XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Hi , I am new here. I am on Xanax for 3 mounths 0,25 mg regular Xanax dividend in 2 dose and Xanax XR 0,5 mg for night. I am Really affraid to start my tapering, i have to take care of my little daughter and household. Maybe I would like to try microtapering. How it works with Xanax XR ? It is the same like regular Xanax? I have read here about using propylen glycol to dissolve Xanax for microtapering, can I do This also with Xanax XR?

Thank you very much for your advices:-)

My Xanax doses now:

7:00 0,125 mg regular X 12:30 0,125 mg regular X and 19:00 X XR

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dropped my last Xanax dose as of this morning, now all I have is the Valium (I did a partial crossover from Xanax, then tapered the remaining Xanax). I feel a big sense of accomplishment but also apprehensive at the same time. I keep worrying about how my body will react to no more Xanax. My dr said it would be out of my system in 5 days. Of course I have still have a bunch of Valium to get off of. I'm going to hold for 4 weeks like I did with my last .0625 Xanax cuts before starting the valium taper. At least any interdose withdrawals from Xanax should go away. Taking deep breath...

Wow, congratulations Grapejuice! I am tapering my X while keeping my Librium steady, which is a very slow benzo like V. I hope you keep coming on here and letting us know how you're doing. It would be great help to me! Personally, I think you're going to be doing much better! :thumbsup:

Hi , I am new here. I am on Xanax for 3 mounths 0,25 mg regular Xanax dividend in 2 dose and Xanax XR 0,5 mg for night. I am Really affraid to start my tapering, i have to take care of my little daughter and household. Maybe I would like to try microtapering. How it works with Xanax XR ? It is the same like regular Xanax? I have read here about using propylen glycol to dissolve Xanax for microtapering, can I do This also with Xanax XR?

My Xanax doses now:

Welcome, Zuzka! My first thought is you cannot dissolve and maybe shouldn't even cut XR. I think people switch to all regular X to taper and then dose it 4 (or more) times/day and adjust to that before they start to taper. I actually wake up in the night and take a dose of X. I dose 5 times/day.

Also, regular X comes in a liquid already dissolved in PG. It's called alprazolam intensol by Roxanne. I use it. It's very strong so I dilute it with water to make my measurements more accurate and to microtaper. I strongly suggest you ask about this on the titration board. There are members on there who give very good advice about this sort of thing. There is also a micro tapering thread here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0;topic 

You can do this and still be a mom if you do it correctly. Ask lots of questions and think this through before you start. And I strongly urge you to try to get the alprazolam intensol. It makes diluting and micro tapering soooo easy.

And never, never, never go to detox or try a rapid taper. Do it right: slowly and carefully. You will have bumps and adjustments, but we will be here to help you through it and you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Gard

My Xanax doses now:

Hi Zuzka,

There was another member who tapered off a Xanax XR and regular Xanax using dry cuts so that's an option also. Try making small cuts on each of the .25 regular Xanax until those are gone, then convert the XR to regular Xanax and cut that down. I posted the schedule the other member used below. Of course you can also try microtapering with liquid Xanax, or cross partly or completely over to Valium like I did. There' s'more than one way off this stuff.

1/25/14 7am & 8pm .5mg Xanax XR

3/26/14 7 am .5mg Xanax XR 8pm .3125mg Xanax

4/8/14 7 am .5mg Xanax XR .8pm .25mg Xanax

4/20/14 7am .5mg Xanax XR 8pm .1875mg Xanax

4/30/14 7am .5mg Xanax XR 8pm .125mg Xanax

5/18/14 7am .5mg Xanax XR 8pm .0625mg Xanax

5/28/14 7am .5mg Xanax XR

7/5/14 7am .25mg Xanax 4pm .125mg Xanax 9pm .0625 mg Xanax

7/14/14 7am .25mg Xanax 7pm .125mg Xanax

7/30/14 7am .1875 Xanax 7pm .125mg Xanax

8/14/14 7am .125mg Xanax 7pm .125mg Xanax

8/30/14 7am .125mg Xanax 7pm .0625mg Xanax

9/14/14 7am .125mg Xanax

9/30/14 7am .0625mg Xanax

10/19/14 - 0  Done

[fd...]

