Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hi Leann. It’s good to hear from you. I hope everything works out for you. I’m not sure of any advice to give you. But I wish you the best and sending you a big hug  :hug:

Not what I wanted to do but life was unbearable, fir some reason last 5 weeks got lit worse, barely eating. . It is hard when GP’s refuse to help you, just  have taper slowly and hope for the best. I never had any problems on it so fingers crossed. The NHS is beyond awful, any help with mental health is non existent. Especially as a GP caused this. Hopefully this time round things will be better.

Jerry!

I'm dropping by to congratulate you! I know you won't miss that metallic taste or having to refill the prescription. You did it!  Congratulations to you!  Let the real healing begin.

Helen

Jerry!

I'm dropping by to congratulate you! I know you won't miss that metallic taste or having to refill the prescription. You did it!  Congratulations to you!  Let the real healing begin.

Helen

Ha Helen, thanks a lot!  :thumbsup: You are right, no metal taste and no need for refills anymore. That is so nice! I also hope that my anxiety complaints will cease.

Huggs! Jerry

Im 29 months! YAY!

Sings “ Another month bites the dust”  🎵 🎶

Happy Sunday! ❤️

Congratulations! 🍀 🙃

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ha Zzers,

Last night was the 4th night without zopiclone, I have the idea that I am in a ‘light’ acute now. I guess this was to be expected.

Huggs,

Jerry

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello and share an update with you.

I'm currently two and half months out since jumping. I feel like I'm healing and many things are much better. However, I still have waves of severe anxiety, weak/wobbly legs, tingling in the hands, headaches a terrible exhausted but wired feeling and sleep is still very bad. 

I'm still taking a boatload of supplements during the day. I feel they may be helping me heal but it could just be a placebo. Anyway, I don't think they are hurting. 

Alas, my sleep is still very poor. Currently, I am taking the following supplements at night: 1.8 mgs melatonin, 200 mgs magnesium biglycinate, 100 mgs L-theanine. Also, I rotate among taking 500 mgs L-trytophan, 310 mgs Hops and 110 mgs Valerian when I wake up in middle of the night which is every night for the bathroom.

Last night was hell, virtually no sleep despite the supplement regimen. Hopefully not too many of those...

Of course, I want to slowly start tapering off the nighttime supplements but not until my sleep stabilizes. I'm definitely still struggling big time but, taking the long view, I'm much better than I was a year ago and I'm completely off the zolpidem and benzo rohypnol for good.

I see Lightspacer has jumped. Congratulations to you and good luck to the Netherlands in the World Cup. I see you won your first game.

Hope you are all well. 

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello and share an update with you.

I'm currently two and half months out since jumping. I feel like I'm healing and many things are much better. However, I still have waves of severe anxiety, weak/wobbly legs, tingling in the hands, headaches a terrible exhausted but wired feeling and sleep is still very bad.

I'm still taking a boatload of supplements during the day. I feel they may be helping me heal but it could just be a placebo. Anyway, I don't think they are hurting.

Alas, my sleep is still very poor. Currently, I am taking the following supplements at night: 1.8 mgs melatonin, 200 mgs magnesium biglycinate, 100 mgs L-theanine. Also, I rotate among taking 500 mgs L-trytophan, 310 mgs Hops and 110 mgs Valerian when I wake up in middle of the night which is every night for the bathroom.

Last night was hell, virtually no sleep despite the supplement regimen. Hopefully not too many of those...

Of course, I want to slowly start tapering off the nighttime supplements but not until my sleep stabilizes. I'm definitely still struggling big time but, taking the long view, I'm much better than I was a year ago and I'm completely off the zolpidem and benzo rohypnol for good.

I see Lightspacer has jumped. Congratulations to you and good luck to the Netherlands in the World Cup. I see you won your first game.

Hope you are all well.

Ha Agoura,

Thank you! And yes and it is nice that Holland won the first game. I wonder how you know that I am from the Netherlands. I am only taking vitamin D as a supplement. My sleep is ok, but the mornings are really tough. I don t think it is related to the zopiclone, because I also use other mental medication.

Where are you from?

Hugggs Jerry  :thumbsup:

Agoura a big congrats to you being off zolpidem. Way to go! With time you and all of us will heal. Keep your focus on this is temporary.

That goes for us all. It’s temporary….that temporary may sometimes feel like a lie but it’s not. It may feel like forever but it’s not.

Hang in there…Sab, Agoura, Jerry, J, Helen and myself.  :thumbsup:

I’d like to wish you all a very happy thanksgiving!

🦃🍁🍂🌽🍠🥮🥧

Agoura a big congrats to you being off zolpidem. Way to go! With time you and all of us will heal. Keep your focus on this is temporary.

That goes for us all. It’s temporary….that temporary may sometimes feel like a lie but it’s not. It may feel like forever but it’s not.

Hang in there…Sab, Agoura, Jerry, J, Helen and myself.  :thumbsup:

I’d like to wish you all a very happy thanksgiving!

🦃🍁🍂🌽🍠🥮🥧

Ha Ladyden,

We don’t celebrate thanksgiving here in the Netherlands, what do you do with this celebration?

Hug, Jerry

Ha Jørgen,

Long time no see! How are you doing at the moment? Are you watching the Danish soccer team?

Or is football not your thing?

I am not doing great, even though I finished my zopiclone taper. I still feel lightheaded during the day and groggy. On Saturday my father and I join a special event. In a new nature graveyard close-by we are going to plant two cherry trees for two children my parents lost at their birth, a boy and a girl named Romeo and Esther. I will play on my sax too.

