep that's the way to do it. Good idea to get the liquid valium. The milk method works fine, but the proper liquid valium just makes the whole tapering drama so much easier and less stressful.

[c3...]

Yep that's the way to do it. Good idea to get the liquid valium. The milk method works fine, but the proper liquid valium just makes the whole tapering drama so much easier and less stressful.

Thanks DP.

Yes, it's more reassuring to me....

I appreciate all your help! You're awesome. Hope you're well.

Glad to be of help.

I'm "okay" at the moment. Just the old hormones doing their usual number of me. This too shall pass.....

[c3...]

Ugh! Hormones are the worst. It can be bad....

I'm sorry :-\

Hope things will smooth out soon. Yes, things always pass, but we never know when, it's so frustrating !!

(Mom)Not my best day either. lots of work, no motivation. Hope your day gets better. Much love. Roaddog....

[c3...]

(Mom)Not my best day either. lots of work, no motivation. Hope your day gets better. Much love. Roaddog....

We just keep saying " one day at a time" , sometimes an hour.

Hope your day was better later, RD.... :smitten:

[c3...]

I got the liquid....

Now I'm wondering: does it have to be refrigerated ?

I'm attacking my morning dose first and usually I'm pretty shaky in the mornings.

I usually take my dose in pills and try to sleep a bit more...

Now I'm not sure if I can keep the prepared dose on my nightstand in a cup with lid.

Or if I have to make it fresh in the morning first .

Well done !!!

The bottle of liquid shouldn't be refrigerated. Just keep it in a cupboard somewhere (preferably out of reach of children of course).

I personally keep my made up batches in the fridge, but I really don't know if you have to. I live in a warm climate, so I figure I'd rather be safe than sorry. I keep them in the fridge for up to about 5 days.

There wouldn't be any problem at all in keeping your prepared dose on the nightstand. I sometimes leave mine out on the kitchen bench for hours before I take it, and I've never had any problems.

I got the liquid....

Now I'm wondering: does it have to be refrigerated ?

I'm attacking my morning dose first and usually I'm pretty shaky in the mornings.

I usually take my dose in pills and try to sleep a bit more...

Now I'm not sure if I can keep the prepared dose on my nightstand in a cup with lid.

Or if I have to make it fresh in the morning first .

It should be kept at room temp, and protected from light (kept in opaque container, or covered...I cover my "mix jar" with an inverted Solo cup.)