Well I dropped my last Xanax dose as of this morning, now all I have is the Valium (I did a partial crossover from Xanax, then tapered the remaining Xanax). I feel a big sense of accomplishment but also apprehensive at the same time. I keep worrying about how my body will react to no more Xanax. My dr said it would be out of my system in 5 days. Of course I have still have a bunch of Valium to get off of. I'm going to hold for 4 weeks like I did with my last .0625 Xanax cuts before starting the valium taper. At least any interdose withdrawals from Xanax should go away. Taking deep breath...

Congratulations!!

That is a huge accomplishment and a step forward on your final leg of your journey.

How are you feeling on all V?

Marija

Well it's only been two days. I'm a bit more uneasy during the day now since I used to take my Xanax dose first thing in the morning. I slept pretty decently last night though, about 6.75 hours and no nightmares.

hello, I just want to start my microtapering of Xanax . I am on 0,125 mg in the morning and at noon. i am taking Also Xanax XR 0, 5 mg for night. Should I first switch Xanax XR to regular and than start tapering or first start to taper morning or noon dose of regular Xanax?

I have read that XR and regular are 1:1 and I can divide dose of XR to more dose of regular, but I am taking XR for the night, so I dont know, should I wake up during the night? Any sugestions? Please help, I am really scared to start. I had horrific states when I try to quickly taper after a mounth of using Xanax,, I didnt know about slow tapering and w/d, doc didnt tell me anythink:-(

thank you very much

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to the discussion here, but have already found so much help from this place.

I am curious if anyone has any knowledge on the gram scale method for tapering?

My issue is that I only have access to 2mg pills, which makes dry cutting hard if I want to make .0625 cuts. (Currently at 1.5 mg's a day 3x a day.) Would it even be possible to use a gram scale to make these cuts?

I am having a bit of confusion on what exactly I should be doing here. From what I understand, the ashton method asks for you to make 10% cuts of your current dose. I have noticed that people tapering xanax generally make .0625 mg cuts, but wouldn't that number change dependent on your current dose? Or is it that many of you are not following the ashton method exactly and found an alternative method. I am not great with math, so I might just be misunderstanding something.

I did try to figure out a way to dry cutting the pills I do have. I can split my 2mg pills into 4 .5 mg sections. I was thinking of then crushing the .5s up and splitting it into 4 piles. And taking 3 of the 4 piles. I believe this would be a .125mg drop, wouldn't that be below a 10% drop? Again, I am not great with math so I might be doing something wrong here.

Thanks for any help that might come my way, I am determined to get off this stuff now that I am hatching out a plan.

One love

Hello ,

i just started to taper Xanax, I am using Gemini Scales from Amazon, it can mesure 0,001 g, it is helping me to cut Daily dose . I started with 4% of my daily dose, because I am affraid to cut 10% .My daily dose is 0,75 mg so I taper 0,03125 mg Alprazolam .

I am also not very good in math so my huby helps me.

Best regards

Wow that's a lot of math!  I'd Def need to double check!

How's everyone doing today?

I can't judge yet because I'm notrying fully awake.  The puppy forces me up everyday so I always start out a little grumpy.  Must have fallen asleep at 3am thanks to nyquil.  Had to do it but I think I'm finally over being sick! Damn dog spoiled what could have been a full nights sleep though,  I sometimes wish I had some help with her so I could get a break when I can actually sleep.  Oh well,  I know I'll live! The sun is shining and the annoying birds are chirping, hey, I'm alive right?  ;D

Today I have to complete a paper, hopefully some coffee will do the trick. I haven't been drinking it through my wd but my anxiety has been ok and I'm thankful for that. I'm coming closer to closing in on a month free of all substances and starting to feel a little human.  I'm hoping it's not just a window but either way it's a step toward being normal.

Anyone ever have dreams related to your recovery? I had a dream the other night that I slipped up and had 2mg of xanax,  xanax. I was so bummed and mad at myself.  Thank goodness it was only a dream.

What does everyone have planned and hope to accomplish today?

