Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Example of a Valium/Diazepam Daily Reduction Method

[Di...]

Hi everyone.

Ive not seen my Dr who prescribes my diazepam yet but I went to see my P-Doc and he has left and I had a new P=Doc

This new P-Doc is really well educated with benzo W/D.

He said everything that we say on here.Cuts should be made when we feel like it and not before,It doesn't matter how long we take between cuts,It's not a race and should never be hurried and that every case of valium withdrawal should be looked at as an individual process as some can get of in a few months and other could and do take years.

Anyway the reason im posting this in this thread is because he is very interested in small daily cuts and think it is a very sensible idea and could be a way to minimize W/D.

The doctors are listening!!!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Ive not seen my Dr who prescribes my diazepam yet but I went to see my P-Doc and he has left and I had a new P=Doc

This new P-Doc is really well educated with benzo W/D.

He said everything that we say on here.Cuts should be made when we feel like it and not before,It doesn't matter how long we take between cuts,It's not a race and should never be hurried and that every case of valium withdrawal should be looked at as an individual process as some can get of in a few months and other could and do take years.

Anyway the reason im posting this in this thread is because he is very interested in small daily cuts and think it is a very sensible idea and could be a way to minimize W/D.

The doctors are listening!!!

Thanks for sharing this!!  So glad we are being heard.  We are making, and will continue to make, a difference!!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Builder, Ok that makes sense. Where does the alcohol part come in? What kind and how much? Then, where does the milk come in?

Builder, Ok that makes sense. Where does the alcohol part come in? What kind and how much? Then, where does the milk come in?

in

There are several different ways to use liquid V to taper.  The simplest method is Rx-grade liquid V.  But you need a scrip for it.  Another is to dissolve your tablet  milk.  V is fat-soluble, and will distribute its uniformly in full-fat milk.  V is also soluble in alcohol, so you can use high-proof vodka to make your own liquid V.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

Ok. What is the best way to mix it right before drinking it to make sure it is distributed evenly?

????

Have you actually read the information in the links I posted?  I'll be glad to help you, but it looks like the answers are already there.

"  Add 1mg valium tablet to 100ml full fat milk and allow to dissolve. The fat helps to keep the valium suspended, but when drawing out the required dose, make sure you keep it mixed well by doing a backwards and forwards swishing movement. A lot of people avoid stirring and shaking, as stirring can create a vortex, and shaking can cause bubbles and can leave particles stuck to the side of the jar."

"... put 1mg valium tablet into the glass jar that I'm making my batch in. I add 1ml of vodka.

The tablet breaks down very quickly (seconds) and then I swish the liquid around for maybe another 10-15 seconds, just to make sure the valium is dissolved properly. The alcohol will dissolve the valium, thus making a solution, as opposed to a "suspension" (which is what whole milk and straight water will create with tablets).

Then I add 99ml of water to make up a 100ml solution. "

Fwiw, I'd like to share that the micro-cutting with a jewelery scale and shaving pills is working just fine. I've been doing it now for a few months and it's really starting to settle in. I feel like my body has recovered from previous cut and holds and this is MUCH more tolerable.

Don't think there's any reason to worry about distribution in Valium 2mg pills, or things wouldn't be progressing this well.

Good day all :)

Builder,

After you draw up your daily dose to drink do you put into a glass or better to squirt in your mouth. Also, what seems to be agreeable by most milk or water? Also, since each tablet is 2mg and I decided to do two 2mg tablets then I would use 1ml vodka to dissolve both tablets then add 399ml?

Builder,

After you draw up your daily dose to drink do you put into a glass or better to squirt in your mouth. Also, what seems to be agreeable by most milk or water? Also, since each tablet is 2mg and I decided to do two 2mg tablets then I would use 1ml vodka to dissolve both tablets then add 399ml?

You can transfer it to a glass, or take it directly from the syringe.  Whichever you do, just be sure to rinse with plain water, (and drink the rinse).

