Example of a Valium/Diazepam Daily Reduction Method

[Di...]

I'm trying to get organized for a Valium pill to combo of pill/liquid for a daily/MT (just getting over a miserable cold/sinus infection, ugh, so hope to begin in a week or so-ish). Some of you may have seen my appeal on here a week or so ago asking if liquid v was available in Canada; I'd been told it wasn't by a pharmacist, but in fact it is ::). So got that sorted.

Haven't seen my doc yet, but he'll likely?! be okay with giving me an LV scrip. Assuming he does, and I have the choice of using milk, vodka, or LV I thought I'd take a poll re: what people with experience have preferred. I know we're all sooo different I'll just have to be my own guinea pig-oink 8)-as usual, but still curious to know what may work for more people, anyway.

I'm sure builder and SG57 in particular are tired of reassuring newbie MT folks that "it's not complicated!" etc., but I've heard enough people say the LV really bugged their stomach to want to find out more. Does it really happen that much? If folks do have a stomach challenge causing them to switch to milk/vodka, is there any common explanation?

I.E. do most members take LV on an empty stomach, or with food? I'd like to try LV since it's slightly? more simple than mixing a pill in liquid myself, but would really not like to have to switch after having a problem ???. If anyone has any comments, that would be great and most appreciated! I'd really like to be a member of the daily/MT club with as little fuss/sxs

p.s. sorry  ::)re: multiple post of this-just trying to get as much feedback as possible!

There is little doubt that Rx  liquid is the simplest and most reliable choice.  Just add water to bring it to the concentration you want (1mg=10ml, 1mg=100ml or any other ratio you choose).  That's pretty simple.

But milk, propylene glycol, or vodka can also work very well...just a little fussier.

And I really don't see how a max of 1ml of liquid V, heavily diluted. could cause much distress.

I used Rx liquid V from 9mg down until I jumped at .5.  I used pills and liquid until I got down to 3mg, then I switched to all liquid.  I never had any problems from the liquid.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bablatrice,

I've had stomach issues on and off for over a year after a long course of cipro. I decided to try the LV anyway and it was a nightmare for me.  I used the version without alcohol because, all though it is a trace amount, I am a long time recovering alcoholic.  This being the case, I opted for the milk/Diaz taper and thus far it has worked out very well for me.  The one downside I see to the milk taper is that leftover portions must be refrigerated--not the best for those of us who travel. 

If I were you, I'd at least give LV a shot because it seems to be the least complicated and most flexible method.  If your tummy objects, and you can tolerate booze, I'd go with a vodka mixture because it can be kept at room temperature and is therefore quite portable.

Best,

Edzo

bablatrice, as others have suggested, if you can tolerate the liquid V that would be the easiest and most fuss-free way to go. I gave it a try but couldn't tolerate the taste. I then tried the vodka/valium/water mixture and had no issues with it so I used it from 5 mgs down.

Good luck, and do give the liquid V a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Okatz

builder, edzo, and 'katz'-thanks so much :thumbsup: for being my first LV etc. poll participants! I really appreciate the perspective each of you brings to the big Valium Liquid/Medium Choice ??? decision. Any further opinions/experiences welcome, but great to hear the above ones.

Hi Everyone,

Need just a little advice here.  I have finally stabilized on 4mg of V.  I just received my liquid V for the taper.  My Doc wants me to take a 2mg pill with the liquid.  The compounding pharmacy sent me a piece of paper with a hand written taper table, that I just want to make sure that it makes sense.

They have it going down 0.5 or point .05 (I think I failed chemistry) every 3 days.  So they start me out on the first dose which is 1ml and that equals 2mg of V. 

then 2nd dose .95ml

3rd dose .9ml

4th dose .85ml

5th dose .8ml

and it goes down from there,( and I am still taking the one 2mg V pill with this) with a 3 day window before the next cut? That seems weird to me. They did send me a syringe to guide me. 

My doctor doesn't have a clue.  Got me back on the stuff but isn't well versed on how to come off it :D  The last time I came off cold turkey from Xanax and I don't ever want to go down that rabbit hole again.  So I guess I'm a little scared and nervous. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been daily dosing for over a month now. I am down to 1.5 V. All was going well and with sleep until 5 days ago. I was starting to feel pretty good again. Now I am waking up every 1.5 hours and a hard time going back to sleep. I feel lousy. How should I proceed with my daily taper?

I have been daily dosing for over a month now. I am down to 1.5 V. All was going well and with sleep until 5 days ago. I was starting to feel pretty good again. Now I am waking up every 1.5 hours and a hard time going back to sleep. I feel lousy. How should I proceed with my daily taper?