Hope to hear from you! I hope your situation has improved!

Best,

Jeroen

P.s.

ha Becksblue, how are you doing at the moment? I hope you are okay….also haven’t seen you for a while?

Jerry there’s a big feast prepared. Traditionally turkey, dressing, ham, yams ( or sweet potatoes), vegetables, breads and many desserts (traditionally pumpkin pie or sweet potato pies). We Americans usually pray, eat and enjoy football games together most of the day. We give thanks for all our blessings including each other. Traditionally most families also use that thanksgiving evening to put up their holiday decorations. It makes sense because you have many hands on deck to help, The next day is called Black Friday. It’s a big shopping day to began the holiday shopping. Supposedly it’s one day of getting things you want at a bargain price.

Jerry there’s a big feast prepared. Traditionally turkey, dressing, ham, yams ( or sweet potatoes), vegetables, breads and many desserts (traditionally pumpkin pie or sweet potato pies). We Americans usually pray, eat and enjoy football games together most of the day. We give thanks for all our blessings including each other. Traditionally most families also use that thanksgiving evening to put up their holiday decorations. It makes sense because you have many hands on deck to help, The next day is called Black Friday. It’s a big shopping day to began the holiday shopping. Supposedly it’s one day of getting things you want at a bargain price.

Ha LadyDen,

Thank your for your explanation! Here we have a kind of Black Friday week. With a lot of bargains, IMO it is really overdone, why not just one day?

I have a really tough day today. I don’t think I can make it to the tree plant event.

Hug Jerry  :thumbsup:

P.s. luckily I made it to the tree plant event. It was sunny weather which was really nice.

Ha Jørgen,

Long time no see! How are you doing at the moment? Are you watching the Danish soccer team?

Or is football not your thing?

I am not doing great, even though I finished my zopiclone taper. I still feel lightheaded during the day and groggy. On Saturday my father and I join a special event. In a new nature graveyard close-by we are going to plant two cherry trees for two children my parents lost at their birth, a boy and a girl named Romeo and Esther. I will play on my sax too.

Hope to hear from you! I hope your situation has improved!

Best,

Jeroen

P.s.

ha Becksblue, how are you doing at the moment? I hope you are okay….also haven’t seen you for a while?

Hi Jerry

Thanks for thinking about me. Yes I watch a little football and the Danish team - but only when they are winning, lol.

Happy to hear you finished you tapering. So at least, you are done with that and can look forward to more healing, I hope.

Very nice thought with the cherry trees. It's so hard to loose children. There are no words for it.

Unfortunately, my situation gas not improved. I am still invalidated with excruciating pain and headache. Burning acid pain, etc.

I am wondering, if this could still be withdrawal or whether It's due to something else. I am 17 months off the sleeping pills now, and things have been worse this autumn. Doctors don't know what to do with me...

Hugs, Jørgen

Hugs to Team Z!

Jerry that’s ok because there will be times when you don’t feel like doing things. Listen to your brain and just rest. We all have those days. You’re doing well. I’m proud of you! Continue to stick to your guns and don’t look back. You are free now….uncomfortable for a little while and afterwards you will feel better and better. I also think the Black Friday is dumb! Big hugs 🤗

Jorgen good to see you post again. I’m thinking of you. Hang in there. You’ll turn a corner soon. No matter how things look right now. No matter how you feel right now. Time IS on your side.  It hugs 🤗

May everyone have a better day today. 💗

Greetings Z Team,

Jerry and Jorgen, I'm sorry neither of you is feeling well. I'm not either so I understand.  I'm back to full blown buzzing, burning, tingling, aching, heart palpitations and nausea.  I'm in Washington, DC visiting my son and he is patient but I really wish I felt better so could get out more. I can manage some gentle walks here holding on to my son or my husband's arm but that's about it.  I don't know why I'm in such a bad wave but hoping it ends soon and also hoping all of you feel better too. Jorgen I watched the Netherlands play Ecuador yesterday and saw they tied and then I watched the US tie with England. 

Lady Den, I hope your good feelings from Thursday and Friday have continued!  You are ready to launch soon!

Love and hugs to all,

Sylvie

Sylvie I’m so sorry to hear that you’re not doing well. Unfortunately I’m in the same boat as of last night. But I’m grateful for the few consecutive days that I had that were decent enough for me to enjoy thanksgiving. Wishing you go back to feeling better soon, my dear and safe travels back home. It’s good that your family is being understanding. Sending love and hugs 🤗❤️

Lady Den,

I'm sorry you are back "in it"! Darn it. But it makes me smile to know you had some good days with your family.  It stinks when that ends though. 

Weirdly, after I typed my post yesterday, about an hour later, things got much better. I went the whole day yesterday feeling mostly good. We went for a hike by the Potomac River and it was gorgeous.  I woke up tingling and aching but I'm ok now again.  Wow.... weird days for sure. 

I so hope you and all the others of us feel better later today. 

Hugs,

Helen

Ha Zzers,

Today another tough day, in Dutch we say “Ik loop op mijn tandvlees”, which means “I walk on my teeth flesh”. Which means that It is very tough dealing with life. I am watching a lot of football as distraction. That helps a bit. Today and tomorrow I can’t swim. So I am looking forward to Tuesday. I think my ‘not feeling well’ is related to the finish of my zopiclone taper. I guess I have to be patient, patient, patient….

Hugggggggg,

Jerry

:crazy: