Important Survey - Please Participate ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

I joined BB after the c/t when I was totally beside myself, so I don't have taper info from 2mg down to .25mg. 

It was very erratic, I'd go down a little, up a little depending on my level of anxiety.  I had no idea what I was doing, my objective was to go down in dose over time and I did do that, but I didn't know exactly how.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is truly astounding how such small doses can send you reeling. I'm at .625 and it varies so differently how I feel I can't explain it except it's impossible to predict or control. The last few days have been very good but the ones before were bad. Rage came back. But now I feel so good I can imagine why I was so down.

In the end, know it's wacky and incomprehensible. The only way out is to keep working your way down and then out. That's my plan and despite the hard times I don't regret the decision. And as Challis says, BB made the big difference. It's lie having a bright flashlight when trying to go down a dark hall. I have no one here. In fact, I'm in a bad environment but I'm making it through. I'm so happy not to be worrying about where the meds are any more. I'm getting to the point where I can delay the dose a few hours. What freedom that is.

You're close, Dog Tag.  I jumped at .0625 with no uptick in symptoms, in fact the 24/7 headache went away the first day off.  Everything else stayed the same for awhile, though.

You're almost there Dog Tag. 

In case you are wondering who I am, I was on the Xanax blog daily when I was tapering. I still like to come back to support.

Blue  :smitten:

Another perk of detoxing is, I remember names, so, Blue, yes, I remember you.

Took my 1/8 shy dose an hour late. Yay! Eating bone broth soup I made with shiitake and rice noodles. Feed my head, feed my head. Some vitamin A, too. The good stuff.

Im shocked at how big a difference in doses I was getting with these pills- cutting them in half by weight they varied a LOT. I never knew! I weighed my dose out tonight for my cut pill, but Lord only knows how off the WHOLE pill I take is! :(

I dont believe they are either. I guess thats why they seem to like taking a bunch of pills and crushing them and weighing out the doses from the crush pile. Once I get down to one pill strength I will probably do that too.

challis i am working on spacing out my doses. Todays attempt will be .625 at 6 am, noon and 6 pm then the remainder of my dose will be divided between 11 pm and whenever I wake up at 2 am or so for my goal total of .625. Thats my number I picked to stabilize at since I had to start somewhere and I was kinda in that neighborhood. Or at least the same town. Last night was a bitch with headaches and racing heart and sweats but yesterday in the daytime was ok. Todays day doses are double what yesterdays were so I wont drive but maybe by Monday I will be safe to get behind the wheel again and hopefully I will feel up to working again. Thanks again for all the support!

My doc cut me over to clonazepam when I hit tolerance withdrawal of alprazolam at 4 milligrams per day just last November.  Sadly, .5 is the lowest dose in a pill I can get in Clonazepam.  I'm doing a direct taper, no scale, lots of careful cutting.  I think the lowest I can get to is .0625 with careful cutting.  I think either .125 or I can attempt .0625 to jump from but that is going to be the absolute best I can do.  I'm going to plan to work from home for two weeks following the jump just in case sxs get bad.  I'm looking at March 23rd as my jump date.  I'm currently at .875 and will continue on .125 per week.  I'm really withdrawing from just shy of 2.5 months on Alprazolam.  I wish I was direct tapering from that and almost wish I could cut back over so I could go down directly from Alprazolam and not Clonazepam.  But, it is what it is.  I don't what to go back up in dose just to extend my taper so I'm in it for the haul.  I'm not overly sensitive so am hopeful it all works out okay.  5 months of tapering after just over 2 years....I hope that has been slow enough.  My reductions haven't been a big deal at all so...hoping all will be well.  Anyone else jump at .125 who isn't overly sensitive to the drug?  Just curious.  Asked the same in the Klonopin club.  Armed with information, I think we can better prepare for the Independence day! :)  LOL

Wish every one a peaceful, soothing and healing day.

Ever...

I wish you luck with that Ever. You are getting there- I hope you find some advice.

Im reposting what I just posted in the taper support group in hopes I can find someone who has had similar problems since I dont seem to be stable yet.

Last night was a total disaster. Adding pills to AM dose by taking away from PM dose is not going to work for me yet. I guess my " crash" a few weeks ago was probably tolerance and I should have added some in the daytime to stabilize without taking away from the bedtime dose. As I changed from daytime " crumb dosing" to actual amounts I could measure it drastically reduced by night dose and I can see I will not get stable this way- just psychotic. Back to the drawing board- maybe .017 3-4 x a day and my usual night dose of .625 or is it .6125 I will have to go look. This sucks to not even be able to get stable- and I have no idea what I took last night to get over a night terror...