Some of us are micro tapering, which means making a very tiny cut every day. Very, very tiny. There's a support thread for that.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0;topicseen

You tell them your dose and rate you want to cut per month and how much your pill weighs and such. A math guru (someone on the thread whose brain is working and can do the math) will work out how much to cut off your pill each day. And you're right, each person cuts according to what their current dose is and how fast they can tolerate cutting. So each person will not be cutting the same.

I would be chicken to make a 10% cut, too, zuzka!

Hey gang,

I've posted this in the Benzo-free Celebrations section, but thought I'd post it here as well :)

Keep on keepin', gang!  You can DO this! :smitten::thumbsup:

Mrs. :smitten:

Benzo-freedom update:

Taper began: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012

Last dose: Wednesday, November 12th, 2014, 09:15am

Total taper length: 715 days (23 months and 28 days)

Taper of choice: water titration

Benzodiazepine of choice: alprazolam (Xanax)

Starting dose: 0.25mg per day

Ending dose: 0.001mg (1/250th of 0.25mg)

Starting dose "valium equivalence": 5mg diazepam (Valium)

Comprehensive list of symptoms experienced along the way (as best I can remember): Panic attacks, feeling on the “verge” of panic, “hairline” triggers to panic & fear, intrusive thoughts, generalized anxiety, fear, irrational fears, health fears, travel fears, I did not like my husband traveling, I did not like being alone, I did not like storms,  sensitivity to “scary” things (i.e. news reports, drama/horror/action movies/TV shows, “bad” news about others’ health, etc), temptation towards agoraphobia, hopelessness, depression, fatigue, tachycardia, heavy nausea, watery diarrhea, loose stools, loss of appetite, weight loss, weight gain, “hypoglycemic” type feelings (I was not actually hypoglycemic), dizziness, "cog-fog", mild and rare D/P, mild and rare D/R, “boaty” feeling, “cog-fog”, sensitivity to computer screens, sensitivity to heat, sensitivity to being in the sun, sensitivity to exercise, minor temporary hair loss, felt "feverish" & achey (i.e. "benzo flu"), nail ridges, my digits (fingers/toes) would easily get cold, tremors, shakiness, vibrations sensation, sleep disturbances, early wakings, some difficulty falling asleep, sweating, sweating that was smelly, missed a couple menstruation cycles, intensified PMS cycle, my menstruation cycle changed and got longer (from 29-32 days long, to 39-44 days long)

"Least favorite" symptom(s): FEAR, irrational fears, temptation to become agoraphobic, panic/panic attacks, temptations to become OCD, tachycardia, anxiety

Longest wave, to-date: 6 weeks (from mid-May through end of June 2014)

"most challenging" wave, to-date: 4 weeks, the month of August 2014

Work status: Currently working on a reduced 20-hour per week schedule (via FMLA and Short Term Disability benefits).  I maintained working full-time (40 hours per week) for my entire taper, through June 20, 2014.  Due to symptoms increasing in the low doses and my desire to "rest", I then moved to a temporary part-time status on June 23, 2014.  I will move to a 25-hour per week status starting next Monday, November 17th and I will resume my full-time status on Monday, December 15th (thank you Lord!).

Percentage healed, at my "most challenged" timeframe of withdrawal: 30-40% functional.

Current percentage of functionality: 85-90% functional.  Still windows/waves, with an increasingly better baseline as the months pass along.

What I'm "left" with, to-date: I still find myself "sensitive" or "fearful" or "anxious" about random things (or about nothing at all) -- but it is improving ALL the time.  Seeing as "fear" was my "most challenging"/"least favorite" symptom, I can see how it may take more time for it to disappear entirely -- and that's okay!  I'm becoming a strong gal in the mean time :)  I am still sensitive to exercise, to too much heat, and the feeling of my heartrate increased.