Sounds like symptoms are ramping up.  I'd hold until they clear.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but it has a lot of great advice and a lot of experienced buddies.

Question:  What is considered a low or high daily rate once at 5mg valium?  Is it good to start by aiming for a certain % per month?

I would probably need something on a slower side.  Is 0.01mg/day a good place to start? 

With the variations in the tablets, is it better to measure out the whole dose instead of only the "cut" part - I've only measured the "cut" part so far w/ c/h....but w/ MT, it seems the dose shouldn't bounce around so much each day.  It is more work to measure out the whole dose...but worth it if others have found that to be better.

Not sure if I'll get replies here...but it's a good thread to bump anyway and others have been asking for this info lately.

I know this is an old thread but it has a lot of great advice and a lot of experienced buddies.

Question:  What is considered a low or high daily rate once at 5mg valium?  Is it good to start by aiming for a certain % per month?

I would probably need something on a slower side.  Is 0.01mg/day a good place to start? 

With the variations in the tablets, is it better to measure out the whole dose instead of only the "cut" part - I've only measured the "cut" part so far w/ c/h....but w/ MT, it seems the dose shouldn't bounce around so much each day.  It is more work to measure out the whole dose...but worth it if others have found that to be better.

Not sure if I'll get replies here...but it's a good thread to bump anyway and others have been asking for this info lately.

I'd start at .01 and see what happens in a week. If you do ok past your lag day, you could increase slightly. I use a combination of liquid solution and dry pills and am reducing at .015 to .02 each day for a total of .5 each month.  :)--V

I'd start at .01 and see what happens in a week. If you do ok past your lag day, you could increase slightly. I use a combination of liquid solution and dry pills and am reducing at .015 to .02 each day for a total of .5 each month.  :)--V

Thanks Valley Um.

Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Valley Um

You know me from the long hold group.

Right I'm holding my 5mg dose until I feel stable but I will want to reduce to 4mgs next.

I only have 10 mg tablets and I'm cutting them in half at the moment but I always take the two halves on consecutive days so that the dose is even.

I would like to reduce to 4, then hopefully 3 using a milk titration.

does 5 mgs dissolved into 100 mls of milk sound ok?

That makes 1mg = 20mls milk.

So I would want to reduce 1mg over 20 days and then hold for as long as necessary.

Could you please advise me how to do that ?

I would continue taking the 5mg halves on consecutive days as i do now so the dose would even out over 2 days, I'm quite good at cutting them into halves but not too good when the pieces get smaller :)

Hi Valley Um

You know me from the long hold group.

Right I'm holding my 5mg dose until I feel stable but I will want to reduce to 4mgs next.

I only have 10 mg tablets and I'm cutting them in half at the moment but I always take the two halves on consecutive days so that the dose is even.

I would like to reduce to 4, then hopefully 3 using a milk titration.

does 5 mgs dissolved into 100 mls of milk sound ok?

That makes 1mg = 20mls milk.

So I would want to reduce 1mg over 20 days and then hold for as long as necessary.

Could you please advise me how to do that ?

I would continue taking the 5mg halves on consecutive days as i do now so the dose would even out over 2 days, I'm quite good at cutting them into halves but not too good when the pieces get smaller :)

Hi slowly. Are you open to dissolving with something other than milk? You can certainly use milk but it is more difficult to use in terms of portability and storage.  :)--V

Hi

Yes I think I would be ok with vodka and water.

I'm not keen on vodka but I suppose it would be easier especially, as you say, for storage and in case I had to hold for ages and was going away  :)

I expect I could steel myself to swallow it because of the convenience.

Thanks for replying Valley

Hi

I'm not keen on vodka but I suppose it would be easier especially, as you say, for storage and in case I had to hold for ages and was going away  :)

Ok. one more question. Do you plan to take the whole dose in liquid? I am assuming yes as you only have 10mg pills.  :)--V

Hi

Ok. one more question. Do you plan to take the whole dose in liquid? I am assuming yes as you only have 10mg pills.  :)--V

Here's a starting point for 5mg liquid daily dose reducing by 1mg every 20 days.

Dissolve 10mg in 20ml of vodka or PG. Add 80ml of water. You can make a larger solution by doubling, tripling etc. the above process.

Day one -  45ml for total dose

Day two -  40 ml

Day three - 35ml

You may want to start a little slower with .02ml reductions and increase from there depending on how well you do.

Day one -  48ml for total dose

Day two -  46 ml

Day three - 44ml

Let me know if you have questions.  :)--V

Thank you for that, Valley

Yes I do intend to take all of the dose as liquid and that table is simple enough even for me to follow. :)

Thats great.

I've been faffing around trying to sort it out for days.

Thank you for your help  :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...