If you want to dissolve 4 mg (2x2mg), I would suggest 5 ml vodka, and 395 ml water.

You can only use water with the pharma grade liquid valium.

Valium tablets won't dissolve in water. Tablets should be added to full fat milk, so the fat can "suspend" the valium.

to clarify Pam's answer, you can only use water when you  have pharm grade OR you are also dissolving the pill in vodka.

Dry V (tablets) is NOT soluble in water.  You can use water to dilute Rx liquid V,have  or tablets that been dissolved in alcohol.

If your using vodka (alcohol) to dissolve your tablets, there is no reason to use milk.  I'm not even sure how milk and vodka would react together, but there would be no problem with water.

If you want to use milk, you don't even need the vodka...you can just dissolve the V in the milk.

The vodka/water mix has a long, stable shelf life, no problems with spoilage or souring.  Personally, I would just stay with vodka and water

Ok. I used 2ml 80 proof Vodka. It dissolved the 2mb V a little but not most of it. What did I do wrong? The pill was saturated and sitting in the Vodka.

Most of your tablet is NOT "valium" it is binders, fillers, colorants, etc.  Your 2mg pill probably weighs 125-140mg, but only 2mg is actually Valium.  The Valium is soluble in alcohol, but perhaps other ingredients are not.  At any rate, I would try mechanically  breaking down ("mashing") tablet, then add the water.  The water will actually improve the  solubility of some of the components.

Ok so just ditch the Vodka and mash pill, add the water, stir back and forth then it will distribute evenly? Also, stir back and forth before every draw? Just wondering how when I draw that we know it is distributed evenly.

Ok so just ditch the Vodka and mash pill, add the water, stir back and forth then it will distribute evenly? Also, stir back and forth before every draw? Just wondering how when I draw that we know it is distributed evenly.

NO, NO, NO!!!

Put the pill in the vodka, mash it, then add water to that.  It definitely will NOT dissolve in plain water.

The Valium is soluble in alcohol, but perhaps other ingredients are not.  At any rate, I would try mechanically  breaking down ("mashing") tablet, then add the water. 

NO, NO, NO!!!

Put the pill in the vodka, mash it, then add water to that.  It definitely will NOT dissolve in plain water.

The Valium is soluble in alcohol, but perhaps other ingredients are not.  At any rate, I would try mechanically  breaking down ("mashing") tablet, then add the water. 

:thumbsup:

Ok. I think I got it right. Does the bubble that you get at the plunger end of the syringe matter? I am not sure how exact things  need to be. I dissolved 2 2mg V with 4ml Vodka after having to crush. Then I added 396ml water (bubble at the top of each draw). Nest question is when drawing my daily dose will the bubble matter there too? Also, the rubber stopper, should I be drawing so that the top or bottom of it is on the line? Last, do I just take a spoon and go back and forth a little before each draw? Sorry but nervous about this because once I start the daily I guess it will be hard to revert back? Thanks

Ok. I think I got it right. Does the bubble that you get at the plunger end of the syringe matter? I am not sure how exact things  need to be. I dissolved 2 2mg V with 4ml Vodka after having to crush. Then I added 396ml water (bubble at the top of each draw). Nest question is when drawing my daily dose will the bubble matter there too? Also, the rubber stopper, should I be drawing so that the top or bottom of it is on the line? Last, do I just take a spoon and go back and forth a little before each draw? Sorry but nervous about this because once I start the daily I guess it will be hard to revert back? Thanks

As long as the tip is submersed, then the amount of liquid pulled up will be exactly what it says on the barrel of the syringe.  If your using a 1ml syringe and pull the plunger back to 5 (.5ml), you will have pulled up .5ml.,  There will be some liquid in the tip, but there will also be a little a little airgap at the bottom of the plunger.  The gap under the plunger is the amt of liquid in the tip.  Just be sure to rinse and discharge the syringe several  times with plain water and drink that rinse water so you get all of the med that you pulled up.