One Year Update:

Comprehensive list of symptoms experienced along the way (as best I can remember): Panic attacks (very, very rare and only situational), feeling on the “verge” of panic, “hairline” triggers to panic & fear, intrusive thoughts, generalized anxiety, fear (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), irrational fears (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), health fears (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), travel fears, I did not like my husband traveling, I did not like being alone, I did not like storms (getting better, & only seems "bothersome" near that time of the month -- I had zero fear of storms prior to benzos),  sensitivity to “scary” things (i.e. news reports, drama/horror/action movies/TV shows, “bad” news about others’ health, etc) (<--milder all the time!), temptation towards agoraphobia, hopelessness (very mild and intermittent), depression (mild and intermittent; usually only around that time of month), fatigue, tachycardia (<--milder all the time!), heavy nausea, watery diarrhea, loose stools, loss of appetite, weight loss, weight gain, “hypoglycemic” type feelings (I was not actually hypoglycemic), dizziness (very rare/intermittent), "cog-fog" (<--milder all the time!), mild and rare D/P (<--milder all the time!), mild and rare D/R, “boaty” feeling, sensitivity to computer screens, sensitivity to heat (very mild), sensitivity to being in the sun, sensitivity to exercise (mild), minor temporary hair loss, felt "feverish" & achey (i.e. "benzo flu"), nail ridges, my digits (fingers/toes) would easily get cold, tremors, shakiness, vibrations sensation (mild), sleep disturbances (mild / intermittent), early wakings (very mild / intermittent), some difficulty falling asleep (rarely), sweating (rarely), sweating that was smelly, missed a couple menstruation cycles, intensified PMS cycle (mild, compared to how it used to be), my menstruation cycle changed and got longer (from 29-32 days long, to 39-44 days long) (<--my menstruation cycle is 100% back to its normal timeframes and routines!) :) :) :)

"Least favorite" symptom(s): fear (very mild), irrational fears (mild), temptation to become agoraphobic, panic (rare)/panic attacks, temptations to become OCD, tachycardia (mild), anxiety (very mild)

Work status: I work full-time as an administrative assistant during the week, and I waitress part-time on the weekends -- and I LOVE it!  I maintained working full-time (40 hours per week) for my entire taper, through June 20, 2014.  Due to symptoms increasing in the low doses and my desire to "rest", I then moved to a temporary part-time FMLA status on June 23, 2014.  I then moved to a 25-hour per week status on Monday, November 17th and then resumed my full-time status on Monday, December 15th (thank you Lord!).  I have been working full-time ever since.

Percentage healed, at my "most challenged" timeframe of withdrawal: 30-40% functional.

Current percentage of functionality: 95% functional.  Instead of "windows" and "waves", I find myself at more of a "baseline" that will dip a bit, or raise a bit.  Usually, if I experience a "wave", I also experience a raise in "baseline" after it is done.  Progress is very hard to quantify anymore, as it is so gradual.  But, there is no denial in comparing 3-6 months ago to today -- I have an ever-increasingly better baseline as the months pass along.

What I'm "left" with, to-date: I find myself a little sensitive yet to a few things that I "feared" while in withdrawal (I did not have any "unusual" or "irrational" fears prior to benzos).  They are things that I can deal with, but take some mental energy to do so.  Low-level anxiety and depression can nip my heels at times, but there is nothing that takes me out of "life" anymore, and I am grateful for that!  I am still a bit sensitive to exercise, and the feeling of my heartrate increased, but it gets better all the time.  My emotions and "drive" are still a bit "mute" or "negative" at times, but I know that will change this year.  Most importantly, I LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, CRY, FIGHT, ETC!  Life is GOOD, gang :) REAL good!

Keep on fighting YOUR fight, and walking YOUR walk ~ you WILL get there, too!  Love to you all.

Congratulations Grape! I wish I were there with you, but I have along way to go!

Hey gang,

I've posted this in the Benzo-free Celebrations section, but thought I'd post it here as well :)

Wow, thanks so much for sharing this! I need all the good news I can get right now.  :hug:

Hey gang,

Benzo-freedom update:

Taper began: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012

Last dose: Wednesday, November 12th, 2014, 09:15am

Total taper length: 715 days (23 months and 28 days)

Taper of choice: water titration

Benzodiazepine of choice: alprazolam (Xanax)

Starting dose: 0.25mg per day

Ending dose: 0.001mg (1/250th of 0.25mg)

Starting dose "valium equivalence": 5mg diazepam (Valium)