I am keeping all these numbers I promise- I guess Im just not one of those people that can just move doses around. I think my nighttime dose has to stay where its at for a while or tiny reductions. I will see how just adding 3 tiny day doses to my previous nighttime dose works. Does anyone know anybody else who has kept a high PM dose and successfully tapered? :(

I would do what best works for you.  I tapered with Charlie39 who had only ever taken Xanax at night.  She never went to any daytime doses because she was okay during the daytime.  She went all the way off without ever taking any except once at night. 

Hello all, I woke up in a wonky state this morning having just begun a new taper. Listened to a mediatation tape, did my morning writing, eat and realized I did not take my morning dose yet. How exciting. I had a grotesque day subbing yesterday with a class of screaming ADHD kids who could not sit still. I almost walked out but stayed the day. I only do this on Monday and teach college history on Saturday. Today I will go to studio and work on art using metal.

I find working always helps distract but some situations are too much like my limited apartment living with deteriorating mother. It's often hellish. I keep the faith, even with some deep longing for a miracle out.

I'm doing it though. No alcohol, no coffee, good diet. Supplements, exercise. Meditation. Yoga stretches. And hope.

Good luck to you Dog Tag. That sounds like a lot to deal with while having too much on your own personal plate. I hope you can continue to get through this strong. I am glad to hear you are able to hold under that pressure- and I hope it gets better for you soon.

Thanks Kitty, I've gotten through the day well enough. With the tramadol, I don't have problem sleeping. I wake up a few times but it's not bad. The wonkiness is gone although I have magnified sound issues. Sleep walked though the studio time but got a few things done.

Am working on a troubling project on violence against women, so this afternoon will be challenging but there are good people around.

There's no stopping me. The month long taper seems to work. I hope to be drug free by May. If things start going easy I may jump. We'll see as I go along.

Feeling decent. Wierd dreams. Used to that.

Next time, then..

Hi all, I am new in this thread, I am in a despair situation on tapering from xanax, very slow, took almost 1.5 year to off from 1mg. Just recently I need to take a higher rescue dose, and now I am trying to back in track, not good, and not easy.

After several horrible night, thank goodness I have a better sleep last night.

This xanax taper is no kidding, and not fun. At least I have 1 minute calming time when waking up, and then another adrenalin rush.  :idiot:

Morning rushes are the worst for me.  My heart just pounds.  It will go away, it just will.  It is to be expected.  hang in there...

Hi all, I am new in this thread, I am in a despair situation on tapering from xanax, very slow, took almost 1.5 year to off from 1mg. Just recently I need to take a higher rescue dose, and now I am trying to back in track, not good, and not easy.

After several horrible night, thank goodness I have a better sleep last night.

This xanax taper is no kidding, and not fun. At least I have 1 minute calming time when waking up, and then another adrenalin rush.  :idiot:

[/quote

Hill contikitki91

I too am new to this board I just joined BBC 2 days ago.  I am trying to get off .25 MG xanax after doing a large cut from .5mg to .25mg at the end of October.  My symptoms are anxiety, pins and needles, lack of appetite,  brain fog and some dizziness.  I have held for 3 months and feel it is time to start micro tapering just waiting for the scale I bought to get  here.  What symptoms do you have?

Riddles.

Good to know you. Welcome to BB. :)

So far, I have not try a microtaper method, and always dry cutting it. Well I know maybe that's the reason my taper plan is not smooth. Just guessing. Anxiety and panic is my worst symptom, however the most annoying thing is physical symptom that trigger my panic, such as dizziness and jelly leg (currently, and worst), and GI problem, which is currently almost healed.

Hang in there.

Contikitki91,

Dose your anxiety and panic hit at certain times of the day or randomly?  I had a lot of stomach issues at first but that has gotten better.  I hate the dizziness that seems to come and go also.

Hang tough week can do this! :thumbsup:

Riddles.

My anxiety comes and go irregularly, become worst after lowering the dose for a week or two. Just like last Saturday until now, I suddenly become very anxious, panic, dizzy, weak legged, even I already in a certain lower dose for a month that nothing is happen and stable. Can anyone explain and give some suggestions what to do?

Yes, we can do it, but I just want this nightmare end soon. :(