Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Good morning Z drug friends.  Jerry, I'm sorry your mornings are still rough. I understand! What will do this winter for exercise without the swimming? Do you go to an indoor pool during the winter?  I hope you feel better and can relax today.

Ha Helen,

Only on monday the pool is closed. So the rest of the week it is open. The pool is indoors, so I can always swim there. During holidays the opening schedule is a bit different.

Great that your beach trip was nice, and you had a window for 5 days, if I am right.

Huggs Jerry

Jerry glad the gallery went well. You’re going to miss that swimming pool for sure. Yes mornings are my roughest times too. All part of the process. It’s pretty common around here. In time they will improve. Mine has done that…mornings rough for a few weeks then settle down then rough again. Normal all normal in this.

Helen I’m glad the beach rendered you a renewed step forward in your healing. That is so awesome. Nothing like a good dose of nature especially a beach. Wow that is so wonderful. I hope this improvement stay with you the rest of your recovery until you finish healing. As far as the sleep thing….I wouldn’t mind too much if I felt better and had a little trouble with sleep. I could live with that. Ha! I think perhaps your CNS just hasn’t settled from all the sunshine and activities. Maybe a couple more days you’ll see better sleep. I’m so happy for you! Yay!

I am feeling better in some ways. Not as rough as it was but still quite uncomfortable off and on throughout the day and night. But I am now starting to sit up longer again as well as short walks again….very short ones but it’s a start. Thank you Helen!

Love and warm hugs Team Z!

Jerry,

I'm glad you can continue to swim!

LD,

I'm also glad to hear that you have some slight improvement.  Hopefully before you know it, you'll be back at the walking level you were before. I'm sorry it's been such a long haul. I think about you every day.

Dear Z's

Hope you are having some windows🙏

I have full blown inner akathisia. How can this come after so long time off? I hope it's a sign of healing, but it surely doesn't feel that way.

Hugs, Jørgen

Hi Zer's,

Jb I hate to hear you still have such intense inner akasthisia.  It does seem like a LOOONG process for some of us. 

Jerry, I hope you are doing ok today.

LD, you know I'm pulling for you.

I'm doing pretty well...lots of scalp burning at night and today the legs are burning and aching a bit but all in all I'm really pretty good. 

Thanks Helen🙏

Yes - inner akathisia is hell on earth. No less.

My whole CNS is misfiring constantly.

Happy to hear, you are pretty good - in spite of the burning.

Thx Hellen, Jørgen and LadyDen,

Had a good swim and sax lesson today. Today I played on my EWI, an Electronic Wind Instrument. A digital sax. My lip has a small chap, but it is almost healed. And it also fun to play on this instrument. It is very sensitive and it has 100 different sounds. This evening I was at my father’s place and we ate a salad. I wish you all had an ok or a better day. Hug Jerry

Ha team Z,

It is still early here,  at least for me. Last night I had a dream that I had to a kind of exam, but I was not able to, I had problems with writing, so then I wanted to do it again and then somehow couldn’t. Frustrating. I don’t remember the rest of it. I vaguely remember I was wandering around. I have another tough morning today. It is what it is. Hug Jerry  :-\

Ha Jerry! I have weird dreams too. And it’s normal to do that in this recovery. It’s a sign of healing. Some dreams I remember clearly in detail and some are bits of it. Other times I don’t recall what I dreamed. When I think about it, that’s how I used to be before I was on Zolpidem….that is normal. A true sign of healing  :thumbsup:

Hope your dreams are good ones!

Morning of feeling bad is also part of this. I’m feeling not so good in the mornings too. Part of this course.

Love to Team Z!

Helen and Jorgen are you both getting better sleep?

Jerry,

I've had dreams like that one. Were you happy to realize you didn't have to take an exam once you woke up? 

And yes LD and Jerry, mornings are ROUGH.  Yesterday for the first time in months, I woke up and felt pretty good.  But oddly, it wasn't my best day. It was still a good day but not as good as the ones before it.  I woke up at 3am today with a bad headache. I'll get through it. I'm going to take it easy today.  We have plans to go to a nice concert outdoors at the NC Museum of Art tonight but I'm now unsure. It'll be ok either way.  Life is coming back to me for sure and if I miss one little thing then no biggie.

My sleep has been all over the place.  The last two nights I got more which is good.

I hope all of you are doing ok and I'm thinking of you through the rough days.

Helen

I also had bad vivid dreams over a period of months in Spring, but they are gone now. I sleep 6 hours at the moment and wake up in pain.

I am trying to exercise more now, and I eat extremely healthy.

But things are still not good. I spend most of the day in bed in a dark room. My main symptoms, which are always there seems to be amplified at the moment. I got this constant giant headache, burning acid brain. When it's worst, I have problems with fine motor skills, my hands are shaking and the pain seems to radiate from my brain out in my body - a burning, electric feeling.

Is this anything you can recognize?

Hugs, Jorgen

I also had bad vivid dreams over a period of months in Spring, but they are gone now. I sleep 6 hours at the moment and wake up in pain.