Comprehensive list of symptoms experienced along the way (as best I can remember): Panic attacks, feeling on the “verge” of panic, “hairline” triggers to panic & fear, intrusive thoughts, generalized anxiety, fear, irrational fears, health fears, travel fears, I did not like my husband traveling, I did not like being alone, I did not like storms,  sensitivity to “scary” things (i.e. news reports, drama/horror/action movies/TV shows, “bad” news about others’ health, etc), temptation towards agoraphobia, hopelessness, depression, fatigue, tachycardia, heavy nausea, watery diarrhea, loose stools, loss of appetite, weight loss, weight gain, “hypoglycemic” type feelings (I was not actually hypoglycemic), dizziness, "cog-fog", mild and rare D/P, mild and rare D/R, “boaty” feeling, “cog-fog”, sensitivity to computer screens, sensitivity to heat, sensitivity to being in the sun, sensitivity to exercise, minor temporary hair loss, felt "feverish" & achey (i.e. "benzo flu"), nail ridges, my digits (fingers/toes) would easily get cold, tremors, shakiness, vibrations sensation, sleep disturbances, early wakings, some difficulty falling asleep, sweating, sweating that was smelly, missed a couple menstruation cycles, intensified PMS cycle, my menstruation cycle changed and got longer (from 29-32 days long, to 39-44 days long)

"Least favorite" symptom(s): FEAR, irrational fears, temptation to become agoraphobic, panic/panic attacks, temptations to become OCD, tachycardia, anxiety

Work status: Currently working on a reduced 20-hour per week schedule (via FMLA and Short Term Disability benefits).  I maintained working full-time (40 hours per week) for my entire taper, through June 20, 2014.  Due to symptoms increasing in the low doses and my desire to "rest", I then moved to a temporary part-time status on June 23, 2014.  I will move to a 25-hour per week status starting next Monday, November 17th and I will resume my full-time status on Monday, December 15th (thank you Lord!).

Current percentage of functionality: 85-90% functional.  Still windows/waves, with an increasingly better baseline as the months pass along.

What I'm "left" with, to-date: I still find myself "sensitive" or "fearful" or "anxious" about random things (or about nothing at all) -- but it is improving ALL the time.  Seeing as "fear" was my "most challenging"/"least favorite" symptom, I can see how it may take more time for it to disappear entirely -- and that's okay!  I'm becoming a strong gal in the mean time :)  I am still sensitive to exercise, to too much heat, and the feeling of my heartrate increased.

One Year Update:

Comprehensive list of symptoms experienced along the way (as best I can remember): Panic attacks (very, very rare and only situational), feeling on the “verge” of panic, “hairline” triggers to panic & fear, intrusive thoughts, generalized anxiety, fear (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), irrational fears (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), health fears (mild most days; mainly only around menstruation), travel fears, I did not like my husband traveling, I did not like being alone, I did not like storms (getting better, & only seems "bothersome" near that time of the month -- I had zero fear of storms prior to benzos),  sensitivity to “scary” things (i.e. news reports, drama/horror/action movies/TV shows, “bad” news about others’ health, etc) (<--milder all the time!), temptation towards agoraphobia, hopelessness (very mild and intermittent), depression (mild and intermittent; usually only around that time of month), fatigue, tachycardia (<--milder all the time!), heavy nausea, watery diarrhea, loose stools, loss of appetite, weight loss, weight gain, “hypoglycemic” type feelings (I was not actually hypoglycemic), dizziness (very rare/intermittent), "cog-fog" (<--milder all the time!), mild and rare D/P (<--milder all the time!), mild and rare D/R, “boaty” feeling, sensitivity to computer screens, sensitivity to heat (very mild), sensitivity to being in the sun, sensitivity to exercise (mild), minor temporary hair loss, felt "feverish" & achey (i.e. "benzo flu"), nail ridges, my digits (fingers/toes) would easily get cold, tremors, shakiness, vibrations sensation (mild), sleep disturbances (mild / intermittent), early wakings (very mild / intermittent), some difficulty falling asleep (rarely), sweating (rarely), sweating that was smelly, missed a couple menstruation cycles, intensified PMS cycle (mild, compared to how it used to be), my menstruation cycle changed and got longer (from 29-32 days long, to 39-44 days long) (<--my menstruation cycle is 100% back to its normal timeframes and routines!) :) :) :)

"Least favorite" symptom(s): fear (very mild), irrational fears (mild), temptation to become agoraphobic, panic (rare)/panic attacks, temptations to become OCD, tachycardia (mild), anxiety (very mild)

Work status: I work full-time as an administrative assistant during the week, and I waitress part-time on the weekends -- and I LOVE it!  I maintained working full-time (40 hours per week) for my entire taper, through June 20, 2014.  Due to symptoms increasing in the low doses and my desire to "rest", I then moved to a temporary part-time FMLA status on June 23, 2014.  I then moved to a 25-hour per week status on Monday, November 17th and then resumed my full-time status on Monday, December 15th (thank you Lord!).  I have been working full-time ever since.

Current percentage of functionality: 95% functional.  Instead of "windows" and "waves", I find myself at more of a "baseline" that will dip a bit, or raise a bit.  Usually, if I experience a "wave", I also experience a raise in "baseline" after it is done.  Progress is very hard to quantify anymore, as it is so gradual.  But, there is no denial in comparing 3-6 months ago to today -- I have an ever-increasingly better baseline as the months pass along.

What I'm "left" with, to-date: I find myself a little sensitive yet to a few things that I "feared" while in withdrawal (I did not have any "unusual" or "irrational" fears prior to benzos).  They are things that I can deal with, but take some mental energy to do so.  Low-level anxiety and depression can nip my heels at times, but there is nothing that takes me out of "life" anymore, and I am grateful for that!  I am still a bit sensitive to exercise, and the feeling of my heartrate increased, but it gets better all the time.  My emotions and "drive" are still a bit "mute" or "negative" at times, but I know that will change this year.  Most importantly, I LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, CRY, FIGHT, ETC!  Life is GOOD, gang :) REAL good!

Keep on fighting YOUR fight, and walking YOUR walk ~ you WILL get there, too!  Love to you all.

You GO, girl!!  Thanks for posting updates!  Everyone loves to see progress....  :smitten:

Wow that's a lot of math!  I'd Def need to double check!

How's everyone doing today?

I can't judge yet because I'm notrying fully awake.  The puppy forces me up everyday so I always start out a little grumpy.  Must have fallen asleep at 3am thanks to nyquil.  Had to do it but I think I'm finally over being sick! Damn dog spoiled what could have been a full nights sleep though,  I sometimes wish I had some help with her so I could get a break when I can actually sleep.  Oh well,  I know I'll live! The sun is shining and the annoying birds are chirping, hey, I'm alive right?  ;D

Today I have to complete a paper, hopefully some coffee will do the trick. I haven't been drinking it through my wd but my anxiety has been ok and I'm thankful for that. I'm coming closer to closing in on a month free of all substances and starting to feel a little human.  I'm hoping it's not just a window but either way it's a step toward being normal.

Anyone ever have dreams related to your recovery? I had a dream the other night that I slipped up and had 2mg of xanax,  xanax. I was so bummed and mad at myself.  Thank goodness it was only a dream.

What does everyone have planned and hope to accomplish today?

Well, I had planned to go to the doctor, but got canceled. >:(  Now I plan to eat a decent supper. :) 

And that's it for me!

Glad to hear you're feeling more and more human! There's hope for the rest of us!

A little over two weeks off Xanax for me (but still taking 15mg Valium per day). The first four days I felt kind of uneasy, not full blown panic, but a bit on edge. Then that faded and my mood started getting more sad and depressed. The grey, rainy weather didn't help. Then after a week of that, my depression suddenly lifted and switched back to that uneasiness I had at the start. I was tempted to take a Xanax, but didn't, and the nervousness faded after two hours. Then the next day and the past few days have been pretty neutral mood wise. I just feel pretty tired and a bit wobbly. Nothing extreme, but definitely feeling a bit of turbulence since jumping. Going to hold another two weeks to give my body a little more time to adjust, then I'll start tapering the Valium.