I am trying to exercise more now, and I eat extremely healthy.

But things are still not good. I spend most of the day in bed in a dark room. My main symptoms, which are always there seems to be amplified at the moment. I got this constant giant headache, burning acid brain. When it's worst, I have problems with fine motor skills, my hands are shaking and the pain seems to radiate from my brain out in my body - a burning, electric feeling.

Is this anything you can recognize?

Hugs, Jorgen

Ha Jørgen,

I don’t have the symptoms you describe. Perhaps because you did a cold turkey, while I did a slow taper. Or it can be different because you also stopped with an ssri. Maybe it is not possible to compare at all. I also use other medication besides the zopiclone; clozapine and citalopram…. Nevertheless, I really hope you will improve soon. Hugg, have a good weekend! Jerry

Thanks Jerry

Yes - I think both that I also got sertraline, and stopped both with CT is a problem for me.

Happy weekend to you too

Hugs, Jørgen

Team a  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hang in there! These symptoms are not some rare disease. It’s our CNS that has been disrupted by medications we took. Time…time time is our friend. We are healing so we will feel it.

Morning hugs Team Z friends! I think I’ve decided to take a very short break from the forum for a few days. I’d like to focus on improving some things that would enhance my quality of life. This will be a bit difficult and cause my brain a little stress. What I’ll be working on is sitting up more during the day in hopes that i can finally not be in bed most of the day. I know this will cause me some rougher waves off and on. But I’ll never know if I can handle it unless I give it a fair try. I can’t type or hold my head down to be on this forum while I work on it. I hope my brain receives the message that I’m SUPPOSED to be able to sit up like a normal person and this isn’t any danger. I’m hopeful that it will stop reacting so wildly when I do this. Please keep me in mind to be successful in this little attempt to give a push. If im successful this would GREATLY improve my life!  I’ll be thinking of you all every day. I’ll miss you very much. Those of you who have my personal number can call or text me anytime. I’m also wishing you all nice turned corners and try all you can to push a little bit in trying things that you used to enjoy. That’s the only way we will know. It definitely will tell us how much we’ve healed. See you in a few days.

Love you all!

❤️❤️❤️

JB and Jerry, how are both of you doing?

Ha Becks,

I am a bit lightheaded today. And it is stormy weather here. So I think I’ll stay at home. No swimming. I have a sax lesson at three O’clock, which we do through internet, an app called Jamulus.

No other news from me. Hug Jerry

How are you doing?

Morning hugs Team Z friends! I think I’ve decided to take a very short break from the forum for a few days. I’d like to focus on improving some things that would enhance my quality of life. This will be a bit difficult and cause my brain a little stress. What I’ll be working on is sitting up more during the day in hopes that i can finally not be in bed most of the day. I know this will cause me some rougher waves off and on. But I’ll never know if I can handle it unless I give it a fair try. I can’t type or hold my head down to be on this forum while I work on it. I hope my brain receives the message that I’m SUPPOSED to be able to sit up like a normal person and this isn’t any danger. I’m hopeful that it will stop reacting so wildly when I do this. Please keep me in mind to be successful in this little attempt to give a push. If im successful this would GREATLY improve my life!  I’ll be thinking of you all every day. I’ll miss you very much. Those of you who have my personal number can call or text me anytime. I’m also wishing you all nice turned corners and try all you can to push a little bit in trying things that you used to enjoy. That’s the only way we will know. It definitely will tell us how much we’ve healed. See you in a few days.

Love you all!

❤️❤️❤️

Ha LadyDen,

Has your attempt to stay up during the day been successful?

I am thinking of you! Huggg!

Jerry  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi,

I have ended up taking a 1/2 dose of Ambien (2.5mgs) early  Wednesday morning and then 5mgs last night. I've been on a severe setback since August and the Remeron that I have been been prescribed is not working. I was desperate for sleep and now know Ambien doses not solve that. I feel depressed and scared right now.

I fear I hurt the process of healing my receptors by taking the two doses. I was benzo free and thriving at 17 months till this setback.  Now I'm 21 months off benzos but quite ill from the setback due to surgery and anesthesia.

I think I'm not sure what I'm looking for but maybe somereassurance that I haven't made things much worse by the 1 1/2 doses. I will not be taking more.

Thank you.

final, I hear you. When we get desperate for sleep, we'll do almost anything. I can't speak to the remeron, but it occurs to me that if it's not helping, why not try to taper it off?

When if was desperate for sleep after my Ambien (and benzo) taper, I occasionally took half a 25 mg Unisom tab. It left me feeling a bit groggy in the am, but then so does not sleeping. I also used from time to time a Chlor tab (antihistamine). It knocked me out . . . but them I'm pretty sensitive to drugs.

Nowadays I take a CBD gummie. It's very effective. Read up on CBD for sleep, and be sure to order from a reputable dispensary. PM me if you like, and I'll give you a couple of websites which I order from.

Hope this  helps.

Katz