Glad to hear things are starting to stabilize, Grapejuice. It will get better! I went through a lot of the same, and although I am still on this roller coaster, I am generally trending in the right direction. Exercise is really helping me, even just walks. I'm also able to do short weight lifting sessions now. It's hard; I have to drag myself to go workout.  I'm trying to channel the nervous energy into physical energy for workouts. Set small goals, even simple ones like,  "I'm going to walk to the end of the street and back today. " Force yourself out there. I find that when I'm sitting there procrastinating, if I just pop my headphones on with some music and walk out door I'm able to get it done. If you aren't able to then don't beat yourself up; shoot for the next day. Celebrate all the small accomplishments. At first I was just happy that I got out of bed, then I'd be happy to shower and get changed. Going to the mailbox was another success, then a short walk,  a trip to the store, paying a bill etc. Now I'm walking a mile almost daily, planning workouts,  and other feats that seemed impossible not long ago. Things that caused anxiety now help keep anxiety under control. One of the hardest things for me was constantly comparing myself to where I used to be. I used to workout for 1 or 2 hours regularly. My first decent workout was 11 minutes. But I'll get there; we'll all get there.

I'd also recommend looking up some meditation videos on you tube. I've never been into that sort of stuff but someone else suggested it and I can say it has helped me relax and be more mindful.

Keep on chuggin everyone,  one day at a time!

On a long taper. Holding at .25 Xanax 3x .125 mg at night; 25 mg Ultram 3x .125 at night. Tried to drop another .125 but symptoms not worth it. Staying in holding pattern. I dropped from 150 mg Ultram to 85 mg over a month. Quite rough but successful. Steroid type rage got me to this website with a determination to totally withdraw. Brain zaps for years. Now twitching occasionally.

Don't mind though since for the first time in years I feel hopeful. Can almost relax. Becoming more social. Living situation awful. No support some abuse but it effects me less and less. I know I'll get out of here eventually. Work life, though reduced, going well.

Thanks to all posters. It helps immeasurably.

Past 9 days have been rough for me, except for a happy one day window on Saturday. My ears have been zapping bad the last three days and in general I've had more uneasiness, fatigue and floaty off balance feeling. It has been 3-1/2 weeks since I dropped the last Xanax. At times like this I really want to take a rescue dose but I don't want to go backwards. I was planning to start tapering my Valium next Sunday since by then I'll be one month off Xanax but now I'm worried I may have to delay it if my symptoms don't improve. I'm discouraged, it looked like I was doing better after that anxious days following the initial jump and now I'm back in a wave. The upcoming Thanskgiving holiday is stressing me out, I'm worried about the drive and staying the night away from my own bed.

Past 9 days have been rough for me, except for a happy one day window on Saturday. My ears have been zapping bad the last three days and in general I've had more uneasiness, fatigue and floaty off balance feeling. It has been 3-1/2 weeks since I dropped the last Xanax. At times like this I really want to take a rescue dose but I don't want to go backwards. I was planning to start tapering my Valium next Sunday since by then I'll be one month off Xanax but now I'm worried I may have to delay it if my symptoms don't improve. I'm discouraged, it looked like I was doing better after that anxious days following the initial jump and now I'm back in a wave. The upcoming Thanskgiving holiday is stressing me out, I'm worried about the drive and staying the night away from my own bed.

:therethere:

So sorry to hear about this setback, but I'm sure it is temporary. Waiting to taper the V sounds like a very good idea. The holidays are so stressful, and I'm sure make symptoms worse. I've slowed to a snail's pace myself. But we will get through this!

Gard

Thanks, I hope this is just triggered by holiday stress and PMS. I think when I do start the Valium taper I may do the daily MT method. These Xanax cuts have hit me hard even though they were pretty small cuts.

Thanks, I hope this is just triggered by holiday stress and PMS. I think when I do start the Valium taper I may do the daily MT method. These Xanax cuts have hit me hard even though they were pretty small cuts.

Ah, PMS and the holidays. What a combination! A good time to hold and wait.

I do the daily micro taper. And I'm still a snail! And I still sometimes hold. But it isn't as bad as big cuts. I could never do that. I think you'll do better with the micro taper.  :thumbsup:

[6b...]

Hi Everyone!  I was so hoping that I would've been further along in my recovery than I am but I think I inadvertently prolonged the agony by continuing to take Xanax for panic attacks even after I finished taking klonopin.  I guess I have a double benzo whammy of a w/d thing going on.  :(

I've been off the klonopin since July and took my last "regular" dose of Xanax on October 20th.  I've taken one rescue dose of Xanax (0.5 mg) since then.  I don't know if it was worth it or not.  From what I read, the suffering is tremendous no matter what we do.

I hate this.  I'm so sad.